Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Radar Traps in St. Robert?  (Read 10412 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Radar Traps in St. Robert?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Drove by there today, cars backing out from the front of businesses do not have to back into the road to back out.. There is plenty of room behind them. Now beyond the businesses there are 4 or 5 spots that perhaps employees park in and they would have to back up into the road to get out. Was told at the Hub that they are there almost everyday hiding where the old motorcycle building is. The stop sign coming out of the hub is at the back side of the parking spots, perhaps if a van or large truck was there you couldn't see over it, but it didn't look like an issue to me. The people at the Hub say they are getting complains about the harrasment of their customers and think it is hurting their business.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 01:26:41 AM »
I had to go to the bus station today and they were sitting there.  They were not hiding though, they were in plain site.  Just beware that they are out there.  Must have found a gold mine there.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:41 AM »
I had to go to the bus station today and they were sitting there.  They were not hiding though, they were in plain site.  Just beware that they are out there.  Must have found a gold mine there.

The police officers don't benefit from giving tickets..... just obey the law and you have nothing to worry about. :-) I'm speaking to myself too..... I'm terrible at noticing speed changes... I swear my vehicle only goes one speed... stop and "go" hah
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 03:49:49 AM »
The police officers don't benefit from giving tickets..... just obey the law and you have nothing to worry about. :-) I'm speaking to myself too..... I'm terrible at noticing speed changes... I swear my vehicle only goes one speed... stop and "go" hah
Hmmm...... Stop and Go are 2 speeds  ((*(*&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
This is an interesting thread and got me thinking.   How much time do the police spend on traffic enforcement?
I went to the Attorney General’s Site and pulled numbers off there.  For 2010,
Dixon, a population of 1535, made 30 traffic stops and wrote 10 tickets (33% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 1.9% of their population was stopped.
Richland, a population of 1775, made 715 traffic stops and wrote 162 tickets (22% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 40% of their population was stopped.
St Robert, a population of 3422, made 3745 stops and wrote 1381 tickets (37% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 109% of their population was stopped.
Waynesville, a population of 3796, made 3287 stops and wrote 1456 tickets (44% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 86% of the population was stopped.
Sheriff’s Office, a population of 44522, made 526 stops and wrote 78 tickets (14% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 1.1% of the population was stopped.
I know that the stops were not of the population exclusively, and I know the population numbers are disputed, but this is from the uniform crime and traffic stop reports on the attorney general webiste.
So what does this mean?  Well to me, a voter, who is not one of the people who got a ticket, it means based on population, in St Robert you are more likely to get stopped and more likely to get a ticket in Waynesville.
I just thought I would add this to the discussion.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
St Robert, a population of 3422, made 3745 stops and wrote 1381 tickets (37% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 109% of their population was stopped.

what these numbers dont tell you is how many were repeate offenders.  i hear people all the time talking about how they got pulled over..."again"...It could be closer to 70% of the population that just cant seem to learn thier lesson

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
Waynesville, a population of 3796, made 3287 stops and wrote 1456 tickets (44% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 86% of the population was stopped.

Yep all that and people still out there driving like idiots.... Running red lights, blowing stop signs, exceeding speed limits and lets not even talk about drunks and dopers.....

I am glad that Waynesville and St Bob are doing what they are paid to do... KEEP it up men and womwn in blue....

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

I'm aware the police "officers" don't get anything from the tickets, but I believe the city does.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »
I agree, they are only doing their job and I'm glad they are.  I have never gotten a speeding ticket, EVER!!!  I did get one for talking on my cell phone on post, but in my defense I just started working there and didn't see the BIG SIGN at the front gate.  LOL 

I just wish they would come to my neighborhood.  It is a prime spot to issue speeding and failure to stop tickets.  Also, drivin on the City Route, which is 45, you would think we were driving the Indy 500.  I know some of those people who pass me are going 60 at least.  They should sit there between 4 and 5 in the evening and 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning.  They could designate the money they get in fines to build a large storm shelter.  It could be paid for in less than a year if they could ticket everyone who is speeding.

Offline Jen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »
The day I received my ticket I came to a complete stop on VFW for at least 15 seconds (in sight of the officer) because another vehicle was blocking the road and facing the wrong way on the road for at least the 15 seconds I was stopped waiting for it to move. No telling how long it set their before I came to a stop.  I don't believe I was the one creating a traffic hazard. I thought the roads were for driving on not parking and blocking the street.  The officer wasn't giving that individual any assistance.  I came to a safe stop and waited for the real hazard to move out of the way so I could get by.  If my speed was truly unsafe for that area I wouldn't have been able to stop leaving the vehicle blocking the road three car lengths of space between us.  I simply gently applied my breaks and stopped. I was taught when I first started driving that you don't stop or block roads that you drive on them and get your tail end of the road before you get hit. I was surprised that he pulled me over and when he said it was for speeding I didn't believe it I had to drive back down the road later that day to validate the speed limit posted. I couldn't believe approxiately 90% of the road is 25 and that small section of the road was posted 15 when the school zones near Freedom is posted 25.       

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
-sitting in parking lot of subway St Robert
-sitting on gravel area near wher rick got his his ticket
-sitting by main post gate
-sitting by propane tank at pauls
-sitting by wall at end of municipal center parking lot
-sitting in the roadside park in st robert

listen to the scanner on a friday night.  St bob police turn into the revenue collectors.  People pulled over for every little thing. 

My wife was pulled over near the main gate.  The officer couldnt tell her how fast she was going but said she was speeding.  Other cars were passing her and she is very concious of her speed because of the type of car is a cop magnet.  He refused to show her the speed on the radar, then said he visually estimated her speed then wrote her a warning.  It was a BS stop.

People like her get pulled over but the (insert explicative here) driving the red Kia Forte that lives in Country Oaks and works on post.  (looks like http://autos.yahoo.com/kia/forte-koup/2011/sx/)  Lives in country oaks, so he travels East Lawn and drives to post.  When on MO avenue he weaves in and out of trafic and at least 60mph at times.  THAT person needs a talking to. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »

"""Sheriff’s Office, a population of 44522, made 526 stops and wrote 78 tickets (14% of the stops resulted in tickets) or 1.1% of the population was stopped."""""

When we (PCSD) were critized for all the traffic work we were doing I guess this should have been my answer.

JB

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »
Cops, most people don't like them ..till you need one

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:43 AM »
Cops, most people don't like them ..till you need one

I like them, even when I don't need them. ;-) I was really gonna try and keep it zipped but those who know me... well know better. :-) haha

I appreciate the job they do as I see it every day of my life. I see anxiety and fear waiting on blood results after being spit on by people with hepatitis and other communicable diseases.  I see hurt and heartache when a decision has to be made to remove a child from a bad home.  I see the birthday parties missed, and holidays with a missing love one at the table.  I see children's faces disappointed because daddy couldn't make the soccer game, dance recital or family movie night because some body decided they were gonna break the law and the job doesn't end just because the clock says the shift is over.  It's a profession of honor and integrity, one they chose to have out of love of helping others. 

When I see the badge I see sacrifice of ones own self for the worth and value of others.

They work very hard and I wish people could see what I see on a daily basis, perhaps, maybe people would reconsider the inconvenience of an occasional traffic stop.
Women are Angels

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:29 AM »
I like them, even when I don't need them. ;-) I was really gonna try and keep it zipped but those who know me... well know better. :-) haha

I appreciate the job they do as I see it every day of my life. I see anxiety and fear waiting on blood results after being spit on by people with hepatitis and other communicable diseases.  I see hurt and heartache when a decision has to be made to remove a child from a bad home.  I see the birthday parties missed, and holidays with a missing love one at the table.  I see children's faces disappointed because daddy couldn't make the soccer game, dance recital or family movie night because some body decided they were gonna break the law and the job doesn't end just because the clock says the shift is over.  It's a profession of honor and integrity, one they chose to have out of love of helping others. 

When I see the badge I see sacrifice of ones own self for the worth and value of others.

They work very hard and I wish people could see what I see on a daily basis, perhaps, maybe people would reconsider the inconvenience of an occasional traffic stop.
Well said Bliss  :kiss:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »
Just for a smile... ;-)
Women are Angels

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 03:58:06 AM »
I have nothing against Police. I know they do a job above and beyond what is ecpected at times. But sometime they are made to do Jobs above and beyond Common sense that the City makes them do. Like write tickets in obscure areas no one pays much attention to for revenue. The road were talking about Is 90 percent 25 Miles an hour. Theres about 800 to 1000 feet thats 15 and its the widest and least needed to have a lower speed limit. Someone said it was because the daycare was there. Well I went and looked and the speed limit changes just past the daycare where it wouldnt benifit the daycare in any way. So Its a definite speed trap. I had pictures and was going to fight my ticket BUT.....the Court date on my ticket had a August 5th date but looked very much like August 8th So I missed my courtdate and HAD to pay the fine to avoid a warrant. 84 Dollar Ticket .
She pulled 2 over right after me so 240 bucks in less than a half hour...Assuming they were doing  25 to 30......Multiply that by 30 days....Its a goldmine.
Biscuit

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
maybe this should be looked in to by the Pulaski County Daily and brought up at a council meeting?

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
Speaking of needing a talking to.  Can someone please pull over the guy in the green camaro with black racing stripes, before I get fed up and accidently put a pit manuever on him and put him out of commision for a month or two.  Ive literally seen this guy going 100 on Missouri ave on numerous occasions.

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
I can attest to that.....MO Ave looked like the grand Prix this morning.  The Police were set up on Old Rt 66....I guess that meant, take a right on to Mo Ave and step on the gas....

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »
There are alot of dingbats Id love to teach a lesson to.  Every time I drive "the car" someone tries to race me.  I sit patiently in the lane until they look like a complete A$$ screaming out of the intersections.  What they dont realize is that they will be the first to get hit by cross traffic

I know I could whoop their a$$.  I have nothing to prove
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:43 AM »
Forgot to post the picture of a St. Robert cop taking a joy ride at 40 miles per hour on the back of a patrol car by Kentucky fried Chicken. Here it is.. Wonder what the fine for that would be??

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »
Forgot to post the picture of a St. Robert cop taking a joy ride at 40 miles per hour on the back of a patrol car by Kentucky fried Chicken. Here it is.. Wonder what the fine for that would be??

^^^%%%
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 02:49:30 AM »
Heard on the radio, not sure where it took place, i think on the east coast somewhere.  That a man got a ticket and went in and fought the ticket and won.  But still had to pay 80+ dollars non refundable for filing fees etc..since he made a living and could pay those fees.. but if he had been homeless or low income he wouldnt have had to pay.  Took it to supreme court of the state and lost.