Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: It's people like this that will cause Obama's Job bill to fail.  (Read 3495 times)

Offline JPBegins

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
It's people like this that will cause Obama's Job bill to fail.
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

This ad was found in our local Rolla Net.  I am dumbfounded by this individuals laziness.  I have left all identifying info out of this post.  The individual even thought that it was important to post a portrait of himself....really?

I'm unemployed. I don't have a job and probably won't get one cause nobody will give me the job I want at the pay at need. However, i still want things.
What I need is for someone to give me a free tv. I want a 51 inch LED flatscreen. I will accept nothing less than this (it doesn't have to be new, but that's prefferable). Also, if someone has an XBox 360 they don't want they can throw that in.
No junk And NO I will not do odd jobs or wash your car or any of that crap. If you are giving something to someone, you shouldn't ask for anything in return. This is the FREE section
Thanks and bless you

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
Re: It's people like this that will cause Obama's Job bill to fail.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
I just found this on the rollanet, 'cause I had to see for myself! There's even a picture of some guy. Surely someone else posted this and the pic as a practical joke.......I would hope.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »
Must have been a joke, I could not find it in the FREE section
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
Not so sure.  There ARE people who actually think like this.

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »
yes. It's gone now.....but not before I shared it with everyone here in the office....it's kind of slow today.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »
sounds like the occupy wall street crowd. they want a job, they just don't want to work.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 02:14:25 AM »
They want to work. They also want the elite 1% to pay the same percent in taxes as we do.
Biscuit

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 04:39:00 AM »
They want to work. They also want the elite 1% to pay the same percent in taxes as we do.

OK Taz what tax bracket do you pay. Who the hell is hiring folks to work for them. You want and want but what are you doing to contribute to reduce the debt to our government,
Think about it. No one should site at home all year and get a tax refund of our money for nothing. Sorry Fair tax or 999 sure sound better then the IRS.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
I agree Pete.  People who pay $2000 in income tax should not get back $6000.  Earned Income Credit is just wrong.  No bank will let you go in and take out more than what you have put in.   You can get interest on it, but let me know what bank will pay that kind of interest, I'm moving my money.   I'll bet if you interviewed all the protesters on Wall Street, less than 50% of them have actual jobs.  Keep taxing the upper income people in the US, the ones who are paying all the rest of us for working for them, and they will just move to another country, taking their jobs with them.  What is so wrong with a person being a millionaire/billionaire.  Either, they or someone in their family has worked, key word here is worked, hard to make that money. That's what the US used to be all about.  Come here, work hard, make your fortune. If you are very good at what you do, you will get recognized, your name will spread and you too, could become very rich.  Should you be punished for that?   Just because  some people are happy to just get by, making what they make, does not entitle them to collect money from people who choose to excel in their life and get very rich doing it.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
I know it got deleted, but if someone was wanting to give to this person, just come see me. I happen to have a spot for a tv like that. I will even take a used one. See I am easy to please. I don't really want an xbox 360, but to continue the American way I will take it.
1*

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
I just heard that one of the things the protesters want is for their student loans to be forgiven, costing the government trillions of dollars that the tax payers would have to make up. 

I'm all for education, but If you don't get a scholarship or have parents to pay for your education, it is not my responsibility to do so.  I heard a guy on the radio the other day saying he thought tax payers should pay for him to get an education so he could be employed later and pay taxes himself.  Wrong.  Go to work where you don't need a degree, and go to school in the evenings.  If you decide to get a student loan, that is fine too, but don't expect me to pay for your education.  That's how life is, you get something you have to pay for it yourself.  No different that buying a car or a house. 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »
the top 1% pay 39% of the tax bill
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/05in05tr.xls

all this crap is about class warfare and lazy people.

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
 student loans are a scam by both school and lender. education should cost closer to the price of a car not a new house. earned income credit can not be drawn if you have not worked and honest people dont get rich. i know many very wealthy men in this county but they didn't get their by being honest.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Earned Income Credit.  I work with a girl who worked 5 months last year and received over $5000.00 back in tax returns.  She doesn't make any more than I do, so I know she didn't pay in that much, but she was bragging about how much she was getting back.  I worked the entire year and received $31.00 in refund from the Fed and had to pay $380 to the state and I have additional money taken out of my check for taxes.  Something about this picture is not right.  You should not get back more than you pay in, period!!!!!!!!!

Student Loans may be a scam, I have never received one, never went to college, but the person getting the student loan knows in advance what they have to pay back.  If you don't want to owe that much money then find another way of paying for your education.  I should not have to pay for it. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
Those dishonest people who get rich are the ones making the engines of this country run.  Without them, there are fewer jobs.  Do you think the all the people who oppose the rich are all honest?  Honesty is lacking in this country at all levels.  In fact I would guess that you yourself have told a lie at least once in your life (maybe told someone their hair looked nice when you know it didn't).  There was a time in this country when honesty and morality meant something, not anymore. 

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
 "It's people like this that will cause Obama's Job bill to fail."

I agree, people like this can effect the outcome of the recovery. A fake post claiming to be a lazy bum expecting a hand out. The folks on the right then grab and run with it. Never bothering to see if its true or not.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
I don't believe many on the left would let it go. nobama's support has plummeted. the left are not supporting  his jobs bill either. the senate voted a bill down and this jobs bill nobama keeps talking about, has yet to be introduced in the house.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »
student loans are a scam by both school and lender. education should cost closer to the price of a car not a new house. earned income credit can not be drawn if you have not worked and honest people dont get rich. i know many very wealthy men in this county but they didn't get their by being honest.
Whats wrong with you??? A loan is a loan no matter what it is for. Next you will say house loans are a scam. Get the tenured teachers to teach for a price that isn't buying a car every semester. Put your pipe down and get with real world living. I wish folks would have to post their real names here when they say total bull like this.

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
well call it what you will , call me what you will, but it is a scam.  community colleges tend to come and go one after another in the same location.  poor folks go to these hoping to have the  chance that others have. they are promised job placement when they leave the school. they are promised a wage that they can expect to make when done with schooling. these colleges do what ever it takes to get you approved for a student loan. when they are done with their 2 year course and are now 20,000 in debt they find out this great job they thought they were going to have doesn't exist. now for they next few years they get extensions hoping to find a job that will pay them what the schools said they could make. before they know it judgment has been found against them and they are getting their wage garnishments  for the education that never got them out of the job they were trying to get away from in the beginning. now after interest legal fees and all the extra b.s. they owe 40,000 for a 5,000 education who credits cant even be transferred to a real college.  as for real world living ... uncle SAM has never paid my way. i work every day to pay my way instead of borrowing my way threw life.   when you talk about real world living just remember, i get no government aid, no  free health care, no free education, and no retirement. i live in the real world you know the one that everyone around here who isn't military lives in. dont take offense i am just saying that we dont get all the breaks. as for my name it really doesn't matter but if it will make you feel better to have a name to curse then ill give it to ya, my name is Dave.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
OK Taz what tax bracket do you pay. Who the hell is hiring folks to work for them. You want and want but what are you doing to contribute to reduce the debt to our government,
Think about it. No one should site at home all year and get a tax refund of our money for nothing. Sorry Fair tax or 999 sure sound better then the IRS.
Why the hell you attacking me, did not say anything. As far as my tax bracket, I am a GS 13 and a retired soldier, so what I pay yearly in taxes is more than many people make a year. Have a nice day
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
There is a big difference between community colleges, which are usually two-year colleges run by elected state or local governing boards, and the for-profit technical schools which may or may not be legitimate.

I don't know any community college in Missouri where somebody could have $20,000 in student loan debt after two years of study. Maybe somewhere in St. Louis or Kansas City there's a place where that kind of debt load is needed to pay for a two-year school, but in this state, debt loads of that level are pretty much limited to tuition at private colleges and four-year public schools.

There are serious problems with colleges approving students for loans which they know are unlikely to be repaid. Those problems are not unknown in Missouri, but they are much more common at larger institutions in urban centers of our larger states.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
one thing I think we all can agree on is the price is ridiculous compared to waht it used to cost.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:10 AM »
It is people like Obama's supporters who will defeat the bill.  A billl which has het to get to the House.  People like say Reid?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:46 AM »
student loans just help tuition go up. the colleges know they will get their money.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:05 AM »

The way it came across to me was that you supported this thought that the top 1% needs to pay the same as us broke folks. Maybe I got that wrong but you had that after a post about the same. There are folks there that quit a paying job to get payed to sit and protest. I just assumed you were stating you payed more then the top 1%. My bad.