Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE – Crocker Conoco  (Read 10505 times)

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE – Crocker Conoco
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 08:20:40 PM »

Share/Bookmark

When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:25 PM »
even still.  isnt it normal to get a written estimate before work starts....that would have answered all questions before any of this started.

I believe he said the bill was "$140 more than what he was quoted" so I'm thinking the bill was $245.00.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
If I was the Tire Store owner, wrong or right I would make the customer happy so he wouldnt have to let everyone know not to shop there. You never leave a customer pissed. I figure One Mad client could make for at least 100 people not shopping at your store over what they hear about you . Word of Mouth is the best advertisement. you dont want that word to hurt ya.
Biscuit

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »
Just a biker are you the one that made the call or did someone else make it for you? If you say you made it then the guy is lying or has been to lied to by an employee.  If someone else made the call then that kinda does give him an out. If you say you made the call I would believe you. I know you don't talk trash or lie you are one of the most straight shooters I know.

Chas, no trash talking on my behalf.  As Adrina said above, she was the one who actually spoke to the person on the phone & obtained the quote.  However, she was standing next to me when she was on the phone, showed me what she had written down and repeated the information back to the person on the phone.  She did this because they did not have the same size tires that were on the vehicle, but one size bigger.  So, if the person who provided the quote did so in error, they had the opportunity (while still on the phone) to correct it when she read the information back to them.  Adrina was also with me when I took the vehicle to the station.  If that makes a difference then so be it, but I don't see how it does.  I could see how it may make a difference if I had just said "Well, my GF called & got a price, but I left her at home."  She was with me the whole time.

I believe he said the bill was "$140 more than what he was quoted" so I'm thinking the bill was $245.00.

The price quoted over the phone was $105 per tire, mounted, balanced and out the door.  The price I was charged was $140 per tire + labor. I have no idea where the $145 came in to play, as I've never heard nor seen that price. 

I posted my bad experience with a local business because they did not have the common courtesy to give me a phone call to discuss the matter in private after I requested it of two employees and the owner’s son.  As of yesterday morning I was under the impression that this matter was settled, or in the process of being settled, after talking with the owner.  I had no intention of posting anything else (other than answering a question here or there, such as this) until the owner and I had completely settled everything. 

I am not including anything in this post regarding what the owner and I spoke of because he told me that he had no intention of posting anything on the web, and it was for him and me to settle.  I respect and will honor what was discussed between the two of us.  I will say that the owner and I spoke for a considerable amount of time, neither of us were happy with how this was handled nor the impending outcome, and this would have been dropped (with a final update) once the owner and I had the chance to finalize our agreement.   

Now I guess we'll see what impending legal action awaits.  Too bad that phone call wasn't made when the chance to fix it was there instead of all this school yard drama.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 12:02:22 AM »
even still.  isnt it normal to get a written estimate before work starts....that would have answered all questions before any of this started.

The estimate was given over the phone.  If they had gone into the store and talked to someone to get an estimate, the probably could have gotten a "written estimate."

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 01:25:11 AM »
The estimate was given over the phone.  If they had gone into the store and talked to someone to get an estimate, the probably could have gotten a "written estimate."
but they still had to take the vehicle there, and should have gotten it in writing at that time.  it isnt like you would drive up, toss the keys on the desk and leave...at least I wouldnt

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
I have gone to amny a different shops, and even after i called and get a quote, they fill out a work order, and have me sign it before they start. The price should have been verified at that point.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
but they still had to take the vehicle there, and should have gotten it in writing at that time.  it isnt like you would drive up, toss the keys on the desk and leave...at least I wouldnt

I do that all the time.  That's why so many shops have the key drop thing. Maybe this is a lesson to all of us not to do that, no matter what shop you are taking your car to.  I called last week to get an estimate on two tires.  I wouldn't think to get it written down when I take the car in.  Reading this thread makes me think maybe I should.  Usually when I take my car in, I say "call me and let me know how much it will be."  I've never had to say "that's OK, don't fix it" because it has always been reasonable.  But, I don't remember the last time I had an estimate in writing.

Offline cricket

• me 115 feet up inn the air
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 04:25:55 AM »
I go to conoco daily, and have bought tires from them several times, I have always went in never over the phone, and what ever I was quoted that is what it cost. I hate to see them being slammed on here, I think it was an honest mistake, they are good people, and have never done us wrong.
Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 05:54:42 PM »
I don't think they are "being slammed".  I think they are just being called on a mistake and asked to correct it.

I go to conoco daily, and have bought tires from them several times, I have always went in never over the phone, and what ever I was quoted that is what it cost. I hate to see them being slammed on here, I think it was an honest mistake, they are good people, and have never done us wrong.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
I don't think they are "being slammed".  I think they are just being called on a mistake and asked to correct it.

We aren't sure who "made the mistake."  It is a matter of "he said, she said."

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »
If Conco didn't give them a written estimate then that would be bad policy on their part. I believe Timmy and Adraina, for what is worth.