Author Topic: Press Release 11-14-11 6 Sentenced to DOC  (Read 1265 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Press Release 11-14-11 6 Sentenced to DOC
« on: November 16, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
11/14/11

Six Sentenced to the Department of Corrections last week

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that six Pulaski County offenders were sentenced to the Department of Corrections in Circuit Court actions last week.

The first defendant was Dalton Beyer of Waynesville.  Beyer pled guilty to one count of attempted arson for trying to light his mattress on fire in the Pulaski County Jail.  Pursuant to a plea agreement with the Prosecuting Attorney, Mr. Beyer Judge Sheffield sentenced him to four years in the Department of Corrections as a result of his plea.

The second defendant was Amanda Harrill of Lebanon.  Ms. Harrill had violated the terms and conditions of her probation for which she had been placed on for a charge of Possession of a Controlled Substance.  Upon a motion by the Prosecutorís Office, Judge Sheffield revoked her probation and sentenced her to five years in the Department of Corrections.

The third defendant was Richard Sinden of Dixon.  Mr. Sinden violated the terms and conditions of his probation for which he had been placed on for a charge of Possession of a Controlled Substance.  Upon a motion by the Prosecutorís Office, Judge Sheffield revoked his probation and sentenced him to five years in the Department of Corrections.

The fourth defendant was David Delgado-Rivera, formerly of Laquey.  Mr. Delgado-Rivera violated the terms and conditions of his probation for which he had been placed on for a charge of Assault in the Second Degree.  Upon motion by the Prosecutorís Office, Judge Sheffield revoked his probation and sentenced him to four years in the Department of Corrections.  Mr. Delgado-Rivera is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.

The fifth defendant was Richard Green of Dixon.  Mr. Green violated the terms and conditions of his probation for which he had been placed on for charges of felony Passing Bad Checks.  Upon a motion by the Prosecutorís Office, Judge Sheffield revoked his probation and sentenced him to three years in the Department of Corrections.

The sixth defendant was Leroy Vanderhoof of Laquey.  Mr. Vanderhoof violated the terms and conditions of his probation for which he had been placed on for charges of Burglary and Stealing.  Upon motion by the Prosecutorís Office, Judge White revoked his probation and sentenced him to multiple seven year sentences to run concurrent with one another in the Department of Corrections

ďI want to commend the hard work of the law enforcement community and my staff for working to put these individuals in prison where they belong.  I especially want to commend the professionalism of the Pulaski County Jail staff, who were forced to endure a lot of unnecessary abuse from Mr. Beyer.  Although I would have liked to have seen him sent to prison for a longer period of time, I felt it was in the best interest of the taxpayers of Pulaski County, and the safety of the jail staff, to get him to the Department of Corrections as quickly as possible,Ē said Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.

These cases were prosecuted by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton, Laura Kriebs, Dean Matthews, and Bill Hardwick. 

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
Re: Press Release 11-14-11 6 Sentenced to DOC
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:15 AM »
Good work well done to all involved

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
Re: Press Release 11-14-11 6 Sentenced to DOC
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
I like these reports, we used to hear of them being arrested, but not much more beyond that, unless you were an avid court watcher :) but I like seeing that something does happen to these people after they are arrested.