Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: New House and Senate District Maps for MO  (Read 3863 times)

Offline David Day

• View Profile
New House and Senate District Maps for MO
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The new House and Senate District maps have been released.  They are not all uploaded to the sites yet but here is what I know.

New House Districts can be viewed at:  http://oa.mo.gov/bp/redistricting/documents/House%20Apportionment%20Plan%208.5x11%20Statewide.pdf

Senate:  Pulaski County will remain in the 16th Senatorial Dist but that district now includes Phelps, Pulaski, Laclede, and Camden County.

More/better maps will be available in the coming hours/days at:  http://oa.mo.gov/bp/redistricting/new_state_legislative_districts.htm

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Re: New House and Senate District Maps for MO
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
Interactive maps seem to be working now.  Much better view of the districts and you can zoom in.

http://oa.mo.gov/bp/redistricting/newlegislativedistricts/

Dave

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:39:10 AM »
I cant tell if fort wood is in the 122 or the 142 ?
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:15:51 AM »
I cant tell if fort wood is in the 122 or the 142 ?

Both, they split it up.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
This is very interesting. It will certainly throw a monkey wrench into Pulaski County politics.

While in the past State Rep. David Day has served nearly all of the populated parts of Pulaski County except for the Big Piney area and parts of Fort Leonard Wood placed into the Texas County district served by State Rep. Don Wells, we are now going to have not just one but three state representatives serving significant parts of Pulaski County's population. Day lives in Dixon but he's term-limited and cannot run for re-election so the redistricting won't affect his eligibility for office even though his hometown is now grouped with Rolla.

Most of northern Pulaski County, including Richland, Swedeborg, Crocker, and Dixon, has been put into Phelps County along with Rolla to form State House of Representatives District 121. That's the territory currently served by Rep. Keith Frederick, a Republican and an orthopedic surgeon living in Rolla. Since he's an incumbent elected in 2010, he will have an automatic advantage over the two Republicans from Crocker who have already declared they plan to seek the nomination, Don Mayhew and Jim Skaggs.

Waynesville, St. Robert, and most of Laquey will be in a new District 122 which does not have an incumbent. Waynesville Mayor Cliff Hammock and retired Lynch's Furniture owner Steve Lynch have declared they will be running for the Republican nomination and live inside that district.

However, District 122's borders will look considerably different from their current shape even south of the Gasconade River.

The Hancock Precinct, which is Devil's Elbow and most but not all of Highway 28 and its side roads south of the Gasconade River, and part of Fort Leonard Wood that is mostly officers' housing has been placed into Texas County, along with the Big Piney area and parts of Fort Leonard Wood which are already there, and a small part of the Laquey area, to form State House of Representatives District 142. That Texas County area is currently served by Rep. Don Wells, but he's term-limited and cannot run for re-election.

The affected parts of Fort Leonard Wood in the garrison area which have residents are divided by a line running southward from the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Eighth Street along Nebraska Avenue until it curves southwest to New Battery Street, and then running west through the Joint Waynesville-St. Robert Municipal Airport on Forney Field and out of Fort Leonard Wood to the junction of Highway 17 and Sierra Drive in the Laquey area, then straight south to the county line, and eastward from the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Eighth Street along Eighth Street to Jadwin Drive, then east to Oklahoma Avenue, south to Delafield Street, east to a point about 250 feet east of the corner of Jadwin Drive and Delafield Street, and then straight north out of Fort Leonard Wood.

Most of Fort Leonard Wood's housing area will be grouped with Waynesville and St. Robert. The main parts of the housing area that are grouped with Texas County are Piney Hills Drive and associated side streets, alog with the following streets:

* Jadwin Drive east of Taylor Place,

* the south side of Delafield Street, and all of the north side except a portion from Oklahoma Avenue to just west of Jadwin Drive

* Gridley Loop

* Sibert Lane

* Goethals Drive south of Delafield Street

* Cooley Avenue

* the south side of Eighth Street

* Louisiana Avenue south of Eighth Street

* Michigan Avenue south of Eighth Street

While all of Richland, Swedeborg, Crocker, and Dixon are now grouped with Rolla to form a district centered in Phelps County, and generally areas south of the Gasconade River and west of Highway 28 are grouped with Waynesville and St. Robert, there some exceptions. Generally, areas south of the Richland city limits along Highway 7 north of the Gasconade River and south of Rochester Road are grouped with Waynesville and St. Robert, along with areas north of the Gasconade River along Highway 17 south of Reliable Road, including small portions on the far eastern end of Buford Lane, part of Bobcat Road, the southern part of Bobwhite Road, and Basin Road. Most of the other areas north of the Gasconade River that are grouped with Waynesville and St. Robert have few if any roads or residents.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
For Immediate Release:  New Lines are Drawn:  http://www.staterepday.com/New_Lines_are_Drawn.pdf

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »
Probably some of the folks screaming the loudest will be the Phelps Co. area.  Much of the county is lumped in with all of Texas Co., so that will likely be a Texas Co. Seat.  Another part is lumped in with all of Crawford Co, so that will probalby be a Crawford Co. seat. 

Their only chance at Phelps Co. having a seat in the MO House is the new district that includes all of northern Pulaski.  While Rolla has a lot of voters, not all of Rolla is in that district, and it includes a farily large portion of rural Phelps County.  If the rural parts of that district hold together, as many times happens, that seat could easily be in Pulaski County where Dixon, Crocker, Richland all all of the northern part is up to the county line.

The Waynesville, St. Robert area look pretty much as I expected them to.  I never saw what happened to the northern part coming.  I thought it would be moved to places like Maries Co.

Dave

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »
Looks like the court didn't follow any school district lines. Seems like that is going to create some headaches for the county clerks. I'll drive to Dixon(121st district) to vote for a candidate in the 122nd district. ????

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
That's a call the County Clerks will be making.  House District lines have never followed school district lines at all though.  Actually they don't follow any lines, based on population almost totally.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »
Legislative redistricting plan could complicate Pulaski County politics
PULASKI COUNTY, Mo. (Dec. 1, 2011) — A new legislative redistricting plan could dramatically change Pulaski County politics and significantly complicate the campaigns of several already-announced candidates for the Missouri House of Representatives. While in the past State Rep. David Day has served nearly all of the populated parts of Pulaski County except for the Big Piney area and portions of Fort Leonard Wood placed into the Texas County district served by State Rep. Don Wells, Pulaski County’s growth means not just one but three state representatives will serve significant parts of Pulaski County’s population. Day and Wells are term-limited and cannot run for re-election, but Day’s hometown of Dixon, along with Richland, Swedeborg and Crocker, are now grouped into a single district with the city of Rolla. The officer’s housing area of Fort Leonard Wood, Devil’s Elbow, and most of the Highway 28 area south of the Gasconade River are grouped with Big Piney and Texas County, and the areas around Waynesville, St. Robert, Laquey and northern parts of Fort Leonard Wood will be their own district. Click here to read more on Pulaski County Daily News ...
By Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline DUANE4043

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »
I understand why the Governor vetoed it. What a mess. I am sure it was set up to benefit the majority party! Grrrrr, is all I have to say about it.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
Duane,

The Governor did not veto this map, nor did the state legislature draw it.  We are in charge of the U.S. Congressional Map, we have nothing to do at all with these maps.

The Governor appointed a citizen commission who was charged with drawing these maps.  Sadly, they could not get the job done, they could not agree on one.  So at that point it went to the Supreme Court who then appointed a pannel of judges, who are the ones that drew this (as you put it) "mess". 

These are the final maps, they have the final say on them.  However, as I said...the legislature had nothing to do with these maps and the Governor had nothing to do with them other than he appointed the commission that never got the job done.

Dave

P.S.  Almost every agrees that both the MO House and Senate maps help the minority party, not the majority.

Offline DUANE4043

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
Dave, thanks for clarifying for me. Did not mean to speak out of turn. To much for me to keep up with. I was reading last weeks Jeff. City paper and obviously confused this issue with another.
Thanks for your hard work as our rep.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
The one he did the veto on was the Congressional Map.  We did an override on that veto.  That was back in May I believe.

Thanks for the kind words.

Dave

Offline mikrzy55

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Boy what a bunch of BS!!! I finally get some friends to start thinking about voting & now I won't even know what to tell them. Heck I'll be lucky to know where I'm voting & who I'm able to vote for.  :th_tha3ab577b-1: :fight: *****