Author Topic: Question for Kevin  (Read 1902 times)

Offline wyd2060

• View Profile
Question for Kevin
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

As a business owner, what is the procedure for attempting to collect on a bad check.  I have attempted to cash this customer's check through my bank, their bank and have contacted the (now terminated) customer and have had no luck.  Thank you!

Wipe off the blood and get back in the game!
Blue's Hockey

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: Question for Kevin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:34:58 AM »
this is what i was told to do...go to your bank deposit the money into your checking account (even knowing the check wont got through), dont spend that amount then wait till you get back the proof the account is no good then take it to kevins office and then start the proceedure for him to collect your money
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline wyd2060

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:50:12 AM »
I have ran it through my bank twice - I have the NSF copy with the dates on the back showing it was no good.  Do I just go to the prosecutor's office with the check - do I need any other information?  Are there fees I have to pay to press charges?  Never had to do this before - so not all sure what is required.
Thanks!

Blue's Hockey

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
I just went to his office and filled out a statement and give them the papers proving about the account being closed. I dont remember it costing me anything. but they will tell you what you need to know at his office. Goodluck
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline wyd2060

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »
Thanks Kathy! :)

Blue's Hockey

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
Good luck with collecting.  From viewing Mr. Hillman's post he does prosecute.  Just heard on the news up here, that they are looking for a women for passing 18 checks for under 500 dollars each.  Put out a message on the radio for information of her whereabouts.  I know a bounced check will happen now and again, ive had a few happen to me.  I usually find out before the store informs me and i contact them to make arrangements to take care of the check, 9 times out of 10 they have let me pay just the amount of the check and not the fee as well.  Just because i contacted them about it.  I dont complain about the fee or ask for them to be dropped because it was my mistake and not the businesses fault.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »
Kathy is correct, we will need the check (or the electronic copy) and for you to fill out a form and bring it up to our office.  I can send you the form or it is available if you come to the office.  There is no charge to you.  In fact, if we collect on the check you get a fee and so does the county.  We are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and are located on the 3rd floor of the courthouse.

Kevin
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline wyd2060

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:52 AM »
Thank you :)

Blue's Hockey

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 06:15:27 AM »
Good luck with collecting.  From viewing Mr. Hillman's post he does prosecute.  Just heard on the news up here, that they are looking for a women for passing 18 checks for under 500 dollars each.  Put out a message on the radio for information of her whereabouts.  I know a bounced check will happen now and again, ive had a few happen to me.  I usually find out before the store informs me and i contact them to make arrangements to take care of the check, 9 times out of 10 they have let me pay just the amount of the check and not the fee as well.  Just because i contacted them about it.  I dont complain about the fee or ask for them to be dropped because it was my mistake and not the businesses fault.

Actually Ive seen many charges filed by Kevin lately for Bad Checks as well as others Ive seen go unattended by Hooper. Hes doing a hell of a job up there. I just hope i dont get in any trouble, He dont Mess around.
Biscuit

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
Actually Ive seen many charges filed by Kevin lately for Bad Checks as well as others Ive seen go unattended by Hooper. Hes doing a hell of a job up there. I just hope i dont get in any trouble, He dont Mess around.
I agree with you, he is doing a great job