Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: The Facts...  (Read 1880 times)

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
The Facts...
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:04:47 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Looks Like Roy Blunt Voted Yes......
Fact Sheet: New Law Allowing for Indefinite Military Detention for Americans Without Charge or Trial
[/font][/size][/b]
- S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act passed by a 93 -7 vote in the U.S. Senate on November 30 and now headed
toward becoming law unless vetoed by the president, allows for American citizens to be taken into military custody without
charge or trial, for life, for the first time in American history. The new law is intended to designate the entire world, including
the U.S., as the "battlefield" in the war on terror. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said in a speech on the Senate floor: “1031, the
statement of authority to detain, does apply to American citizens and it designates the world as the battlefield, including the
homeland.”
- The Christian Science Monitor reports: ""Legislation passed by the Senate this week and headed for the House – and a
possible presidential veto – could allow the US military to detain American citizens indefinitely.”
[/font][/size]
("Guantánamo for US
citizens? Senate bill raises questions," Christian Science Monitor, Dec. 3, 2011)
[/font][/size][/i]
- The law would permanently and unconstitutionally deprive Americans of their Sixth Amendment right to a jury trial,
guaranteed in the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution.
- Once in military detention there is no recourse for proving innocence. None of the protections, due process, or 230 years of
criminal law and legal processes apply. The military operates under a chain of command answerable only to the Secretary of
Defense and the president. After Obama, all presidents will inherit these powers.
- The Washington Post has confirmed a secret list of Americans to be assassinated, reporting on Jan. 26, 2010: "The military's
Joint Special Operations Command maintains a target list that includes several Americans...U.S. officials have said that the
government is prepared to kill U.S. citizens who are believed to be involved in terrorist activities that threaten Americans."
There is no way to determine who is on the list, as it is "classified."
[/font][/size]
("U.S. military teams, intelligence deeply involved in aiding
Yemen on strikes," Washington Post, by Dana Priest, Jan. 27, 2010)
[/font][/size][/i]
- The law's primary sponsors are Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI).
[/font][/size]
(Chris Anders, Senior Legislative
Counsel for ACLU, Washington office, "Senators Demand the Military Lock Up of American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They
Define as Being Right Outside Your Window," Nov. 23, 2011, http://tinyurl.com/85xfjyg )
[/font][/size][/i]
- The only U.S. senators who voted against the law, "7 Patriots" are: Jeff Merkley [D], Tom Harkin [D], Ron Wyden [D],
Thomas Coburn, [R], Mike Lee [R], Rand Paul [R], and Bernie Sanders .
- The Oath of Office of the U.S. senator, required by the Constitution before assuming duties, as well as any American military
officer, is: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all
enemies, foreign and domestic…” The Oath makes no mention of defending territory, the president, or anything other than the
Constitution. The Founders intended that defense of the Constitution come before all else. Thomas Jefferson said: "I consider
trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its
constitution." By violating their Oath to protect and defend the United States Constitution, these senators have made
themselves "domestic enemies" of the Constitution.
- Case law has until now been ambiguous on the government's ability to designate American citizens as "enemy combatants"
for life. The authority of the executive branch to invoke wartime powers in order to hold American citizen Jose Padilla as an
enemy combatant in 2001 was upheld by Judge J. Michael Luttig in the Fourth Circuit, but Padilla was released to a civilian
trial before the decision could be reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court. The McCain-Levin law for the first time clearly
attempts to permanently override every citizen's right to a jury trial; under the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
[/font][/size]
(Wikipedia, "Jose Padilla")
[/font][/size][/i]
- 18 states have public official recall laws. A few, like Rhode Island, specifically exclude federal officials, although this can be
changed by the state legislature, and recall laws can be passed by any state. Although not written into the Constitution, the
power to recall federal officials is grounded in the Tenth Amendment: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
- Opposition to what amounts to a blatant betrayal of the Oath of Office has united Americans from different parts of the
political spectrum as never before.
[/font][/size]
For more information see: “We Are All Really Bradley Manning Now: Senate Passes Military Detention for American
Citizens,” WarIsACrime.org, http://tinyurl.com/85bwqq4[/font][/size][/b]

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Re: The Facts...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
I would contact his office with questions on his vote.
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
Mr. Day, were you aware that this was being voted on?   

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »
No I wasn't, I have been working on stuff at the state level.  I can't keep up with what my job is and everything they do at the federal level.

Sorry,
Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »
Thank you I will take your advise and go to the federal level.  Thank you for your timely response.