Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Hwy 28 Break-ins  (Read 8453 times)

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
Hwy 28 Break-ins
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I haven't posted here for a while, and I haven't scoured the rest of the site, but I haven't heard anything about the subject break-ins.  I was talking to a neighbor on Saturday, and he told me he had been broken in to.  When I got home, another neighbor was there telling my wife the same thing.  I got to thinking that since I lived between the two, I had better check.  Low and Behold I found a door that had been tampered with, and I had to replace the knob.  Luckily, I had just replace all my doors with new steel doors and locks including deadbolts just last summer.

TI

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
Re: Hwy 28 Break-ins
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
I punched something wrong, and this posted before I was done.  My last sentence was to have been;

IT SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE HAD A DEPUTY STOP BY AND TELL US WHAT WAS GOING ON, AND TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT!!!

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
If someone even thinks about trying to break our house they are going to have a very very big surprise... LOL...
yeah whatever~*

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Understand that, but they broke into both houses during the day when everyone was at work.

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
We are lucky ... someone is always at home... along with some very very large dogs that are uber protective.  One being 130lb Heike our Great Dane calf that will great you "if" you manage to get in the door - among other surprises ....   :wink1a:
yeah whatever~*

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
we had someone try to break in our back door too. We hadn't reported it to the police until the neighbor called and said someone had also tried to break into theirs also we have to think it happened during the day as we are always home at night. We think they were trying to break in when we pulled into the driveway and scared them away. We have since reported it to the sheriff department. We do live in the general area just off the outer road past hwy 28.

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
I really expected to get a comment from the sheriff's department on my comment about keeping the neighborhood informed, but I guess not.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
I don't hink they hgave time to make phone calls to the homes.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
You have to protect your own property and IF they get ya and run off with some stuff they will make a report for insurance purposes and to help catch the thiefs if they have detailed description of property. If they break in MY home I will shoot a MoFo in a heartbeat. Thats IF they are in my home.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
I don't hink they hgave time to make phone calls to the homes.
I agree and think that's where neighbors used to help each other more... seems like that doesn't happen much anymore.

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
Looks like they caught a couple people day before yesterday. Maybe they are the culprits? See Sheriffs report.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »
I really expected to get a comment from the sheriff's department on my comment about keeping the neighborhood informed, but I guess not.

OK, here is a comment. We are real busy trying to cover 550 square miles and 52,576 permanent residents with 13 paid deputies, repeat 13 paid deputies.. Somehow we just do not get to everything. Right now I feel like Gen. Custer at the Little Big Horn, "Where are all these damn burglars, er, I mean Indians coming from?"

Sheriff J. B. King

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »
I think you are more outnumbered than custer was JB!

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »
I agree with most of these comments, but for neighbors to help neighbors, they have to know there is a problem.  These bozos broke in while no one was at home, so shooting is out of the question.  JBs comment brings up a good question though, how many reserve deputies does this county have?  I was told that a previous sheriff had over 80, most of which never struck a lick at a dead snake.  This information canvassing would be a perfect job for a reserve.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
This information canvassing would be a perfect job for a reserve.

Big Ed, the problem is most of the reserves work full time jobs else where, and some of us work more than double the normal hours at hour jobs that pay the bills. We try very hard to help where ever we can, but we are spread thin to say the least.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 02:00:05 AM »
I agree with most of these comments, but for neighbors to help neighbors, they have to know there is a problem.  These bozos broke in while no one was at home, so shooting is out of the question.  JBs comment brings up a good question though, how many reserve deputies does this county have?  I was told that a previous sheriff had over 80, most of which never struck a lick at a dead snake.  This information canvassing would be a perfect job for a reserve.

#1 We do not have sufficient cars to send out very many reserves at any given time. If the $15K in this years budget for the purchase of cars is still there when the final budget is approved, and it should be, that would bring the grand total to $35K in 8 budget years for me to buy cars with. Thats $4,375 per year.

#2 Yes, I do have quite a few reserves. Some work 8 hours every two months and some work 4-7 shifts per month. The county pays work comp insurance on all of them. Quite a bit of $$$$.

#3  I require all reserves to do an FTO period. Depending on their experience it can be 14 to 21 days and for green deputies it is several months, same as the paid deputies. So most of the time the reserves act as a second deputy for a two man car. It makes more gasoline sense to send one two man car instead of two one man cars. Saves budget money. Last year we spent $160K on auto expenses, this year we get the same if the budget stays the same as approved. Pray we do not get $4.00+ gas this year.

#4. I write a column every week and several warnings have been issued in the column.

#5. All of my reserves are POST certified unlike many people who held commissions under the prior sheriff. Many of these people wanted me to reissue them a commission. We seldom got past the show me the POST license part of the application process.

#6 If law enforcement is so important in Pulaski County why do I only have 13 paid deputies now?  (2 more in the new budget if they stay there) REMEMBER WE HAVE 550 SQUARE MILES TO COVER AND 52,000 FULL TIME PEOPLE IN THE COUNTY.

Food for thought.

JB

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:32 AM »
Your wrong about the population count. Kevin Hillman just got rid of 8 more.   :wink1a:   ;D   :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 02:52:25 AM »
I was under the impression that reserve deputies often provided their own cars, at least they had all the lights, sirens, and radios that patrol cars do.  Does the 525 square miles and 52,000 people include anyone who lives inside a city limit or Ft. Leonard Wood.  It may or may not be true, but I have always been told that a lot of the reason Pulaski County may not do as well tax wise is because almost half of the county is taken out of the tax base by FLW.  I'm no expert, but I don't think yours, or any other county body, has the same responsibility inside city limits or on post.  Any truth to this?

Offline Gene Newkirk

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 03:00:53 AM »
Budeget is done no changes J B .

#1 We do not have sufficient cars to send out very many reserves at any given time. If the $15K in this years budget for the purchase of cars is still there when the final budget is approved, and it should be, that would bring the grand total to $35K in 8 budget years for me to buy cars with. Thats $4,375 per year.

#2 Yes, I do have quite a few reserves. Some work 8 hours every two months and some work 4-7 shifts per month. The county pays work comp insurance on all of them. Quite a bit of $$$$.

#3  I require all reserves to do an FTO period. Depending on their experience it can be 14 to 21 days and for green deputies it is several months, same as the paid deputies. So most of the time the reserves act as a second deputy for a two man car. It makes more gasoline sense to send one two man car instead of two one man cars. Saves budget money. Last year we spent $160K on auto expenses, this year we get the same if the budget stays the same as approved. Pray we do not get $4.00+ gas this year.

#4. I write a column every week and several warnings have been issued in the column.

#5. All of my reserves are POST certified unlike many people who held commissions under the prior sheriff. Many of these people wanted me to reissue them a commission. We seldom got past the show me the POST license part of the application process.

#6 If law enforcement is so important in Pulaski County why do I only have 13 paid deputies now?  (2 more in the new budget if they stay there) REMEMBER WE HAVE 550 SQUARE MILES TO COVER AND 52,000 FULL TIME PEOPLE IN THE COUNTY.

Food for thought.

JB

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »
I was under the impression that reserve deputies often provided their own cars, at least they had all the lights, sirens, and radios that patrol cars do.  Does the 525 square miles and 52,000 people include anyone who lives inside a city limit or Ft. Leonard Wood.  It may or may not be true, but I have always been told that a lot of the reason Pulaski County may not do as well tax wise is because almost half of the county is taken out of the tax base by FLW.  I'm no expert, but I don't think yours, or any other county body, has the same responsibility inside city limits or on post.  Any truth to this?

Yes and No. The population count includes all the cities. We do assist city police , at their request, all the time except for the closed Kingdom of Dixon. We do have and do exercise our legal right to work inside a city as needed. We have limited jurisdiction on Ft. Wood for all crimes committed OFF post. Crimes committed ON post belong to the feds except that the Pulaski County Coroner has full and sole jurisdiction over the body of a child victim so he will be a part of any federal child death investigation on post.

I do not want my deputies using their own vehicles to stop people as that can lead to all sorts of problems that we do not need. In addition the guys would not be covered by our insurance. So no unless an emergency.

Tax base. You are mostly correct. If we could count the Ft. Wood property values we would be a first or second class county but we cannot tax that property for the road and bridge department. The population of Ft. Wood does come off base and spend heavy which greatly increases the general revenue tax base that supports the PCSD.

I think I have covered all of your questions but if not ask more.

JB

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
All very interesting, but it still puts you between a rock and a hard place.  Keep on keeping on.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 04:29:48 AM »
Glad to hear the Kingdom of Dixon does not require any assitance. I bet they get plenty from the MHP.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
Glad to hear the Kingdom of Dixon does not require any assitance. I bet they get plenty from the MHP.

Not exactly during my blue suit years he never wanted us there in town.

Offline BDonn55

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Hwy 28 SPEEDERS
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »
I am tired of all these people that travel on Hwy 28 cannot or will not do the speed limit or passing in a no passing zone !  From what a deputy told me in May of this year  That If I do the speed limit I WAS ILLEGAL BECAUSE I WAS OBEYING THE LAW !!!  Anyone that is SPEEDING OR PASSING IN A NO PASSING ZONE OR COMING UP BEHIND YOU DOING AN UNGODLY SPEED WAS IN FACT DOING NOTHING WRONG OR IF THEY USED THEIR VECHICLE IN A THREATING MANOR ie TRY TO RAM YOUR REAR BUMPER QUITE A FEW TIMES THEY ARE NOT BREAKING ANY LAWS.  HE ALSO STATED THAT HE SEES ALOT OF PEOPLE DOING THINGS WRONG IN THEIR VECHICLE DURING HIS WATCH BUT DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT..    I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD BY DEPUTIES THAT THERE IS NO "SPEEDING " PROBLEM ON THIS HWY!!!!!!   SINCE THIS ENCOUNTER WITH THE "POLICE"  I HAVE HAVE GIVEN THEM A NEW LOGO  C. P. A.  CRIMMAL PROTECTION AGENCY  FROM A RESIDENT TIRED OF THERE NON POLICE SUPPORT OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 03:07:43 AM »
I am tired of all these people that travel on Hwy 28 cannot or will not do the speed limit or passing in a no passing zone !  From what a deputy told me in May of this year  That If I do the speed limit I WAS ILLEGAL BECAUSE I WAS OBEYING THE LAW !!!  Anyone that is SPEEDING OR PASSING IN A NO PASSING ZONE OR COMING UP BEHIND YOU DOING AN UNGODLY SPEED WAS IN FACT DOING NOTHING WRONG OR IF THEY USED THEIR VECHICLE IN A THREATING MANOR ie TRY TO RAM YOUR REAR BUMPER QUITE A FEW TIMES THEY ARE NOT BREAKING ANY LAWS.  HE ALSO STATED THAT HE SEES ALOT OF PEOPLE DOING THINGS WRONG IN THEIR VECHICLE DURING HIS WATCH BUT DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT..    I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD BY DEPUTIES THAT THERE IS NO "SPEEDING " PROBLEM ON THIS HWY!!!!!!   SINCE THIS ENCOUNTER WITH THE "POLICE"  I HAVE HAVE GIVEN THEM A NEW LOGO  C. P. A.  CRIMMAL PROTECTION AGENCY  FROM A RESIDENT TIRED OF THERE NON POLICE SUPPORT OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS 

If your going to post some bullshit like this at least give the badge number or name. Without eather sounds like you just got a problem. Let us folks that travel 28 daily know who is protecting the speeders.

Offline BDonn55

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 06:07:46 AM »
 Pete  this officer is 6' to 6'2" bald and stocky  So if you are one of the drivers that do not do the speed limit on 28 Hwy  Maybe you will run in to the rear of my car some day  if you do not speed great but when the police do not care about this problem who do we go to ?

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
The Missouri state Highway Patrol are the persons who should be enforcing traffic laws.  Our sheriff's don't have time to catch all the child molesters, drug dealers and thiefs.  Call the highway patrol and ask them to spend more time on Highway 28.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
If your going to post some bullshit like this at least give the badge number or name. Without eather sounds like you just got a problem. Let us folks that travel 28 daily know who is protecting the speeders.

Yes by all means give us the name of the deputy. As the former Trooper who played a small role in getting the 45 mph speed limit set on that section of Mo. 28 I would love to know who to who I needed to have a chat with.

JB

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 03:22:50 AM »
I  too have had too many cars tailgate me because I DO THE speed limit. I have had them pass on curves. If a LE officer was to tell me to just speed up, I for sure would report him/her. That deputy needs to find somewhere else to be employed if what you say is true. I am sorry but it just sounds so far fetched for a LE officer to say what you said he said. Just keep doing the limit and hand in there. I guess this is another high jacked thread, sorry!