Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Miller's Grill  (Read 27281 times)

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
Re: Miller's Grill
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2007, 05:34:26 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2007, 06:42:45 AM »
Well....  Against our better judgement we did darken their door again.  Heck I'm fair game plus I was hoping that our first visit was just a fluke and that we would be thrilled with it on the 2nd go round'.
Dear Lord almighty.  If I tell someone that I am even thinking of going again there soon, would someone just slap some sense into me and be done with it.
Weekday afternoon.  After 4 p.m. and well before 5 p.m. timewise.  Not your usual peak dining hours.  The restaurant is quiet.  ONE other table in the entire place.  We go in and request a table that is near a window.  Last time they stuck us in one of the corner booths and I never felt so cooped up in my life.  No window, high backs, stuck in a corner.... this place reminds me of a mouse maze. 
Hmmmmmm this shouldn't be a problem you would think.  Not sooooooo.  She tries to get us seated at one of their smaller tables (not the ones by the windows).  I politely tell her that "no I do not want to sit at them..." and I gesture towards one of the bigger booths that are right by the windows.  AGAIN she tries to steer me to the small tables that are the furthest away from the windows.  I stop, tell her that I do NOT want to sit there ...that I want to sit HERE and I gesture towards the booth.  She walks right past it and plunks down the menus at one of their interior booths which is NOT by the darned freaking window.  What part of " I want to sit HERE" does this girl not understand. 
I can see exactly where she was going with this treatment.  The table that I wanted to sit at was a large booth.  We were two in number.  Pretty obvious that she didn't want to waste a large booth on a small party.  Well I could halfway see that thought IF the darned place was busy, but it WASN'T.  Just sit me where I want to sit... feed me and I will be LONG gone well before you get your normal dinner rush. 
I haven't even sat down and I am already weary and tired of being disregarded (see a pattern here?).  I don't feel like arguing but I don't want to cause a scene.  By this time my other half has headed to the restroom and I just sit there.  Getting angrier every minute.  Looking across the dining room at the table where I wanted to sit and basically wasn't allowed to.  I know it might seem trivial to some but it wasn't just about the darn table.  It was about accomodating a customer who had a simple request.
Waiter finally strolled up to the table looking bored out of his gourd and acting like he would rather be anywhere but at our table.  No welcome, no hi, how are you doing, nada, zippity do dah, zilch.  He made us feel like I should of apologized to him for "making" him come wait on us.  By this time my other half came back from the restroom (waiter had already left)..and I just sat there thinking.... 
Why in the world were we here?  We had one bad experience and decided to give it a second try.  It was obvious that this second go round' was not working out either...  Why in the heck should I spend my hard earned cash at a place that:
A. Doesn't really care for their customers as evidenced in their poor service.

B.  Completely disregards basic customer requests for no apparent reason other than to dictate their own manifesto.
I look at my other half and said, "why are we still here?".  It is so obvious that they really just don't care.  Why should we suffer through the poor treatment and then pay for it? I don't think so.
Revelation time.  We got up and left.

Went over to Chopstix where we were greeted warmly and with a smile.  We had excellent service, great food and WE GOT TO SIT WHERE WE WANTED TO...  wooooooooooo hoooooooooo.  ONLY IN AMERICA RIGHT?
jfj
STRIKE ONE - STRIKE TWO - STRIKE THREE

Miller's is "out" for this family.
yeah whatever~*

Offline ledchick

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »
Usually when you have to pay and wash your own uniform you get an allowance on you hourly pay to do so...but this has been many a year ago when I worked at a food establishment. 
However If I was told that my first shirt was free...I would making my supervisors aware of it and insist upon being compensated...but old age makes you less tolerant and more of a pain in the ass!  lol
'As we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our soul'
Page & Plant

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 03:11:20 PM »
Carpenter I should have taken your lead and just got up and left but we suffered through the whole thing ---  not again. ?what??

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 05:28:10 PM »
I am thinking that at some point that hostess was told to put small groups at small tables, and was afraid to tell carpenter that, so she tried to sidestep the whole thing.

I don't care if it is the busiest time of day, if I am paying for a meal and there is sufficient room, I'll sit where I've requested, even if it means moving myself after the hostess leaves, and having a convo with the manager.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline fictitious

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »
I have eaten at Miller's Grill several times and like the food, my only problem with them is the service. I've only got good service once.

Offline mommyto2boys

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »
The food is good.  The service is horrible.

Offline fictitious

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 01:48:31 AM »
I was there during the boil order, I ordered a beverage from the bar once i got it I then asked for a glass of water, the server told me i would have to purchase a bottle of water.  I was mad because i just paid 7.25 for a drink and now had to purchase a bottle of water.

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
We ate there a few weeks ago and everything went alright.  Food was good and service was fine.  But then again there was hardly anyone there.
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline stephthestar

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2007, 05:42:29 AM »
We went to eat there a few weeks ago. I had the mahi mahi and loved it. But my husband had the steak and he said that it was just OK. I didn't like that it was pretty cold in the restaurant. It's OK to keep it cool....but this was a bit very cool. Service was good. I would give them a 3 on rick's scale.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2007, 12:21:34 PM »
I went once when they first opened Hated the tall booth I had to hoist a napkin up on my fork and wave it to finally get some service. I witnessed a bus boy wipe everything left on the table onto the floor (crumbs and food particles) I waded through the crumbs and left.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

ck2boys

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »
I've always had excellent food and service there.  No complaints.

Offline fictitious

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
I"ve never had good service at Miller's Grill. The food has been decent. I really like the kids menu.

tux

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
No complaints

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
Millers Grill
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 02:46:11 AM »
Okay i do not know why my family decided to give this place another shot. We were there for about and hour and a half and the food was horrible. My daughters got grilled cheese and we had to keep asking the server where it was. I got shrinp/broccoli pasta and when i got it tasted microwaved my husband got a steak and it was tiny and rubbery
They took off my pasta because I didnt eat it but our bill was still $40. Our server was great very nice. We will never go there again. Definetly not kid friendly when you have to wait so long for your food
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline lisababylove

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2008, 07:19:58 AM »
I've never been there in the evening, but a friend and I love to go there for lunch.   There is hardly anyone ever there when we go.  The food is always good, and our service is great.  I have never had a complaint.  Not even about the price, but that's only because I don't eat very much.  (I had Gastric Bypass) So, my bill is never over $5-$10.  But, I guess after reading everyones comments on here....I'll know not to ever go in the evening time! 

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:28 AM »
Ate there tonight.. Was seated by a friendly hostess, who remembered to offer me a booster seat for my daughter. My server was prompt, but seemed some what robotic when it came to personality.. The entire female staff was attractive I must say, just a little better than Ruby's, yet most seemed to not have that genuine friendly thing going.. The male who helped the server bring out meals was the most friendly....  I ordered the KC Strip steak and they said they were out of it, and the Porter House steak, so I ordered the Rib Eye.. The rib eye was ordered medium rare and came out leaning well toward rare but no blood was dripping. The steak was tasty, large, juicy, and tender. The Soup of the day was chicken and dumpling, it was OK.. The Texas toast, much larger than Ruby's was hot and tasty, and better than  Ruby's.. The baked potato reminded me of a tennis ball but only because it had a lump of butter and a bigger lump of sour cream on it to make it large enough to qualify.. The potato was not hot just warm, and I had asked the waitress for a lot of butter, and a little sour creme, yet she did not see to it that this happened for me. We had the peel and eat shrimp, and I don't think anyone can screw that up.. My daughter had the cheeseburger and fries, and seemed to like the burger, she also ate my cottage cheese which is another item that is hard to ruin.. Overall experience was better than I expected. Rating is a 3.55 today, thanks mostly to the steak... This meal came to 38.00...

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »
Great post!
+karma for the Birdman.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline NClady

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2008, 03:34:28 AM »
After seeing a waitress drop crackers from a salad plate on the floor as she was coming out of the kitchen, that was it for us.  She put them back on the plate and didn't miss a beat...and we were in plain view of this.  Didn't even occur to her that anyone saw.  Yes, crackers were in plastic, but still could have picked up germs that went on the plate.  I know this happens in restaurants, but she could have tossed those in the trash and got a new pack.  I feel bad for not following her to the table where the salad went.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2008, 02:35:52 AM »
Ate there again tonight. I have the Porterhouse Steak it was wonderfull.. The potato was hot, they gave me the extra butter I asked for on my potato. The toast was good, the ceaser salad was terrible.. My moms steak was impossible to chew, and my mom will eat steak without cutting off the fat, so if she complained, it had to be bad..

BUT! My steak was awesome.. Then again for 22 dollars or so, it had better been..

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2008, 11:30:09 AM »
I miss this place now lol

Offline ctmom20

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2008, 08:08:32 PM »
I have been here twice and it is great!

The Chicken Fajita is SO good and filling. My husband had the rueben once and it's wonderful as well.

The mixed drink "Tie Me To The Bedpost" is THE BEST mixed drink I have EVER had. It's huge too! I was feeling a little on the tipsy side when hubby and I were leaving both times.. oops! :)

Offline matthewsw77

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »
Went there last night, had great service great food and large portions. No complaints A+++

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
My boyfriend and I went there...our server greeted us with...."What would you like to drink?" We told her water...Then "You ready to order" we just ordered some appetizers, Chips and salsa and a sampler. I figured the chips and salsa would come out first...no. The bartender brought us the sampler (she was very nice) asked if our server brought out or order of Chips and salsa, we said no, she shook her head and said sorry. (She brought them to us though) The server came and checked on us once, No refills. Took us like 20min to get our check after we were finished eating. What I thought was weird was....I kept seeing servers going in the bathroom area with To Go boxes, so I thought maybe there was a different room back there...so I checked it out LOL only bathrooms....soooooooo I found that odd. Anyways..Food was great, restaurant was clean, bartender was great! We should have ate at the bar I guess!!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
wow I must be lucky, Ive never had a bad experience at this place. Food is always awsome and service with a smile. I guess maybey if you go in not acting like an ass you get better service.
Biscuit

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »
Hey I'm no ass..lol I'm a server myself...
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »
I didnt realize that it sounded like I was calling anyone an ass,..lol. I meant Im always pleasant with people and tend to get good service no matter where I go.  I wasnt calling anyone an ass.
Biscuit

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2008, 05:41:30 AM »
So me and some friends ate there this weekend...all of us walked away in a foul mood. When we first got there some kid had rap music blaring on his laptop computer standing up dancing around in the smoking section. After all of our rude comments that this isn't a club he finally left. Our waiter even though i knew him his ability to refil drinks sucked. and the food yes that too all sucked. I won't be going back and have no desire to go back, i would rather have crappy service at ruby tuesdays than both at this place.
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline nailtechqueen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008, 04:24:30 AM »
We used to eat here alot but latly when we go the food sucks and the service not so good.  Once again I choc it up to loosing good employees.  The best cook they ever had was Edna, anyone who wants good food go visit her at Pepper's. 

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2008, 02:10:31 AM »
I've found that when you get a server that you like, ask their name. I have "my" servers now at Chopsticks and at Millers and am always guaranteed great service. I make it a point to tip well. We went to Millers today and had the potato soup (which I normally love). This time, it was missing a couple of items, was cold, and our server was...shall we say...less than good? :D We tipped the hostess more than the server because the hostess was the one to continually come check on us, took care of the soup problem, and brought our drinks. She even refilled the glass of ice we always ask for. Of course, that was not "my" server - it was someone else.