Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Is the U.S. no longer a Super Power?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
Is the U.S. no longer a Super Power?
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

While there has been growing concern that the United States is slowly losing ground as the world's dominant Superpower, Robert Kagan, author of the new book, The World America Made, believes it's all in our head.
"I think that the basic measures of power indicate that the United States really is just as strong as it's ever been," says Kagan, "People have talked themselves into this notion that we no longer have the capacity to play the role we've been playing."
But as the United States begins to pull troops out of Afghanistan, after already pulling out of Iraq, there are questions as to whether America has the resources to assert its power in future conflicts, including the brewing situation with Iran.
"I don't think it's a question of whether we can afford it," says Kagan "we certainly have that capability,"
Kagan doesn't deny that countries like China, whose international power is clearly growing, are a threat to America. Rather, his point is that the threat is nothing new. "We tend to sort of fantasize about the past, a past when the United States was allegedly able to do whatever it wants whenever it wanted to, and that past never existed."
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
Re: Is the U.S. no longer a Super Power?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »
America Has been tore down by poor decisions of our leaders to declare war on countries not really involved in 9-11. Sure some of the folks involved lived in those regions, but the reasons we were there were bogus. Osama Bin Ladin was found, supposedly, in pakistan.....not afganistan. and no weapons of mass destruction were ever found in Iraq, so the reasons we were in those countries were bullshit. So we have lost clout in the world. 8 years of a retard guided by retards following 4 years of "Change" have driven this country to its knees financially , morally and popularly. we have few friends in the united nations these days and we look like baffoons in the world . Now our Smart leaders are reducing the military down to nothing again. I feel like all the dumb kids in school are now running things. And judging by the attitude of my own children regardless of what I try to teach them.and other kids these days...we are screwed.
Biscuit

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
I feel like we are riding a dead horse. In my heart I KNOW whats gonna happen. As soon as we pull out the savages and bastards are gonna take over again overthrowing their government and many lives will be lost a torture and murder and rape and rampage killings will take place again. We didnt do shit.Only way to actually stop all this crap is drop the big one and turn the entire region into glass.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 01:18:08 AM »
the US will remain a super power despite nobama. what some are overlooking is the american people. we are resilient. 9/11 didn't defeat us and nobama continues to be the #1 gun salesman. nobama's scam are coming apart. even his plan to cut back 80% of our nukes won't go. it would take time to iversee something the next president could overturn, if it was passed to begin with. I am optimistic the US will prevail despite nobama.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:43:12 AM »
Not any more. people are sheep following the trends and popular ideas. No one stands up for anything now. you have occupy wallstreet...thats it. Im thinking if it werent for rednecks we would have no national guard.....and Im not talking about the military group known to help out when needed.....Im talking about the average gun owning American willing to throw down to support his country

Biscuit

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »
I do not think Bush was a retard. He did what a president was to do in a time of crises. Everyone knows the world thought Iraq had WMD and Hussane said so. His bad. We got allot of folks that want to sit on their thumbs while Iran gets WMD. There are folks that want to hurt you and your kids bad, and don't care what the cost is. Do you really want to bet on someone that just wants to say I am sorry, or someone that will say you better not or you will pay before you get the chance. We need a Iron fist president right now. Folks we are going to look like Greece soon if something isn't done soon. Bet on it!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
too many people affraid of their own shadows.  but hey thats how they get people to join and fight for the cause. the only threat to us in the middle east is the oil we cant have. all the people of the rest of the world wants is for us to mind our own business. we cant because we are so self rightous and proud to be american that we can not see the truth.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
where would the world be if not for the US? we are not better than anyone else, but many countries would not have the freedoms they have if it were not for the US. what happened when saddam invaded kuwait? what happened in grenada? I suppose we should have just minded our own business in wwll,korea? saddam had wmd. 500 tons of yellow cake uranium was moved to canada. we should have left obl alone? nobama has damaged our standing in the world, but who do countries call on when they need help?
W did what needed to be done. he should have just turned the other cheek after 9/11?
the oil in the middle east would  not be  a threat to our way of life if nobama and other elected officials would allow the keystone pipeline and more drilling in anwr. we also have the saudi equivalent in coal but nobama wants to bankrupt the coal companies. almost half of our electricity comes from coal. we need to expand or use our vast amount of natural gas. we can be far more independent in our power resources but nobama will not allow it. despite his apology tour, there are many countries that do look at us for help and protection, despite the words of those that hate their own country.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
I do remember some years back we played with the idea of natural gas vehicles. I remember buses for mass transportation using natural gas doing testing. I read somewhere the United States is the Saudi Arabia equivilent of natural gas. Such a mass quanity it couls last for 100`s of years or more. Then all of a sudden you dont hear much about it anymore? Was it dangerous? In accidents did vehicles explode?Too costly to conform autos? I sure would like to know cause this oil crap depending on middle east oil sucks.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
Natural gas shouldn't be any more hazardous than the propane many vehicles use now.

I'd like to see how this works out http://www.canadianbusiness.com/article/70601--company-pitches-coal-to-gasoline-plan-to-lawmakers

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
If Bill Clinton did such a bad job,then I wonder why he is up for the Nobel Prize?

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »
key stone is a joke its tar sand oil it cost more to make oil that way then we are paying for gas now. the oil from keystone wouldnt be sold here anyway. the problem with natural gas is it takes more to make the same as gasoline and its not much cheapier. shale oil, tar sand and natural gas are all very expensive to harvest.  people are so worried about the right they cant see whats to come. coal is a very destuctive energy source and we have a limited supply. oh and fish i am pretty sure our standing in the world went bad before obama. it didnt take a genius to figure out iraq had nothing to do with 911 and had no wmd.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »
I am totally against the keystone pipeline. horrible ecological damages and pollutants that would devastate land and rivers and wildlife and drinking waters. Too dangerous in my opinion. Scientists and engineers need to get real busy and figure another way to fuel automobiles before its too late