Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: nobama sticking it to active and retired military  (Read 12303 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
nobama sticking it to active and retired military
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Re: nobama sticking it to active and retired military
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
Obama has alway disliked the Military! He will send them into harms way but to hell with taking care of them and theirs.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »
The plan to get working age retirees off of tricare is one that was proposed by the DoD under Bush's administration. It's not a presidential plan at all. It's a DoD plan.

http://www.fra.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=News&CONTENTID=2617&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:40 AM »
Obama has alway disliked the Military!

Proof, please.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
The proposed rate hikes dont seem unreasonable to me. If a young man joins at say,17 and does 20 and retires, he still can work another 30 years!. I do know some who dont. They turn into alcoholics and sit on their ass whining and bitching every time theres a proposed cut in military spending. My medical insurance is always being raised so why not military? Just my opinion.
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »
ever spend time in the military mg?
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/05/26/president-obamas-memorial-day-vacation/
has nobama cut the unions heathcare?

he is cutting combat pay
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=181284

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
The proposed rate hikes dont seem unreasonable to me. If a young man joins at say,17 and does 20 and retires, he still can work another 30 years!. I do know some who dont. They turn into alcoholics and sit on their ass whining and bitching every time theres a proposed cut in military spending. My medical insurance is always being raised so why not military? Just my opinion.

Bob you are the biggest bullshitter. What medical insurance are you paying for. Change your nick all you want but you know you don't pay for nothing. Hell you didn't even serve your time while enlisted laying about your age. Why did you get the boot. Now you are using the VA for what? Please explain that one.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
No fish I have never served but all Im saying is whats good for me is good for military also Its just my opinion.
And for the record I did attempt to join but it was discovered I had a heart murmur and they rejected me. I dont think I woulda stayed 20 years but I would have done whatever they required and got out.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:36 AM »

Bob you are the biggest bullshitter. What medical insurance are you paying for. Change your nick all you want but you know you don't pay for nothing. Hell you didn't even serve your time while enlisted laying about your age. Why did you get the boot. Now you are using the VA for what? Please explain that one.

Bob? Who is this?

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:36 AM »
Pete I didnt intend to offend anyone. Im just looking at SOME people who served and never did anything with their lives afterwards. My point was at 37 they can get a job and not depend so much on military.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
Pete I didnt intend to offend anyone. Im just looking at SOME people who served and never did anything with their lives afterwards. My point was at 37 they can get a job and not depend so much on military.
Why don't you get a job Bob?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »

has nobama cut the unions heathcare?

Unions work their health care plans out with their employers. I thought you wanted a president who didn't meddle  in private sector affairs.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
he is cutting combat pay
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=181284

He isn't cutting combat pay at all. Congress decided to prorate combat pay daily. Instead of getting $225 a month for combat pay, it'll be $7.50 a day. It's actually an increase if you're willing to do the math. $225 x 12 =$2700. $7.50 x 365=$2,737.5. They didn't do it to skimp on people in combat zones. They did it to stop people from collecting a months worth of combat pay for one day of being in a combat zone. Every time there is a command change, people show up in combat zones just for a day or two. Command changes happen at the first of the month, so a lot of people were getting two months worth of combat pay for only being there two days. How is stopping this a bad thing? Seriously, it's more money for people actually deployed.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/combatpay.asp
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
My point was at 37 they can get a job and not depend so much on military.

It's difficult for some people in the military to get acclimated to civilian life. Some people need time to find out who they are. And yes, some just want to be lazy and drink beer. Regardless, they earned their money. If they are content with their retirement check, what's it to you? They served their country for twenty years; they earned their money. This isn't about anyone depending on anyone; though, our retired military should be able to depend on the nation they served. No, this is about what has been earned. People were promised health care for life, and they feel cheated. The issue is whether or not it's reasonable for premiums to rise with inflation for retired military under the age of 65, or whether or not there should be premiums at all.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
I dont know why thats 2 people saying Bob? IF you must be so nosy my name is Steve. As far as military doing what they want with their checks they do have the right. I was not talking about anyone here. I just read the whining and bitching about rate hikes in their insurance. I have to pay insurance premiums and they do go up.
I have known guys to do 20 years and get out and never work again and do nothing with their lives but drink beer. I guess its their choice. none of MY buisness. I shoulda known military guys and gals were gonna get mad so Ill just not make an opinion either way about their insurance. Dont affect me anyway.

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »
 nobody should be able to retire at 37 unless injury or illness are the reason.what gets me is how these people always think they should have more for less.  the cost of everything is going up. everyone has to pay , and i dont see any reason why they shouldnt pay their fair share.  it sure seams like the one who are against the rest of us haveing free healthcare are the ones who are getting it all ready.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
I dont know why thats 2 people saying Bob? IF you must be so nosy my name is Steve. As far as military doing what they want with their checks they do have the right. I was not talking about anyone here. I just read the whining and bitching about rate hikes in their insurance. I have to pay insurance premiums and they do go up.
I have known guys to do 20 years and get out and never work again and do nothing with their lives but drink beer. I guess its their choice. none of MY buisness. I shoulda known military guys and gals were gonna get mad so Ill just not make an opinion either way about their insurance. Dont affect me anyway.

We knew you were Bob from your first post as "missouriguy" your not fooling anyone!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
stiffcat-"these people" as you call them are the ones willing to put their lives on the line for you and did it for 20 years or more.  Shame on you.  I am not military and do not have a military retired husband, but I realize the importance of having "these people" in the positions they are in to do whatever is necessary to protect and serve the United States of America. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
I agree 37 is to early to draw a full retirement.   Retirement age for the military should be changed it not like it was years ago not near as physical as it use to be.  Doesnít the reserves have a deferred retirement plan? A lot of vets draw retirement than a get a government job and draw make that money. I donít have a problem with them getting gov. jobs .   I know a lot of double dippers that get two retirement checks from the government. The military is going to have realize that they will have take cuts just like everybody else. I donít think being in the military makes you all that special. I come from a long line of people joining the military. Brothers father grandfathers, uncles, nephews, nieces, aunts, myself have all joined the military.  Most have been in war I wasnít. Most people join the military because the need a job or they join the education.  I donít care which party you think screwed up the government it is going to need everyone to get it back right if ever.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »
We knew you were Bob from your first post as "missouriguy" your not fooling anyone!

Im guessing you are military retired also. Mr I can assure you I am no Bob. I do have a drivers license and will show it to anyone anytime anywhere. Ya`ll get so mad at us regular people when we mention ya`ll military freebies while we struggle. Ill tread the water easier from now on and leave ya`ll military people to talk to each other.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
Im guessing you are military retired also. Mr I can assure you I am no Bob. I do have a drivers license and will show it to anyone anytime anywhere. Ya`ll get so mad at us regular people when we mention ya`ll military freebies while we struggle. Ill tread the water easier from now on and leave ya`ll military people to talk to each other.
Retirees from the military are regular people too.  Fact is they spent time away from their families in circumstances you could not begin to understand.  they are regular people who have done some very special things most civilians cannot begin appreciate.  Put your body through what they did and the mental anguish they experienced and tell us again how 37 or 38 is to young.  You too could have made a choice to go in and stay in.  They were promised FREE healthcare and dental for life.  They were LIED to and Obama is adding to the lie.  Increase premiums the way he wants to do?  He only wants to take the retainer check and convert it all to health insurance.  No thanks.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
Their service is greatly appreciated no doubt! The point is if a young man goes in at 17 and retires at 37. Should they expect freebies forever at 37? Why dont they get a job like the rest of us do and work till 65. I DO know some guys and nobody here, that never worked again and drank till they died and ran up huge medical bills the taxpayers are paying. They bitch and whine when there is a rate increase proposed to save money. I hate Obama and all he stands for and I still think he`s a muslim terrorist wannabe.The documentation I read was one earlier posted and I believe it was from DOD about rate hikes and they didnt seem unreasonable to me. Everything goes up. Gas,insurance rates,price of cars. We have to live with it.
You must have missed an earlier post I made because I did try to join but it was discovered I had a heart murmur and was rejected. I wouldnt have stayed 20 tho.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
maybe spend 20 yrs in the military so you will know what you are talking about? how about 1 enlistment? retirement is set by dod. my healthcare is not free. 22 yrs and 460 a year pays for it. I suppose those wounded warriors should be billed for their care? if the military was so easy, everyone would be joining. maybe take a gander at the training military folks go through to prepare for defending this country and the ingrates? there are casualties in non combat areas due to the daily risks.
the only problem retired military have with getting accimated with civilian life after retirement is listening to assholes that have no clue of what the military folks do, how they train, and the sacrifices they make,, willingly , and then want to criticise their EARNED retirement benefits.
the cost of the unions healthcare is paid for from the sticker price on the vehicles sold, last estimate about $1500 of the sticker price goes to union healthcare.
Military have bills too. and they don't stop because they retired from the military. what freebees are the military expecting? what do we get free?
But I suppose freedom is too high a price to pay for taking care of those who took care of you.
Bad mouth military retirees all you want if it makes you feel better,mg. looks like jealousy.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
I joined 43 years ago.  I too had a heart murmur and they took me it.  Guess it had something to do with the fracas in Viet Nam at the time.  Not looking down on anyone who did not make the choice to go in or those who could not go in for various reasons.  But don't look down on those who served all those years.  I was released from Active Duty after 21 years +.  I get RETAINER pay until I am 65.  then it is retired pay.  I have been working at other things since that time.  You may not know it, but those of us having served all those years are subject to recall to active duty by the appropriate secretary of service until age 65.  That justifies what we get in addition to the years and hardships we endured.  We were still screwed by the .gov regarding healthcare and dental care and continue to be and will be forever.  There was even a point when Obama suggested soldiers receiving purple hearts should foot the bill for taking care of their injuries sustained in battle.  Remind me of the hardships Obama withstood while in the military........Oh Yeah.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
Already retired or close to it then you should be grandfathered in but they are going to have to change the retirement system for the military.     People make a big deal out the sacrifices they make. Yes it sucks that you are a way from your family and can be called on to go to war but you VOLUNTEERED.   Unless youíre in the sand box, most people in the military have what can be considered normal jobs and normal hours.  Not many people join the military because  they are patriotic. Most people join for other reasons. I meet one guy that I believed join because he was patriotic everyone else in my company was there for other reasons.  They wanted to travel they needed the medical for a baby on the way or money for college etc. I joined to make a better life for myself and to get out of the area. Letís not forget that the military is paid fairly decent these days.  In 1984 an E2 made $668.70 a month an E9 16 yrs $1914 a month in 2012 and E2 makes $1671 an E9 16 yrs $5108 a month these are base pay numbers not BAC etc figured in. I would be willing to accept that a couple of you on here joined because they are patriotic but not all of you. While Iím on here pissing people off answer me this just how did the Iraq war do anything for my freedoms? From what I can tell we lost some due the terrorist attack.  We havenít got any back. There was no big jump in recruitment after 2001. (USA Today Article) Nobody is bad mouthing Vets or active duty personnel.   I have friends that have been injured and killed in both wars over there. We are saying maybe it is time to look at the retirement system for an all-volunteer military. I will say this I donít believe that everyone in the military is a hero. If everybody gets to a hero doesnít that cheapen the ones that truly are?
Matrsnot - Obama never said that. According to Snopes that came from a satirical piece written by John Semmens. If you didnít let your hatred discolor your thoughts you would have realized that it makes no sense.
My dad still takes about this and being recalled and he is 84.  Letís be honest they start recalling people in their 60s then we are done. You better learn another language.
Retirees (those who spend at least 20 years in the military and draw retired pay) can be recalled to active duty for life. However, policy established in DOD Directive 1352.1 - Management and Mobilization of Regular and Reserve Retired Military Members, make recall to active duty unlikely for those who have been retired for more than five years, and those over age 60

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
I read somewhere or seen it on tv that the oldest soldier in Iraq fighting was killed and he was 61.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »
took out a lot of al queda that were in charge and training in iraq. fewer attacks there and none here. I train military everyday. many are here for a job. but they know the deal. they have no problem being deployed or going to war if need be. that is part of what they signed up for. we don't have people just in the sandbox. korea, a  hotspot. don't believe what the media says. many of us have been there and know there is a serious threat there.
how much time did you spend in the military chas? a big part of the problem is we have a dwindling population in congress of people that served in the military. they don't have a clue about military life or military retirement. again, if it was so easy and such a good deal we wouldn't need recruiters.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »
Chaz in 1960 the base pay was (if  memory serves) was $78 bucks a month...... you had 3 choices Join, Be drafted or head to Canada  :poke:  Just saying  ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
Lets pick on the president now. Did anyone else read today that Obama`s nanny was a transgender? LOL Born a man but dressed as a woman. I wonder if he has closet issues himself. Kinda funny.

Offline sparkyd

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
I retired from the military after 20 years and I am no way close to being ďRetiredĒ. For those of you who have said why can we retire after 20 years, really have no clue. During my time I have spent more time away from home than most people will in their entire life, I have missed nieces and nephews growing up, missed the latter part of my fatherís life. I have slept on the ground, back of tank in a foxhole and at the steering wheel of a truck in some crappy weather. I have gone days with less than 8 hours of sleep because that is what had to be done, there is other thing that makes the military very different from civilian life, and there is no way you can compare them. Now I chose that way of life and I am not complaining, but it really pisses me off when individual complain about the military and all ďour benefitsĒ.When I was done it was like starting over again at a new job. Twenty years of moving around did not allow me to purchase a home like most others my age and when they have homes that are half way paid off I am just starting out. We donít all want something for free, but when I enlisted the promise of free health and dental care was part of the benefits. Now I pay for my health and dental care from my military retired pay. Also state and federal taxes, so it really isnít a lot.