Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: nobama sticking it to active and retired military  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Chas

• View Profile
Re: nobama sticking it to active and retired military
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I agree that a lot of  you got screwed over.  Stuff you were promised and had that got took away was wrong and people should have been grandfathered in. However there is going to have to be a change in the military retirement system.  Fish I realize that Korea is a hotspot and I was not in long enough to make a difference. But I joined of my own free will and knew what I getting into.  As far as not being able to buy a house and that type thinking that is the person fault. I know people that buy houses in the military. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »
I agree that a lot of  you got screwed over.  Stuff you were promised and had that got took away was wrong and people should have been grandfathered in. However there is going to have to be a change in the military retirement system.  Fish I realize that Korea is a hotspot and I was not in long enough to make a difference. But I joined of my own free will and knew what I getting into.  As far as not being able to buy a house and that type thinking that is the person fault. I know people that buy houses in the military.
Chaz I believe what he was saying about buying a house was
he was never in one place long enough to pick where he wanted to live  ::)
I also agree with the grandfathered in part and yes the retirement system needs some adjustments.
But B.O. and the Clintons Hate the The military.... JMO
Ask what you can do for your country, Not what your country can do for you.  (((**&^^%
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:45 AM »
Chas, the fact that the men and women in the military are willing to go to places like Iraq because they think that it is a threat to your existence should be enough for you to be appreciative of every one of them.  They are willing to do what their Commander in Chief tells them needs to be done.  They aren't the brains behind these decisions, they just go because they are told they are needed.  On the other hand there are some young people, same age as these soldiers, still living at home with mommy and daddy and won't even take the trash out when they are told to.  The most important thing in their lives is parking their car at walmart and comparing who has the baddest car.  I would hate to think that the fate of this countries safety and security was in the hands of those of you who think it is beneath you to take on the job.  If you think people in the military have it so good, why didn't you stay in.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline soso

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »
You guys that have never been in the military have no idea what you are talking about, here's a good one "breach of contract" that is what happened to alot of the guys that retired in the early 90s and the funny thing about it is they have to suck it up and drive on. I wish all of you could walk a mile in a soldiers' shoes.
"Life should NOT be a  journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving  safely in  an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in   sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly  used up, totally worn  out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Author Unknown

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
Broke my knee out on a medical. I'm not saying that have a great but it ain't bad either. If it is so bad why do people stay in? Because it not that bad. I have a lot of friends that active and retired that will say that.  Can't be that bad since people still volunteer and not because they are doing something for their country or not at least as the main reason or at first. I do think that people should get what promised to them not saying that. I'm saying that 37 is to young to draw a retirement from the military. Hell they changed age that you can go into basic to 40. People are living longer and taking better care of themselves that should be a taken in to consideration. Bottom line is the retirement package is gonna have to change. These new changes should not effect those that are retired or have 5 years to ago.  Had I been able to stay in and done 20 I would probably be singing a different tune. But I didn't so I see things different. As far as kids living at home, make it mandatory everybody joins for two years.

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »
Chas, the fact that the men and women in the military are willing to go to places like Iraq because they think that it is a threat to your existence should be enough for you to be appreciative of every one of them. 

wrong they go because they follow orders. it has nothing to do with personal oppinions.

i am a local my kin have been here since the 1840s and 50s. my grandparennts lost their family farm to ft.wood and not one of us has ever had a job on fort  let lone a job that has good benfits and good pay. why dont we get anyof those jobs? because we are not military families. so what if we sacraficed our livleyhood so it could exist. but i wouldnt expect folkes who have not lived to understand it. the gov has already taken thousands of acres of land for ft.wood and now it pays the military houseing allowance so they can drive up land prices off ft. you all have the right to have pride in the ft, the gov, and people if you wish. i choose not to, it is my right. i know the people of the board dont like the messages i leave but i feel that someone has to say it.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »
Chas, it was the soldier who enlisted because of his/her personal opinions and feelings, it was not an order they were following.  There is no draft.   I have worked on post for over 20 years and I am not military or personally affiliated with the military in any way.  But, I could say the same thing about the local school districts and court house jobs in the area.  If you are one of the "families" who have been here forever you can get a job very easily there.  Look at the directories, the same local family names show up over and over. 

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »
99% protestors fight for my freedom more than the US military in this day in age. If the pres at the time ordered it your beloved military would be against you and then would you praise them?  Probably while still berating whatever president was in office at the time.  Im more scred of Al Corporation than Mr. Terrorist. (or whatever country you try to get me scared of)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
What?  You lost me.

99% protestors fight for my freedom more than the US military in this day in age. If the pres at the time ordered it your beloved military would be against you and then would you praise them?  Probably while still berating whatever president was in office at the time.  Im more scred of Al Corporation than Mr. Terrorist. (or whatever country you try to get me scared of)
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »
I think Hi is saying that the 99% protesters protect his freedoms better than the military two different arguments.  I appreciate and applaud the men and women that join the military. I have never once said that I didnít. The military has been good to me. What I am saying it is an all volunteer military yes things are/ can rough but people know that I have said that I agree that people that were promised certain benefits should those benefits. Everybody elseís retirement is changing or going to change and the military cannot be that much different. There has to be a change, life expectance has gone way since this plan was put into place.  It is not a sustainable system. I donít believe it was set up to serve 20 years then draw a retirement for 40 years. Life expectancy at birth in 1910 51.5 1950 68.1 1997 76.5 2010 76-78. I also do not have a problem with ex military getting government jobs. Now back to the original post. Why are you people blaming Obama? He didn't start this he will more than likely be the one to sign off on it once it passes congress and he is re-elected. This was started under the Bush administration and started by the DOD. I believe I have seen people on here state that Obama should do as his Generals tell him to do. Now that he is, people want to blame him for doing that. You want to call him out on something call him out on not having the balls to stand up to the DOD. Still say it has to be changed.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »
SEATTLE (AP) ó The Army has identified 285 more patients at Madigan Army Medical Center in Washington state who had their diagnoses of post-traumatic stress disorder reversed by a forensic psychiatry team in the past five years.
The Seattle Times reported Wednesday (http://is.gd/04Dai5 ) that the patients will be given the option of having their cases reviewed once again to determine if they suffer from PTSD,
Soldiers who are diagnosed with PTSD can qualify for a medical retirement that offers a pension and other benefits. The Army is investigating whether Madigan doctors who reviewed PTSD diagnoses were influenced by concerns about the cost of providing such benefits.
Madigan staff involved in the screening have denied there was command pressure to limit disability awards, the newspaper reported.

I know a guy drawing military medical payment for life and I asked him how? He said in training there was an accident and he saw a dead body. He admitted he was frauding the military to supplement his income cause he cant make enough. This is widespread exactly like welfare fraud and food stamp fraud. No wonder the military is cutting benefits to those deserving.
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
I know another guy who contracted Hepatitus and claimed he caught it in the military and fought hard for about 4 years and finally won and got $94,000.00 plus a check for the rest of his life. I know of MANY of instances like this defrauding the military so what can ya expect? They gotta cut expenses to cover the cheaters. Ill bet theres someone reading this that also knows of fraud against the military. Maybe you wont admit it openly but you know. So to all the legit ex-military soldiers that deserve your benefits. Thank the cheaters and write to Congress.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
People every where cheat the system and the system it self is broke and needs fixed. I know people that get a check for a phyiscal disabilty but have very phyiscal jobs, cop for instances. If your in good enough shape to be a cop not that it hard there are cops that are not in good of enough shape to be in the military. So missouriguy is correct fix the system. Oh and raise the retirement age.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
yea I know people drawing unemployment working for cash under the table and people drawing ssdi working for cash. Cheaters. Plain and simple cheaters.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
Have to agree with Missourguy on this one.  There is a lot of fraud out there. 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
don't forget our elected officials. starting with the president. they do not need to do 20 years to recieve benefits for life. their medical is better than the military.how many millionares are in congress? are they means tested for retirement or social security? leave the ones defending this country alone. look at the shape many are in at the end of 20-30 years. not many retire at 37. only if they are 17 when they go to basic. the coming troop reduction will lower the cost to taxpayers. a smaller military should make all sleep better? when the ones still in start having benefits cut, retirement messed with, many will go. look through history, after many miltary operations/wars, the gov't cuts the size and funding of the military. when the crap hits the fan what happens? read about the start of the korean war and our response. look at what carter did to the military. many of us were in then. if it wasn't for reagan rebuilding what carter cut, the gulf wars would not have been equiped so well and the first gulf war would not have been successful. I suppose cops should be cut next?

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
99% protestors fight for my freedom more than the US military in this day in age.

That's an absurd statement. 99% refers to the economic disparity between the 1% of United States citizens that hold the bulk of America's wealth and the rest of us. It's hardly a movement about freedoms. It's more economic than anything. I agree that their protests are testing our first amendment rights, but that isn't really the overall cause of the demonstrators. Protecting our freedom IS the cause of the United States military. While you may not agree with the wars we are involved in, it's hard to dispute that the men and women who put their lives on the line are fighting for our freedom.

If the pres at the time ordered it your beloved military would be against you and then would you praise them?

Would current retired military still support the current military if it were used against them? Good question. It happened to veterans of WWI. 40,000+ marched to Washington and camped out to get the government to pay out cash for their service, and Republican President Hoover ordered the Army to disperse them. General Patton actually ordered the Army to charge the veterans with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »
the 99% fight for our freedom from economic enslavment.  Please if you would tell me what freedoms of mine are in jeopardy from soures abroad, and not from our own government?  Ive lost more freedom from my own government than from an outside source.  Actual threats to my freedom and not conspiricy used to insight fear.  Our forefathers warned us and many are quoted to saying the only way america will fall is under the guise of war and our freedoms being taken away by outside sources, when in reality it will be from our own government.

Bin Laden was not going to take away my freedom, hes just a terrorist. Al queda was never going to jeopardize my freedom. Iraq isnt either, nor is Iran.  They may try, but until they try and encroach onto American Soil, the military is just following orders of men with agendas, not to the people of the United States, but to themselves.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 12:42:33 AM »
Out government is trying to do just that Hi.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
Seems to me we are our own worst terrorist towards mankind. Read the news daily and what is it? Shootings in schools, shootings in post offices, shootings in malls, Its from elementry grade to high ranking officials in the Army(Fort Hood) WE laugh at them for killing themselfs and they laugh at us for killing ourselfs. I dont think we have to fear attacks on American soil,because ITS ALLREADY GOING ON

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 02:02:36 AM »
don't include me in that we. there are many defective people here that choose to kill other's for no good reason. But I do get a chuckle from a terrorist that blows himself up trying to kill others though. the terrorist threat is just in addition to the criminal threat. both good reasons to have a ccw and protect your home and family

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
In CCW we Trust! Im with ya

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:54 AM »
Please if you would tell me what freedoms of mine are in jeopardy from soures abroad, and not from our own government?

2,977 lost their inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness on September 11, 2001. How easy is that to forget?

Bin Laden was not going to take away my freedom, hes just a terrorist. Al queda was never going to jeopardize my freedom. Iraq isnt either, nor is Iran.  They may try, but until they try and encroach onto American Soil, the military is just following orders of men with agendas, not to the people of the United States, but to themselves.

You ever stop and think why they haven't encroached upon American soil? Do you really think we'd be left alone if we didn't have a strong defense?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 04:17:21 AM »
We have the strongest military in the world and always will no matter what cuts they make.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »
 Yes, we lost several thousand people to the"terrorist attack" in New York. Don't let any government convince you that terrorism is bigger threat than your own government. Whats the number ONE cause of death worldwide? DEMOSIDE! Democide is the MURDER of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder.  Democide does not include soldiers killed in battle. We must fight for our liberty and freedom and not be buffaloed into trading it for security! This supposed terrorism threat is played out big in the media and is just a tool for the "elite" to take away our freedoms and shred the constitution. Statistically your more likely to get hit by a tornado and lighting in the same day!   click link

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/democide-mass-murder-and-new-world.html

Figures and Tables
Forward (by Irving Louis Horowitz)
PrefaceAcknowledgments

1. 169,202,000 Murdered: Summary and Conclusions
[20th Century Democide]
I BACKGROUND
2. The New Concept of Democide
[Definition of Democide]
3. Over 133,147,000 Murdered: Pre-Twentieth Century Democide
II 128,168,000 VICTIMS: THE DEKA-MEGAMURDERERS
4. 61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State
5. 35,236,000 Murdered: The Communist Chinese Ant Hill
6. 20,946,000 Murdered: The Nazi Genocide State
7. 10,214,000 Murdered: The Depraved Nationalist Regime
III 19,178,000 VICTIMS: THE LESSER MEGA-MURDERERS >8. 5,964,000 Murdered: Japan's Savage Military
9. 2,035,000 Murdered: The Khmer Rouge Hell State
10. 1,883,000 Murdered: Turkey's Genocidal Purges
11. 1,670,000 Murdered: The Vietnamese War State
12. 1,585,000 Murdered: Poland's Ethnic Cleansing
13. 1,503,000 Murdered: The Pakistani Cutthroat State
14. 1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's SlaughterhouseIV 4,145,000 VICTIMS: SUSPECTED MEGAMURDERERS
15. 1,663,000 Murdered? Orwellian North Korea
16. 1,417,000 Murdered? Barbarous Mexico
17. 1,066,000 Murdered? Feudal Russia References
Index
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
i agree mark i think big military is bad for our country. everyone wants more police more military and more protection from a threat that is almost non existant.the biggest terrorist threat is our elected leaders and the media.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
We have the strongest military in the world and always will no matter what cuts they make.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...duuuuuuuumb.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
Actually, the number one killer in the world is starvation.  But I would guess that goes on the same line as Democide as the countries governments fail to feed their people.

Yes, we lost several thousand people to the"terrorist attack" in New York. Don't let any government convince you that terrorism is bigger threat than your own government. Whats the number ONE cause of death worldwide? DEMOSIDE! Democide is the MURDER of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder.  Democide does not include soldiers killed in battle. We must fight for our liberty and freedom and not be buffaloed into trading it for security! This supposed terrorism threat is played out big in the media and is just a tool for the "elite" to take away our freedoms and shred the constitution. Statistically your more likely to get hit by a tornado and lighting in the same day!   click link

Figures and Tables
PrefaceAcknowledgments

[20th Century Democide]
I BACKGROUND
[Definition of Democide]
III 19,178,000 VICTIMS: THE LESSER MEGA-MURDERERS >8. 5,964,000 Murdered: Japan's Savage Military
14. 1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's Slaughterhouse
IV 4,145,000 VICTIMS: SUSPECTED MEGAMURDERERS
17. 1,066,000 Murdered? Feudal Russia References
Index

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »

Basically, you are saying 9/11 was a government plot to take your rights away so they can kill you more easily. Nice...

Figures and Tables
PrefaceAcknowledgments

[20th Century Democide]
I BACKGROUND
[Definition of Democide]
14. 1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's SlaughterhouseIV 4,145,000 VICTIMS: SUSPECTED MEGAMURDERERS
17. 1,066,000 Murdered? Feudal Russia
References
Index

(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Basically, thats not what I said at all. Read it again dipwad.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin