Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: nobama sticking it to active and retired military  (Read 12302 times)

Offline Chas

• View Profile
Re: nobama sticking it to active and retired military
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Fish I agree that CCW is a good thing. I donít have one yet but plan on having one by May.  I do think that people put too much faith in a CCW however. CCW will not protect you from a suicide bomber.  If you are somewhere and someone walks in with a bomb vest under their clothes and a trigger in their pocket you will not know to kill that person.  They push the button boom your dead.  A CCW wouldnít have helped the 9-11 attack because you will never be allowed to carry on a plane. If you are in a building and I drive a truck into a CCW is not going to help. A CCW is good in a lot other instances though.
Canít believe Iím going to back Mark but I donít think that he meant that our government had anything to do with 9-11. Mark you should read it again it does kind of say what prE4chEr said. ďThis supposed terrorism threat is played out big in the media and is just a tool for the "elite" to take away our freedoms and shred the constitution. Statistically youíre more likely to get hit by a tornado and lighting in the same day! ď    I donít know how could take that line any other way.
We are going to downsize the military, we canít afford to maintain it, plus I think we will spend more on drone type warfare and have less people on the ground.
Economic enslavement. Unless you own the business then you are going to work for some one else.
Terrorists cause our government to take away our freedoms they know that if they can cause a little damage  the effect will be great. The people will shout protect us. We donít care you can give us curfews and tap our phones if it will protect us.  People say that if you are doing nothing wrong why do you care and that is the wrong attitude to have.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
the training you recieve to get a ccw can help. specifically being more observant of your surroundings. you will learn to look more closely at people around you and assess situations. when you carry you want to avoid a confrontation or threat. defending yourself is a last resort. you also will start avoiding places that you may not have avoided before. being aware of your surroundings and those in it becomes a good habit. sometimes things happen that cannot be prevented. but you can learn to avoid and prevent or lessen threats. the purpose of ccw is to defend your self against an attacker, not a vehicle or plane.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 09:42:45 PM »
Someone carrying a gun who is standing around "assessing a situation and looking closely at people"
scares me...a lot.  Like what are you doing?  Deciding who you might have to take down?  This doesn't sound like someone I want anywhere near me.

the training you recieve to get a ccw can help. specifically being more observant of your surroundings. you will learn to look more closely at people around you and assess situations.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
Someone carrying a gun who is standing around "assessing a situation and looking closely at people"
scares me...a lot.  Like what are you doing?  Deciding who you might have to take down?  This doesn't sound like someone I want anywhere near me.

This means I won't ask you out to lunch then Coy-oto. Because i am going to be packing, and  assessing my suroundings.
so Kay Sara Sara I guess  :wink1a:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »
it is done as you are wandering around shopping or walking aoround any place. do you watch for traffic when crossing the street? do you pay attention to your surroundings at the mall? you see someone that looks like a dirtbag or a threat to you or your familiy when you are out, you may look at them a little closer. a little common sense goes a long way. people cannot be too observant now a days.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Basically, thats not what I said at all. Read it again dipwad.

Putting terrorist attack in quotes implies that it wasn't an attack by terrorists, and the rest of the post was about democide. It's pretty clear what you said. What did you mean to say?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »

Putting terrorist attack in quotes implies that it wasn't an attack by terrorists, and the rest of the post was about democide. It's pretty clear what you said. What did you mean to say?
Your right I put quotation marks around Terrorist attack because there is a lot of talk that it may or may not have been perpetrated by someone other than a bunch of goofballs from Saudi Arabia. But my post was not about 911 it was about the threat of death from our own governments being at the top of the list statically and the threat of a terrorist attack from another country being at the bottom. Why do most people have them mixed up? We must STOP these puppets for the elite that we call our government from taking all of our rights and liberties under the guise of securing us from a threat that doesn't exist!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 01:46:37 AM »
We must STOP these puppets for the elite that we call our government from taking all of our rights and liberties under the guise of securing us from a threat that doesn't exist!

Meh...I don't mind giving up a few rights for the extra security. We live in a different age than the founders. They didn't have the urgent threats to their lives like we do. Back in their time, 17 men couldn't have killed 2,977 people in less than a few hours.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 02:00:06 AM »

Meh...I don't mind giving up a few rights for the extra security. We live in a different age than the founders. They didn't have the urgent threats to their lives like we do. Back in their time, 17 men couldn't have killed 2,977 people in less than a few hours.
You still don't get it? They like sheeple like that. Don't worry were going to take you to a nice camp to protect you!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 02:09:41 AM »
Basically, thats not what I said at all. Read it again dipwad.

No name calling.  :shame:  Site rules.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

ďThe truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.Ē

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 03:19:53 AM »
 That's a term of endearment!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 01:17:43 PM »
"Your right I put quotation marks around Terrorist attack because there is a lot of talk that it may or may not have been perpetrated by someone other than a bunch of goofballs from Saudi Arabia. But my post was not about 911 "

Then why did you start your post with a statement about 911.  If if wasn't about 911, you probably should have left that first sentence out of it.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »
"Your right I put quotation marks around Terrorist attack because there is a lot of talk that it may or may not have been perpetrated by someone other than a bunch of goofballs from Saudi Arabia. But my post was not about 911 "

Then why did you start your post with a statement about 911.  If if wasn't about 911, you probably should have left that first sentence out of it.
Should be obvious that I was comparing the 3000 deaths of 911 (which were mentioned two posts prier) to the 300,000,000 democide deaths!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »
This the first time that I have heard of you learn to check your surroundings in a CCW. I don't have one yet but I know a lot of people that do. Since it is to help against attacker still not much help against a terrorist act.  Car jack yes driving said car  into a building no. Mark while some governments do kill thier people, let's not compare the U.S. just yet. Hpefully we learned from our civil war.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
This the first time that I have heard of you learn to check your surroundings in a CCW. I don't have one yet but I know a lot of people that do. Since it is to help against attacker still not much help against a terrorist act.  Car jack yes driving said car  into a building no. Mark while some governments do kill thier people, let's not compare the U.S. just yet. Hpefully we learned from our civil war.
Coming to a town near you!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 02:49:11 AM »
chas you probably already are aware of your surroundings when you are out and about. ccw training helps you become more aware so you can avoid a situation or be better able to defend yourself if need be

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
Just be careful not to what this guy did Chaz
http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/Man-Shoots-Self-in-Genitals-While-Holstering-Fiancees-Gun-in-Pants_3257-1.html?typpf
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.