Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: American Idol 2012  (Read 11086 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
American Idol 2012
« on: March 23, 2012, 04:29:47 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

This year is terrible.  There are no really good singers and several who are just awful.  I wish Simon Cowell was back.  These bleeding heart judges seem to be tone deaf and I don't like Stephen Tyler at all.  Having Tommy Hilfiger there to dress them up is just...stupid. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
Re: American Idol 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Wow i guess im watching a different american idol than you.  Because i think, there are 4 very good singers on there. One that i enjoyed got booted last night and i dont think she should have went yet.  Heejun should have been the one to go.  That being said, i agree with you about Tommy Hilfiger on there is senseless to me.  Now i like Steven Tyler myself, and yes sometimes, well alot of the times they are too nice. I like Simon as well.  But he was the other extreme of what you dont like.  Sometimes he would get down right mean.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Agree.  I just think Stephen is much to interested in T and A to be concerned with talent.  (dirty old man).

Wow i guess im watching a different american idol than you.  Because i think, there are 4 very good singers on there. One that i enjoyed got booted last night and i dont think she should have went yet.  Heejun should have been the one to go.  That being said, i agree with you about Tommy Hilfiger on there is senseless to me.  Now i like Steven Tyler myself, and yes sometimes, well alot of the times they are too nice. I like Simon as well.  But he was the other extreme of what you dont like.  Sometimes he would get down right mean.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »
I like Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet and the guy with with mohawk.  I don't like Phillip Phillips or Heejun and none of the other women.  I agree it's not a very good season.  I hate when they make them all sing the songs of one person.  Billy Joel, really?  If they are going to do that at least pick somebody in recent history.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:33:22 AM »
I like Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet and the guy with with mohawk.  I don't like Phillip Phillips or Heejun and none of the other women.  I agree it's not a very good season.  I hate when they make them all sing the songs of one person.  Billy Joel, really?  If they are going to do that at least pick somebody in recent history.
What about DWTS? Becky says Max is back and last week was the best premier EVER!!
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »

My favorite four are the three you listed plus Phillip Phillips, but i see alot of potential in Holly.  But from what i have seen i think it is one of the better seasons of AI.  This season has me actually watching it and keeping my interest.  For making them all sing the songs of one person, they have been doing that since the very first AI.  What do you consider recent history, if you get to much closer to the present you will lose viewers that dont care for the more recent music.

Agree.  I just think Stephen is much to interested in T and A to be concerned with talent.  (dirty old man).

Well heck, then what do you think about Maynard then lol

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »
Maynard, Dancing with the Stars is really good this year!!!!
Fafrd, I'm talking about having them sing songs like they might actually record if they win.  None of them will be recording songs like Billy Joel sang.  Have a country week, a pop week, a R & B week.  I know they have always done it and I have always disliked it.  Those songs are not relevant to the kids that are singing them.  Most of them didn't even know who Billy Joel was.

Maynard, there is a DWTS link on here.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 04:03:35 AM »
I dont think its a matter of what is "relavant" to them, a classic song is timeless.  Wether it is Nate King Cole or Billy Joel.  These songs are to test thier song choice and the quality of thier voices, at least thats what i think.  Take David Cook for instance, he did a the song from the Phantom of the Opera and did a hell of a job.  That was definately out of his comfort zone, but he did an awesome job.

When Simon was still with the show you didnt see many on the show who did country, you had a few exceptions of course.  And even less that did well in the show because Simon didnt like, didnt understand country music. Now you have more doing country and even for me the rockers.  Even though they have always did older songs they were looking for people that would fit the mold for current pop artists.  At that time i thought it should have been American Pop Idol, at least now with a wider variety of genres its truley getting to be American Idol.

So doing these older songs test their vocal range better, imo.  So with this seasons lineup, if you can get Colton to do a country song, and do an arrangment that fits his style, that would show his range better than if he did something that he was more comfortable with.  Same with Joshua, get him out of his comfort zone of his background with gospel will test him more

I do understand where you are coming from though.  My biggest complaint with the show this year is Tommy Hilfiger.  I hope this isnt a ploy to gain viewership over substance of the music.  If it is, then im worried that the show is on its way out. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 01:39:03 AM »
Fafrd, tonight was a good example of what the singers can do when they are singing songs that are "relevant" to them.  There was a lot of very good performances.  When they have to sing songs that don't mean anything to them, it is hard for them to do their best.  Keep in mind, when they get a recording deal, they will be singing songs they like, not songs drug out of the vault of old songs.  They can do that when they get old.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:50:13 AM »
Fafrd, tonight was a good example of what the singers can do when they are singing songs that are "relevant" to them.  There was a lot of very good performances.  When they have to sing songs that don't mean anything to them, it is hard for them to do their best.  Keep in mind, when they get a recording deal, they will be singing songs they like, not songs drug out of the vault of old songs.  They can do that when they get old.
Becky said on DWTS last night for once they removed the right one first.......Tennis anyone???  She also said Chasity Bono was in the audiance..... Bahahaha
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »
I havent had the

I havent had the chance to watch tonights episode.  But never said songs relevant to thier age and time were not important.  But doing the older songs song what they can do with their talents. If they are talented they can sing anything, wether it is relevant to them or their audience.  As performers they are going to have to do things that they "dont feel" to put on a good show.  Personally i wish they could pick the songs they want to sing all the time and not have a specific genre each week.  But i can see a problem with that as well, they will get complacent and not chose a song that will challenge themselves, if they dont challenge themselves they will not grow their talent or grow as an artist.  I personally think this group is one of the best group of singers that they have had in awhile.  I dont even recall anyone from season 9, and the only person i know from that season that has done anything is Casey James, and that is because i hear him on the CT40 countdown on fridays, and they said he was on season 9.  I will watch tonights episode tomorrow before the vote reveal and see how they do.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »
My favorite to win is Jessica Sanchez.  My next two favorites are Joshua Ledet and Colton Dixon; although in Colton's case, it's weird to be a rock star with a country star name....he should change it.  He would be great with a band.  Jessica does fantastic by herself and only 16!  Wow.  She could really go places.  As for Joshua?  I think he should get down with a little Pit Bull.  Jennifer Lopez should definitely make that happen.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 01:13:11 AM »
Just watched votes and i have to say that i had picked the bottom three correctly this week.  I thought the three there had the worst perforances, that said i didnt agree with who got voted off.  I think Holly should have been the one that went home.  Every weeks she gets the same things said to her.  Loosen up, show more feeling and she doesnt, yes she has a good voice and will be a star someday.  I think she needs to get more experience first.  Deandre has the stage presence that Holley lacks and his voice i good as well, i think at this moment he is the more developed performer of the two.  Elise had a bad night last night but redeemed herself in the duet.  If she has another night like last night i think you will see her and holley in the bottom three again next week.

My favorites for the final 4 are Joshua ledet, Colton Dixon, Jessica Sanchez and Philip Phillips.  Philip had a bad performance last night so he needs to step up his game if he wants to stay in the running. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 01:35:54 AM »
I agree with you Fafrd on everything but Phillip Phillips.  I don't care for him much.  And tonight when he said he's just on there to have fun and play music sealed it for me.  If he doesn't want to win then go home.  I like your other three for the top four.  I'm sure Phillip will be there too, I just don't want him to be.  I actually voted for Deandre because I love his falsetto voice.  Oh well.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »
I agree with you Fafrd on everything but Phillip Phillips.  I don't care for him much.  And tonight when he said he's just on there to have fun and play music sealed it for me.  If he doesn't want to win then go home.  I like your other three for the top four.  I'm sure Phillip will be there too, I just don't want him to be.  I actually voted for Deandre because I love his falsetto voice.  Oh well.

Yeah that might have sealed it with alot of people when he said what he said.  But that could be seen two different ways, for those like you who dont like his singing, they may not vote for him now.  But others like myself, who like his singing look and think good dont go for the hype.  But the fact that he said it, could hurt his chances

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »
Wow is all i can say about what happened on AI tonight.  I guess i was watching a different show from everyone else. My bottom three was the same as Jimmy Iovene's.  To see Joshua, Elise and Jessica in the bottom three was just plain crazy.  Based on the performances from last night it should have been Holly, Phillip and Elise, with Holly getting the boot tonight.  Im glad the judges used the save tonight, but that means two will leave next week.

And i just rocked to James Durbin's performance it was great

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 02:10:07 AM »
I couldnt believe my eyes tonight. That goes to show people vote favorites and not talent. After tonight anybody can win. I really thought Jessica would win this year but I guess the public dont like her. Have to wait and see. No more saves
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 02:40:52 AM »
I think its more people thought Joshua and Jessica were safe and didnt vote for them thinking there would be enough ppl voting for them they didnt need too.  But yes it is always anybodies game.  Just look at past seasons when you thought a certain person should win and they dont, and you wonder what the heck happened

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
I felt the same thing as you.  I think Joshua is awesome and such a good stage performer and I couldn't believe that he and Jessica made the bottom three.  However I never liked James Durbin and still don't.  He sounds phony to me.  I always thought he was pushed up to the forefront because of his turrets, not because of his talent. 

Wow is all i can say about what happened on AI tonight.  I guess i was watching a different show from everyone else. My bottom three was the same as Jimmy Iovene's.  To see Joshua, Elise and Jessica in the bottom three was just plain crazy.  Based on the performances from last night it should have been Holly, Phillip and Elise, with Holly getting the boot tonight.  Im glad the judges used the save tonight, but that means two will leave next week.

And i just rocked to James Durbin's performance it was great

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
I felt the same thing as you.  I think Joshua is awesome and such a good stage performer and I couldn't believe that he and Jessica made the bottom three.  However I never liked James Durbin and still don't.  He sounds phony to me.  I always thought he was pushed up to the forefront because of his turrets, not because of his talent. 

turrets...as in turrets syndrome?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »
Tourette Syndrome...I guess I thought spell check would catch it (lol).  But yes, he has it.

turrets...as in turrets syndrome?

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »
They always do something like that coyote.  Sometimes it aggravates me other times it dont.  To me it has to do with wether or not i think that person is talented and they push them or not so talented and the push them.  In the case of James Durbin,  I think he has talent and i like his voice and i thought his performance was great.  I liked it better than the song Jennifer Hudson did.  And im a big fan of hers as well.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
Wow...I didn't see that coming!  Colton Dixon gone and Jessica stayed.  This show really has some twists and turns.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 01:58:17 PM »
I don't know why Elise is still in it.  She can't sing and it really showed when she sang "Let's Get it On" the other night.  I am sad that Colton left.  It think he is the whole package.  He will get some kind of recording deal anyway.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Jessica is still there because that lil girl can sing. It was a messed up thing last week that she didnt get the votes and was the bottom of the bottom three.  Heck even Joshua was in the bottom three that week.

I do like Elise voice on most songs, she did not do a good job this week and deserved to be in the bottom three.  I had the bottom three picked correctly this week.  But, thought Hollie or Elise would be the one to go.  I cant remember if they they showed Coltons remarks when they came back from commericials after he perfromed and got bad remarks from the judges or not.  But it showed, that he said he didnt care what they said.  I think that might be the reason he got the boot, IMO.  He is saying it is because he sang lady gaga and that was to different from his norm and he lost support from his fanbase.  As much as i like colton i didnt think he performed his best that night.  But i thought the girls didnt do much better and since the other two are consistently in the bottom three i thought one of them would go.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 02:06:56 AM »
Actually, he says they edited it and left out most of what he said.  "You gotta love TV editing. I came off the stage, and if you would have heard the whole thing, I said, 'No disrespect to the judges, but I ain't singing for them--every song I do, it's for His glory.'" "I don't care what the judges think, I sing please God."

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 02:22:26 AM »
Actually, he says they edited it and left out most of what he said.  "You gotta love TV editing. I came off the stage, and if you would have heard the whole thing, I said, 'No disrespect to the judges, but I ain't singing for them--every song I do, it's for His glory.'" "I don't care what the judges think, I sing please God."
Iggy... This has nothing to do with Idol, I just want to no if you have made your trip to Florida yet and if you did... Did you have
a good time?

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 03:32:53 AM »
Colton was a weirdo in my opinion. I have no idea what he was attempting in his dress ups but overall a slightly above average voice and I think he just dropped the ball on his songs on the wrong night. I think Holly shoulda went but America voted. Alise or Elisa whatever its spelled has a unique voice kinda like Janis Joplin and not overly sexy ;ooking BUT, She is HOT and she`ll be around a while. Jessica is a one dimensional singer. Kinda like a Whitney Houston and she is GREAT. I think she has the best chance to win it. Holly will be next off then Phillip then Elise and it`ll be down to 2. Joshua and Jessica. I wont be surprised if Joshua takes it.
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »
If things keep going the way they have the top three will probably be Joshua, Jessica and Philip.  The top two i see the having the most chance of getting to the final will be Joshua and Jessica, they both are powerful singers.  But i hoping it is Joshua and Philip as the final two because i think they have the most talent, stage presence and they are the all around whole package