Author Topic: Prosecuting Attorney Ordered to Active Duty in MOARNG for Deployment to Kuwait  (Read 3169 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
4/17/12
Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman Ordered to Active Duty in the Missouri Army National Guard for Deployment to Kuwait

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that he has been ordered to active duty in the Missouri Army National Guard beginning in early May for a deployment to Kuwait later this summer.  Mr. Hillman serves as the Command Judge Advocate for the 35th Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB).  The 35th CAB has been ordered to active duty with training at Fort Leonard Wood, Fort Hood, and then deployment to Kuwait for approximately nine months.

“As a member of the National Guard, I have always had a contingency plan in place in case this happened,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.    “We have initiated that plan and everything is in place to ensure that the services of the Prosecutor’s Office are not interrupted while I am away.”

Mr. Hillman has requested that the County Commission grant him a military leave of absence, which they have.  In addition, Mr. Hillman has requested that pursuant to Missouri law, the Presiding Judge appoint an acting prosecutor.  Mr. Hillman recommended that his chief assistant prosecutor, Ken Clayton, be appointed to the position.  Judge Storie agreed with that suggestion and Mr. Clayton has been appointed.  In addition, the Commission last year authorized an additional assistant prosecutor position in the event of this deployment, and that position is currently filled. Finally, Mr. Hillman has requested that except for the pay required under the military leave statutes, that his pay be used to fund these additional positions.

“I have full faith and confidence in Ken Clayton’s abilities as the acting prosecutor,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “Ken served as the elected prosecutor in Phelps County for eight years and has worked in my office for the last year and a half.  His experience and knowledge have proved invaluable to the office for the last year and half and I know he will lead the office well in my absence.  I do not expect that the citizens of Pulaski County to notice any change in the level of service my office provides while I am away.”

“I am very proud in what my office has been able to accomplish over the last year and a half.  I expect that this progress will continue while I am away and have full faith in my staff.  The best move I made in my first year in office was surrounding myself with very good employees and assistant prosecutors who work hard everyday to bring justice to Pulaski County.  I hope that you will support them, my family, and all of Pulaski County law enforcement over the next year.  I want to thank the County Commission, the Judges, the Circuit and County Clerks’ Offices, and all the law enforcement agencies who have worked with me to ensure that this is a smooth transition.  I am proud to serve my country but look forward to getting back to my home and family and once again serving the citizens of Pulaski County,” stated Kevin Hillman.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
Have a good tour, thank you for serving and keep your head down. Oh and don't eat anything you don't recongize
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline hancock

• View Profile
Have a good tour, thank you for serving and keep your head down. Oh and don't eat anything you don't recongize

And keep an eye on Hancock Jr please!
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline beutifullady

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Take Care Mr. Hillman and Thank you for serving our Country!!!

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Looks like Kevin will be deploying just as I am returning...

Have a safe deployment  good sir!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
 Is Ken Clayton going to keep us informed as to the goings on at the prosecutor's office on here?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
With modern technology and help from my staff, I'll still be keeping you informed!  If not for some reason, yes we will still be putting info out.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Watch your 6 and have a good tour. I am sure there will be lots of work here for you when you get back. Stay safe!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Thanks for your service Kevin!  Appreciate all that you do with your service as our PA and to our country.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay