Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Don`t disrespect Obama  (Read 12381 times)

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
Don`t disrespect Obama
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A sergeant will be discharged for criticizing President Barack Obama on Facebook in a case that called into question the Pentagon's policies about social media and its limits on the speech of active duty military personnel, the Marine Corps said Wednesday.
Sgt. Gary Stein will get an other-than-honorable discharge and lose most of his benefits for violating the policies, the Corps said.
The San Diego-area Marine who has served nine years in the Corps said he was disappointed by the decision. He argued that he was exercising his constitutional rights to free speech.
"I love the Marine Corps, I love my job. I wish it wouldn't have gone this way. I'm having a hard time seeing how 15 words on Facebook could have ruined my nine-year career," he told The Associated Press.
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Re: Don`t disrespect Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
People in our military need to keep in mind that you cannot say whatever you want about other people in their chain of command.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:53:24 PM »
saying that he would not obey the orders of the potus got him canned. no different than saying he would not obey the orders of his boss where he worked. he knew better.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
 Correct me if I'm wrong but, if your given an illegal order such as setting up a road block, or confiscating guns from the American people, herding your friends and family into FEMA camps, or acting in cohorts with the police. You can refuse such orders!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if your given an illegal order such as setting up a road block, or confiscating guns from the American people, herding your friends and family into FEMA camps, or acting in cohorts with the police. You can refuse such orders!

Mark, you are showing your ignorance with regard to military personnel matters.  What this Marine did was wrong and he is being punished for it.  There is NO PLACE for politics when wearing a uniform.  This Marine knew that, chose to ignore that and now faces the consequences of HIS actions.  You are trying to compare apples to carrots.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
You are soooooooooooooooo correct
it is very clear that Mark has never been in the Military

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »
Unlawful orders are SOOOOO rare.  One time I was ordered to do something that I was not going to do.  There was a contagious individual (with a fatal disease) whose ride didn't show up to take him to the hospital when he was checking out to go to his orders home (where he would eventually pass away).  I'm an office manager and know nothing about medicine or his illness yet was ordered to drive him in my car to the hospital.  I told the 0-5 that I didn't want to take him in my car...my kids ride there and I don't know what could happen.  I asked can I use his car?  He said no and it was a direct order to take him in my car.  So I asked, "is this really a lawful order sir?"  He got quiet and turned beet red and I know he was hating me, but right then, the guy's ride showed up so I don't know how it would have turned out for me because I was not going to drive him.  We never mentioned it again.  So there are unlawful orders, but the things you mention are in sci fi movies.

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »
your question was excellent and that was not a lawful order.  Were you in the Military at this time?

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
Does anyone know what the official charge to this Marine was?  I do not know of any any article in the Manual that covers this being that he was a Noncommissioned Officer.  The only one that I know of that could be applied would be Article 184 which is the catch all article but even that would be a stretch.  It is extremely clear that disloyal statements can only be directed towards the United States or against its form of government.  Stretching that out to include the POTUS is a unimaginable stretch.  Although I feel that this Marine made a serious error in judgement, I am not sure that it warranted a "less than honorable" discharge.  This case has politics written all over it and I believe that the USMC is making a public example out of him.  One of the reasons I have such doubts about this case is that there is no current policy that governs the use of social media in the Military.  There are security policies but that is a different matter.  I would give anything to see the actual transcripts of this case but I doubt that will ever be made public.

Kevin, you are a Military man with law experience, do you have any insight or thoughts?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
If this comment was for me, I was an E-7 at the time and my boss was an 0-5.  He was really a great guy and I liked working for him, but this situation was very tense.

your question was excellent and that was not a lawful order.  Were you in the Military at this time?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
People think that 1st amendment gives them right to say whatever they want, It doesn’t. The government can restrict where you gather in public for speeches, and depending on you who are talking about and why also determines whether or not is a free speech issues.  Not all speech is protected anyway.  If you are in the military you know you can’t bad mouth the president. If people would learn that social media is not a private conversation we would all be better off and there would be these problems. That is the sad part about all of this. People put out videos and their writing into public then act surprised when it comes back and bites them in the arse.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
I meant there would not be these problems.  Oh and say arse out loud it is just a fun word.

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »
If you are in the military you know you can’t bad mouth the president.

Chas,
   I am being totally serious when ask, where is this written down?

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
Does it matter where its written.  The President is the commander in chief, the end all say all of the military, talking about him is just like talking to your direct superior officer.  The marine was an idiot to think he could say whatever he wanted about him without consequences.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
It's in the oath...written, repeated out loud, signed, sealed, and filed.  You do that in the beginning and at each reinlistment.  If this guy had 9 years in I'm sure he's said and signed the oath at least twice.

Chas,
   I am being totally serious when ask, where is this written down?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »
 Its also written that the president has to be a U.S. citizen, He has to actually win the election by the people, and he can't start wars and change or disregard the constitution without congressional approval!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
First off, I am not defending the guy, I am merely asking a question from a legal standpoint.  You cannot walk into a courtroom and look at the judge and say the guy didn't do the right thing.  I simply want to know what they charged him with because I cannot find any charge that applies in the Manual of Court Martials.  Making disparging remarks about the POTUS only applies to commissioned officers.  The oath of enlistment includes the statement that you will obey the orders of the POTUS and the officers appointed above you.  I say again, "what was the charge?"  I am being serious and not trying to start an arguement, I want to see if I am overlooking something that should be obvious as I am not a legal expert.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
First off, I am not defending the guy, I am merely asking a question from a legal standpoint.  You cannot walk into a courtroom and look at the judge and say the guy didn't do the right thing.  I simply want to know what they charged him with because I cannot find any charge that applies in the Manual of Court Martials.  Making disparging remarks about the POTUS only applies to commissioned officers.  The oath of enlistment includes the statement that you will obey the orders of the POTUS and the officers appointed above you.  I say again, "what was the charge?"  I am being serious and not trying to start an arguement, I want to see if I am overlooking something that should be obvious as I am not a legal expert.
He was charged with *STUPID*
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »
Hey Nanna, I thought that Mark guy was retired military? He represented he was at one time while starting a bunch of troubl. His other buddy also representesd himself as reetired military? Im starting to think he misrepresented himself. I for one have never been in due to a heart murmer discover during a physical. I dont know why the guy harrasses everyone and rants and raves like a mental patient. I think he needs meds. I leave him alone till he starts accuusing me of lieing about a score I MADE and he keeps calling me someone Im not. Wow. Unbelievable.  Fema camps and aliens and he dont even know the laws OR government.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »
Hey Nanna, I thought that Mark guy was retired military? He represented he was at one time while starting a bunch of troubl. His other buddy also representesd himself as reetired military? Im starting to think he misrepresented himself. I for one have never been in due to a heart murmer discover during a physical. I dont know why the guy harrasses everyone and rants and raves like a mental patient. I think he needs meds. I leave him alone till he starts accuusing me of lieing about a score I MADE and he keeps calling me someone Im not. Wow. Unbelievable.  Fema camps and aliens and he dont even know the laws OR government.
I have never represented myself as a military guy Bob. You got kicked out for smoking dope! Tell the truth for once in your life!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »
Bob LOL keep thinking that. Its almost funny.
And yes you did say you were retired military. Your ignorance shows youre a liar

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »
conduct unbecoming an nco. disrespectm insubordination. for the barracks lawyers; articles 88, 91,92,134

what if he said those comments about his commander? no difference. nobama is the cinc and the marine knew better

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
 This is the guy your supposed to blindly follow??? 

President Barack Hussein Obama has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good, when he murdered Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen, without ever having charged him with a crime in a court of law, thereby nullifying the 5th Amendment which states that "NO PERSON shall be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without Due Process of Law." ACLU: Obama Now "Judge, Jury, and Executioner"

President Barack Hussein Obama has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them, by refusing to identify and deport illegal aliens, and then denying the Sovereign State of Arizona the right to defend its own borders. Arizona Law SB 1070

In collusion with Treasonous Members of Congress, President Barack Hussein Obama has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

President Barack Hussein Obama has attacked elected representatives repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people. DOJ Retaliates Against Sheriff Joe Arpaio

President Barack Hussein Obama has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. "Recess Appointments" Unconstitutional.

President Barack Hussein Obama is trying to make the SCOTUS dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and their relevance. Obama Takes Aim At Supreme Court

President Barack Hussein Obama has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance. TSA's mission creep is making the US a police state

President Barack Hussein Obama is forming among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies of Private Mercenaries without the Consent of our legislatures.

President Barack Hussein Obama has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing or ignoring the free System of American Laws, establishing therein an Arbitrary government by Executive Order, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Individual Sovereign States:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments, and ceding authority to offices funded by, and presumably accountable to, the Federal Reserve.

For bypassing our own Legislatures, and declaring himself invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever, including our very right to Life, President Barack Hussein Obama has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against Us.

President Barack Hussein Obama has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

President Barack Hussein Obama is at this time forming large Armies of Mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

President Barack Hussein Obama has excited domestic unrest amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, and the Sovereign States of the Middle East, the merciless Savages of the Muslim Brotherhood and their military wing known as al-Qaeda, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions. He has also quashed all attempts at Justice aimed at a violent Black Nationalist organization known as the New Black Panthers who have intimidated voters at polling places, called for the Murders of white citizens, and have issued "Dead or Alive" rewards, felonies ignored by the Department of Justice at the behest of the President.

President Barack Hussein Obama has provided Material Support to the Enemies of the United States, namely the Terror organizations known as al-Qaeda and Hamas. These groups are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department and any Material Support of them is a Felony for which others have been imprisoned.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
another ill informed worthless cut and paste, and one that has nothing to do with the topic

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
another ill informed worthless cut and paste, and one that has nothing to do with the topic
You used to be smart Fish. What happend? Your not on the crack are you?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »
Title 10 U.S. Code, Sec 502 defines the Oath of Enlistment:    "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

(For those choosing to "affirm", "So help me God." may be omitted.

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »
Fish, That Mark guy is truly mental. Talking about drugs now anad basically calling you dumb. LOL His posts make no sense at all. IF I was going to outer space Id appreciate his input cause he seems to know alot about aliens and getting probed..

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »
Fish, That Mark guy is truly mental. Talking about drugs now anad basically calling you dumb. LOL His posts make no sense at all. IF I was going to outer space Id appreciate his input cause he seems to know alot about aliens and getting probed..
I think you have to make it past the third grade before my posts will make sense to you!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
conduct unbecoming an nco. disrespectm insubordination. for the barracks lawyers; articles 88, 91,92,134

what if he said those comments about his commander? no difference. nobama is the cinc and the marine knew better

UCMJ provision ; Article 88,  makes it a crime for an officer to use contemptuous words against the president, the vice president, Congress, the secretary of defense, the secretary of a military department, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, or the governor or legislature of any state, territory, commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present

It does not state weather it is a commissioned or non- commissioned officer, just "officer"   so they can get him for that.

if he was a Private...he could plead ignorance....