Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Caveman BBQ  (Read 12319 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Caveman BBQ
« on: March 09, 2007, 08:46:50 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline EAGLE

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman BBQ
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »
goood view bad food

MBRwife

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »
View is great, food is okay, I can't say it's bad but I've had better for the money.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »
I thought it was closed. 

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 01:15:03 AM »
They close for the winter.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline whazup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 02:06:31 AM »
They are opening back up the last Thursday of March. They are open until the end of October.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »
     We have been a couple of times - mostly to take visitors to eat in a cave.  I guess that means we've gone for the atmosphere.  The food was good, but I don't think I'd to there every week.
     One thing you all should know, unless it has chagned recently -- they ONLY take cash.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline PattiJo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »
Don't know if this is true or not, but I have been told bats fly in the cave while you are eating.  Don't believe I will ever go there.  Could you imagine, getting ready to eat your food and SPLAT, right in your plate.YUK

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »
     There are doors at the opening of the cave, I have never seen a bat flying around.  Now, there are some 'critters' in the cave -- some 'rubber' and some stuffed to give it that cave atmostphere.  I do recall a rubber bat hanging by fishing line (or something like that) above our table.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 04:32:04 AM »
best place to go fishing is down there...

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »
view is pretty and looks pretty neat on the inside, But as for there food to me it was gross!!!! There steak the more I chewed the bigger it got. I for one will never go back again wasn't worth the price I paid.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 06:01:38 AM »
I liked everything about it when I was there...would go back.
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 01:27:42 AM »
I used to eat there all the time years ago because the food and view were amazing, but the last time I went the food quality was terrible, and I haven't been back since. No bats. Ever.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

mike65583

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 12:28:16 AM »
It's an interesting place, but I don't think I will ever go back.  My family went there last Friday, and the food was not very good at all.  Way overpriced for what you get.  When I left I wanted to stop off at McDonalds because I was still hungry.  I go through a few glasses of soda, water, or whatever I'm drinking while eating, but they charge you for refills. 

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 01:02:55 AM »
I wouldn't suggest a bat fly in there.

It's an interesting place, but I don't think I will ever go back.  My family went there last Friday, and the food was not very good at all.  Way overpriced for what you get.  When I left I wanted to stop off at McDonalds because I was still hungry.  I go through a few glasses of soda, water, or whatever I'm drinking while eating, but they charge you for refills. 

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 04:00:05 AM »
If the same guy owns it his attitude was bad, took 45 minutes to get a glass of water, my fod was cold when  i got it, and my wife ordered one of those big turkey legs and it was raw in the middle.  That wouldn't have been to bad, but he lighting was so dark she ate several bites before she realized that it was raw.  I talked about the food conditions and the fact it took 2 hours to get it and he shrugged and said that when you serve as many people as him that sometimes it happens. I would never go back if he still owns it.

retired1_us

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 04:03:12 AM »
Used to be a dance hall from what I've been told.  Three out of the 5 have worked there over the years...eaten there a few times.  And have a few opinions I won't parlay.

If you want a once in a lifetime, try it.  Just don't get your hopes up for future / consistent dining experience.

paloha2

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »
Have any of you read or been told how this man came by this idea? That is the amazing part...he literally started cleaning it out with a bucket on a rope! I admit he can be rude....but just the pure IDEA....of doing this was ingenious. The atmosphere and view are really pretty...there are 'critters'..but none alive except for the fish in the pond. You take an elevator up to the restaurant level...the food? well....have had better and have had worse..but the view and experience was worth it. It was my birthday...few yrs ago and they let my husband bring roses and balloons ahead and reserved a table for us..I'd go there again to "show" it to anyone who's not seen it tho.

Offline awilliams17

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 01:47:20 AM »
I went there about a year ago... don't think I'll be going back... unless someone visiting from out of town REALLY wants to go.  I think that place has a lot of potential... but right now it is just some place to go for the atmosphere... not the food or service.  The man (I'm guessing he's the owner) seemed to be disgruntled and grumpy.  The food was edible, but not too good, and the portions were small.  The pie was great though.  I think that with a little bit of improvement with the food and quite a bit of improvement on customer relations, the place could make a whole lot more money and be a very enjoyable experience for customers.

Offline fyretr

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »
Been there once and found the food so-so but the experience was worth the food. would probably not go back unless out of town family really really wanted to. Kind of expensive and I was still hungry when I left

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 02:14:28 AM »
We went there for Mothers Day My Dad and I took my mom and grandma. I had the frog legs which were awesome and my dad had a combo plate which he enjoyed. The bad thing was my Mom and grandma had the catfish which was raw on the inside and neither of them enjoyed their mothers day meal. I felt bad. I'm glad the owner started using a van to truck customers up there. I went a few years back and they had this trailer thing that felt like you were gonna get tossed off the cliff every time he  hit a bump. Scared the hell out of me my first time.
Biscuit

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 03:48:43 PM »
Never been and never will.  Too many complaints to waste my time and money to eat in a hole in the ground like a mole.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
Good fishing hole or restaurant.  I'll go fishing and then home to eat.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline wyd2060

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 01:13:25 AM »
I went a couple years ago - they take you up in a van - HORRIBLE ride.  The food reminded me of school cafeteria food (in the 80's - not today's school cafeteria - lol). 
The price was high for the food, in my opinion.
It is a neat place to take visitors because of the view and the atmosphere - but do you want to feed your visitors awful food and receive poor service?
Again  -  just my opinion.
Wipe off the blood and get back in the game!
Blue's Hockey

tux

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 02:34:48 AM »
no

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
Used to be a dance hall from what I've been told.  Three out of the 5 have worked there over the years...eaten there a few times.  And have a few opinions I won't parlay.

If you want a once in a lifetime, try it.  Just don't get your hopes up for future / consistent dining experience.
I thin the cave your thinking of is the one on 17 right befor the crocker bridge..It Used to be a night club
Biscuit

retired1_us

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »
I thin the cave your thinking of is the one on 17 right befor the crocker bridge..It Used to be a night club

I knew about that one also, and after doing some research there are a couple others in the local area.  I believe I read there were a couple on old Rte 66 back in the day.  I was going off of old timer stories, so you never really know for sure.

It's kind of like the old Oasis - if that is what it was called then.  Part of it was obviously similar at one time.  The Cactus Club and the "B&B" or "B&R".  Been trying to find out about them, but like the caves, nobody talks much.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 04:19:20 AM »
If the same guy owns it his attitude was bad, took 45 minutes to get a glass of water, my fod was cold when  i got it, and my wife ordered one of those big turkey legs and it was raw in the middle.  That wouldn't have been to bad, but he lighting was so dark she ate several bites before she realized that it was raw.  I talked about the food conditions and the fact it took 2 hours to get it and he shrugged and said that when you serve as many people as him that sometimes it happens. I would never go back if he still owns it.

LOL... The last time I went, there was a "For Sale" sign on the wall. I was studying for my real estate license at the time and asked the owner what he was asking for it. He looked at me and told me, "More than YOU can afford!"
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 06:54:03 AM »
LOL... The last time I went, there was a "For Sale" sign on the wall. I was studying for my real estate license at the time and asked the owner what he was asking for it. He looked at me and told me, "More than YOU can afford!"

Seriously?  What a jerk.  Where is his karma button, he needs a few whacks for that rudeness.  Though judging by the above  comments about the place, His charming business sense will catch up with him eventually.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi