Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131002 times)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I will take the lead here and start a new topic for all sheriff's candidates to post information and for all others to comment on or otherwise talk about the election. I am doing this after reading a comment in another thread that asked for a new topic in order to debate the 2012 Pulaski County Sheriff's Office election.

We shall see if this thread gets any business.
JB

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
I tend to lean toward Ron Long.  He has multiple experiences in and out of the state.  His experience would be a good addition to the department. Politics not withstanding, I think he would be best qualified.

http://www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com/Home.html

http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/x775075736/Newsmaker-Q-A-Ronald-Long

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
I tend to lean toward Ron Long.  He has multiple experiences in and out of the state.  His experience would be a good addition to the department. Politics not withstanding, I think he would be best qualified.

http://www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com/Home.html

http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/x775075736/Newsmaker-Q-A-Ronald-Long

I agree. He has spent his entire life in law enforcement in major counties. Looking at his experience, it appears to me that he has spent his entire career doing everything necessary to improve his skills. That to me translates into he would spend his career as sheriff doing everything to improve our county and the PCSD resources. He started his career here and still writes novels of the area which shows his love for this place. With his background, he could go anywhere-yet this is the place he has chosen. Everyone likes the improvements Kevin has made as PA and I think this guy would do just the same as sheriff.

Thats my opinion.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:30 PM »
 Yep...Ron Long!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »
GO jt :th_police:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »
I agree Edward.  Go JT.  Go back home

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 12:17:13 AM »
I agree Edward.  Go JT.  Go back home
(((((
Either Edward is a crackhead or the dumbest person in pulaski.
***(((*
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:58:52 AM »
Ron Long is the most professional candidate, i think we have, He has far exceeded the 3 other candidates that i know or have met, I cannot say anything against Nick Pappas, Because i do not know him nor have i ever met him. But as far as the others, in my opinion, has had his time, no one liked what he did, Bill Anderson proved to us what we would do with his time, again no one except his buddies enjoyed that, including the deputies.... 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
I'm leaning toward Ron Long.  JT is to old and needs to retire.  Besides he has  been the sheriff before and not that good at it.  I hope people remember we got rid of him for a reason.   I doubt that he has improved in the years that he has been sitting at home.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ThinkMan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 01:59:01 AM »
I have talked with Burgess, Long, and Pappas.  Burgess seems to be oriented to EMT work more than law enforcement but had a good grasp of budgets and grants.  He is also a licensed law enforcement instructor here.  Long is knowledgable in law enforcement but has been gone from the county for an extended period of time.  He is not familiar with the county or the issues and has only been back in the county for a little over the year.  He did not retire from Texas so it makes me wonder why he left.  That is a long time to spend as a cop and not retire from the department.  He is also not a cop in the state and being a cop here in this county and what our issues are is different than Texas.  He also did not answer any questions directly and walked around many of them. If he has a license to be a cop why not volunteer some time and learn first hand what the issues are. Pappas has education, training, and experience in the county and is a licensed instructor as well.  He has served as a reserve detective for the county and a reserve officer for Richland for a long time.  He could answer questions and did not tap dance around the topics.  If he didn't know he told me.  Burgess did the same. Burgess is in charge of the SWAT team and seemed to know what is going on in the county.  Long seemed more about the books he had written and not what is going on in this county.  Burgess and Pappas both know about the drug and burglary problems and had ideas how to go after them. 

Pappas had more law enforcement experience than Burgess and I am leaning more towards him.  JT seemed to old and out of touch with what is going on.  I have not talked to Anderson yet but I plan on it.  I have heard a lot about him but I want to meet him myself.  But for now I think based on talking with the candidates so far and reading their flyers Pappas is very well qualified and has the best of the county at heart.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
I know nothing about Ron Long, except he has been gone from here a long time.  I would like to met him and pick his ears on why he wants to be sheriff and what he will do for us, but I have never met him and not really heard much about him. 
For those that asked who Pappas is, he is a gentleman that has been in the area for quite some time, he spent some time in the service.  I would rather let him talk about what he did exactly, but he has experience running a department.  Pappas is a very intelligent man and has the education and training to run the office. 
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:38 AM »

I think it should come down to Pappas or Burgess, They are both
"IN" the sheriff's Dept. now and know whats going.
I wish them both the best.
Remember folks its up to you so make a good choise.
 :sheriff: Theres gonna be a new sheriff in town......
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 02:55:33 AM »
Edward, give me one honest reason to vote for JT, Here are several not to. 

1st, he got us in a horrible mess with all the patrol cars having between 200,000 and 300,000 miles before his defeater took office.  Took almost 6 years to dig out of.

2nd, he allowed paperwork to be so screwed up that the supposed 1000's of meth labs he busted never got turned into the state, which I am sure he was supposed to report each lab found.

3rd, he openly stated that he would break the county financially if he didn't get his way and filed a lawsuit to get his way.

4th, he filed another lawsuit to cost the county more money when you defeated him in a close race.

5th, He STOLE the county's boat and other things that he allowed to sit on his property, and wanted an astronomical fee to return it.

6th, I know an officer that has worked cases of his and have heard him ranting about JT's lack of report writing skills or lack of writing reports, Don't know about that, but I am sure JB will.

7th, I know that many deputy's will leave the second he takes office and that puts us in worse shape than we already are.

8th, The evidence room was a joke as I here tell from when JT was in office, and when handed back over will go right back that way I am sure.

Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »
Missouri State Audit Report #2007-51 It may be viewed or copied at the Missouri State Auditor's website.
JB
Record keeping and disposal of property obtained by the former and current Sheriffs
through the Department of Defense (DOD) Excess Property Program do not appear
to be in accordance with DOD procedures. The DOD Excess Property Program
provides for the transfer of excess federal property to other agencies to be used in
law enforcement activities. This program is administered by the state Department of
Public Safety (DPS) which coordinates the transfer of property from the DOD to
local agencies.
1) Neither the former nor the current Sheriff provided an inventory listing of
federal property items to the County Clerk. Maintaining adequate property
records is necessary to ensure effective internal controls. Program guidelines
provide that the county must maintain records for all property acquired
through the program. Further, physical inventories of the property should be
performed to ensure the accuracy of the records, to ensure all property items
are accounted for, and to deter and detect theft.
2) In January 2006, the County Commission approved the sale of some property
items obtained through this program to the former Sheriff. A boat, motor,
boat trailer, and two cargo trailers were sold at the cost of $1 per item in lieu
of paying a bill received from the former Sheriff for storage of these items
totaling $4,245. There is no evidence the county requested or received
approval from DPS prior to disposing of this property as required by DOD
Excess Property Program guidelines. As a result, it does not appear the
County Commission had the authority to sell these property items.
In addition to noncompliance with DOD guidelines, there was no documentation of
the estimated value of the property. The county received a bill dated October 10,
2005, totaling $4,245 ($5 per day for the boat, motor, and boat trailer and for each of
the cargo trailers for January 2005 through September 2005 and 10 days of October
2005) from the former Sheriff for storage of the boat, motor, boat trailer, and two
cargo trailers. The bill indicated the property had been abandoned on the former
Sheriff’s property since January 1, 2005, and stated that he had informed the County
Commission, County Clerk, and Sheriff in March 2005 that if the items were not
removed a storage fee would be charged. There was no evidence provided that the
county had asked the former Sheriff to store the property. The January 2006 minutes
include an entry that an Associate Commissioner indicated the property was junk and
had been stored on the former Sheriff’s property.

Even the auditors said the whole transaction was shady
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 03:04:35 AM »
Maybe you should really think about the things that were done while he was in office.  I don't remember the numbers, but I know that there were supposedly numerous, numerous Meth lab bust under JT's administration as well.  I bet if you were to go to the State of Missouri and see how many were documented and turned in to the state the total is way different then was bragged about down at the local diner where he sat with buddies to eat.
Look at the mess JB was left with in the area of cars, he had the most modern fleet of Junkers on the road.  The evidence room was a joke, it was an open the door and throw evidence in before something fell on you room.  He thought he was allowed to dictate who could and could not get medical assistance.  I just talked to a Paramedic last week who was telling a story about JT refusing to let a guy go to the hospital because he was in custody and he was faking.  The inmate was in respiratory distress and almost died.  YOu can not do that, we can't afford another law suit, even if it isn't JT suing the county again trying to get his way or break the county for not letting him get his way. 
Michelle Joslin

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »
Wow lioness your on a roll  :yahoo:   :th_gen129:  You go girl.

Offline ThinkMan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 03:17:22 AM »
If he has done all this why should anyone vote for him..

Maybe you should really think about the things that were done while he was in office.  I don't remember the numbers, but I know that there were supposedly numerous, numerous Meth lab bust under JT's administration as well.  I bet if you were to go to the State of Missouri and see how many were documented and turned in to the state the total is way different then was bragged about down at the local diner where he sat with buddies to eat.
Look at the mess JB was left with in the area of cars, he had the most modern fleet of Junkers on the road.  The evidence room was a joke, it was an open the door and throw evidence in before something fell on you room.  He thought he was allowed to dictate who could and could not get medical assistance.  I just talked to a Paramedic last week who was telling a story about JT refusing to let a guy go to the hospital because he was in custody and he was faking.  The inmate was in respiratory distress and almost died.  YOu can not do that, we can't afford another law suit, even if it isn't JT suing the county again trying to get his way or break the county for not letting him get his way. 

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 03:55:34 AM »
 +_+_+ over 6350 people for him +_+_+

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 04:07:49 AM »
But he didn't win did he?
edward you don't have the sense God gave a redworm. ***(((*

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 04:13:47 AM »
Maynard you can kiss my you no  :police:

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 04:21:42 AM »
Maynard you can kiss my you no  :police:
         How would I do that ?
        You head is up you ass
   :jester: I do not suffer fools gladly :jester:

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »
Maynard, ignore the troll

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »
Thinkman, that is exactly my point, he has done nothing good for this county.  Why would I vote for someone that has done all that to the county and would cause the department to go backwards.

If he has done all this why should anyone vote for him..

Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »
Edward really, just because 6350 people voted for him doesn't mean we should vote him back in?  Hell look how many people voted for Obama, I know this is a bad question to ask you, but since he got enough votes to win, does that mean you want to vote him back in too?  I am scared that we can't take another 4 years with him, and he is a long way away, JT would be right here in the same county and can do just as much damage locally.

Michelle Joslin

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
 I like Ron Long. He has a lot of experience in LE and the fact that he hasn't been here, and is not one of the good ole boys or committee of fifty bone heads...is a huge plus in my view!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
Matrsnot Jim it is not nice to call names   have a good day

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
so far i dont like any off them. i also dont think it matters who gets it the good ole boy system never goes away!

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
This is a great thread as it provides good information on many of those who are running.  There seems to be alot of choices, when is the primary that will narrow down who is running?

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
Who is running against JT in the primary.  That's who I'm voting for!!!!  For gosh sakes, when he didn't win he was out to ruin the county, he now says he wants to protect, with law suits.  He was a terrible sheriff and as somebody else said, he spent  most of his time at the Star Cafe talking to his buddies.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
Bill Anderson is running in the democratic side against JT.  Neither one is suited to be Sheriff.