Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131140 times)

Offline lioness

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Since no one has any skeletons in the closet, I guess I will have to speak first.  I honestly was not trying to do bad here, I was trying to just find out the inevitable.  I heard a rumor that one candidate had actually went down to Texas himself to dig up dirt on another.  Everyone knows even the nicest race could get dirty when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

JT Roberts
I will Start with something we all know with the exception of Edward, and maybe we know why after MAynard found the stuff from Wayne Gifford the other night.  JT's moral compass doesn't seem to point anywhere in the northern hemisphere.  From what I have learned in this county and on this board, while some may only be rumor, much seems true the more I look into it.  We kow he took things from the county then tried to charge them an astrinomical fee to get it back.  No matter what he says, this is fact and there are audit records showing this.  From talking with other officers that worked under him, the evidence room was a joke, and rumors of some evidence disappearing have been around, in fact one officer I talked to told me a story that he had loaned a rifle to a friend that did somethign wrong and got the rifle taken.  When said officer "who was a 17 year old boy at the time" came to get teh gun, it was at JT's house and not at the office at all.  He believes if he had not had the serial number of the gun, he probably would not have gotten it back.

Bill Anderson
We all know Bill Anderson, he has been around here his whole life with the exception of his military career.  With that though you get the whole family favorites and I owe yous from the past.  He is a good guy, but why did the sheriff's office have such a problem with him, in fact several officers have been on here and threatedned to quit if he didn't leave and some did quit.  I would love to know why he left the office under what I understand was a forced resignation, in fact a favor form the sheriff to resign so he would not be fired.  What could he have done that was so bad to be forced to quit.  I won't speculate as I don't know, but something that is not real transparent is going on there, and JB might or might not be able to answer it.  AS I remember there was a young female deputy that left there right before that swore she was fired, but he swore she quit "did that have something to do with it" or was this just a final straw thing, or just a parting of ways thing, I don't know. 

Ronald Long
Not many of us know Ronald Long on here.  I know he has said he would do many things, he has not shown so much how he would do things, but from his past I am sure he has some ideas.  The thing that bothers me is he claims a 25 year resident, yet his first 24 or so years were here then he left and went to Texas.  I personally don't know the man, but I do see signs around.  I have seen him at a local watering hole but that is not against the law and he is a grown man.  I can't blame him for going down there and hanging out at Terry's as it is a nice place.  I have heard some disturbing gossip though, I don't have any idea if it is true or not, but supposedly he needs to air some laundry before someone else does.  There are rumors that if they come out as true I know for sure I don't want him as sheriff, his compass is right in  the same line as JT Roberts.  I know we all make mistakes, but you don't break laws that you swear to uphold, that would be like sleeping with a military spouse while her husband is deployed.  I won't say anythign abouthim though till I find out if the rumors are true

Johnny Burgess
Well most of us around here have know or known of Johnny Burgess for years.  I can't say to much about Johhny except he has taken my cloths off of me.  Well I should clarify that a little.  He took them off because I was a trauma patient.  Johnny is a good Paramedic and has been for years.  He has been in the Emergency services field for years, but how much of that has been in the Sheriffs office?  More than we think I am sure.  Johnny has some family issues, but who in the world doesn't, right!  The only problem with johnny, I am worried about how it will work with his wife working as a road officer.  I am sure he has a plan for her to be supervised by someone else or she will resign, don't know. 

Nick Pappas
Not many people around know Nick Pappas.  The only way I know him is he has talked to me at my home and at length.  I picked his brain and asked many, many questions.  I did find out he is a Missouri Native and was like Bill anderson gone for his military career.  The only thing was for the last part of his career, he was the Special Agent in Charge at Fort leonard Woods CID office, which is like a Sheriffs office kinda.  They are in charge of investigating criminal acts much like the Sheriff department.  He has many specialized training that would be good just like some of the other candidates.  He doesn't have much history that I can find out about him though, he has either stayed out of trouble or been a quite guy about it.  Mr. Pappas seemed like a gentleman even though you could tell he was extremely hot and tired and it must have been 103 degrees and he had been out in this stuff all day talking to people.  I would love to give you something about him other than what he told me ( which were some great ideas, time will tell) but I don't know much about him nor have I heard any gossip around town on him. 

Just my two cents and my own opinion here, nothing 100% founded, just things I found online, heard through the grape vine, or from reporters I have talked to. 

Michelle Joslin

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
Some of that is old news, some of that is very, very interesting and would like to know more. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »
Lioness: most everything we read on PWC is hearsay but that doesn't mean its not true.
I like the way you go after things and your humorous innuendo
That Johnny Burgess has seen you naked! LOL (lucky guy)
Just keep looking and keep posting  :th_gen129: 
One more thing Johnny Burgess's initials are JB.... :{:{:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »
Since no one has any skeletons in the closet, I guess I will have to speak first.  I honestly was not trying to do bad here, I was trying to just find out the inevitable.  I heard a rumor that one candidate had actually went down to Texas himself to dig up dirt on another.  Everyone knows even the nicest race could get dirty when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

JT Roberts
I will Start with something we all know with the exception of Edward, and maybe we know why after MAynard found the stuff from Wayne Gifford the other night.  JT's moral compass doesn't seem to point anywhere in the northern hemisphere.  From what I have learned in this county and on this board, while some may only be rumor, much seems true the more I look into it.  We kow he took things from the county then tried to charge them an astrinomical fee to get it back.  No matter what he says, this is fact and there are audit records showing this.  From talking with other officers that worked under him, the evidence room was a joke, and rumors of some evidence disappearing have been around, in fact one officer I talked to told me a story that he had loaned a rifle to a friend that did somethign wrong and got the rifle taken.  When said officer "who was a 17 year old boy at the time" came to get teh gun, it was at JT's house and not at the office at all.  He believes if he had not had the serial number of the gun, he probably would not have gotten it back.

Bill Anderson
We all know Bill Anderson, he has been around here his whole life with the exception of his military career.  With that though you get the whole family favorites and I owe yous from the past.  He is a good guy, but why did the sheriff's office have such a problem with him, in fact several officers have been on here and threatedned to quit if he didn't leave and some did quit.  I would love to know why he left the office under what I understand was a forced resignation, in fact a favor form the sheriff to resign so he would not be fired.  What could he have done that was so bad to be forced to quit.  I won't speculate as I don't know, but something that is not real transparent is going on there, and JB might or might not be able to answer it.  AS I remember there was a young female deputy that left there right before that swore she was fired, but he swore she quit "did that have something to do with it" or was this just a final straw thing, or just a parting of ways thing, I don't know. 

Ronald Long
Not many of us know Ronald Long on here.  I know he has said he would do many things, he has not shown so much how he would do things, but from his past I am sure he has some ideas.  The thing that bothers me is he claims a 25 year resident, yet his first 24 or so years were here then he left and went to Texas.  I personally don't know the man, but I do see signs around.  I have seen him at a local watering hole but that is not against the law and he is a grown man.  I can't blame him for going down there and hanging out at Terry's as it is a nice place.  I have heard some disturbing gossip though, I don't have any idea if it is true or not, but supposedly he needs to air some laundry before someone else does.  There are rumors that if they come out as true I know for sure I don't want him as sheriff, his compass is right in  the same line as JT Roberts.  I know we all make mistakes, but you don't break laws that you swear to uphold, that would be like sleeping with a military spouse while her husband is deployed.  I won't say anythign abouthim though till I find out if the rumors are true

Johnny Burgess
Well most of us around here have know or known of Johnny Burgess for years.  I can't say to much about Johhny except he has taken my cloths off of me.  Well I should clarify that a little.  He took them off because I was a trauma patient.  Johnny is a good Paramedic and has been for years.  He has been in the Emergency services field for years, but how much of that has been in the Sheriffs office?  More than we think I am sure.  Johnny has some family issues, but who in the world doesn't, right!  The only problem with johnny, I am worried about how it will work with his wife working as a road officer.  I am sure he has a plan for her to be supervised by someone else or she will resign, don't know. 

Nick Pappas
Not many people around know Nick Pappas.  The only way I know him is he has talked to me at my home and at length.  I picked his brain and asked many, many questions.  I did find out he is a Missouri Native and was like Bill anderson gone for his military career.  The only thing was for the last part of his career, he was the Special Agent in Charge at Fort leonard Woods CID office, which is like a Sheriffs office kinda.  They are in charge of investigating criminal acts much like the Sheriff department.  He has many specialized training that would be good just like some of the other candidates.  He doesn't have much history that I can find out about him though, he has either stayed out of trouble or been a quite guy about it.  Mr. Pappas seemed like a gentleman even though you could tell he was extremely hot and tired and it must have been 103 degrees and he had been out in this stuff all day talking to people.  I would love to give you something about him other than what he told me ( which were some great ideas, time will tell) but I don't know much about him nor have I heard any gossip around town on him. 

Just my two cents and my own opinion here, nothing 100% founded, just things I found online, heard through the grape vine, or from reporters I have talked to.
I am just adding this so you can't remove it.
Also what ever you have heard about me is a lie  :wink1a:   :karma:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:12 AM »
Reference the post by lioness there is a lot I could say. But one issue raised touches one of my deputies and I will talk on that issue. Linda Burgess has turned into an outstanding deputy. We do not need to lose her service. But the Missouri nepotism law bears on her employment. Right now there are two camps of thought. One stance is that since I hired her she is grandfathered in the system and Johnny would not have to fire her if elected. The second stance is that no; since Johnny would in effect have to recommission her upon taking office, all commissions issued by me expire at midnight 12-31-2012, that in effect he would have hired her.

If he hires his wife in violation of the RSMO he will be removed from office by the AG. This part is set in stone.

So in an effort to resolve this; I, repeat I, have asked the PA office here to request an Attorney General opinion on the issue. Since in effect the AG opinion is simply the opinion of one attorney that may not settle the issue.

JB

Offline NPappas

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »
The answer would be no.  I have no criminal history.  I did get a speeding ticket in Waynesville back in 2006 when I first returned to the area.  I was coming down the hill on 17 from the Buckhorn area and a Waynesville patrolman was coming from the opposite direction and turned on his lights after he passed the car in front of me, when I looked down I noticed I was speeding.   I pulled over and waited for him to get turned around.  I knew I was wrong.  I was enjoying the cool spring day and the drive and didn’t look at my speed.  I did not ask anyone to get me out of the ticket, I didn’t complain, I didn’t identify myself as a law enforcement officer, I didn’t ask why he would write a cop a ticket, I simply signed it and paid my fine.  I am human and I made a mistake.  My wife of 23 years rubbed it in a little since she has never had so much as a parking ticket but beyond that my record is clean.  While in the military I had a Top Secret clearance and did not risk any type of behavior that would jeopardize that or my career nor will I now. 

Ok, I am going to ask this now before it comes out from other candiates later in the election process or when it closer to election time!  As a political candidate you are always going to have rumors and anything you have done dug out of the closet and aired for public humility.  What is going to come out of the closet in the future (as it always seems to around election time), Have you been accused of stealing, have you been accused of bribery, Ever had a DWI, things ever been asked to remove yourself because your leadership is not good, Ever had your license revoked?  Basically things that will be used against you or could make a voter feel there is reason to believe your integrity is in question, or on the other side might show oyu are human and make mistakes too.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
Mr. Pappas I would not consider a speeding ticket by any means a problem with integrity, that is a way of showing you are human and get distracted like every other person on earth.  Thank you for letting us know you are human, as I completely missed that on Case net.  By stepping up and being honest about it though it shows you want transparency and even though it doesnt show up on Case net you offered to let us know about it. 
Michelle Joslin

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »

Hi Everyone,

FYI

I met Mr. Pappas briefly yesterday, when I stopped by the Republican Headquarters office on the Square. It has recently occupied the space between the Prugh and Lowe law offices. Although I did not have time to talk with him at length, I found that he was warm, friendly, and sociable.

[size=78%]He told me that he was going to be at a "Meet the Candidate" function at 7:30. The function is NOT for the Sheriffs candidates but for some other candidate running for a different office that I cant remember at this moment, sorry.[/size]

Below is information from the sign posted on the door regarding hours of operation for the Republican Headquarters Office:

GRAND OPENING July 21st 12:00 - 4:00PM

Regular Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Does anyone know where the headquarters for the democratic party is located?

Thanks,
Jax

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nick-Pappas-for-Pulaski-County-Sheriff/332287950148196?ref=ts

Offline oneandoneonly

• Don't like me? I really don't care!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »
I prefer to spend the money locally but in all fairness it truly depends on the amount of savings.  The department operates on a minimal budget so we do have to watch our money closely but the bottom line is I will spend every dime I feasibly can in the county to support our local business owners.

Thanks to NPappas for answering my question. This question seems to tough for the other candidates to answer....

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »
Sorry I have been off line for a little while.

First I believe that whenever possible the tax payers money should be spent with the local businesses. I purchased all of my signs and other materials at Lone Oak Printing not only because Tim is a friend but it was here locally. Pulaski County Ambulance has done that for as long as I can remember whenever it was possible. I see no reason to change that as long as it is not a large difference in price.

Second as far as crimes or other things from my past nothing comes to mind other than I drove to fast in my youth. I can't think of anything else.

JB

Offline BreweR

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
I chuckled when I read that Mr. Pappas worked at CID on FLW... I sure hope he was not there in the late 80's as that office was incompetent and shady.  I have first hand knowledge of some of the idiotic things that came out of that office

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
 First of all, I want to give a note of “thanks” to my supporters and also reflect how much I appreciate the questions coming in via e-mail and personal contact. I am finding that campaigning can be a very enjoyable experience, in which I am meeting a lot of great people, reacquainting myself with old friends, along with forming many new relationships. On a different note, during an election year politicians can expect debate and discussion but should not have to tolerate libel and slander. It’s time to address some of the nonsense being spread.

The first item I will address is I have never committed any type of crime, period. Those needing verification or documentation, for a very minor fee most states (including Missouri and Texas) have an official state owned database that supplies criminal history information. They are simple to access and very reasonable in their fees, and these types of checks do not require any written consent from anyone, unlike a few other types of inquiries (i.e. SSN, Credit). Just review the record “closely” to confirm you have the correct person!

If you are in the mode of researching government records, I might also recommend reviewing Missouri CaseNet records, along with the Western Missouri Federal Court files. I personally have found some interesting reading there. Be prepared though, this can take some time!

Regarding my prior work record, it reflects many achievements and that I left all agencies in good standing and in a “re-hirable” position. On my web-site you will find references and testimonies from previous employers and officials who were associated with my professional experiences.

In the Documents section of my web-site (www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff), I have an official state report from Texas reflecting my approximately 26 years of law enforcement service there, along with some of my license designations

I also have a copy of my “Class A” Missouri Peace Officers license in the Document section of my web-site, reflecting I am eligible to work in ANY law enforcement agency in Missouri. 

For those few concerned about me visiting a local grill on occasion, the owner has been my personal friend since our law enforcement days in the late 70’s and early 80’s. This man had a very successful law enforcement career in our state and occasionally we are able to meet up and reflect the “good old days”. I will make no excuses for visiting my friend at his establishment, just as other community business, government and military leaders do on a daily basis.

My personal life is per say, my personal life, and will remain private. I conduct my life in nothing less than a respectful manner, as many have witnessed at community, school and church events. My children are either in college or serving our country in the U.S. Marine Corps, therefore; freeing up more time for me to serve Pulaski County. Another reflection of my values is the amount of time I volunteer to my community. For the past three years I have done this by means of involving myself in several community service organizations, along with giving Drug Awareness and Prevention classes to Waynesville school students, churches and civic organizations. Some of these classes are done with support from the sheriff, who has generously donated drug prevention magazines and other literature for those attending. An old saying reflects that one can usually judge how a politician will do when elected, by how he/she has served their community prior to talking office. So, ask your politician what they have done to help their community lately!

When I chose to run for sheriff and made it public, I was told by many local citizens that my professional experiences, especially in the field of drug enforcement and organized crime, would be a threat to those who have had their foothold in these illegal elements in our county. I was also warned that despite announcing my candidacy one year ago, severe personal attacks would surface just before the election by some who are associated with these activities. I am not saying this is the reason for all personal attacks but can logically assume this is a possibility for some of them.  So when you hear or read these slanderous statements please consider the source, the purpose and the validity of the information.

Finally, last year I posted a web-site which contains a lot of information about my professional background and self. I have been “very open” with my campaign and have conducted it in a professional manner. However, when one hears nothing but slander and negativity from a politician, this is usually a diversionary tactic because of his/her personal or political history. Therefore, I would recommend for all to research your candidates so an informed decision can be made.

Once again, my web-site is [font=]www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com[/font][font=], which contains personal and professional information, along with other avenues of contact.[/font]

Thanks again for your support and allowing me this opportunity. Much appreciation goes to Rick Lepard for giving us such a great media outlet. Also, don’t forget to vote on August 7th.  I am looking forward to the possibility of becoming the new Pulaski County sheriff, so would really appreciate your vote!

Ron

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
I was in Dixon today there were a lot of JT SIGNS and  Ron Long signs.  I did not see that many of the other canidates signs.

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2012, 03:33:55 AM »
This is not a put down on any one particular candidate, but have you looked, and I mean really looked where some of these signs are at.  I was looking when I drove around yesterday, and I know for  a fact that a couple of the signs I saw were at peoples house that are no longer allowed to vote do to convictions of drugs and or other convictions.  I guess they can have a wish for who will be busting them next time, or maybe they got their rights back or even straightened their life out, but I was kinda shocked where many signs were.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2012, 04:07:44 AM »
I have to say I guess I must have upset some people judging from the couple of messages I received!  I am sorry I upset you, but I was asking some important questions.  If I am going to vote or a candidate, I want to know their version of what happened and If the rumor is floating around, I believe they should at least know that it is floating around, and for some candidates I am assuming the opposing party thinks you are the top dog to beat because it seems like the donkey's don't want the elephants to win!  I post what I post because all should hear what I am hearing on the street and at least get their side of the story out.  If what I have to say offends someone, then I am sorry, but I am allowed to share my thoughts, AND I BELIEVE I WAS VERY CLEAR THAT IT WAS MY OPINION AND ALL HEARSAY, but I want to hear from the horses mouth it is true or not true.  I just believe if you are running for office that you should be able to answer it publicly and get everything in the clear right up front.  I asked in open forum to clear things up and not one person posted anything.  I waited for two entire days before I posted any comments after asking.     I simply posted things that I had found and heard about on the street from various people.  I posted things that I have been told by people that have held positions in this county before.  I did NOT comment on anything that is not public information, nor did I say anything that was wrong to my knowledge, and I said it was all HEARSAY.  I am wondering though who is actually a master peace officer, or an instructor in the State of Missouri.  I have only read a few of the candidates that are.   
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
Forgot a few questions before I hit post.   

Ron Long, you have a lot of certifications, but do they cross over the state lines to make them worth anything in Missouri?  Since you state that you have had the life long dream of being pulaski county sheriff, why have you not offered your time like the other 2 republican candidates or the one democratic candidate?  Would this not help give you an idea of what is taking place in this county?  Have you asked for a commission or has the current sheriff offered you one?  I just think it would behoove you to work in the county at least a little bit and help it out.  I watched a guy come to  a fire the other night that I know works many, many hours supporting his family at a regular job, come out the other night working his but off for free for the county.  He was trying to find some kids that appeared to have set something on fire by himself.  This is not what he wanted to be doing obviously the way he was dressed, (which is a whole different story)  but he saw need to help out since he was in the area and tried to help find these kids.  If you win what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, how do you plan to do it?

JT Roberts, I have not found a website for you to get you information on, but what do you have in ways of licenses?  As I understand, you must keep a law enforcement job or you will lose your post certification at 5 years without one, is that correct?  Have you maintained a job as an officer somewhere?  Why should we the people elect you after the incident with the boat and other things you kept from the county?
If you do win what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, how do intend to do it?
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »
Bill Anderson, It is obvious that your credentials are outstanding, the only question I have for you is why did you leave the sheriff's department?  You left, were you asked to leave or did you leave on your own free will?  Why were the deputy's revolting against you?  What happens if you win and go back in there, will the office be very short handed from people quitting like they threatened to the last time?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?

Nick Pappas, We know that you hold a current position at the sheriffs office and at Richland and it is obvious you have good credentials for the state of Missouri, but your original background was in the military.  Do you have the knowledge to run the department the way it should?  How did running the CID office compare to running a sheriffs department.  As I understand it, you are the chief of the detective division at the Sheriffs office now, if you were to win, is there someone who can step up and take your place?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?

The other JB, Johnny Burgess, We all know that you have a great history in EMS, but it has been in the emergency medicine side of things, how is that going to work for you on the LE side of things?  What training have you had that will make you stand out and allow you to run the Sheriff department?  You still have not answered the question that was asked about working with your wife, this is not trying to cause problems, this is a question that I have heard on the street and it is a real question.  How do you intend to handle that if you were to win?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?
Michelle Joslin

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2012, 05:27:31 AM »

We noticed and we also noticed that none of his supporters can post one single positive thing he has done in the past. They have been asked now by several people on here and no responses at all.
Ed Should know...lol
Biscuit

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
8898 views tells me that a lot of voters are taking this election seriously.

Think Pulaski County and surrounding counties don't have a problem: $450.000.00 removed from a storage facility after a drug raid in Pulaski County...

We have serious issues here and I for one, would like to hear some serious plans for cleaning up this plague in our community..

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
8898 views tells me that a lot of voters are taking this election seriously.

Think Pulaski County and surrounding counties don't have a problem: $450.000.00 removed from a storage facility after a drug raid in Pulaski County...

We have serious issues here and I for one, would like to hear some serious plans for cleaning up this plague in our community..

This is why I am so insistent on finding out who the best candidate is.  I want to hear plans, not just I will do this, I could tell you I will pull a gold bar out of my backside, but till it happens, it is just more BS.
Michelle Joslin

Offline NPappas

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
I guess the best way to start is by describing my duties when I was the Special Agent in Charge and our authority.  CID Agents are accredited federal law enforcement agents much like the DEA, ATF, NCIS, Air Force Office of Special Investigation (AFOIS) and other federal law enforcement officers but our jurisdiction covers the Army.  The area of responsibility for the Fort Leonard Wood office covered everything south of I-70 from the Kansas border to the Illinois border, five counties into Illinois, and 67 counties into Arkansas. 
I was responsible for all administrative functions such as personnel actions/evaluations, case review, investigative process and quality, prioritization of work, budget (albeit not as complex or as large the sheriff’s department), fleet maintenance and upkeep, as well as all other office operations.
I had to cover this area with 13 Agents which included me and this was more often done than not with about 50% percent staff due to deployments, etc. I am used to working with limited resources and understand how to prioritize work to get the job done.  When needed I can get out there and work the field and provide oversight.  I have no problems with getting my hands dirty alongside the deputies.   
Yes I believe I have the knowledge to run the department in an efficient and effective manner.  I am familiar with the deputies, jailers, dispatchers, and their capabilities as well as other department operations and understand where we need to focus our efforts.  Do I know everything, no.  I am not afraid to say “I don’t know” and I will research the issues that may arise and develop a course of action that is legal and best suited to address the problem. I believe I have strong management skills and the experience that will lead the department in the right direction.
There are a couple of people that are well suited to handle the detective division and I will discuss that with them when the time arises.  If they decline the position then myself and the chief deputy will continue to oversee the detectives until a suitable replacement is found.
Drugs plays a major issue in more than one area.  Many of our residential burglaries are drug related as well as thefts from our local businesses.  We have to focus our efforts in a more concentrated manner.  I would like to hire a full time narcotics officer who will be the focal point of all drug investigations.  This individual will gather the information that is obtained by the deputies, from his/her own work and from others, conduct the investigations, and work with our fellow law enforcement agencies to attack the drug issue.  I also want to start an intelligence program where all information is gathered, analyzed, and shared accordingly with the appropriate agencies.  Knowledge is power but it does not do any good if it is not shared with those who need it and investigating narcotic violations is best done when everyone is on board and working together.  An intelligence program is not expensive and a narcotics officer, road deputy, or a reserve can be trained in how to perform it.  I already have intelligence software for performing this task and am trained and experienced in this area. When done properly you can build stronger cases against suspects and this can often lead to cases that extend beyond our own borders.  There are law enforcement agencies that are willing to provide intelligence training for no or minimal costs and this is something I would pursue.  This same effort can be used for more than just drugs but other crimes as well and can be a valuable tool in our efforts to protect our community.
I would also encourage the community to provide information.  We have a tip line and you can remain anonymous.  We cannot see everything and citizens are a wealth of knowledge.  What may seem like a worthless piece of information may be but one part of a puzzle.  This goes back to intelligence analysis and with the help of the community and a more focused effort we can make a positive difference. 

Bill Anderson, It is obvious that your credentials are outstanding, the only question I have for you is why did you leave the sheriff's department?  You left, were you asked to leave or did you leave on your own free will?  Why were the deputy's revolting against you?  What happens if you win and go back in there, will the office be very short handed from people quitting like they threatened to the last time?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?

Nick Pappas, We know that you hold a current position at the sheriffs office and at Richland and it is obvious you have good credentials for the state of Missouri, but your original background was in the military.  Do you have the knowledge to run the department the way it should?  How did running the CID office compare to running a sheriffs department.  As I understand it, you are the chief of the detective division at the Sheriffs office now, if you were to win, is there someone who can step up and take your place?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?

The other JB, Johnny Burgess, We all know that you have a great history in EMS, but it has been in the emergency medicine side of things, how is that going to work for you on the LE side of things?  What training have you had that will make you stand out and allow you to run the Sheriff department?  You still have not answered the question that was asked about working with your wife, this is not trying to cause problems, this is a question that I have heard on the street and it is a real question.  How do you intend to handle that if you were to win?  If you win, what do you intend to do about the drug problem in this county, and how?

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
since you brought up the drug problem. what are you guys going to do about it? simple facts are unless we figure out away to rehabilitate these people the drug problems will continue to grow. of course if it wasnt for these people L.E. wouldnt have much to do. in the last 15 years or so i have lost about 12 freinds from high school to heroin and meth overdoeses and it makes me sick to hear l.e. bragging about a drug bust when all they got was a bag of weed. so what is the new sheriff going to do about the massive heroin and meth problem this county has?

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »
since you brought up the drug problem. what are you guys going to do about it? simple facts are unless we figure out away to rehabilitate these people the drug problems will continue to grow. of course if it wasnt for these people L.E. wouldnt have much to do. in the last 15 years or so i have lost about 12 freinds from high school to heroin and meth overdoeses and it makes me sick to hear l.e. bragging about a drug bust when all they got was a bag of weed. so what is the new sheriff going to do about the massive heroin and meth problem this county has?

It takes help from you and the rest of us for any LE to crack down on the drugs in this county. They have no wedgie board. If folks would report what they see, I bet a big dent would be put into that trade. See some thing and just say it ain't right and should be stopped doesn't fix nothing.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
Ed Should know...lol

JB answered the question on working with my wife in that as soon as the attorney general makes his decision known then I will follow his legal opinion, she is aware of that. Some places put in a hiring board/promotions board that makes those decisions, they are half police officers and half citizens of the community. Other department have father/son, husband/wife in the same department without issue. There would be at least 2 supervisors between her and I. As long as actions follow department policy then it should not be an issue at work. Now at home that may be a whole other thing.

The drug problem is not going to go away anytime soon. For the first time in a long time agencies in this area are focused and working together and have had a lot of success. All of the cities and the counties in out area are working well and moderate to large arrests have happened and are still happening as we speak. Officers form waynesville are assisting lebanon, phelps-pulaski-laclede-camden are working together through mutual aid agreements and continual partnerships to slow and hopefully stop the flow of narcotic and prescription drugs in our area. This has to continue and grow to even larger areas of our state. That is what I want to continue. I also want to place one officer as an intelligence officer to coordinate all the information the the road officers gather and put it back out as organized information to all of the other agencies.

Cooperation at and with all levels of law enforcement is a priority. No one department can stop drug trafficking it will take all of the agencies in our area and the public to make this happen. We receive tips and information everyday on new locations. But it takes time to free up an officer for long periods of time to gather the facts and get the warrants to makes arrests.

Lebanon PD came done two days ago and we assisted them in taking two into custody and back to lebanon, inter-agency cooperation is the key to success and i will foster the growth of that spirit of cooperation.

My experience was a question I believe. I started at the sheriff's office the first year JT was there and have remained through JB's 8 years. I have also worked hand in hand with all the departments as a paramedic and we cover a lot of the same ground. For most of my time at the sheriff's office I have been PCERT (SWAT). It was to my advantage to remain in the background as we were involve in serving high risk warrants and arrests. Not having everyone know that I am an officer was to my advantage. Since December I have been the PCERT team leader and having filed for sheriff I have put my face out there and the secret is out.

I am not posting anything on missions or raids as there are still ongoing investigations and I will not endanger the work of other officers.

I hope that answered your questions fully if not fire away. As your possible candidate I should have your full confidence. I will be back online monday

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2012, 12:44:58 AM »
GO JT  :th_police:

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2012, 12:49:28 AM »
Edward if JT is so great while he not come on here and defend his actions?
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2012, 01:29:37 AM »
So why is it that only 2 candidates will come on here and answer questions.  There seems to be almost as much transparency as with our presidential cabinet right now.  Questions that are being asked are legitimate questions and the voters of this county deserve to know.  I want to think Burgess and Pappas for coming on here and answering the questions that have been asked.  For the other 3 candidates, please feel free to jump in here and prove me wrong and answer the questions that people have.  I have had several people request that I ask these questions to the candidates and can get no reply.
Michelle Joslin

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2012, 05:51:36 AM »
I have come to the conclusion Edward is JT or his only friend. He has no good things to say about his QUALIFICATIONS.....The GOOD HE HAS DONE FOR THE COMMUNITY, Nor has he spitted a single word of intelligence about his favorite candidate. Seems Shady to have some shmuck post go JT.....every 5 posts or so....lol. JT Lacks the cahones to come on here and debate anything......so he dont get my vote. Also I seen what he has done to this county. hes a sore loser, throws 2 year old fits that cost Us money......hes Not what we want.....Croneyism is out the door. We have an awesome sheriff with no recources and the next one will face the same situation. My vote is for the man I know has the qualifications, Teaches the qualifications, and is what we need in this county.. And I know even If I screw up he wont blink twice about charging me with the crime. Thats the Sheriff we need. We dont need croneys, friends, and good ol boys....we need a sheriff.
Biscuit

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »
So why is no candidates coming on here and talking about the "false rumors" about them and showing they are not going to steal, or sue us blind, why have they not come on here and explained why they are not at the Sheriffs Office anymore, why have they not come on here and showed us that they are not the person that is accused of refusal to blow, or rumored to have an affair with a soldiers wife while he was deployed?  I just don't understand, I have had one with enough gonads to contact me by personal message, but not put out the details on here so, where are you all at?  I know Ron, Bill, and JT all watch and read this often so here is your personal invite to come on here and win my vote!
Michelle Joslin

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »
If a person is running for sheriff and is not already sheriff...they have to bow out until the election is over. Otherwise based on all the law enforcement officers running, they could sway votes by letting people go when guilty or there could be un needed drama and B.S. in the ranks of the Department itself. Its just common sense to have them bow out till the election is over.
Biscuit