Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131323 times)

Offline mo-abc

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

From what I read here I think Anderson left because of the drama and bs he caused in the department. He was the one all the deputies were complaining about in that letter. Then he left, interesting. Even if that was not the reason, someone who can't work with their co-workers is NOT the person I want for Sheriff.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »

Meet the Sheriff Candidates: William “Bill” AndersonThis is the fourth in a series of profiles of candidates for Pulaski County Sheriff.
By Rachel ParksSpecial tot the Daily GuidePosted Jul 26, 2012 @ 12:00 PMClick link for photo and Question and answershttp://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/features/x691234554/Meet-the-Sheriff-Candidates-William-Bill-Anderson

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »

Meet the Sheriff Candidates: J.T. RobertsThis is the first in a series of profiles of candidates for Pulaski County SheriffBy Rachel ParksSpecial to the Daily GuidePosted Jul 21, 2012 @ 12:00 PMFor Photo and Question and answers click on linkhttp://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/homepage/x691231586/Meet-the-Sheriff-Candidates-J-T-Roberts
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2012, 09:35:20 PM »
Meet the Sheriff Candidates: Nick Pappas
 This is the second in a series of profiles of candidates for Pulaski County SheriffBy Rachel ParksSpecial to the Daily GuidePosted Jul 24, 2012 @ 12:00 PMFor Photo and Question and answers... Click linkhttp://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/homepage/x691233145/Meet-the-Sheriff-Candidates-Nick-Pappas

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
 It appears the ole “misinformation monster” has raised its ugly head once again.  Rumors being put forth is that I am being accused of committing a DUI crime in Texas. Apparently, the individual(s) promoting this mis-information failed to conduct their research into the case, therefore; leading some readers down a path of deception. Once again, I have to take the time from reaching out to my community to deal with such deceit but I guess that is part of their plan.

After being notified of the situation (state of Texas vs. Ronald J. Long - #C-1-CV-08-007982), it took approximately 15 minutes to obtain all of the information needed to have the identification of the individual involved in this case (which is not me), along with case documents from the Travis County Clerk’s Office being faxed to me. Here are a few of the many discrepancies this case has:
  • The person in this case has a different name than mine. He is Ronald James Long.
  • Ronald James is older than me.
  • The physical description is very different.
  • It shows Ronald James living in Illinois and working some in Houston. For those unclear about this, I live in Pulaski County.
  • The actual conviction for the other individual’s case was when I was working with the Travis County Sheriff’s Office, and I continued my commission there for about two more years.
Simple conclusion; the person who obtained this information, along with the one(s) promoting it, were either incapable of conducting a proper investigation or intentionally did this out of desperation and malice. When one does this with no regard for their friends, neighbors and community, I would guess the true motive is probably desperation and malice. And please don’t confuse freedom of speech with dirty politics and libel/slander. When addressing these same issues last week on here, I informed readers how to run a state background check (including Texas) and asked all to make sure they had the correct person/identification when doing so. Apparently, some chose not to do this but I would like to thank those who took the time to check into this false allegation and verify it was a different person.

For those few who insists on being invovled in my personal activities, once again I will not discuss my personal  life on here but last I checked, it is acceptable to date a divorce woman in our country.

One last item, most of the candidates in this year’s race for our state and county offices should be applauded for running such an honest and respectful campaign. These are the candidates that our Pulaski County voters are hopefully focusing on. Remember, how a person runs their campaign is usually reflective of how they will run their office.

I am attaching the document I receive from Travis County which clears me of this allegation.

Enjoy your day, stay positive and honest and don’t forget to make it to the polls August the 7th. And once again, a vote for Ronald JAY Long, Republican candidate for Pulaski County Sheriff would be greatly appreciated!

Ron

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2012, 12:37:50 AM »

Did you forget to attach the documents from Travis county?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2012, 12:46:52 AM »
Having already, several days ago, examined the documents mentioned, the hardship drivers license document shown in this case is clearly that of a commercial driver operating between Illinois & Texas on a regular schedule. Also the signature on the court document does not match a sample of Ron's signature that I have in my possession. FYI.
JB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:25 AM »
The document from the Travis County Texas reflecting that I AM NOT the person listed in this court case, it too large to download here or on my web-site. If you are interested in reviewing it, either send me your e-mail address or personally contact the Travis County Court Clerks office... Thank you.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »
The document from the Travis County Texas reflecting that I AM NOT the person listed in this court case, it too large to download here or on my web-site. If you are interested in reviewing it, either send me your e-mail address or personally contact the Travis County Court Clerks office... Thank you.
It don't matter to me one way or another, I was just pointing out that you said you were attaching documents and you didn't. I thought you just forgot.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »
You are getting the same treatment as the republican candidate for president. Dam shame folks can't run on their record!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »
Rumor mill. Will screw you every time. .
Biscuit

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »
I am glad you brought that out in the open and gave us the full story on that Ron.  I appreciate you taking the time to show us that wasn't you and to bring that all out in the open.  I know that I was one of your bigger opposition because of it, but It makes me happy to know that it is untrue.  I was afraid it was going to be you and I wanted to vote for you, but maybe it HAS all been a smear campaign from the other side. 

Anyhow, Thank you for stepping up and addressing the issue publicly and putting it behind you!  Now if I could just get the other two candidates to do the same. Stockman its in your ball park, Edward if you are not JT, this would be a good time to get your little buddy up and talk about the issues at hand. 

It appears the ole “misinformation monster” has raised its ugly head once again.  Rumors being put forth is that I am being accused of committing a DUI crime in Texas. Apparently, the individual(s) promoting this mis-information failed to conduct their research into the case, therefore; leading some readers down a path of deception. Once again, I have to take the time from reaching out to my community to deal with such deceit but I guess that is part of their plan.

After being notified of the situation (state of Texas vs. Ronald J. Long - #C-1-CV-08-007982), it took approximately 15 minutes to obtain all of the information needed to have the identification of the individual involved in this case (which is not me), along with case documents from the Travis County Clerk’s Office being faxed to me. Here are a few of the many discrepancies this case has:
  • The person in this case has a different name than mine. He is Ronald James Long.
  • Ronald James is older than me.
  • The physical description is very different.
  • It shows Ronald James living in Illinois and working some in Houston. For those unclear about this, I live in Pulaski County.
  • The actual conviction for the other individual’s case was when I was working with the Travis County Sheriff’s Office, and I continued my commission there for about two more years.
Simple conclusion; the person who obtained this information, along with the one(s) promoting it, were either incapable of conducting a proper investigation or intentionally did this out of desperation and malice. When one does this with no regard for their friends, neighbors and community, I would guess the true motive is probably desperation and malice. And please don’t confuse freedom of speech with dirty politics and libel/slander. When addressing these same issues last week on here, I informed readers how to run a state background check (including Texas) and asked all to make sure they had the correct person/identification when doing so. Apparently, some chose not to do this but I would like to thank those who took the time to check into this false allegation and verify it was a different person.

For those few who insists on being invovled in my personal activities, once again I will not discuss my personal  life on here but last I checked, it is acceptable to date a divorce woman in our country.

One last item, most of the candidates in this year’s race for our state and county offices should be applauded for running such an honest and respectful campaign. These are the candidates that our Pulaski County voters are hopefully focusing on. Remember, how a person runs their campaign is usually reflective of how they will run their office.

I am attaching the document I receive from Travis County which clears me of this allegation.

Enjoy your day, stay positive and honest and don’t forget to make it to the polls August the 7th. And once again, a vote for Ronald JAY Long, Republican candidate for Pulaski County Sheriff would be greatly appreciated!

Ron

Michelle Joslin

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »
I am glad you brought that out in the open and gave us the full story on that Ron.  I appreciate you taking the time to show us that wasn't you and to bring that all out in the open.  I know that I was one of your bigger opposition because of it, but It makes me happy to know that it is untrue.  I was afraid it was going to be you and I wanted to vote for you, but maybe it HAS all been a smear campaign from the other side. 

Anyhow, Thank you for stepping up and addressing the issue publicly and putting it behind you!  Now if I could just get the other two candidates to do the same. Stockman its in your ball park, Edward if you are not JT, this would be a good time to get your little buddy up and talk about the issues at hand. 

So, now that Ron Long has cleared up the rumor mill... care to share with us who started these nice attacks on Mr. Long?  THAT would be a GREAT PSA for those who haven't made their minds up yet... someone who would spread false rumors during a campaign is NOT someone I will be voting for.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »
So, now that Ron Long has cleared up the rumor mill... care to share with us who started these nice attacks on Mr. Long?  THAT would be a GREAT PSA for those who haven't made their minds up yet... someone who would spread false rumors during a campaign is NOT someone I will be voting for.
This Is Just a "RUMOR" but I heard It was someone who uses initials for a name and one of them is not a B.... :shame:
REPEAT: JUST A RUMOR :th_thwhistling:

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »
just wanted to say J.T. roberts stopped by my neck of the woods yesterday and was kind of disrespectfull and acting like he already had the job. we have a bad house in our neihbor hood . he handed my wife his election card and informed her he wasnt their to yell at her he just wanted information on where boo lived. when i came around the corner of the garage she yelled for me to come deal with him since she didnt have a clue what he was talking about.he asked me the same thing but he was smart enough not to be aggressive with me. just wanted to let you all know he is a creepy old man and my gut says elected crook from the word go. i dont know who he thought he was dealing with when he walkd up to the house but he knew who he was dealing with when he left.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »
This Is Just a "RUMOR" but I heard It was someone who uses initials for a name and one of them is not a B.... :shame:
REPEAT: JUST A RUMOR :th_thwhistling:
You are 100% correct my friend, It got to me through 2 people coming from that set of initials.  There are some other rumors that didn't come from those initials, but those are between me and a candidate, especially since this one was proved a rumor.  I was afraid it would turn out to be him and he was going to confess after the primary or general.  But to the whole world RONALD LONG I AM SORRY AND i WAS WRONG ABOUT THAT, but that is the last time I am admitting I am wrong.  So for the other 2 candidates, I can not believe I have not seen you on here giving us an explanation.  I expected that from JT or Edward, but Stockman, I really figured you would come on here and explain the situation.  Since you won't is there any one out there with the GONADS to come on here and enlighten the voters as to what happened down there?  PLEASE
Michelle Joslin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2012, 01:39:20 AM »
Thank you, Lioness.. I certainly appreciate your kind words, along with your support and encouragement!!!! Politics can be confusing sometimes. No one is perfect but I hope the voters will look at the candidates' accomplishments, inner fiber and true purpose why they are seeking office. Once again, thanks and see you at the polls!

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2012, 11:19:10 PM »
I saw that Mr. Anderson stated he could not continue to work at the sheriff department because of the "Hatch Act" and I have never really heard what happened that he is no longer there.  So my question is  If Mr Anderson does not win the primary, will JB hire him back full time?  If so, that tells me a lot, if not, I know we could never find out because of privacy etc, but boy would I like to know why.   I hear all sorts of rumors but so far no answers about what really happened. 

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2012, 04:27:36 AM »
I saw that Mr. Anderson stated he could not continue to work at the sheriff department because of the "Hatch Act" and I have never really heard what happened that he is no longer there.  So my question is  If Mr Anderson does not win the primary, will JB hire him back full time?  If so, that tells me a lot, if not, I know we could never find out because of privacy etc, but boy would I like to know why.   I hear all sorts of rumors but so far no answers about what really happened. 

JB will not hire anyone . That is what this election is for, to see who is going to be the new sheriff. I really hope people site down and realize how important this election is, not just about getting rid of Obama, but locally.

Offline AdrienneE

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2012, 04:34:51 AM »
JB will not hire anyone . That is what this election is for, to see who is going to be the new sheriff. I really hope people site down and realize how important this election is, not just about getting rid of Obama, but locally.

No joke!!

Offline oneandoneonly

• Don't like me? I really don't care!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
I was in a local eatery the other day. I got to meet Mr Anderson and he seemed like a pleasent guy. I was overall impressed with him.

Mr Anderson stated that he IS a member of this board. It spooks me that he does not reply to this thread.

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
I listened to and met all of the candidates for sheriff at the senior citizen's "Meet the Candidates" forum Saturday evening. It was enlightening to me even though they were only given 5 minutes to speak. I hope that the majority of you came out  to the event and spent some time talking with these men and the other candidates for local and state office.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
JT all the way :{:{:

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:04 AM »

And where again are you wanting him to go, I keep forgetting. I know it ain't here as sheriff.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2012, 03:10:00 AM »
you will see who wins

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
Id bet 100 bucks to a donut your wrong ......Care to play?
Biscuit

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
you will see who wins

Oh it would be interesting if he does win. For example he could no longer just open the door to the evidence room and throw the stuff inside or he would be admitting he could not keep up with me, all the evidence is barcoded now and we actually know what is in there we have a list. We also have a complete department equipment inventory he would have to track. Not at all like the good old days of no records. Time cards are on the computer now. And he gets to turn them over to the county clerk every payroll. Yes this could get interesting.......................

JB

Offline firegirl204

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »
JB I sense you had an evil laugh/smile when you posted this....

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
JB I sense you had an evil laugh/smile when you posted this....

Could not help myself. People keep coming to me and telling me he is running me down on the election trail and I am not running. But I guess that is OK after all I will retire undefeated in the political arena. I know somebody else who cannot say that. LOL!!!
JB

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »
All the way out the damn door, did anyone else watch the meet the candidate forum? JT was visibly shaking, couldn't read his paper that he was trying to read from, and read so fast that he was having to start over and repeat himself.  He left the stage and went right out the door, he didn't care what anyone else had to say.  As much as I hate to admit it, he was the best speaker, AT getting out the door and running away before he could get asked anything from the crowd!
Michelle Joslin