Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131004 times)

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
  JB i would like to see you and JT run you guys are a  good race

A third race would not have been pretty. I made the mistake in the second race of not campaigning because I thought even a blind person could see the difference between his work as sheriff and mine. I could not see the second race as a contest. Well I was dead wrong on that. Had I faced him again the gloves would have come off and I do not think he would have enjoyed the race. There are enough documented situations on record to sink him to the bottom of the lake.

JB

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »
Apparently like in my business, Not everyone knows a bad tattoo.......Not everyone can see a bad sheriff. I can see both
Biscuit

Offline pistolwhip

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
i wonder if JB has thought about how he is going to deal with JT when he is no longer sheriff.  If I know JT he will probably be upset with JB.  It might be worth watching.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »
I  think if JB RUNS AGAIN he  would get beat

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
Pulaski County voters do your research before you head to the poles, if Pulaski County elects JT Roberts as sheriff they deserve what they get.  I really hope he doesn't win because people didn't care enough to vote.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
I  think if JB RUNS AGAIN he  would get beat

So sorry Edward but I am going to retire UNDEFEATED in the political arena. So sorry somebody else cannot say that. And the undefeated also covers one jackedoff law suit over an election.
            JB

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2012, 03:23:07 AM »
Sorry Boss I gotta comment on this one, I can say I have lived here for 35 years if taking my college days out 33, but in that I have seen a lot come and go.  I will say I have not seen many things as screwed up as the department was when your predecessor was there.  The cars were wore out, the evidence room had already had almost a years worth of cleaning and you could still hardly get in it, the equipment was old and outdated to say the least.  I will not even comment on the other things that I have seen as I am not sure you would be happy with that.  With that being said, the average person can see a difference, but many do not really see the behind the scenes picture.  I hope and pray that we do not go back in time with this coming election.  It worries me that I was approached this morning by a man from crocker that was a JT die hard just because "JT showed up when was called"  he was comparing run numbers 12 years ago to todays numbers and could not see a difference why it takes a little while compared to back then, even though we run more calls with the same amount of deputies.    Candidates you need to run to crocker and beat some sense into people.  Particularly Beaufort road Friday morning would be a good place to go.  This guy is DIE HARD JT fan because JT is the "only one" who went to his house and he believes every line he was told that lives there.  If you want PM me and I will give yo more info on this.

There are two candidates we flat can not trust, the first one is on the board all the time watching, the second is on the board watching and speaks about the other one.  Edward talks about himself winning the election so that is the two of them.  One is bipolar, I just can't figure out which one is the bi polat one and which one is normal.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2012, 03:42:08 AM »
Why are you even waisting you time talking about JT. He is done, a has been. All he has is a bunch of good old boys that will spend election day at the bar talking about how the race SHOULD have went. Pay attention to the others, we are going to elect one of them. It won't be JT for sure. I still haven't made up my mind.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline 3lilMonKeys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »
Ron Long has the qualifications, experience and the integrity to be our next sheriff. He has run a good, clean campaign and even when he was under attack with rumors, he has stayed focused. Ron Long for Sheriff!

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Ron Long has the qualifications, experience and the integrity to be our next sheriff. He has run a good, clean campaign and even when he was under attack with rumors, he has stayed focused. Ron Long for Sheriff!
Nick Pappas is an instructor in this state, he has run a good clean campaign and has stayed focused as well.  Nick Pappas has a career in Law enforcement and has worked in this county as law enforcement for 6 years and knows our problems better then some others.  He has also is clandestine certified which is one thing this county really needs.  If you want the sheriff's office to keep up, ELECT NICK PAPPAS in the primary by pulling a republican ticket and voting for him.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
There are two candidates we flat can not trust, the first one is on the board all the time watching, the second is on the board watching and speaks about the other one.  Edward talks about himself winning the election so that is the two of them.  One is bipolar, I just can't figure out which one is the bi polat one and which one is normal.

I'm having a difficult time reading between your lines...
Pretty sure you are talking about JT (Edward) as one candidate we can't trust.  But, who is the other & why can't we trust them?
You have an inside, working knowledge of the PCSD and are passionate about improvement.  Can you share some of that working knowledge with the rest of us so we can make a more informed decision?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
Say what you will but JT could very well win. He recieved quite a few votes last time, and people dumb enough to vote a straight ticket will vote for him. That is another reason party should be taken out of the sheriff race. This is one office where party should not matter.

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »
I have a question concerning Mr Anderson.  This is down to the wire for me, and I am still a bit undecided.  I like what I see is both Pappas and Anderson's backgrounds.  I think the military background would be a good thing as it seems to me that the officers do lack disipline and these two may be able to bring that to them,  But, I have heard that Mr. Anderson was a bull when he was at the sheriff dept.  I don't know what that means exactly but I've heard that the deputies all hated him.  I would like to know from Mr. Anderson what happened about that.  I know he was forced to leave the paid part to run for sheriff and according to his website he is still a deputy.  I have read that he is on here and I would like an answer to those rumors.  To me since I have not heard anything negative about Mr. Pappas, Mr. Long or Mr. Burgess they seem to be the ones I should choose.  I like Mr. Anderson's qualifications but the rumors not being addressed bothers me.  Mr. Long came on here and addressed his rumors and Mr. Burgess told us he got a ticket, wo why won't Mr Anderson talk about his rumors?  Seems to me that if we want to know what is going on in our government this is an indication of what we would get if Mr. Anderson was in.

Am I looking at this right?

Offline snoop

• The ORIGINAL Ghettobilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
Bill had answered a question on this thread, and then right after that two people started having an arguement with each other, within the thread, and the thread looked pretty foolish until those members were removed and their comments deleted.  So, maybe Bill didn't want to come back based off what happened on the thread on that time.  I know that he takes the job serious, and at that point in time, this thread did not look like a serious thread about the candidates that we have for the position.  I am not speaking for him, just musing "out loud".

I did hear (via facebook) that Bill helped break up an attempted robbery the other day.  He is still a reserve for the PCSD. 

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
Bill had answered a question on this thread, and then right after that two people started having an arguement with each other, within the thread, and the thread looked pretty foolish until those members were removed and their comments deleted.  So, maybe Bill didn't want to come back based off what happened on the thread on that time.  I know that he takes the job serious, and at that point in time, this thread did not look like a serious thread about the candidates that we have for the position.  I am not speaking for him, just musing "out loud".

I did hear (via facebook) that Bill helped break up an attempted robbery the other day.  He is still a reserve for the PCSD. 

Anderson is still a reserve deputy. I have given him assignments since he left that he has completed. The question was asked would I consider him for a rehire. That answer is yes but at this time I have no position for him to fill nor is there any chance the position would open during the last days of my term. If it did I would consider him.

As to why he left; when I hired him, right after he had run against me last time I was told by many that I was nuts because you do not hire a guy who tried to take your job away from you. I have said before I do not think like a political animal he was the best qualified guy at the time and I hired him. But, in private he made it clear that if I did not run the next time he would. I told him to run anyway. Our problem was the Federal Hatch Act. That act makes it a violation of law for him to file and run for sheriff and to supervise deputies who were paid by or equipped by money from a federal grant. We both understood from the first month that when it got close to filing time he would have to step aside. I had planned on Jan. or Feb. 2012 at the latest. I wanted no question in any mind that he was long gone from the payroll before he filed. The penalty for violation is three years worth of grant funds repaid. Since my grants received are right  the $900K mark I wanted no questions on this.

When the dust up between him and the troops occurred one of the factors that came into play for me was the fact that he had to go anyway and it was also quite plain I was not going to be able to get everybody on the same page. I will be the first to admit my decision was not completely fair to him. There was also the reality that my style of leadership and his are not the same and that helped create the conflict in the first place.
JB

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »
JB my opinion you hired BILL so you could get votes if you thouht he is so good why dont you endorse him

Offline 3lilMonKeys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
Mr. Long has very good credentials and a long list of qualifications as does Mr. Pappas.  I like the fact that Mr. Long has been in our schools both as a substitute teacher as well as volunteering to give drug education to our youth. I believe his background as an undercover narcotics detective coupled with his abilityand willingness to communicate effectively with young people will benefit our community. There are many things to consider when deciding for whom to vote but this is one of the things that sets him apart and earns Ron Long my vote.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
   MR LONG has had a lot of jobs why has he not kept any of them

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »
   MR LONG has had a lot of jobs why has he not kept any of them

Pretty sure that answer has already been provided, by Mr. Long himself.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
MSHEEK I do not know what you are talking about my name is not JT IT IS EDWARD and the man from Crocker knows who is the best man for the job.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »
I have a 17 year old son and he asked a question to me the other day that there is no way I could answer, He said to me that the sheriff is the 1 who is to hire some people to serve and protect the county as well as take care of the county people too, he said that before someone can join the police departments you have to go through training and even to join the military you have to go through basic training to be able to join. OK his question is if any of these men running for sheriff can actually go through a training course today and be able to pass? or will they run a block chasing someone and be gasping for air? I mean I hate to say it but I think that is some wise thinking. I do not believe that if JT were put in some obstacle course that he could pass. We need another sheriff like JB someone who knows what he is doing and is out serving and protecting all of us. We do not need to move back in time JT is not the man we need, he has proved that if things do not go his way all he wants to do is sue and the county doesn't need that again so out with the old and in with the new. JMO if you get defeated 2 times in a row give it up and stop begging for a position no one wants him in.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
MSHEEK I do not know what you are talking about my name is not JT IT IS EDWARD and the man from Crocker knows who is the best man for the job.

Well, since you do not have gonads enough to post under your real name and spout dumb $h!t all the time, pretty much all of us believe you are one in the same.  The man from Crocker admitted he doesn't know who to vote for, but was just voting JT because he was the only person that came to his door.  He hates what JT did to this county.
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
HE hates him so bad he is voting for him that is funny *****

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2012, 11:56:52 PM »
JB my opinion you hired BILL so you could get votes if you thouht he is so good why dont you endorse him

Simple, an endorsement would be a violation of the Hatch Act.

JB

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2012, 12:38:06 AM »
HE hates him so bad he is voting for him that is funny *****
No he dislikes the other candidates so much that he isn't voting for them.  He understands that taking equipment that belongs to someone else is not only dishonest, immoral, but just down right wrong.  Which is much more than I can say you seem to understand.  So, if you are not John Thomas why don't you give your name?

Michael Sheek

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:44 AM »
OK everyone, lets get back to the serious topics.  Well many of us have seen the letter put out by candidates to the sheriff department today.  Someone was nice enough to post it to Facebook so I could read one from Johnny Burgess.  Well myself I feel that taking dispatch and putting it to Pulaski County Communications Center would be a waste of time and money.  First you will have to pay (COM center) for short would be going backwards.  Lets just say we pay one salary to them for taking over, who has to run back and forth to get paper work.  As I understand it, a deputy can not just ask for a paper with someones info on it, they have to sign for it.  Would that not be counter productive?  What about the PA's office, surely they have to do the same thing or do they have their own computer to do backgrounds on people they prosecute?
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »
Nick Pappas for Pulaski County Sheriff
July 3
Nick's Education, Training, and Experience:

Education:

A.A.S. – Law Enforcement
B.A. – Criminal Justice
M.S. – Environmental Management
M.S. – Criminal Justice Administration (Will be completed in Fall of 2012)

Law Enforcement and Professional Experience:
- Retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer (Army CID Special Agent). His last assignment prior to retirement saw him serve as the Special Agent in Charge of the Fort Leonard Wood CID Office.
- Reserve Detective for the Pulaski County Sheriff Department
- Reserve Officer for the Richland Police Department
- Licensed Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Law Enforcement Instructor
- Online instructor for the University of Phoenix where he teaches courses in criminal justice and terrorism
- Contract Instructor for the United States National Guard Bureau wherein he taught Clandestine Drug and Chemical Lab Awareness

Additional training and experience in but not limited to:
- Emergency Management
- Law enforcement response and investigation of weapons of mass destruction incidents
- Criminal intelligence collection and analysis
- Counterdrug Investigations and Operations
- Analytical Investigative Techniques
- Terrorism/Counterterrorism
- Identity Theft and Fraud
- Environmental Investigations
- EPA Hazardous Waste Operator How does this help us?
- Protective Services (Executive Security)
Ok, I really was going to tear this apart more, but I can't there is nothing there besides the water operator I can ask about. 

I like that there is not all this crap about associations on yours, there is nothing I care about being part of an association that has nothing to do with your job.  Who cares if you belong to the mounted bicycle cop association?  Does it make you better prepared for your job, NO!  Thank you for not putting lots of extra crap that doesn't matter in your Bio.
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2012, 03:32:02 AM »
    Accumulated thirty years of service in the law enforcement field. all but a couple in a different state

Obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Administration from the University of Central Missouri, and participated in their Master's Program.

POST Law Enforcement certified in Missouri. (Class-A License)

Accrued over five-thousand educational hours in the law enforcement field throughout career.

Law Enforcement & Fraud certifications include: Master Peace Officer, Law Enforcement Instructor, Law Enforcement Field Training Officer, Critical Incident Response officer, SWAT (Tactical) officer,  Police Bicycle officer, Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator and Fraud Claim Law Specialist. Is any of this in Missouri, or all Texas? I don't believe a lawyer could certify in texas and practice in Missouri or am I mistaken?

Worked in a variety of assignments including patrol, criminal investigations and management.

Promoted positions – Corporal, Field Training Officer, Detective, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and Major.

Agencies of law enforcement employment – St. Robert Police Department, Arlington Texas Police Department, Tarrant County (Ft. Worth, TX) Sheriff’s Office and the Travis County (Austin, TX) Sheriff’s Office.

Senior Special Investigator for Texas Farm Bureau, employed as an Insurance Fraud Specialist.

Belong(ed) to the following professional associations - Federal Criminal Investigators Assoc., International Assoc. of Auto Theft Investigators, International Assoc. of Arson Investigators, Texas Council on Arson, International Assoc. of Special Investigation Units, Texas Chapter of the International Assoc. of Special Investigation Units, International Police Mountain Bike Assoc, along with numerous law enforcement associations.

Have obtained numerous education certifications and professional awards in the law enforcement and insurance arenas.

An educator and crime novel author. Ok, you can think of creative things, but how does that help me?
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2012, 03:33:56 AM »
Johnny Burgess

I am sending this email with a week left to the primary. I have been asked what my plans are for the department and how I would change things. So here goes:
1. Move dispatch to 911. That does not mean that I am getting ride of the dispatch positions but redefining their job descriptions. They will be trained as jailors and tasked with more data entry duties. This will free the road officers up to
spend more time on the streets and investigating crimes. REALLY, this is a disaster waiting to happen, listen to them dispatch.2. Hire a fulltime detective. This officer will coordinate cases with the reserve detectives. Good Idea, heard this from Pappas when he talked to me a long time ago, you both are on the right track, the county needs and deserves it.
3. All command staff will also take calls and work as and with detectives.
4. County officers will focus their efferts in the county and not in the cities where there are departments already tasked with law enforcement duties.
5. I am also going to reduce administrative staff and review those job descriptions as well. More duties will be transferred to command staff officers.  We already have to many chiefs and not enough indians there now, why do you need more?
6. A first line supervisor will be either be on duty or on call 24 hours a day to handle any issues that arise.
7. Cooperation with all agencies in this county and the surrounding counties is at the front of solving crimes and we are going to facilitate this to increase arrests and convictions.

I am also asking that you forward this to as many people as you can. The election is very close at this point and no one seems to be able to say who among us is leading either race.

Below is a bio of me and my qualifications.Thank you.

Michelle Joslin