Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131502 times)

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »
Thanks for making this.  So I know about JT, I lived here then, and read all about that.  I recall reading a lot of bad things about Anderson and the deputies revolting against him, and now he does not work there?  Seems that if JB asked him to leave, that would be enough for me to say he should not be sheriff.  That leaves the three republicans.  Don't know much about them.  Pappas and Burgess work at the Sheriffs dept, that is a plus.  I wonder why Long did not retire (if I read that right) and I wonder if he could juggle all the things JB has to since Long was in big departments in Texas.  Does anyone know him to answer those things?  Someone said Pappas has experience running a department, what one? And Burgess, what are the grants he got and why has he not done it for the sheriff, since he works there?  I still have lots of questions, but for me, it will be one of the republicans.

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
 Anderson lost last time he ran against JT

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
Neither of them deserve to be in that office

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »
Thanks for making this.  So I know about JT, I lived here then, and read all about that.  I recall reading a lot of bad things about Anderson and the deputies revolting against him, and now he does not work there?  Seems that if JB asked him to leave, that would be enough for me to say he should not be sheriff.  That leaves the three republicans.  Don't know much about them.  Pappas and Burgess work at the Sheriffs dept, that is a plus.  I wonder why Long did not retire (if I read that right) and I wonder if he could juggle all the things JB has to since Long was in big departments in Texas.  Does anyone know him to answer those things?  Someone said Pappas has experience running a department, what one? And Burgess, what are the grants he got and why has he not done it for the sheriff, since he works there?  I still have lots of questions, but for me, it will be one of the republicans.

Pappas and Burgess are both unpaid reserve deputies. Burgess has done several grants for us that have not been successful. Pappas used to be the Special Agent in Charge of the U. S.Army Criminal Investigative Division at Ft. Wood. When he retired he became my reserve. Anderson is subject to the federal Hatch Act and could not run while he was a paid deputy supervising deputies that were subject to federal grant funds. He stepped down early. I suspect the candidates will find out about this page soon and come on here and post info.

JB

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 03:24:55 AM »
Im Starting to Think Edward Is a family member or close friend to JT. Otherwise hed use his own Judgement instead of just Shouting JT all the way all over this. I Like Bill Anderson. Hes an Honest man and would do anything in  the world for anyone. I had the oppertunity to Speak with Bill on some issues I was concerned with . He took the time to explain not only how things work but how he could make them work with a budget no so giving. I have faith he would be a good Sheriff. Hes not there to make buddies with the deputies Hes there to run a sheriffs department . I also Like Ron Long , But Only because Of what Ive heard. Id like to see candidates get on here and say what they are all about, what their plans are to carry a sinking Ship and build the department to better service the community. It is widly known that at any time there are only 2 deputies on at any givin time. Thats not alot of officers for 500 square miles of county. Lots of time for criminals to get away since 2 officers cant be all over the county. You look at a county like Phelps and they are driving Chargers and have officers everywhere. We should have the same.
Biscuit

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:49 AM »
Im Starting to Think Edward Is a family member or close friend to JT. Otherwise hed use his own Judgement instead of just Shouting JT all the way all over this. I Like Bill Anderson. Hes an Honest man and would do anything in  the world for anyone. I had the oppertunity to Speak with Bill on some issues I was concerned with . He took the time to explain not only how things work but how he could make them work with a budget no so giving. I have faith he would be a good Sheriff. Hes not there to make buddies with the deputies Hes there to run a sheriffs department . I also Like Ron Long , But Only because Of what Ive heard. Id like to see candidates get on here and say what they are all about, what their plans are to carry a sinking Ship and build the department to better service the community. It is widly known that at any time there are only 2 deputies on at any givin time. Thats not alot of officers for 500 square miles of county. Lots of time for criminals to get away since 2 officers cant be all over the county. You look at a county like Phelps and they are driving Chargers and have officers everywhere. We should have the same.

I had that same theory about Edward running through my head.
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 05:10:31 AM »
Jb isn't Anderson back in the S.O as a reserve or is this a rumor?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »
Jb isn't Anderson back in the S.O as a reserve or is this a rumor?

He was never out as a reserve and has done several jobs for me since he left.
   JB

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
I am still a little confused as to why after so many years in the state of Texas as a police officer why Long would just up and quit to move back to Pulaski county and say that it has been a life long dream of his to be Sheriff here and he has not been even a reserve here in so long.  Even though he claims to be a 25 year resident here, how much of that has been as an adult, let alone in the last 20 years.  A lot has changed over the last 20 years in the crime rates, kind of crimes, and the kinds of drugs that are here.  It is no secret that this area has always had a lot of crime and drugs, but it is different then the way it used to be. 
I just can't imagine leaving a position of Major at some point after such a long career there unless something happened and he had no choice!  Just wondering if there is more there that we don't know about.  It would be like being in the Highway patrol and leaving after 20+ years and not getting a retirement.
Michelle Joslin

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »
I am still a little confused as to why after so many years in the state of Texas as a police officer why Long would just up and quit to move back to Pulaski county and say that it has been a life long dream of his to be Sheriff here and he has not been even a reserve here in so long.  Even though he claims to be a 25 year resident here, how much of that has been as an adult, let alone in the last 20 years.  A lot has changed over the last 20 years in the crime rates, kind of crimes, and the kinds of drugs that are here.  It is no secret that this area has always had a lot of crime and drugs, but it is different then the way it used to be. 
I just can't imagine leaving a position of Major at some point after such a long career there unless something happened and he had no choice!  Just wondering if there is more there that we don't know about.  It would be like being in the Highway patrol and leaving after 20+ years and not getting a retirement.

MSHP system once you have the vested number of years service required you may quit and draw a retirement at a later time, years later.
JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »
FYI, Anderson came into the office today to brief me on an assignment I had given him and after the business talk he asked me if I would assist him if elected. I said Yes.

JB

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »
FYI, Anderson came into the office today to brief me on an assignment I had given him and after the business talk he asked me if I would assist him if elected. I said Yes.

JB
When JT comes by to ask what will be your answer?  ?what??
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »
When JT comes by to ask what will be your answer?  ?what??

Yes I will help him write his letter of resignation. Wait he already has done that needs no help.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 01:26:37 AM »

Yes I will help him write his letter of resignation. Wait he already has done that needs no help.
Lol     :{:{:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ThinkMan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 01:41:39 AM »
Ok.  I understand what you are saying but he was awful close to drawing retirement if he had that much time.  Below is a link and some info from Travis County Sheriff's Dept.  I am not sure what there state law enforcement has or other type of benefits but sorry, something just does not add up here.  I also remember him saying he was with Tarrant County.  The fact that he has been out of state for 20 years or more tells me he is not familiar with the issues facing our county.  I am not saying he is not a good cop but this would be like someone coming to this area after 25 years and saying they want to be our state rep.  You still have to be familiar with the issues with the department and our county.

I read the stuff someone else posted about JT.  Well that was an eye opener.  Still not sure about Anderson.  Burgess and Pappas are both current cops in this county and know what is happening around here.  Still weighing my options. 

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/human_resources/pdfs/tcbenefitguide_external.pdf

[Age 60 with 8 years of Service; or  Any age with 30 years of Service; or  Age plus your years of Service equals 75

quote author=Sheriff J. B. King link=topic=29622.msg264956#msg264956 date=1340635091]

MSHP system once you have the vested number of years service required you may quit and draw a retirement at a later time, years later.
JB

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »
Good Morning.

I am Johnny Burgess and I am running for sheriff of Pulaski County. I will be on here from time to time to answer questions and comment. there is one thing that I will not do and that is take cheap shots at the other running for this office. I will address questions about me and what I will attempt to do if a become the next sheriff. All of the others seeking this office have earned my respect for years of service to their community and their nation. We have all made mistakes.

Please feel free to ask me questions and I will try to answer them in 24 hours.

Thank You
J. Burgess

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
Thanks Johnny for being the first to step up and greet the members on this forum.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »

Pappas and Burgess are both unpaid reserve deputies. Burgess has done several grants for us that have not been successful. Pappas used to be the Special Agent in Charge of the U. S.Army Criminal Investigative Division at Ft. Wood. When he retired he became my reserve. Anderson is subject to the federal Hatch Act and could not run while he was a paid deputy supervising deputies that were subject to federal grant funds. He stepped down early. I suspect the candidates will find out about this page soon and come on here and post info.

JB

Me SCREW UP BIG TIME, I am reminded that one of the grants Burgess wrote was successful. It was for $40,000 for a new relay tower. But with a 10% fund match and the sudden efficiency of the new radio installed after the lighting strike we did not move forward with that one and it was turned back as unnecessary. My apology to Johnny Burgess for the GOOF on my part.

JB

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
MR. Burgess I will ask a few questions:

1) With the current budget of Pulaski County how do you plan to continue providing protection to the county?
 2) How do you feel about building a Jail and how would you propose running it?
 3) Do you have a goal or plan to protect the Sheriffs Dept and our county?

That's it for a starter.

I would really like to see all the Canidates answers to these, it will make a big difference on how I vote...

Don Thorson - resident and voter in Pulaski County.

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
This is sheriff candidate Ron Long.. I would like to take just a second to slip in a quick note.. I really appreciate these public forums but will mostly be taking the same stance as Johnny Burgess. These forums are here for you to voice "your opinions" but due to time constraints and the fact that they can also be mis-used as an avenue to promote ones' personal agenda/candidate, I will just be slipping in here just on occassion... I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to address any question or concerns, in which the best method would be via Facebook mail or E-mail (Ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff@gmail.com).. I also have a web-site (www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com) with professional experiences, committee appointments and education listed, along with locations I am making personal appearances, so that you can personally come out and meet with me to discuss my candidacy... To clarify a question about my past professional experiences, I have approx. 20 years full time law enforcement commission and over 12 Reserve. My last law enforcement position was Reserve Lieutenant with the Travis County S.O., at which time I was employed as a Senior Fraud Investigator for Southern Farm Bureau (Texas)... I am also vested in the Texas Retirement System (and others) and I have NEVER been asked to leave or been fired from any job. All previous jobs I have left under very good terms, and have been re-hirable. I returned to Pulaski County because this is my home, and to help my parents out with some medical issues..... I love working and plan on doing so for years to come, so technically I am not retired and won't be for a long time. And yes, I enjoy writing books and will continue doing so, and for those who saw me at the fair I did have a book booth set up there with my political signs out front and THANKS to all who stopped by, I enjoyed the conversations. ..... Hopefully this helped some and as stated above, feel more than welcome to contact me.. Stay safe, stay positive and enjoy your day!... And thanks Rick for having such a great media outlet and Sheriff King for getting this one going..... Ron

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
48 fan.  As far as building a jail.  Isn't that what they are using the building they acquired from the school district for.  The old middle school was bought by the county and I thought the biggest part of it was being turned into a new jail.  Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline stockman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
William "Bill" Anderson here. I believe both Johnny and Ron have got the right idea concerning post to this board. Each and everyone of you is important to me and I would like to visit with you. My web site is http://www.billandersonforsheriff.info/ and I have a office located in Waynesville at 600 Historic Route 66 (across from Waynesville City Hall). Send me a message at  wda332.wa@gmail.com and  it will go to my cell and we can make arrangements to meet.
William Anderson 

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »
Ron Long here, a P.S. item (I know, big surprise coming from a politician).... On my web-site I am including a page labeled "Douments" in which I will post a page from my TCLEOSE records, which reflects years of service, some certifications and full/reserve licenses). TCLEOSE is the Texas state agency who issues and regulates law enforcement records, similar to Missouri POST...Tomorrow I will put a copy of my Missouri POST Class A license on there, too..... On my web-site you will also see a page listed "Endorsements", which includes quotes/endorsements from "previous bosses", a judge and others associated with my career. Hopefull the endorsements from previous employers and official law enforcement records will help alleviate a few questions....  Thanks again for your support and/or bringing to my attention a few concerns that I needed to clarify.. Once again, please visit my web-site at www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com .... And don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, August 7th, for your candidates...Ron

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Ron Long here, a P.S. item (I know, big surprise coming from a politician).... On my web-site I am including a page labeled "Douments" in which I will post a page from my TCLEOSE records, which reflects years of service, some certifications and full/reserve licenses). TCLEOSE is the Texas state agency who issues and regulates law enforcement records, similar to Missouri POST...Tomorrow I will put a copy of my Missouri POST Class A license on there, too..... On my web-site you will also see a page listed "Endorsements", which includes quotes/endorsements from "previous bosses", a judge and others associated with my career. Hopefull the endorsements from previous employers and official law enforcement records will help alleviate a few questions....  Thanks again for your support and/or bringing to my attention a few concerns that I needed to clarify.. Once again, please visit my web-site at www.ronlongforpulaskicountysheriff.com .... And don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE, August 7th, for your candidates...Ron
I don't think you can do that anymore "VOTE VOTE VOTE" I believe you just get one vote now but back in the late fiftys and early 60's it would have worked :)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »

COURT OF COLE COUNTY, MISSOURI
THE HONORABLE J.T. ROBERTS, SHERIFF )
)
Plaintiff,                                             )

)
vs.                                                                                                    )

)
WELDON WILHOIT, in his official                         )

capacity as Superintendent, MISSOURI STATE )
HIGHWAY PATROL, and THE MISSOURI                      )
STATE HIGHWAY PATROL, and                                       )
PULASKI COUNTY, MISSOURI, and                                )
PULASKI COUNTY COMMISSION ,                                )
HONORABLE HAROLD YORK,                                         )
PRESIDING COMMISSIONER, and                                    )
HONORABLE GARY CARMACK,                        )          Case No 01CV323852
COMMISSIONER, and                                                            )
HONORABLE DENNIS THORNSBERRY,                       )
COMMISSIONER, and                                                            )
STEPHANIE LEUTHEN, COUNTY CLERK                    )
OF PULASKI COUNTY, MISSOURI, and                          )
JOYCE THOMAS, TREASURER OF                                  )
PULASKI COUNTY, MISSOURI, and                                 )
PULASKI COUNTY 911 TELEPHONE                              )
SERVICE BOARD, and DOUGLAS                                     )
YURECKO, ROBERT WOODY, DON                                )
MCCULLOUGH, ROBERT ISHMAEL,                              )
CARMEN BLACK, JANET DRISCOLL,                            )
MIKEL HARTNESS, STEPHANIE                                       )
LEUTHEN, GARY BROWN, MIKE                                     )
LIEBIG, and WILLIAM HARRISON,                                   )
MEMBERS OF THE PULASKI COUNTY                         )
911 TELEPHONE SERVICE BOARD,                                 )
) Defendants.
PETITION
COMES NOW, Plaintiff, and states as follows:
GENERAL ALLEGATIONS

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »
So let's keep a tally,

Ron Long will not answer my questions. This forum isn't good enough.
William Anderson says about the same, will not answer on this forum.

Narrowing down my vote quickly...

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »

Just want to quote these so they don't disappear.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »
William "Bill" Anderson here. I believe both Johnny and Ron have got the right idea concerning post to this board. Each and everyone of you is important to me and I would like to visit with you. My web site is http://www.billandersonforsheriff.info/ and I have a office located in Waynesville at 600 Historic Route 66 (across from Waynesville City Hall). Send me a message at  wda332.wa@gmail.com and  it will go to my cell and we can make arrangements to meet.
William Anderson 

Same with this one.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »
So go to their web sites and keep the answers a secret?  Long has a list of endorsements from Texas but none local, strange.