Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131404 times)

Offline lioness

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2012, 03:44:57 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

A disater? Please elaborate on your explanation of why you think this would be a disaster? I would also like to know if you have ever witnessed what goes on in a dispatch room>?  REALLY, this is a disaster waiting to happen, listen to them dispatch.
Actually I have been in a dispatch room, and at risk of putting myself out there I just might have dispatched in this county a little.  I can tell you from listening to com center and talking to other agencies, they at times hate what they get from the hill.  I will say this, if I were an officer and I called in to them on the radio and got nothing multiple times, I would have a case of the a$$, If I called in and got told to hold on as I was pulling someone over and needed plate information, I would be pissed as I was wondering if the person in the car was known to be violent. 
This is not including trying to get background on people, signing for paperwork or anything else.  I believe JB talked about this a while back and said that it was going to cost like $70,000.00 or something like that, plus you still had to keep the people down there to answer phones, and do the daily stuff.  It is not a good idea and a DISASTER in my book.
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2012, 03:53:50 AM »
No decisions have been made regarding my Chief Deputy position. As of this date several individuals have expressed their possible interest, both within and outside of the sheriff's office.. Before filling the Chief Deputy position, I will be opening it up for those interested to apply. I want the most qualified man/woman for the vacancy. This will be a person that closely reflects my philosophies and leadership style. This person will be a true professional who the employees of the PCSD and our citizens will respect and trust.. I will be placing more emphasis on this if I win the Republican nomination on Tuesday.
I am sorry I misspoke I guess Mr. Long,  I was told by a gentleman that supports you hi up the pecking order that Clair would be your number 2.  I am sorry for that mistake, I will tell him he was wrong in telling me that.  I figured he would know since he is a friend of yours, sorry once again.
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2012, 03:56:16 AM »

Not according to the US DOJ and the National Sheriff's Association and the Missouri Sheriff's Association, it got "expanded".
JB
Then you couldn't run for re-election if you wanted to, you would have to resign to run again?  That doesn't make any sense, could you please explain that?
Michelle Joslin

Offline AdrienneE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2012, 04:10:16 AM »
I have talked with some teachers from different school districts, the only one that I have found to know him is in a waynesville school.  Not saying he doesn't work else where, but just saying I don't think he "works" with near as many kids as you think!  I still REALLY DISLIKE the fact that he refused a commission to work in this county and find out the specific problems it has.  JB OFFERED so he would learn and become part of it and LONG REFUSED.    That is a problem for me.

I had also heard this but went straight to him and talked to him about it.... I think going to the source is always better....

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2012, 04:22:00 AM »
GO JT  :{:{:  YOU GOT IT WON

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2012, 04:28:16 AM »
Boy are you gonna look stupid Tuesday!. cant wait so you will STFU!!!!.  +_+_+
Biscuit

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2012, 04:40:13 AM »
Then you couldn't run for re-election if you wanted to, you would have to resign to run again?  That doesn't make any sense, could you please explain that?

It gets complicated and I do not have the latest memo at home but I will post that memo as soon as I can copy it. But yes there for some time the NSA questioned if a sitting sheriff could campagin in his uniform wearing his badge of office. The latest ruling by US DOJ now says yes office of sheriff is political and he can do that.
JB

Offline justinsmith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »

GO JT  :{:{:  YOU GOT IT WON
[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »
I have a question for other voters out there.  While I know some of you don't agree with my way of getting information from the candidates, does anybody else have a problem with the candidates that sit and watch this board all the time and refuse to answer any questions that they are asked.  I really can't believe that Anderson nor JT will get on here at all and answer the questions put to them.  I will say Burgess has been on here, Pappas has been on here, and Long has come on here.  Even if 1 hasn't answered every question the way we would like to see it answered, at least they had the balls to answer them somewhat.  I really thought that with the questions that were asked our Democrats would at least come on here and tell us to kiss their @$$ or something, but neither of them have come on here at all since hard questions were asked.  PULL A REPUBLICAN TICKET AND VOTE ON TUESDAY!
Michelle Joslin

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2012, 01:28:32 AM »
  I really can't believe that Anderson nor JB will get on here at all and answer the questions put to them.

Dont you mean JT? Cause JB does get on here all the time...Just seeing if you made a mistake?
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2012, 03:04:16 AM »
Anderson you are watching right now under the name Stockman!  Why are you to good to post on here like the other candidates?  We are looking for answers from you before Tuesday and would really like for you to get on here and answer things for yourself rather than letting JB answer them for you.
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2012, 03:07:19 AM »
Edward, JT whoever you are you are watching right now, why don't you, or if it is not you, why won't your almighty JT get on here and answer any of the questions about the missing stuff from Pulaski County?  He won't answer anything about the boat, trailer, law suits, evidence anything!  Why is that? 
Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 06, 2012, 03:08:28 AM »
Please re-read your post and adjust to the proper Initials.

I did reread and fix, thank you
Michelle Joslin

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 06, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »
Hello everyone,
Bill Anderson is a very intelligent man and has the education and training to run the Pulaski County Sheriff.  I know I have worked with him. Bill Anderson is the most professional candidate, in my opinion. He has far exceeded the other  (JT) candidate. But as far as JT in my opinion, has had his time, no one liked what he did, Bill Anderson has and will proved to us what we need as a leader. I'm leaning toward Bill Anderson. JT is to old and needs to retire. Besides he has been the sheriff before and not that good at it. I hope people remember we got rid of him for a reason. I doubt that he has improved in the years that he has been sitting at home. So Good luck Bill.
Respectfully,
aka. mrbulldogg

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
Bill is busy teaching the future Mp's and soldiers how to be a good investigator. thats what he does and has since Ive known him. he has run an honest campaign and hope he wins
Biscuit

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
I thought Mr Anderson no longer worked on the fort?

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
Hello everyone,
Bill Anderson is a very intelligent man and has the education and training to run the Pulaski County Sheriff.  I know I have worked with him. Bill Anderson is the most professional candidate, in my opinion. He has far exceeded the other  (JT) candidate. But as far as JT in my opinion, has had his time, no one liked what he did, Bill Anderson has and will proved to us what we need as a leader. I'm leaning toward Bill Anderson. JT is to old and needs to retire. Besides he has been the sheriff before and not that good at it. I hope people remember we got rid of him for a reason. I doubt that he has improved in the years that he has been sitting at home. So Good luck Bill.
He may far exceed the Other Democratic candidate, but what about the REpublican's?  I personally have been asking Mr. Anderson to come on here and speak to us about his reasoning's for leaving the Sheriff's department.  I have asked him to come on here about the accusations made by an officer that was fired from the sheriff's department, he has not, I asked him to come on here and explain why he had a vote of no contest against him by most of the officers at teh sheriff's office, he hasn't.  The Vote of no confidence, and lawsuit alone mean a lot to me about being a leader, the leaving because of the hatch act, Ok, I will believe JB on that, but I suspect getting the department sued and a vote of no confidence had to lay heavy on JB's heart as well.  I will agree I would much rather have Mr. Anderson over JT Roberts, but their are 3 other candidates to vote for!  Pappas, Burgess, and Long
Michelle Joslin

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
Just a few points here:

This links you to opinions of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, where you will find that they have determined that an incumbent Sheriff may campaign on his "own" behalf. Another opinion states that Corrections Officer that "may" have Federal prisoners may not campaign for partisan offices. It further states that employees involved with federal grant money may not participate in partisan campaigns.  This is why Sheriff King cannot "endorse" any candidate, why Mr Anderson is not presently employed by the U.S. Government and why he could not campaign for the sheriiff's office while an employee of the county.  http://www.osc.gov/haStateLocalSampleAdvisoryOpinions.htm

I would not recommend anyone to ask for a Democratic ballot just to vote "against" either Mr Roberts of Mr Anderson. Our state representive will be decided tomorrow on the Republican ballot. I would think one would want their voice heard in determining who is going to attempt to follow Representative Day's footsteps.

As far as a candidate announcing who their "Chief" Deputy will be at this time is a bit premature. There is 4 months before Sheriff King turns over the reins to the new Sheriff. Lots of things change in 4 months. If a candidate names his #2 at this time, and the #2 guy/gal selected changes their mind, then you have a problem. For gosh sakes the Presidential candidates haven't announced their VP choices, yet!

Just my 2 cents.   

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
OK, tommorrow is the big day and by the answers I have gotten here (or lack thereof) I have made my decision.
 Hope everyone gets out and voices their choices tommorrow.

Get out and Vote!! Each and everyone of you can and do make a difference...

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »
What time are the polls open tomorrow?

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
I would not recommend anyone to ask for a Democratic ballot just to vote "against" either Mr Roberts of Mr Anderson. Our state representive will be decided tomorrow on the Republican ballot. I would think one would want their voice heard in determining who is going to attempt to follow Representative Day's footsteps.

My mind is made up for most of the election including sheriff, but this is one race that I have not researched.  Does anyone have any insight on who the best candidate is to replace Representative Day?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

My mind is made up for most of the election including sheriff, but this is one race that I have not researched.  Does anyone have any insight on who the best candidate is to replace Representative Day?
Most of the canidates running would do a good Job, But I tend to lean toward Steve Lynch
because he is a little younger than the others and in good health. He Has ALWAYS  been jnvolved in community. He knows what the Military means to pulaski county and will do whats right for all its citizens. JMO.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »
YOU all are full of you know. JT will win just like last time these two met. GO JT  :{:{:

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
What time are the polls open tomorrow?

600 am to 700 pm

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:43 PM »
Where are we going to get the election results?

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Hello Everyone
I'm am voting for Bill Anderson. JT is to old and needs to stay retire. Besides he has been the sheriff before and not that good at it. I hope people remember we got rid of him for a reason. I doubt that he has improved in the years that he has been sitting at home? Lets now talk about Pappas, he might have some law enforcement experience; then Burgess and Long have some to?. But then so do I! JT seemed to old and out of touch with what is going on. I have not only talked to Anderson but I have worked in the same Sheriffs  Dept with him. He has a plan for the sheriffs Department. I know a lot about him but I want you Dept. all to meet him yourselves. But for now I think based on talking with the candidates so far and reading their flyers Anderson is very well qualified and has the best of the county at heart. Oh by the way Anderson still works for the Sheriffs Department to.  Remember this from the Bull-Dogg; A house together stays together; A house devided stays devided!  God - Family- Country!
Respectfully,
 aka. mrbulldogg

Offline mo-abc

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51:14 AM »
Hello Everyone
 Remember this from the Bull-Dogg; A house together stays together; A house divided stays divided!  God - Family- Country!
[/quote

Bull-Doggy you seem to have forgotten that Mr. Anderson divided and underminded the Sheriff's office while he was there on a daily basis. The progress they have made down there since he left is nothing short of amazing. What I have learned in my personal dealings with Mr. Anderson - He can teach when given a lesson plan but he can not lead or deal with people.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2012, 02:52:55 AM »
GO JT SEE YOU ALL AT THE POLLS :th_police:

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
THAT is why we need JT he best for the job

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 07, 2012, 03:24:23 AM »
YOU all are full of you know. JT will win just like last time these two met. GO JT  :{:{:

You are wrong sir. The last 2 times JB and JT ran against each other JT lost. JB is not running again so Burgess will take his place IMHO.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!