Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 130770 times)

Offline oneandoneonly

• Don't like me? I really don't care!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election ----REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!----
« Reply #360 on: August 07, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

No matter what you say on here, the only way you will truly be heard is go vote! We all may have differing opinions on who to vote for, but the main point is GO VOTE!!!

Now for my 2 cents...

You can tell allot about the candidates, just by what they have said of not said here. Take JT and Anderson for example. Both are members of this site, but neither one has taken the time to come on here and answer questions. In this day and age, you can tell that these 2 people are out of touch with the public by not using the main public internet forum in Pulaski County to answer questions. 

My vote is going to be for Nick Pappas. He has more than answered every question that has been asked. He is also supporter of using local business when ever possible and that should be a vote getter from every business owner in the county by itself. He also has current, first hand knowledge of the day to day workings and problems of the sheriff's department. This alone will make a seemless transition to the new sheriff. Nick Pappas has a well rounded education in all aspects. It appears that he would be knowledgeable is just about any situation that he would come up to while being sheriff. Without an in depth look, it would appear he is the most educated person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be 2 steps ahead of the law, I can see that this will come in real handy. As for work ethic Nick Pappas would appear to be second to no one. The fact that he is volunteering for differant agency's and not just sitting on his tail at the local gas station or his house equals 2 thumbs up in my book. Overall Nick Pappas appears to be the best person to lead us at the sheriff department for the next 4 years...

VOTE Nick Pappas for SHERIFF!!!!

Offline firegirl204

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #361 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »
Agreed Nick Pappas is the ONLY choice!!

Offline mo-abc

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »
oneandoneonly has part of it correct

My vote is going to be for JOHNNY BURGESS. He has more than answered every question that has been asked. He is also supporter of using local business when ever possible and that should be a vote getter from every business owner in the county by itself. He also has current, first hand knowledge of the day to day workings and problems of the sheriff's department. This alone will make a seemless transition to the new sheriff. JOHNNY BURGESS has a well rounded education in all aspects. It appears that he would be knowledgeable is just about any situation that he would come up to while being sheriff. Without an in depth look, it would appear he is the most educated person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be 2 steps ahead of the law, I can see that this will come in real handy. As for work ethic JOHNNY BURGESS would appear to be second to no one. The fact that he is volunteering for THE SHERIFFS OFFICE WHILE WORKING FULL TIME AND RUNNING FOR OFFICE and not just sitting on his tail at the local gas station or his house equals 2 thumbs up in my book. Overall JOHNNY BURGESS appears to be the best person to lead us at the sheriff department for the next 4 years...
AND JOHNNY BURGESS HAS PROVEN HIMSELF AT WORKING WELL WITH COWORKERS AND THE PUBLIC NOT JUST ORDERING AROUND MILITARY PEOPLE.

Offline oneandoneonly

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
oneandoneonly has part of it correct

My vote is going to be for JOHNNY BURGESS. He has more than answered every question that has been asked. He is also supporter of using local business when ever possible and that should be a vote getter from every business owner in the county by itself. He also has current, first hand knowledge of the day to day workings and problems of the sheriff's department. This alone will make a seemless transition to the new sheriff. JOHNNY BURGESS has a well rounded education in all aspects. It appears that he would be knowledgeable is just about any situation that he would come up to while being sheriff. Without an in depth look, it would appear he is the most educated person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be 2 steps ahead of the law, I can see that this will come in real handy. As for work ethic JOHNNY BURGESS would appear to be second to no one. The fact that he is volunteering for THE SHERIFFS OFFICE WHILE WORKING FULL TIME AND RUNNING FOR OFFICE and not just sitting on his tail at the local gas station or his house equals 2 thumbs up in my book. Overall JOHNNY BURGESS appears to be the best person to lead us at the sheriff department for the next 4 years...
AND JOHNNY BURGESS HAS PROVEN HIMSELF AT WORKING WELL WITH COWORKERS AND THE PUBLIC NOT JUST ORDERING AROUND MILITARY PEOPLE.

My vote is going to be for Nick Pappas. He has more than answered every question that has been asked. He is also supporter of using local business when ever possible and that should be a vote getter from every business owner in the county by itself. He also has current, first hand knowledge of the day to day workings and problems of the sheriff's department. This alone will make a seemless transition to the new sheriff. Nick Pappas has a well rounded education in all aspects. It appears that he would be knowledgeable is just about any situation that he would come up to while being sheriff. Without an in depth look, it would appear he is the most educated person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be 2 steps ahead of the law, I can see that this will come in real handy. As for work ethic Nick Pappas would appear to be second to no one. The fact that he is volunteering for differant agency's and not just sitting on his tail at the local gas station or his house equals 2 thumbs up in my book. Overall Nick Pappas appears to be the best person to lead us at the sheriff department for the next 4 years...

You know you can tell allot about the candidate by his/her supporters... This one at least can copy and paste well~!

Offline mallard

• Something is here now.
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 07, 2012, 04:53:02 PM »
They fixed your spelling mistake too.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
As I was in line voting today, My 5 year old asked who I was voting for, not only did she not agree with who I was voting for, she also asked very loudly why I was not voting for JB King and told me it wasn't right to not vote for him.  A few other people agreed and 1 actually suggested writing him in. 
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
If JB was running, he would have a easy win for sure. Look at what HE got and what WE have now. He has done allot for his department.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 07, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
I just ask that whoever wins doesn't forget there is a northern side to Pulaski County. It seems to be forgotten way too often. I know stuff has to be done in the Waynesville/St. Robert "Metro" area, but the stealing on this side of the county has got to stop. People are fed up and are going to take matters into their own hands.
1*

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2012, 02:32:43 AM »
Congratulations to Ronald Long and Bill Anderson.  No matter what, now we don't have to worry about a bad candidate!
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2012, 02:44:03 AM »
Told ya so, you never listen to me. Ron Long will be your new sheriff..

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2012, 03:11:58 AM »
Congratulations to Ronald Long and Bill Anderson.  No matter what, now we don't have to worry about a bad candidate!
  OOOOH    EDWAAAAARD  :th_police:      :th_thwhistling:
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline oneandoneonly

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
Congratulations to Ronald Long and Bill Anderson on the win for your respectful nominations. So far you guys have been running a good, clean election. Please keep it that way! Pulaski County will be severed well with either one of you that wins in November. It appears based on the Commissioner race, that the winner will have the extra money that JB can only dream about now. I see the LE tax being brought to the voters very soon.

Ronald Long and Bill Anderson, since I know both of you are members of this board, and neither one of you have answered this question yet, please tell us now whether you support local businesses or not.

My 1st question is:

In your official capacity as sheriff, would you spend county money with an out-of-county business over a locally owned businesses just to save a few bucks? (Yes, this is directly tied to my comments here: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/smf/index.php?topic=69.1350 but is a (and should be) valid issue for all Pulaski County business owners.)

My 2nd question is:

Will you use a tow rotation like the local cities or will you be continuing the present  policy of predominately using just one tow company for PCSD tows and impounds?

Thanks for your time and quick answer!

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2012, 05:08:01 AM »
Hello Everyone,
A good tuff win to day at the polls. Congratulations to Bill Anderson.  Now we don't have to worry about a bad candidate! (D) Bill Anderson won; and so did (R)  Ron Long.  You can tell a lot about the candidates, just by what they have not said  here on line. Take Bill Anderson for example. He is member of this site, and will not take the time to come on here and answer questions? Why; because some people want to bait him to get in a arguement, a fight and or saying the wrong thing? (Good luck) he wont stoop to their level. Bill Anderson is a very educated and professional person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be a step ahead of the law-enforcement, we need Professional Leaders to stop them! As for work ethic Bill Anderson would appear to be second to none. The fact that he is volunteering for THE SHERIFFS OFFICE WHILE WORKING FULL TIME AND RUNNING FOR OFFICE and not just sitting on his butt. In this day and age, you can tell that these people are out of touch with the public. Where is the RESPECT for people that have put their lives on the line for their public safety? So when they are sleeping some of us are taking care of OUR county! Give me your answer to that question?
Respectfully,

Aka mrbulldogg

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2012, 06:02:14 AM »
Well the two guys I Supported In this election Have won. Now I have no worries . May the best man win.
Biscuit

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2012, 02:24:08 AM »
I just wanted to jump on here and say "THANK YOU" to all of those who supported and voted for me in the Primary election. I especially want to thank my two opponents, Nick and Johnny, for running such a clean "gentleman's race". Both are outstand men and excellent law enforcement officials and if I win the General election in November, I am looking forward to working with both of them... Once again, thank you Pulaski County voters!

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:21 AM »
Man that was a close run on the DEM side, how long before a recount, hand count, lawsuit and so on?  I pray, that for the county, this is done and over!  We need to move forward and not draw this out like it was last time! 

Michael Sheek

Offline mallard

• Something is here now.
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 09, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »
Congratulations Ron Long!
People will see through Billy Boy's smoke and mirrors and you will be the next sheriff!  :th_egypt:

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »
No one needs to smear anyone now. Both will be good options for sheriff. this could be a positive race from here on out. Just vote how you feel. Im Happy either way but I do have my druthers. Id druther have one more than the other. But either way this county will be ok.
Biscuit

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
THE best man got beat so now I guess it will be BILL

Offline NPappas

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:28 AM »
So as we continue towards the general election I wanted to take a minute to thank those who supported me during the primary election and for everyone who took the time to vote.  It was truly an enjoyable experience and I met some great citizens along the way that cared deeply about the county.  I also wanted to thank Ron and Johnny for running a professional campaign.  I think Ron mentioned in his post as it being a "gentlemans race" and I think that is a good description of our efforts.  I look forward to serving the citizens of Pulaski County and I hope to see everyone at the polls during the General Election!

Respectfully,
Nick Pappas

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »
I sure wish you guys would teach the other folks running for office just how to act. From the president on down. Thanks all for a good clean non smearing election. All of you that ran did one hell of a good job. Now it's time to put Nick to work. JB is leaving some very big shoes to fill so to speak.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2012, 04:35:01 AM »
Hello All:
Well I will say one thing for R.Long; He pulled off the (R) Side? How I have no clue? But not everyone is convince that he is the best man that won, on his (R) side. Let me ask you a question R.Long? Why did you turn down a spot as Deupty Sheriff in PCSD? What happen to you as a St.Roberts Officer? Why did you leave and go to a differant state? Lots of smokey Mirrors? I Know that Nick Pappas, Johnny Burgess, and Bill Anderson all still work for the PCSD. They are all very qualified, then you in my opinion. Now lets talk about what we all need a SHERIFF! Bill Anderson in my opinion is the best man for the job now. Professional Deputy, Firm, Fair and consistent. He is Retired Military 20 + years, PCSD 20+ years, All kinds of Leadership schools and Special Law Enforcement Training. College professor, Farmer, Family man and someone thats knows how to Run a budget for the county. Lets see R.Long have you served in the Military? Gee I heard some people can run for Sheriff and not even be state circertified? Well R.Long get back to your fan club soon, so we can find out some answers period?
Respectfully,
 Aka. mrbulldogg

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2012, 04:49:29 AM »
You are right, the losers are not convinced..

Hello Everyone;
Well I will say one thing for R.Long; He pulled off the (R) Side? How I have no clue? But not everyone is convince that he is the best one that won, on his side. Let me ask you a question R.Long? Why did you turn down a spot as Deupty Sheriff in PCSD? What happen to you as a St.Roberts Officer? Why did you leave and go to a differant state? Lots of smokey Mirrors? I Know that Nick Pappas, Johnny Burgess, and Bill Anderson all still work for the PCSD. They are all more qualified then you in my opinion. Now lets talk about what we all need a SHERIFF! Bill Anderson in my opinion is the best man for the job now. Professional Deputy, Firm, Fair and consistent. He is Retired Military 20 + years, PCSD 20+ years, All kinds of Leadership schools and Special Law Enforcement Training. College professor, Farmer, Family man and someone thats knows how to Run a budget for the county. Lets see R.Long have you served in the Military? Gee I heard some people can run for Sheriff and not even be state circertified? Well R.Long get back soon so we can find out some answers period?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2012, 04:54:04 AM »
Here's my answer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBulldog1965

Hello Everyone,
A good tuff win to day at the polls. Congratulations to Bill Anderson.  Now we don't have to worry about a bad candidate! (D) Bill Anderson won; and so did (R)  Ron Long.  You can tell a lot about the candidates, just by what they have not said  here on line. Take Bill Anderson for example. He is member of this site, and will not take the time to come on here and answer questions? Why; because some people want to bait him to get in a arguement, a fight and or saying the wrong thing? (Good luck) he wont stoop to their level. Bill Anderson is the most educated and professional person to run as sheriff for Pulaski County. In this day and age when the criminals seem to be a step ahead of the law-enforcement, we need Professional Leaders to stop them! As for work ethic Bill Anderson would appear to be second to none. The fact that he is volunteering for THE SHERIFFS OFFICE WHILE WORKING FULL TIME AND RUNNING FOR OFFICE and not just sitting on his butt. In this day and age, you can tell that these people are out of touch with the public. Where is the RESPECT for people that have put their lives on the line for their public safety? So when they are sleeping some of us are taking care of OUR county! Give me your answer to that question?

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2012, 05:54:57 AM »
I was told after the Election (yesterday) to Ask Ron Long why he doesnt mention his time as an Officer for Waynesville Police. I was told the reason but as it bieng hearsay Id rather hear from Mr Long as to wether he in fact ever worked for waynesville and as to why if so he was terminated. If Theres record of it Im sure it will come out, If not and someones blowing smoke No biggie.Just a question not starting shit , Just heard it and asking .No the Other candidate did not tell me this. this came from a person I believe to be an upstanding citizen and a member of a local fraternal organization. The reason not bieng a valid reason for termination in my opinion is why I ask. If he was in the right, why was he fired, And if in the right why no mention on his bio ? I feel these are valid questions, and not stirring the pot.
Biscuit

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 10, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
Topgunbiz that is a smear just like you said not to do.  I want to know what the candidates will do to improve conditions in the sheriffs dept, to improve morale, to increase the ability of the dept to do the job we want.  I want to know how they are gonna get the commission off its ass to get a tax on the ballot.  I want to know how they plan to continue to serve us with no money. 

Anderson has had a million chances to come on here and answer anything which he won't do.  I made my decision when I could get nothing concrete out of him.  I don't believe some of the comments on here about him being professional, etc.  A no confidence vote by all of the deputies tells me a lot about him and the fact he does not feel it important enough to talk to us.  I also learned a lot about him when someone said he is on here all the time reading and won't answer and questions or comment.

Long has not said too much on here but has answered most questions put on here. Anderson, none. His website says really nothing other than Long's.  They both say that they are the most qualified.  I don't care really about the negative, it make me want to puke, what I want to know is how they will go forward, and now that its down to a "real" choice, we deserve specifics.

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
Hello Everyone:
Quote by pulaskiivoter; I want to know how they are gonna get the commission off its ass to get a tax on the ballot.  I want to know how they plan to continue to serve us with no money?

Answer: You have a budget in all departments, eighter you conserve and adjust to ongoing problems, second you make sure you have Reserve Volunteers that fill in for full-time staff.

Quote by pulaskiivoter; A no confidence vote by all of the deputies tells me a lot about him and the fact he does not feel it important enough to talk to us.  I also learned a lot about him when someone said he is on here all the time reading and won't answer and questions or comment.

Answer Talk about Smearing  Campaign, Not all of us think that way only the ones that could not follow the chain of command!

Quote by pulaskiivoter;  I don't care really about the negative, it make me want to puke, what I want to know is how they will go forward, and now that its down to a "real" choice, we deserve specifics.

Answer: Bill Anderson is Professional Deputy, Firm, Fair and consistent. He is Retired Military 20 + years, PCSD 20+ years, All kinds of Leadership schools and Special Law Enforcement Training. College professor, Farmer, Family man and someone thats knows how to Run a budget for the county.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »
what ever,  Long will be next sheriff

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »
I'm thinking mrbulldog1965 could be Bill Anderson just guessing. I'm also thinking cowboy is correct.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
I provided you videos of him and there are more of him once it loads.

I'm thinking mrbulldog1965 could be Bill Anderson just guessing. I'm also thinking cowboy is correct.