Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131515 times)

Offline lioness

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

"I continue to read your post and would like to visit with you in person. I will come to you or you can come down to my office in Waynesville so we can meet and visit on your questions and concerns. PM me back if you would like to meet.
Bill"

Why don't you just answer me on here and let the rest of the public know what the story is!
Michelle Joslin

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »
lioness can you worry about what you are runing for.why are you runing for commissioner what plans do you have to help

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 17, 2012, 02:42:31 AM »
lioness can you worry about what you are runing for.why are you runing for commissioner what plans do you have to help
IF I WERE running for the commissioner seat, it would be to try and improve the roads in the county, figure out more funding, and let the people decide if they want a better funded sheriff's department by putting the sales tax on the ballet!

Michelle Joslin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 17, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »
I will say that Bill Anderson did email me today and said he has watched my continual questions on here and wants me to meet him so we can "discuss some things".  I say no Bill, just answer the questions publicly and let us know the answers.  You sit on this column and watch all hours of the day it seems, I look to see who is viewing this a lot and see you on here.  If you are going to be the next sheriff you better get used to being asked questions, and some you just might not like, but you still might be required to answer them.  I will NOT come down and meet with you, I want you to answer the questions openly and honestly.  Did you do the things that you are to have rumored to do or not?  Ron Long answered his questions and they went away, so step up to the plate and let us know please! Thank you and have a nice day.
Michelle Joslin

Offline mallard

• Something is here now.
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 17, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
I can only see a couple reasons Anderson will not answer publicly, and only wants to talk to people privately. He does not want a written record of what he says or he is telling people different things and does not want it to come out.  That seriously questions his integrity and ethics for me.

Ron Long- I am very glad to hear that. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »
And a big reason Bill will lose. I am not even worried about the outcome of this election..

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »
You live in Tuscon Rick.  YOu have no worry at all.  But then I tend to agree with your statement and the intent.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 18, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
If I was running for office I would not dignify this site with a responce either. I always thought it was a little odd that JB was always able to get on here (during working hours) and respond. Made me think if he was so damn busy why is he always able to get on here (during working hours) and answer about every stupid question asked. Some people (Bill) I know is a very busy man and actually has a job to perform and does not have time to answer your "important" questions. I respect him that much more for not answering.

OK kids I am backkkkkk. I have been in Kansas City for the past week for required sheriff's office training. I see we had a few problems while I was gone, the hot bank withdrawal, and this morning (7-18-2012) an armed robbery with the victim shot that we are currently working on. So no I do not have a lot of time today and the light above my desk is out and I am typing in the semi-dark and that is not fun.

Duane 4043, You are correct I have been on here at times in the past when I did not have the time to post things BUT when I ran I said I would keep you informed and I do. And second most people that I work for tell me they greatly appreciate my efforts to keep the news up and running. Rumors about this office are constant, most are untrue, the best way I know how to fight bad rumors is with good information. I do realize that some of the "morons" on here will not believe the good info and that is to bad for them. The MAJORITY of the citizens who read the posts will understand and when I can I also tell you were to look to check the facts yourself. So my basic answer is that I disagree with you and consider these "stupid" posts to be part of my job.

JB

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2012, 03:27:06 AM »
"I continue to read your post and would like to visit with you in person. I will come to you or you can come down to my office in Waynesville so we can meet and visit on your questions and concerns. PM me back if you would like to meet.
Bill"

I am not a Bill supporter. You say you will be glad to meet him and in the next few posts say hell no, answer here. Are you thinking about running for a office? Sounds like you want it both ways to me. JMHO

Why don't you just answer me on here and let the rest of the public know what the story is!
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2012, 04:05:56 AM »
You Should Meet him. He wont bite you. He is a down to earth good guy. He will answer any question you have. My Guess is , The rumor mill is so hard on people on this forum he probably doesnt want to say anything and get thrown under the truck like Mr long has. If you dont meet ask him to arrange a phone call or something. Bill is a stand up Guy. He wont lie to you. You cant base an opinion of a man because he doesnt want to be railed by people who want to throw stones. and even Im guilty of this but this site is pretty much people throwing stones and expressing strong  opinions. Often on Rumor.
Biscuit

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
You Should Meet him. He wont bite you. He is a down to earth good guy. He will answer any question you have. My Guess is , The rumor mill is so hard on people on this forum he probably doesnt want to say anything and get thrown under the truck like Mr long has. If you dont meet ask him to arrange a phone call or something. Bill is a stand up Guy. He wont lie to you. You cant base an opinion of a man because he doesnt want to be railed by people who want to throw stones. and even Im guilty of this but this site is pretty much people throwing stones and expressing strong  opinions. Often on Rumor.

I COMPLETELY disagree with everything you have said. He lied to me and gave me a the run around. He was rude and disrespectful!!! Remember my son was a victim and I was seeking help. After I plastered it all over PCW he got a bit nicer but by then it was too late. Not was not my first time talking to him.
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
If there is a negative rumor running around town about you, why wouldn't you want to set the facts straight if you were innocent? You would. Guilty as charged..

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
Bill and ron will be a good race

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »
Bill may be a good "instructor" but I can tell you from experience he is NOT a good leader.  I was working their when the deputy "quit" (NO she did NOT quit) and I am no longer working their because of Bill and another individual who is still at the sheriff's department.  As a matter of fact, the sheriff's department is short several GREAT employees because of Bill and the same other individual.  Bill definately has the "Do as I say, NOT as I do attitude" and that is not a good thing in that line of work.  If a deputy or someone else were to do something that he did, oh boy would it backfire on that employee.  Bill is NOT even close to being ready for the sheriff's position. 

Very well said and all true.  I worked there also at that time.  One can work for low wages in a good work environment, but when the bs level is high they tend to leave as we both did as well as several other dispatchers and deputies. 

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2012, 05:42:10 AM »
Well I have never worked with Bill. Just know him as an honest guy and a friend. I know if you ask him a question about his sheriff possibility.....he will answer you honestly. He did me. I asked him a critical question based on the current. Sheriff's. Problems and he answered. My question..... And others to my satisfaction.
Biscuit

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »

If eating watermellon becomes a requirement for sherriff i know who would win !
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 02, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »

Offline mallard

• Something is here now.
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 03, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »
Obviously stuffing his face with melon is more important than answering our questions.   :poke:

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2012, 01:28:40 AM »
Now he's better than you on two fronts.

Obviously stuffing his face with melon is more important than answering our questions.   :poke:

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »
One thing i did notice was that no republican bothered to join in the contest,,,,during the parade the dem's in the parade walked, ron long rode and waved from the back of a truck. rick z and vicky h both had a vehicle driven in the parade with a little magnet on the side that had there name on it but were no shows during the parade. Colin Long seemed to have the best time tossing candy to the kids' you could notice his smile a mile away

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 03, 2012, 03:05:31 AM »

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 03, 2012, 03:06:20 AM »

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 03, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »
One thing i did notice was that no republican bothered to join in the contest,,,,during the parade the dem's in the parade walked, ron long rode and waved from the back of a truck. rick z and vicky h both had a vehicle driven in the parade with a little magnet on the side that had there name on it but were no shows during the parade. Colin Long seemed to have the best time tossing candy to the kids' you could notice his smile a mile away
Back when Colin was a Kid he applied for a job at Micky D's
Dave W. asked him to tell him a little bit about his self.
Colin said well to start with I was born a Humble Black child in Mississippi.
Did He get the Job?? you betcha he did.

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2012, 03:46:19 AM »
Well I have never worked with Bill. Just know him as an honest guy and a friend. I know if you ask him a question about his sheriff possibility.....he will answer you honestly. He did me. I asked him a critical question based on the current. Sheriff's. Problems and he answered. My question..... And others to my satisfaction.

So he answered your questions. What were they? Critical questions answered would help us all. Were they just critical to you?  You opened this venue of questions and I would like to know what the questions were. Did you get a warm feeling running up your leg. Sorry, that last comment was in bad taste. It came from the MSM.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 03, 2012, 06:32:47 AM »
Frankly I asked him what his plans were for a sinking ship and how he planned to pull it out. What he thought about the old middle school as a jail, and how that would work.....Answers? Its not my place to answer for Bill, nor quote him. Like I said before ....Hes not going to play the rumor mill. you call him or message him and he will get back to you with as honest an answer he can give. Im not campaigning so Its not up to me to provide his answers. Its Up to you to obtain them.
Biscuit

Offline AdrienneE

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 03, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
So has anyone heard from either of them as to whether or not they will keep up the press releases or the sheriff's weekly spot in the paper?

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 04, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »
So has anyone heard from either of them as to whether or not they will keep up the press releases or the sheriff's weekly spot in the paper?

I bet NOT. What I think is funny is the sheriff isn't running and catching it like he was.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 04, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
rick z and vicky h both had a. vehicle driven in the parade with a little magnet on the side that had there name on it but were no shows during the parade.

actually Rick was in the parade, He was in the same vehicle with Gene Newkirk. Atleast that is who I was told was driving the vehicle but I did see him I just didn't know the driver myself.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 08, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »

Regarding the question about press releases, I do have a few responses for Adrienne... If I am elected in November, the answer will be "yes" but our citizens will see somewhat of a change over how Sheriff King is doing it now. First, I will have a newspaper article such as J.B's but it will be a little more condensed and I am not sure yet about the frequency. There will also be several other ways I will be disbursing information to the public. One will be via internet, another by press releases and two by monthly personal appearances, which I will go more into detail later on. With the exception of these monthly appearances (will be scheduled for evenings), the press releases and internet outlets will be very minimal in the time consuming department but will still allow the public to view the activities of the PCSD... I personally have enjoyed reading Sheriff King's newspaper articles, which are both informative and interesting and I am a FIRM BELIEVER that the community needs to know the operation of their government agencies.  I have been visiting the sheriff's office some, along with doing a few ride-outs with deputies. Of what I have been seeing, there is no doubt I will be very busy if I am elected. The PCSD is a very busy place!  Actually, I write to relax, so except for major events most of my newspaper articles will be dictated by the time I have at home during the evening hours.... Thanks for the question, Adrienne......................... Ron

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 09, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
 DONT you think you shoud have been doing ride outs along time ago