Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election  (Read 131026 times)

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Sheriff's Office Election
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

So go to their web sites and keep the answers a secret?  Long has a list of endorsements from Texas but none local, strange.

Why should I?
I have seen their sites.
I asked three simple questions, they may choose to answer or not.
I will choose who I will vote for and that will be that.
I don't need to go to them, I am not running for office.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:46 AM »
Good Morning.

I am Johnny Burgess and I am running for sheriff of Pulaski County. I will be on here from time to time to answer questions and comment. there is one thing that I will not do and that is take cheap shots at the other running for this office. I will address questions about me and what I will attempt to do if a become the next sheriff. All of the others seeking this office have earned my respect for years of service to their community and their nation. We have all made mistakes.

Please feel free to ask me questions and I will try to answer them in 24 hours.

Thank You
J. Burgess

To be fair I should do this one also. It is after all the one I was referring to.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »
Just had a candidate for sheriff stop by my house out here in the sticks. Wish I would have been at the door instead of my old lady. He stated he will be strong on drugs, crime and will answer all calls.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
i don't think they will answer to many questions on here because it will be to easy to get trapped in a bad ansewer.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »
i don't think they will answer to many questions on here because it will be to easy to get trapped in a bad ansewer.

You are speaking of the candidtaes only correct?
JB

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
1.       With the current budget there are 2-3 officers on per shift.  JB has applied for the grant to increase salaries through the state however I believe that it is a competitive grant so that may or may not come in.  As the sheriff you will see me out of the office as well as the rest of those assigned as enforcement officers taking calls and handling cases. I would like to realign the department to put on a fulltime detective. I have several ideas but all of them are based on budget and I cannot put anything hard together until closer to the new budget and better numbers.
2.[/size]       The jail is another issue. We are currently spending a lot of money in another county, housing inmates there. This is a 2 fold issue, first building it or modifying the old Waynesville middle school is only the first step. Now you have utilities, then manpower nearly triple the current number of jail staff. Currently the entire department is funded out of general revenue from the county. The only fair way to fund it is most likely a sales tax for the sheriff’s department. It makes it fair for everyone in the county based on what you spend here and it defers some of the tax to those who visit. On this matter I think that it should be placed on the ballot and let the people vote on it with all the facts placed in a public forum. Then we will know what the residents of the county want. I don’t want to pay more taxes either unless I know I am getting what I am paying for.
3.[/size]       To protect the sheriff’s department the first thing any good leader does is surround your self with the best qualified people that know the job and want to do the job. Those folks make you look good with very little effort on my part. Then educate and train the staff so that when they are on their own they perform professionally and to department standards. The education is not just in law enforcement but giving them a well rounded education helps as well.
4.[/size]       As for the county all of the incorporated cities have paid law enforcement as the county sheriff it is my primary responsibility to focus my efforts on the rest of the county. That does not mean that we will not respond when requested but that we will honor their departments and assist as needed.  There are currently mutual aid agreements in place with most of the departments so working together is not that hard. Crime does not respect the city limit signs so if Waynesville or St Robert are working a case and the information leads them into the county all it takes is a phone call to the supervisor on duty and they should continue to work their case and be given every assistance to solve it.

I asI asked for 24 hours I just got off work so here is your answer. I am not afraid of being "trapped" so to speak I will make every attempt to answer you truthfully and if you dislike my answers thats fine but I will Not make promises I dont know if I can Keep. If you dont like my answers thats fine offer me a suggestion and I will be glad to take it under advisement.

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
MR. Burgess,
                      Thank you for answering the questions, just for the record I didn't need the answers within 24 hrs, we all understand working/sleeping..

As far as your answers, it is what was expected and I value your responses, I have a  follow on question if you don't mind.

How will you get the County Commission to place the LE Sales Tax onto a ballot to let the people decide? Asking them doesn't seem to work.

Again thank for taking the time to answer...

Offline Johnny Burgess

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
There are two options one is the next election. The voters can decide if they are happy with the current commission, if they are not they can vote them out.

The second would be a petition drive to force their hand so to speak. Whatever the solution is on getting it to the voters thats where it needs to be.

We also need to learn lessons from other counties and make sure whatever is placed on the ballot will address the future as well as the present. That is how we have a big new courthouse built over the top of an existing jail.

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
There are two options one is the next election. The voters can decide if they are happy with the current commission, if they are not they can vote them out.

Good Answer!!

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
Ron Long here again... I appreciate all of the e-mails you are sending but I will still appear on here as time permits to address questions... One of them is why I left full-time law enforcement.... Simple and condensed answer.. I opted for an early retirement plan so I could take a job working for Texas Farm Bureau's Special Investigations Unit. This allowed for better benefits for me and my family, and in the long term much better retirement plans than if I would have remained a full time cop. Now I have other retirements to accompany my law enforcement one... Plus the move allowed me to be a more diverse and eduated investigator and manager, while still serving as a reserve Lieutenant with the Travis County Sheriff's Office..
Once again, thanks for your input and questions...... Ron

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
Ron Long, I have a few questions that I am not sure you want to answer on here.
#1. I seem to remember you having said you were a major and other things, then you just said you were a LT, why did you move jobs to go down in rank? 
#2. You mention all these credentials listed on here, but I am not seeing anything from Missouri, are you even licensed in this state, if not how do you plan on running the office if you don't know our laws? 
#3. You have been working in bigger towns mostly city correct?  If so, do you think your big city ideas will work in our little county?  I know many of my fellow city folk here in crocker don't take kindly to be treated like a number, we like to be known as a name and are different in the way we handle things then in the city. 
#4.  You have said all these things you plan to do, give me a road map on how you are going to do them with the current budget and # of people, or less people as it appears that Mr. King's grants may be running out very soon.  I can tell you I am going to make your toe nails match mine all day "which are purple", but not telling you how they are going to get there could be a problem.  I could paint them the same shade as mine or I could smack them with a hammer, outcome is the same, they turn purple. 

These are just some of the questions I have.  I have some for the other candidates as well, but I have not heard a lot of how you plan to do stuff, just you are going to do it, so first you.
Michelle Joslin

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »
Lioness, did you miss the part about Ron stating he has a Missouri P.O.S.T certification...

Offline ronlongforsheriff

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
Just a few quick answers then will come back later...
1. When one moves from one law enforement agency to another, in almost every case rank does not move with them.. I had to start from patrolman and re-earn my rank of reserve lieutentant with Travis County in my last LE position.
2. I am Missouri POST certified, as listed on my web-site. Also, anyone may contact the Missouri Department of Public Safety and assertain this information. This allows me to be a law enforcement officer with any agency in the state of Missouri.
3. I have worked in areas with millions in population, to locations throughtout the county where all I see is cattle and deer, and I enjoy both. And please don't forget that I was a reserve officer earlier in my career in Waynesville, and a Sgt. with St. Robert P.D.... This diversity has allowed me to interact with people from all walks of life, and work on most types of crimes and situations. I am  very culturally diverse, and treat all people equal and fair, as I will expect out of my deputies, if elected. Regarding Pulaski County, I was born here, have 5 generations of family history in PC, and have been a resident for 26 years myself. I know Pulaski county and will serve their citizens in a proud, equal and professional manner as previous family relatives and myself have in the past.
4. Budget - First, as the ole saying goes, "one can't balance the checkbook until they see all money coming in and all going out". Without a doubt, not just the sheriff's office but it appears that all departments in Pulaski County are running lean and mean right now. Without writing "pages" on this topic, I will cover a few.. Yes, grants are EXTREMELY important in law enforcement, and my efforts will continue on such. I am a firm believer in community involvement in ANY type of government, and have seen how such can be very condusive to making the wheels spin more efficient. And I am definitely one who does not mind seeking assistance from professionals outside the department, too. I will also do my best to work with the county commissioners to develop and maintain my funding.. In a nutshell, I have already consulted with and have 2 professional grant writers on standby, locals in the financial field, individuals in national levels who work in this area that are willing to help, along with many other law enforcement leaders who have offered their assistance in this and other areas. Last but not least, people in the current SO who have worked on these grants. And the best part, these people are all willing to "volunteer" their time and not be an additional expense to the county. These are a just a few of my ideas, hope they help.
Talking about volunteers, I will be placing A LOT of emphasis on maintaining and building the PCSD Reserve unit. I have seen what a vital importance the reserves are to all sheriff departments, along with Pulaski County. Just think about this..... Your Pulaski County Reserve Deputies donate their free time in a dangerous position to protect you and your property, so next time you see one, let them know how much you appreciate what they do. I can't think of very many volunteer positions where people frequently put their lives on the line to help others. (my plug for the day)...
Got to run.. Will answer more later.... As always..... stay safe, stay positive and enjoy your day.... Ron

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
 Ron Long......Far and away the best man for the job!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:33 AM »
jt or bill anderson best for the job

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
forget JT he had his chance, and he blew it...i say leave the past in the past and start with someone fresh and new
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Ron I am still waiting for answers to my questions! 

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »
JT knocked on my door and I had some very blunt questions I asked and it offended him I guess. He asked why I was so supportive of JB. He even went on to say QUOTE, Im gonna whip JB`s ass and you can tell him that. I have a feeling there is bad blood there. Im gonna vote for Ron even tho I know an IDIOT is voting that way also. I think he still is rooting for Ron Paul LMAO. dumbass
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2012, 03:26:28 AM »
Got to register to vote. Its easy to check. http://www.wallbuilders.com/vote/
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »
JT the man for the job :{:{:

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »
Thank You Mr Long and Mr Burgess for your answers so far. I appreciate all of the comments on here from you two.  I see Mr. Anderson posted once and said the political thing, his website has a little more information.  I have not seen anything from Roberts or Pappas. 

Edward you seem to know Mr. Roberts I would like to know why you think he is the best man for the job.  I have read the law suit, looked at the statistics the sheriff put up etc, and frankly, I cannot see how he is the best man for the job based on his track record.  I would like to know how the man is the best man for the job.  I realize you may just be poking the posters on the board, but I am serious about this election, this is an extremely important issue to me, I live in the country part of the county and the sheriff department is all I can count on.  I see all these reports of people stealing and really don't want to have to kill a thief in my house, I would hope I could count on the sheriff.  So Edward can you give me any substance for why he is the best man for the job?

I also would like to know if anyone knows Pappas.  I see his signs all over but have not heard anything from him.  I can't find a website or anything.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
Mr Pappas stopped by the house a couple evenings ago, my family was eating and my wife listened to what he had to say. He left a flyer here and I read it. Seems to have a good background in LE. Retired from Military. Has an email address but didn't see a website. I will email him this site and invite him to answer a few questions.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
JT knocked on my door and I had some very blunt questions I asked and it offended him I guess. He asked why I was so supportive of JB. He even went on to say QUOTE, Im gonna whip JB`s ass and you can tell him that. I have a feeling there is bad blood there. Im gonna vote for Ron even tho I know an IDIOT is voting that way also. I think he still is rooting for Ron Paul LMAO. dumbass

Are you sure he said he wanted to assault a law enforcement officer?

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »
several people was here and he was adament. 4 witnesses
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »

Are you sure he said he wanted to assault a law enforcement officer?
I'd bet the farm...it never happend!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
I bet that didNOT happend

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »
Let's see, took me 10 minutes to clean up this thread. That will be 100 dollars bob and mark each if you want back on here.. You can take it and deposit it directly into my bank account at Security Bank..

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
Let's see, took me 10 minutes to clean up this thread. That will be 100 dollars bob and mark each if you want back on here.. You can take it and deposit it directly into my bank account at Security Bank..
That is so good to hear, And if they do pay the hundred bucks and then do anything wrong make it 500 dollars.
Rick I wish you a 3 way with the Olson twins for this :yahoo: :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.