Author Topic: 6 Sentenced to DOC 8-1-12  (Read 4549 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
6 Sentenced to DOC 8-1-12
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
8/1/12

Six Offenders Sentenced to the Department of Corrections

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that in Circuit Court action over the last month, six offenders were sentenced to terms of imprisonment in the Department of Corrections.  The seven are:

The first defendant was Alvin Hamilton of St. Robert.  He was on probation after pleading guilty to two counts of distribution of a controlled substance.  After failing to comply with the terms and conditions of probation, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Storie granted the motion, revoked his probation and sentenced him to ten years in the Department of Corrections on each count, to run concurrent.  The original case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

The second defendant was Michael Ebert of Dixon.  He was on probation after pleading guilty to one count of burglary in the second degree.  After failing to comply with the terms and conditions of probation, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Storie granted the motion, revoked his probation, and sentenced him to five years in the Department of Corrections.  He is eligible for treatment while in the DOC.  The original case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

The third defendant was Jesse Driskill of Lebanon.  Mr. Driskill pled guilty to crop damage after he cut off the bark of numerous slippery elm trees along the Gasconade River on private property to sell as a home medical remedy.  The trees died as a result of his acts.  Judge Storie sentenced him to serve two years in the Department of Corrections as a result of his plea.  The case was investigated by the Missouri Department of Conservation.

The fourth defendant was Bobby Bell of Dixon.  He was on probation for property damage in the first degree.  After failing to comply with the terms and conditions of his probation, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Storie granted the motion, revoked his probation, and sentenced him to serve three years in the Department of Corrections.  The Dixon Police Department investigated the original case.

The fifth defendant was Samuel Dean of Richland.  He was on probation for burglary in the second degree.  After failing to comply with the terms and conditions of his probation, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Storie granted the motion, revoked his probation, and sentenced him to serve seven years in the Department of Corrections. He is eligible for treatment while in the DOC.  The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office handled the original investigation.

The sixth defendant was Kylie Martin of Dixon.  She pled guilty to one count of possession of a controlled substance.  As a result of her plea, Judge Sheffield sentenced her to seven years in the Department of Corrections.  She is eligible for treatment while in the DOC.  The Waynesville Police Department investigated the case.

“These sentences send the message that we are serious about sending criminals to prison in Pulaski County, especially ones that cannot abide by the terms and conditions of their probation,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman.  “I want to thank all of our law enforcement professionals for working hard to keep Pulaski County safe.  These sentences are a result of their hard work.”

The cases were prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton, Laura Kriebs, Dean Matthews, and Bill Hardwick.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Sentenced to DOC 8-1-12
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
Too bad our old prosecutor didnt think what Jesse Driskell done was bad enough to bring him up on charges when it happened.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
Send some ladies to the joint..
He did..... and the other 5 will be ladyfied by Bubba after they get there COMEUPPANCE  ::D:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
2 years seams like an awful lot for harvesting bark off a worthless old elm tree since the wood is not good for lumber or fire wood. seams like a fine or paying for the trees would have been more fair. but what do i know im just a country boy who probably needs to move some place a little more country then this.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »
2 years seams like an awful lot for harvesting bark off a worthless old elm tree since the wood is not good for lumber or fire wood. seams like a fine or paying for the trees would have been more fair. but what do i know im just a country boy who probably needs to move some place a little more country then this.

I suspect that the sentence was influenced by the many pages of info that is listed under Driskill's name on casenet.
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 12:22:14 AM »
I suspect that the sentence was influenced by the many pages of info that is listed under Driskill's name on casenet.
:th_gen129:   :{:{:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
 Mr. Driskell is awaiting trial in Laclede County for murder. I don't think he will ever be out of prison to make restitution.  That's why we did the prison time.  It is also a reminder of how dangerous a job law enforcement is. In this case, the Conservation Agent was alone at the river dealing with Driskell. Clearly, Driskell is dangerous and goes to show that you never know who you are dealing with, even on a game violation or speeding ticket. Kudos to the Conservation Agent.

Offline oneandoneonly

• Don't like me? I really don't care!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »
This is just a generic question,

What is the ratio of offenders that reoffend if given probation? Meaning if 10 people are given probation, does say 6 reoffend?

It just seems to be alot of people who are on probation, who are given a second chance, get in troble again...

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »
This is just a generic question,

What is the ratio of offenders that reoffend if given probation? Meaning if 10 people are given probation, does say 6 reoffend?

It just seems to be alot of people who are on probation, who are given a second chance, get in troble again...
  start putting them 2 to a bed in the big house and then see how many want to screw up there probations
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 04:06:13 AM »
I wonder what the law is for convicted felons to live side by side in the same area. Aren't the suppose to be living away from other felons?
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline COUGAR59

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
I would like the answer to that question also. My family of in-laws all live with each other, check casenet and see their addresses, and they are all criminals of breaking every law possible.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »
I do not know the specifics of how many offenders on probation fail probation.  My guess is less than 50%.  Felons can not associate with other felons while on probation or parole.  That would include living together, however they typically allow family members to live together. 

Offline COUGAR59

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:25 AM »
Do they allow felons to live with their mother when they get into trouble? She hides them in her residence every time and has hindered arrest many times with her three children you have housed in PSCD. Her excuse she is afraid of them. Is this a logical excuse to move them back in? Maybe if she could not let them come back home they would go to some other county and quit harming our youth with their drug activities and assaults.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »
My question was about 3 different felons. 2 I know are on probation. They live right across the street from each other and do talk, associate togather. I know the PCSD knows about the 2 that are on probation. Is this leagle was my question.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
These specific scenarios are left up to the discretion of the probation officer and the judge.  I have filed motions to revoke for felons associating with one another, but after the probation officer reports it to me. I guess if the mother is a problem, they could order the probationer not to live with her.  And the ones associating across the street would also seem to be a violation, especially if they have been told not to associate. However, without knowing what they were directed by their specific probation officer, I can't answer the question for sure.  Sorry, but those are good questions.

Kevin