Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: To all Veterans  (Read 2194 times)

Offline mrbulldog1965

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
To all Veterans
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Hello my fellow brothers and sisters who ever serverd in our military! The talk was Ft.Wood was on the chopping block agian? I told lots friends etc. there is no way Ft.Wood will ever close. This is why; Ft.Wood has not just Engineer training center in the U.S. for our military. But now the Military Police & Chemical Schools in the United States! Think about how many military families live in the surrounding county's. Way to much money, Government Money (FT.Wood ) brings to the the Pulaski County! It in my opinion will never close period. To much at stake. Just think about all the money , the Waynesville school system would lose?

Respectfully
22 year retired
Military Veteran

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
Re: To all Veterans
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
U might want to edit your message, it sounds retarded, no offense

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »
But he means well.

U might want to edit your message, it sounds retarded, no offense
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:40 AM »
I am sure FT Wood will be way on the bottom of any US base closures. We have some of the best training facilities in the world for both Engineers and the Chemical Corps. Mp's can train anywhere there is people to arrest. (Engineers and MP"S never get along LOL). If the local community and our elected officials stick together we have nothing to worry about. JMHO   Mp's do their job too huh Kevin. That is a rib for you folks that don't know us that I could not resist.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
JeepGuy
Get a life.  It is very clear what he is saying

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
what happens if the local comunity dont support it? i dont believe we have anything do with it weather we support it or not.

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
The local community better support keeping Fort Leonard Wood open.  FLW is the communities bread and butter and has been for years

Offline Lynyrd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »
I read about this a few weeks ago and saw that there were many suprises on the list such as Ft. Irwin, Ft. Sill and yes, Ft. Wood (along with four or five other military installations).  Any of us that have worked for Uncle Sam for any period of time knows how he likes to shake things up.  Not long after the press release on this came out there was another that stated many of these locations would not be closed but units and organizations at their locations may be moved to centralize operations and (as is always the main topic) save $$$.  I don't see Ft. Irwin being shut down just as I don't see our beloved Ft. Wood getting the axe, but I can see some of the units/organizations here being relocated to better suit the military.  It's just something the big brass in DC likes to do - move things around to supposedly save money.  I can understand it but at the same time, unless it is a drastic savings, I would think the cost of the moves would negate any real savings of our tax dollars. There's something we always need to keep in mind though; the military has never concerned themselves with leaving a surrounding community in the dust of a move.  They do what they are told to do no matter the fallout.  Many times in the past we have been the community that has prospered because of such moves like 4th MEB, NBC and MP's relocating to Ft. Wood.  Just sayin'...

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
You have people in congress doing what ever they can trying to pursuade others that they need this or they need that.  Ike knew alot of folks in DC when he was there and knew which strings to pull to get what he wanted ,  The base as we know it now was all Ike.  The article that was posted said he doubted fort wood would completly close but segments could easily be moved else where.   Its all politics and there aint a damn thing we can do about it but hope we have the right person in place in washington to go to bat for us.  A congressman in California could scratch the right back and get a needed boost to the economy in his district.  in doing so he gets 4 more years.    Just wait and see, 2013 will over before you know it.  When it does happen i will be the 1st one to remind e1 that voting out Ike was the wrong thing to do. 
 I asked the guy who asked me about this who he heard it from and he told me, i have yet to speak to him about where he heard it.  The daily guide story came about because of a guy i work with also works part time for the rolla paper and seen me reading the online story, and immediatly called the reporter who then contacted the base.  His article was posted the next day.  I can see why JB says he can follow this site and squash the rumors before they get out of hand , this story is a good example of that and the impact this site has in the area. 

John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:49 AM »
if the fort was going to close we all would know. the tenant units would be informed. there is more to closing an army post than just closing the gate. the other branches are affected. I don't believe the fort will ever close. if it does though, there is nothing the community could do about it. look at all the bases across the country that have closed, and they had a lot of community support.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
While they do take into consideration the impact a closing would have on a community it is not their biggest concern. Read an article yesterday about the closing of Fort Ord CA. and that it represented 25% of the local economy. Being in CA however it is probably easier for a community to recover. Big retail stores came in, large housing development took place etc.  if and when there is a BRAC all bases will be considered the flipside is that a BRAC could be good for Fort Wood if they shut down a different base the post could expand. There is no BRAC for 2013 so it doesn’t matter at least for the moment.