Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Possible Child Sodmy  (Read 36458 times)

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Possible Child Sodmy
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

If someone goes and files a charge against someone for them doing something to their child as in touching them in areas that should not be touched, why would they not get arrested? Example lets say a 5 year old little girl told you that someone touched her and described it to you completely so you get the law involved and they investigate and you file the report and they go talk to the person who they said done it and the the ones who investigated said they weren't going to arrest him cause " They have health problems" worried about them having a spell while in jail. I don't care if this person isn't on their death bed shouldn't they be locked up after they got the call on this? Just because someone has COPD and takes sleeping pills, is it ok that they are able to be left out on the streets to hurt someone Else's child instead of being arrested and punished for what they have done? Yes I would like to know the answer to this cause it is going on right now and I feel as if this isn't being taken care of like it should be.  :anger: :anger: :th_tha3ab577b-1: :th_tha3ab577b-1:
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Chas

• View Profile
Re: Possible Child Molestation
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »
Somebody needs to answer this. If this is true heads should roll and not only the pervert's.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
Have they reported it to family services?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Have they reported it to family services?

yes

Offline Hi

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »
my guess is after the investigation no evidence was found or witnesses/the little girl changed their story.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »
my guess is after the investigation no evidence was found or witnesses/the little girl changed their story.

nope none of the above...they have now been told they are waiting on the prosecuting attorneys office to decide. I still don't care about all of that, that guy should have been taken into custody once the report was taken!!!! I was raped in 1984 and as soon as I made the report they went and arrested him so this should have been treated the same way. I worry that people like this who is sitting free still could decide to do this to someone Else's child before something gets done.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
they have to wait on the prosecutor to get a warrant for the mans arrest based on the information and evidence, there is a process, as bad as it may be in this situation, this process protects everyone in America.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:08 PM »
You need to talk to JB he will take care of this asshole

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
Im thinking its in city limits so wouldn't the local police be responsible for that first?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
If this is the case I suspect it is then here are some facts for your consideration;

1. No, the city is not working the case, PCSD reserve detectives are on the case. My request, Chief agreed.
2. No, the suspect did not confess. We will have to prove the case. Not every five year old is a great witness nor will other people look at the five year old the same way close relatives will look and believe.
3. Fact of life; PCSD is not supported by the tax base needed to handle the volume of cases Pulaski County produces. In this case two very skilled and highly trained unpaid volunteers are working the case.
4. Fact of life, you may only or should only make an arrest of a suspect when you know you can submit a statement of probable cause within less then 24 hours, the PA needs time to digest a complex set of facts in order to make a proper legal ruling. If you do not have time to submit the PC then you do not arrest because that is an abuse of the system and given the right case could lead to very bad case law such as Miranda V Arizona 1966.
5. Fact of life the PA does not always agree with our opinion and the facts we view as guilt establishing. We have been told in many cases to obtain more info.
6. Fact of life the unpaid folks did not have the time to render a complex PC within less than a 24 hour window. Poor PC leads to poor case which you could lose in court thus hacking off many people. The two detectives in question are not inferior detectives. Their track record is impressive.
7. Fact of life, if you want effective full time law enforcement work in this county then you must get behind the sheriff with a 1/2 or 3/4 cent LE sales tax which will allow him to employ the narcotic and detective deputies along with a proper force of road deputies that are needed to patrol this county. If you want less than effective work then vote against the sales tax. Keep the two deputies per shift concept alive and well. The Pulaski County Drug Dealers Association highly recommends the two deputy per shift work schedule.
8. On the sales tax issue I can say whatever I want because there is no possible way it could be passed and the money collected in time to assist me. This is for the next sheriff to use.
9. Repeat, think of the future.
10. Repeat, think of the future.
11. Repeat, think of the future.

JB

Offline mallard

• Something is here now.
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »
I would rather have them take the time to do it right if it where my case or kid. I would not want any loopholes a scumbag like that could try to wiggle thru. 

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »

Hah! thats why he has been leaving me alone :wink1a:  Thanks JB for keeping him busy ;D   :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »

Hah! thats why he has been leaving me alone :wink1a:  Thanks JB for keeping him busy ;D   :th_gen129:
Wrong Maynard, not me, I have been leaving you alone because my truck caught fire and I have been repairing it!
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 02:50:36 AM »
Wrong Maynard, not me, I have been leaving you alone because my truck caught fire and I have been repairing it!
Firetruck? starts with an F and ends with a K.  Sorry about your truck dude :(
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »
Sheriff you should have also mentioned that money for prisoners medical bills are not on hand. If you know someone has a health problem you don't want them in your jail. I find it kind of sad a healthy person would get jailed but someone with health issues would not be held. I understand why but it is sad you are in that predicament. I remember a local guy that was on 50k cash bond, had a heart attack or faked one and was release on his own recognisance.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 07:56:18 AM »
bob?
Biscuit

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »
If this is the case I suspect it is then here are some facts for your consideration;

1. No, the city is not working the case, PCSD reserve detectives are on the case. My request, Chief agreed.
2. No, the suspect did not confess. We will have to prove the case. Not every five year old is a great witness nor will other people look at the five year old the same way close relatives will look and believe.
3. Fact of life; PCSD is not supported by the tax base needed to handle the volume of cases Pulaski County produces. In this case two very skilled and highly trained unpaid volunteers are working the case.
4. Fact of life, you may only or should only make an arrest of a suspect when you know you can submit a statement of probable cause within less then 24 hours, the PA needs time to digest a complex set of facts in order to make a proper legal ruling. If you do not have time to submit the PC then you do not arrest because that is an abuse of the system and given the right case could lead to very bad case law such as Miranda V Arizona 1966.
5. Fact of life the PA does not always agree with our opinion and the facts we view as guilt establishing. We have been told in many cases to obtain more info.
6. Fact of life the unpaid folks did not have the time to render a complex PC within less than a 24 hour window. Poor PC leads to poor case which you could lose in court thus hacking off many people. The two detectives in question are not inferior detectives. Their track record is impressive.
7. Fact of life, if you want effective full time law enforcement work in this county then you must get behind the sheriff with a 1/2 or 3/4 cent LE sales tax which will allow him to employ the narcotic and detective deputies along with a proper force of road deputies that are needed to patrol this county. If you want less than effective work then vote against the sales tax. Keep the two deputies per shift concept alive and well. The Pulaski County Drug Dealers Association highly recommends the two deputy per shift work schedule.
8. On the sales tax issue I can say whatever I want because there is no possible way it could be passed and the money collected in time to assist me. This is for the next sheriff to use.
9. Repeat, think of the future.
10. Repeat, think of the future.
11. Repeat, think of the future.

JB

JB,

I have to say that most of the time I like reading your posts and for the most part agree with them. But I will say that everyone on this board knows the PCSD is under funded. It doesn't have to be in every post. This is a topic about a little girl and her family that is going through a very serious time. I really don't feel it is the time or place to be selling a tax to the readers. Just my opinion. I hope everything works out for this little girl and her family. Put this piece of trash where he belongs.
1*

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »

JB,

I have to say that most of the time I like reading your posts and for the most part agree with them. But I will say that everyone on this board knows the PCSD is under funded. It doesn't have to be in every post. This is a topic about a little girl and her family that is going through a very serious time. I really don't feel it is the time or place to be selling a tax to the readers. Just my opinion. I hope everything works out for this little girl and her family. Put this piece of trash where he belongs.
agree

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

JB,

Yes it is about funding. I have 2 unpaid people working this who have the special training needed to make a case such as this. If I had the money there would be a greater chance that I would have people such as them on the payroll and they would have had the time to make an arrest in such as case and do the PC for the PA and we would not have this entire thread posted on here because it would have been handled the first time. You get what you pay for.

How else am I to drive home the issues created by the lack of proper funding? Giving you examples on a case by case basis does seem to create opinions and raise awareness among the citizens.

As to wishes yes we wish we could take care of it the first time also but the detectives have been slammed by cases of late. They did 5 interviews on Saturday alone for cases. And that generates even more info for a complex PC statement.

JB

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »

JB,

Are you kidding me this is exactly the right place to make a statement about the LE Tax, nothing gets the public more involved in what is going on in the community then when a young child is being molested, people wanted to know why the guy was not arrested and JB posted why. If the PCSD had the money to hire these guys fulltime then the pervert would probably be in jail by now, but since our great county commissioner will not put the LE tax on the ballot, then murder, robbery, child molestation and rape cases will not get the full attention they need and the only ones that pay are the victims. 

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
I agree with Fireman_Jeff, thats all you hear anymore - No money, no funds etc etc.  What a stupid thing to say in a case like this.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
YOu can't put the perv/perp where he needs to be.  Sorry. It is illegal.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
I agree with Fireman_Jeff, thats all you hear anymore - No money, no funds etc etc.  What a stupid thing to say in a case like this.

It's only stupid when it does not affect you or your family. You guys will be the first ones on here complaining about not getting the protection you need when your ass get robbed or worse.

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
It's only stupid when it does not affect you or your family. You guys will be the first ones on here complaining about not getting the protection you need when your ass get robbed or worse.

My ass has been robbed. The only way money could have changed it is, I need more money to replace the stuff that was taken. I think Washington has proved that all the money in the world doesn't produce quality.
1*

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
I think it safe to say that most people on here would support the tax but WE are not the ones that can put on the ballot. If they won’t allow it on the ballot then no one know for sure if it would pass or not.  I agree with JB that children don't make the best witness. I have sit on a jury for child molestation case and we found guy not guilty. 

Offline stiffcat76

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
My ass has been robbed. The only way money could have changed it is, I need more money to replace the stuff that was taken. I think Washington has proved that all the money in the world doesn't produce quality.
funny how politicians alway look for away to take somthing bad and turn it into money.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »
I have siad this before:  it is  NOT the job of Law Enforcement to protect us as individuals.  SCOTUS has ruled on that.  It is up to us individually to protect ourselves.  Read my signature line.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
funny how politicians alway look for away to take somthing bad and turn it into money.

It's all about money... we need more money for this, more money for that...
But, you don't hear anyone saying "our department (city, county, etc.) will be decreasing services in order to stay within our budget."  It's always a threat, which causes panic & "rage", which causes people to vote in / spend more money.  I don't know about the rest of you, but if I don't have enough money in my budget to do everything I want to do then things get cut.  People live in the county, but expect city type LE.  That's not the way it works.  A SD is not a PD, they have very different missions & responsibilities.  For example (and I know JB will disagree with this as it's something we agreed to disagree on a long time ago) a SD has no business running traffic.  Every minute a deputy spends running radar is a minute they are not investigating a crime, or serving papers, or securing the court house (their main purposes, although I will admit I am paraphrasing & not quoting statutes).  How many man-hours have been spent doing drug interdiction on I44, and what's the pay out?  How many of those man-hours could have been spent serving papers (generating revenue) or investigating crimes, or writing reports?  Unfortunately, the Sheriff wouldn't get nearly the number of reserve deputies to come in on a Sat morning to do paper service, because it's not nearly as fun as pulling people over, trashing their personal belongings & "hunting".

Back to the topic... It is unfortunate that someone like this is still out there.  The best we (parents) can do is safeguard our children and wait for justice to be served.  A proper investigation must take place to get charges filed, charges have to be filed for the person to be arrested & go to trial.  If the investigation isn't water tight we (tax payers) will spend a ton of money to prosecute a shotty case, which will end up with the defendant walking free.  I'm not the most patient person, and if this was my family I can't say what my reaction would be.  Unfortunately, justice doesn't happen over night, it takes time & resources.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
You people don't get it.  I watch all of this.  This is the most transparent sheriff I have ever encountered.  I ask him tough questions, criticize when I feel appropriate, and he always takes it like a politician should (in my opinion).   I have never heard the sheriff say that his budget money was spent running radar, it was either grants or volunteers. So that does not cost anything.

Reserves (and I know some of them) donate hundreds of hours to cases and patrol and papers.  What do any of you do for the county?  Any of you volunteer?  How many of you that volunteer get shot at? Get beat up?  I've read about those things on here and most of the time those are volunteers.  I am thankful that "two highly skilled unpaid volunteers" would volunteer there time to help the county out.

To my way of thinking, this sheriff is not a politician he is a man who cares about this community.

The sheriff has stated on here that you do not need to be a police officer to volunteer to do many of the jobs in the county.  Have any of you ever gone down there and asked how you could help (and then been turned away)?

A small group of people in Springfield got the marijuana issue on the ballot.  Has anyone here attempted to do a petition?  The folks at the county, I think, are forbidden from starting a petition.

It is a damn shame that a girl was molested and I have very strong feelings about what should happen to that person, but that way I read this thread, it would not have been investigated at all if the volunteers would not have stepped up.  I suspect someone might have some time in the futures, but I am pretty sure they would not have given up their weekend like those two detectives did.

Instead of bitching, let's support them. Thank you JB for having volunteers who will work for you.

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »
I think it safe to say that most people on here would support the tax but WE are not the ones that can put on the ballot. If they won’t allow it on the ballot then no one know for sure if it would pass or not.  I agree with JB that children don't make the best witness. I have sit on a jury for child molestation case and we found guy not guilty. 

Thank you for this post which underscores the need for a careful through investigation and while the reserves are very good time becomes a major factor. Both reserves have very damanding jobs on Ft. Wood. I am lucky to get as much of their time as I do get. A paid deputy on a 40 hr. week with OT possible is another story on a complex case.
JB