Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Poll

Is six flags safe or not...

Yea
16 (51.6%)
Maybe
3 (9.7%)
No
1 (3.2%)
questionable
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Six Flags  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Probie

• View Profile
Six Flags
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:39:16 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Nine thrill rides around the country were shut down Friday after a 13-year-old girl's feet were severed off at an amusement park in Louisville, Ky.

A Six Flags spokeswoman said the company has shut down rides similar to Louisville's Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom's Superman Tower of Power at parks in St. Louis, Gurnee, Illinois, and near Washington, D.C., as a safety precaution.

Click here to read the latest from FOX 41.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. also shut down and inspected drop tower rides at Kings Island near Cincinnati; Canada's Wonderland, in Toronto; Kings Dominion in Doswell, Va.; Carowinds, in Charlotte, N.C.; and Great America in Santa Clara, Calif., company spokeswoman Stacy Frole said.

State officials were investigating how the 13-year-old girl's feet were severed.

Witnesses saw a cable snap before hearing screams of terror.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard pwchh and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinette, who was on the ride when the accident occurred, told FOX 41.

Investigators returned to the park Friday to examine the ride, said Bill Clary, a spokesman for the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.

The Agriculture Department is responsible for inspecting amusement park rides in Kentucky. "We don't know the cause and we may never know the cause, honestly," Clary said.

Part of a broke cable was visible on the ride, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported. Asked about the cable, McLean told the paper, "it would be speculation" to say how the ride malfunctioned or whether the cable contributed to the accident.

Click here to read a list of recent amusement park accidents.

The girl, whose name was not released because she's a minor, was initially treated at University Hospital and her condition was unknown, according to park spokeswoman Carolyn McLean. Her condition was unavailable Friday morning.

The ride lifts passengers 177 feet straight up, then drops 154 feet, reaching a speed of 54 mph according to the park's Web site.

The ride has been shut down indefinitely while park and state officials investigate what caused the accident. The rest of the park remained open.

The ride opened in 1995 and was originally called the "Hellevator," the Courier-Journal reported.

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=7507A0DA54B4B615C7EF4570291A2F4D?contentId=3572110&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
Re: Six Flags
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:44:26 AM »
really bad thing to happen. really bad.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

ck2boys

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
You have a better chance getting hurt on the way TOO Six Flags than at the park.  It was just a freak accident.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »
the only big ride i ride at six flags is the ferris wheel~

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »
I rode the Ex caliber when it first opened in St.Louis. Its not meant for big people. everybody around me clicked their shoulder harness like 4 or 5 times...mine clicked once and it was able to raise up about 6 inches. I yelled at the attendant but the ride started before I could get off and boy I'll tell ya...I have never been scared in my life like I was on that damn thing. I held on while my harness was jumping up and down ....I think I soiled my pants...lol
I havent been on anything that spins , flips or moves at a fast pace since.
I also went down that steep water slide, and they dont tell you that if you weigh over 200 pounds and you hit that hump about a quarter of the way down that your going to go airborne and that  the slide , which seems to get further and further away as you fly through the air, will dislocate some bones as you collide back into it....lol yeah that was my one trip down that damn thing.
     I think its unfortunate an accident happened but these things are machines and like any machine they break down and malfunction. Its a gamble you take . Kind of like getting in your car. you never know when something unfortunate can happen . you can take all the precautions possible and still have an accident. You have to know there is some risk on getting on something meant to fly down some little tracks at high speed .
Biscuit

cricket

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 04:13:42 AM »
Oh that's terrible. When I ride those upside down roller coaster, I always think they are going to fly off the track. But it's the thrill of ride that keeps me coming back!!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:14:45 AM »
As safe as any other theme park I would think.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 05:53:51 AM »
I always loved Six Flags....but the last time I was there the Screamin Eagle was the big coaster....I'm not riding anything that does loops or flips upside down....NOT IN MY LIFETIME...........I love regular coasters but I won't ever get on another farris wheel!!
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 05:56:11 AM »
I'd go to a theme park before I went on a fair ride, that's for sure.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline ledchick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 01:43:20 PM »
Took the kids to Six Flags about 5 years ago.  First ride we get on The Joker, smallish coaster for the park. I ride with my 10 year old daughter.  The bar closes over our lap for the ride.  I notice it is a metal bar with no padding on it.  Ok so there is part of the ride that put you in total darkness at the same time you drop down very quickly.  When we did that my daughters head went forward and she came down mouth open onto the metal bar.  It is dark I am freaking out she is bleeding and crying and we are still on the ride.  When it ended we had to leave she was so scared.But the person working did not make any attempt to make sure we were ok, just exit to your left and see ya later.   2 years later at the dentist office i discover that the impact pushed one of her adult teeth into the roof of her mouth.  I regret not going to the onsite medical facility and having her checked out, but I am not a sue happy person.  She was ok after the bleeding stopped and we returned to go to the waterpark only.  But I do believe that the safety is questionable at 6 Flags.
'As we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our soul'
Page & Plant

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »
I used to love the fast rides when I was younger but even then I hated the ferriswheel.  Now I don't have a choice about riding anything fast as my balance gets messed up if I even walk around a corner too fast.

It is a terrible thing to have happened but I have to agree that this kind of accident is rare.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 01:27:11 AM »
I have NEVER been to six flags. Don't even know what it looks like except from the interstate. I cant ride the rides now so there would be no use going.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 06:19:42 AM »
Girl Whose Feet Were Severed on Kentucky Amusement Park Ride Has Right Foot Reattached
Tuesday , July 03, 2007

LOUISVILLE, Ky.

The right foot of a 13-year-old girl involved in a gruesome amusement park accident has been reattached, but her left foot was too severely damaged to repair, her family said in a statement Tuesday.

Kaitlyn Lasitter of Louisville remained in stable condition at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., Dr. Douglas Weikert, a surgeon and assistant professor at Vanderbilt, said in the statement.

"Things are progressing as expected over this first ten days," he said.

Lasitter's feet were severed just above the ankles as she rode the Superman Tower of Power thrill ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on June 21.

WLKY-TV in Louisville first reported the latest statement.

Investigators with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture said they've taken possession of a cable they believe broke and severed Lasitter's feet, Wilbur Frye, executive director of the department's Office of Consumer and Environmental Protection, has said. The investigation will continue for several more weeks, Frye said.

Lasitter's mother, Monique Lasitter, thanked the doctors, nurses and hospital staff for their work.

"We would not want her to be at any other hospital during this difficult time," the statement said.

The state has been trying to determine what caused the cable to break. Department investigators were taking written statements from witnesses, reviewing statements and analyzing physical evidence and photographs of the scene, Frye said.

The ride was last inspected April 5 and found to be operating normally, Frye said. The ride passed inspection in each of the last four years, according to records.

The ride lifts passengers 177 feet straight up, then drops them nearly the same distance at speeds reaching 54 miles per hour.

Six Flags shut down similar rides at parks in St. Louis; Gurnee, Ill.; and near Washington as a safety precaution, said Wendy Goldberg, a spokeswoman for Six Flags.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »
SEE! Its scary! My friend and I rode the circle seated bungee ride at lake Ozarks and I was scared to death. This was 10 years ago but.. a couple of weekends later the bungee broke and two girls on the ride was stuck hangin in the air! A friend who is a fire fighter had pictures because he had assisted in getting them down. He had to come show me knowing I rode it and that was it for me. Then got injured and cant ride anyway thank god. But it freaked me out to know it could do that. I'm glad I wasn't on it when it did.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!