Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 11-9-12-9 to DOC  (Read 1706 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Prosecutor's Office Press Release 11-9-12-9 to DOC
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:38:53 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
11/9/12

Nine Offenders Sentenced to the Department of Corrections

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that in Circuit Court action over the last two months, nine offenders were sentenced to terms of imprisonment in the Department of Corrections.  The nine defendants were:

The first defendant was Chang McPherson of St. Robert.  Mr. McPherson pled guilty to Domestic Assault in the Second Degree.  Judge Storie sentenced Mr. McPherson to fifteen years in the Department of Corrections.  The case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department.

The second defendant was Nakia Lewis of Laquey.  The defendant was on probation after pleading guilty to Possession of a Controlled Substance and Theft. The defendant failed to abide by the terms and conditions of her probation in those cases.  As a result, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke her probation.  Judge Wiggins granted the motion and sentenced her to two seven year sentences to run concurrently.  The defendant is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.  The original cases were investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and the St. Robert Police Department.

The third defendant was James Duffey of Richland.  Mr. Duffey pled guilty to one count of Domestic Assault in the Second Degree.  Judge Wiggins sentenced him to five years in the Department of Corrections. The case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

The fourth defendant was Brian Lane of Dixon.  Mr. Lane was on probation after pleading guilty to Assault in the Second Degree.  Mr. Lane pled guilty to new charges of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer, two counts.  As a result of this new misconduct, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Sheffield granted the motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Sheffield sentenced the defendant to two seven year sentences on the Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer to run consecutively, and one seven year sentences on the Assault in the Second Degree, to run concurrently.  The original case was investigated by the St. Robert Police Department and the new case was investigated by the Waynesville Police Department.

The fifth defendant was Kele Johnson of St. Robert.  The defendant was on probation after pleading guilty to Domestic Assault in the Second Degree.  After failing to to comply with the terms and conditions of probation and as a result, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke the probation.  Judge Wiggins granted the motion and sentenced the defendant to seven years in the Department of Corrections.  The Waynesville Police Department investigated the original case.

The sixth defendant was Michael Warren of St. Robert.  Mr. Warren was on probation after pleading guilty to two counts of Distribution of a Controlled Substance.  He failed to comply with the terms and conditions of his probation and as a result, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Sheffield granted the motion and sentenced the defendant to ten years in the Department of Corrections on one count and seven years on the second count, to run concurrently. The defendant is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.  The Waynesville Police Department and St. Robert Police Department investigated the original cases.

The seventh defendant was David Davignon of Dixon.  Mr. Davignon was on probation for Burglary in the Second Degree.  After failing to comply with the terms and conditions of his probation, the Prosecutor’s Office filed a motion to revoke his probation.  Judge Wiggins granted the motion and sentenced him to seven years in the Department of Corrections. The defendant is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.  The St. Robert Police Department investigated the original case.

The eighth defendant was Michael Danner of Eldon.  Mr. Danner pled guilty to Possession of a Controlled Substance.  As a result of his plea, Judge Sheffield sentenced him to seven years in the Department of Corrections.  The defendant is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.  The case was investigated by the Richland Police Department.

The ninth defendant was Al Parsons of Laquey.  The defendant pled guilty to Burglary in the Second Degree.  Judge Storie sentenced the defendant to seven years in the Department of Corrections.  The defendant is eligible for treatment while in the Department of Corrections.  The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department investigated the case.

“I continue to appreciate the hard work of my assistant prosecutors and all of our law enforcement officers while I am deployed with the National Guard,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman. “I sleep easier at night knowing that they continue to get these dangerous criminals off the street and into prison where they belong, helping to make Pulaski County a safe place for our families.”

The cases were prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton, Laura Kriebs, Dean Matthews, and Bill Hardwick.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
Re: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 11-9-12-9 to DOC
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
man ....lots of 7 to tens here. Judge must have a thing for theives and drug dealers.Not complaining.....but I just thought about 10 years ago where I was.These are things that keep me out of prison. My daughter turns 16 this week......makes a whole new difference on serving time. I couldnt do it.Ought to be a factor in these guys lives who are revoked from probation......I dont get it.
Biscuit

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Re: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 11-9-12-9 to DOC
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
It is difficult for me to feel sorry for any of these people. They were all given second chances and blew it.
I knew Mr Davignon when he was just a boy. His mother must be heart broken.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”