Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Local Electric Crews Return Before All Power Restored Out East  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Local Electric Crews Return Before All Power Restored Out East
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:05:51 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I was told today some returned last night because they were not needed. They were not UNION. The UNION folks only want union people working there now. Sad ain't it. With 13 days of no power, they can run workers off because they are not union employees. I hope them folks without power let the unions know how they feel. (Notice I did not mention who the unions got elected and who is giving them the free hand to do what they want). I will bet this isn't in the MSM news.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Electric Crews Return Before All Power Restored Out East
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
I was told today some returned last night because they were not needed. They were not UNION. The UNION folks only want union people working there now. Sad ain't it. With 13 days of no power, they can run workers off because they are not union employees. I hope them folks without power let the unions know how they feel. (Notice I did not mention who the unions got elected and who is giving them the free hand to do what they want). I will bet this isn't in the MSM news.
   Hmmm...I guess the National Guard that was just called in to help must the union ones
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 04:38:34 AM »
   Hmmm...I guess the National Guard that was just called in to help must the union ones

You know better. The union folks aren't compeating for work with the guard. In time of emergency's like this who should give a boot weather they are union or not. As long as they are qualified and have the equipment let them fix the power. Now I see our president has his first meeting after the election with (not the Congress or Senate) with SEIU and other union's. It sure looks bad from my point of view but I am just a local guy that voted against him.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:49:04 AM »
You know better. The union folks aren't compeating for work with the guard. In time of emergency's like this who should give a boot weather they are union or not. As long as they are qualified and have the equipment let them fix the power. Now I see our president has his first meeting after the election with (not the Congress or Senate) with SEIU and other union's. It sure looks bad from my point of view but I am just a local guy that voted against him.
  how do you figure they are not compeating for work???  seems like the few thousand national guard is gonna take alot of work away...more  then a few trucks from missouri.   they are there working and they are non union and who do you suppose ok'd sending them there???   go ahead.....guess :)

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
Its bullshit. They need every hand possible. Regardless of union....military....or civil. turning away volunteers is shady regardless
Biscuit

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:47:40 AM »
  how do you figure they are not compeating for work???  seems like the few thousand national guard is gonna take alot of work away...more  then a few trucks from missouri.   they are there working and they are non union and who do you suppose ok'd sending them there???   go ahead.....guess :)

The Governor did. Who else controles the local NG. Sure ain't the president.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:12:44 AM »
The Governor did. Who else controles the local NG. Sure ain't the president.
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta agreed with the governors of Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Rhode Island to appoint dual-status commanders as Hurricane Sandy approaches, according to Defense Department reports.

Dual-status commanders can command both federal and state National Guard forces. This special authority enables them to effectively integrate defense support operations and capabilities requested by governors. Panetta is prepared to quickly agree to similar requests from other states, the Defense Department reported.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »
Union leadership is denying reports about paperwork allegedly received by an Alabama utility saying that the company's six-man crew needed union affiliation before being able to help restore electricity in Seaside Heights.

The crew returned home without ever reaching New Jersey.

Decatur Utilities’ General Manager Ray Hardin issued a statement this morning saying the company was sent documents on Wednesday from the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers “that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas.”

The crew, which was at a staging area in Virginia as the company awaited “clarification,” returned to Alabama on Thursday after getting word Seaside Heights had received the help it sought, Hardin said in the statement.

Union officials at the local, district and national level, though, say they cannot trace any such requirements made to the company.

"We can't confirm that anything like that happened with any of our locals," said Donald Siegel, the vice president of the IBEW's district office in Philadelphia, which oversees locals in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York. "I don't know where they got that correspondence. It didn't come from the IBEW. It didn't come from any of the locals that I’m aware of."

Siegel said the Seaside Heights municipal utility is itself not represented by the IBEW.

Union crews are otherwise working with non-affiliated personnel in several jurisdictions, Siegel and a representative with the union’s Washington, D.C., national office said.

"It is the policy of this union and the companies we represent to welcome assistance during major natural disasters – regardless of union status,” Jim Spellane, spokesman for the national office, said in a statement. “IBEW local leaders in New Jersey have reiterated what has been the long standing record of our union – in times of crisis all help is welcome and we pull together with everyone to meet the needs of the public."

Hardin and a company representative did not respond to several requests for details about the documentation, including which IBEW jurisdiction might have sent it.

Although Hardin says that “at no time were our crews ‘turned away" from the Seaside Heights utility, “it was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas.”

In his statement, Hardin said the company tried to contact “other areas” where the crew might be needed.

"However, based on the uncertainty of union requirements that we could not agree to … we ultimately made the decision to return (the crew) to Decatur," he said.

Two other Alabama utilities were initially mentioned by a Huntsville (Ala.) television station in a story reporting that non-union crews had been turned aside.

One of those, Trinity, Ala.-based Joe Wheeler, was never in New Jersey and is unionized, its CEO, George Kitchens, said this morning.

Eight Wheeler workers were instead dispatched to Maryland before the storm hit and have completed their work there, company spokeswoman Mandi Phillips said.

"We are headed back home," she said. "We were never turned away."

Bill Yell, communications manager for Huntsville Utilities, said he was not aware a union issue had prevented three of that company’s crews from working in New Jersey.

Huntsville originally sent two three-man bucket crews and one three-man pole-setting crew to Seaside Heights, but that all nine had since been dispatched to Long Island, Yell said.

"The reason we're not working with the New Jersey system is that they had all the crews they could handle," he said.

The fact that those crews are not unionized did not have any effect, he said.

"They didn't have any problems with us," he said.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 04:36:04 AM »
I guess the local crew-s that were sent from right here are mistaken because a union boss said he had no record of it?  Do you really expect the union folks to tell the people without power "we sent help packing because they weren't union". It's about over now. Form your own opinion from what you want to believe.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
People wouldnt leave if they werent sent home. The chief of police of crocker was activated by fema to go along with another,no mention of unions when they called hm in. askhim if he was sent home .....
Biscuit

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »
Unions have a long history of intimdation against non union workers coming in to an area that affects them, wether it is due to bad wether or not.  The work that they crews do during and after a storm are not donated hours, people are being paid. There is alot of hours and overtime hours put in. So dont be so quick to believe a union wouldnt tell the non union to leave.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 05:36:34 AM »
Folks just need to read and listen to what happened, Help was turned away for union matters. Most folks voted for this so now they got what they want. You all know Obama was total union. Look who was the first folks he met with after his reelection. We are all going to have to just live with Obama pretty much doing what he wants. He is our president! You don't know how much I disliked saying the truth there.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »
Pete, i know you dont like the fact Obama has been re-elected, so am i.  But you cant blame everything that happens on him.  Unions have been doing this type of stuff way before Obama was around.  Granted he has a large Union support, but that doesnt mean he had anything to do with this.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 04:18:37 AM »
Pete, i know you don't like the fact Obama has been reelected, so am i.  But you cant blame everything that happens on him.  Unions have been doing this type of stuff way before ABM was around.  Granted he has a large Union support, but that doesnt mean he had anything to do with this.

You are right, he did not give any orders pertaining to this. He is however supporting the folks that did. He is in bed so to say with them. They just got Twinkies to bow out and the next on the list is Walmart. We are entering some very interesting times and allot of folks might have to pay a large price for it. I just hope it isn't the folks that NEED a job to pay bills and feed their kids. The government tries but does not do the job that well. I guess time will tell.