Author Topic: PCSD- Arrest Child Molestation First Degree  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Sheriff J. B. King

• View Profile
PCSD- Arrest Child Molestation First Degree
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

News Release
Arrest for Child Molestation & Abuse
Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King
Nov. 18, 2012

On Oct. 28, 2012, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office was notified of an allegation of child molestation and abuse involving a possible suspect and two minor female children. The investigation of this case was referred to the deputies of the Pulaski County Special Victims Unit. A child forensic interview was scheduled for Nov. 2, 2012, at Kids Harbor.

During the interviews at Kids Harbor both children reported being struck with open fists and inappropriate sexual contact with the suspect on many occasions. Due to the nature of the allegations and the age of the victims (10 and 8) there will be no additional details of the allegations released.  An additional interview was conducted with a school teacher who had reported the abuse on the state hotline after she had talked with the children.

At the conclusion of the investigation a statement of probable cause was sent to the Pulaski County Prosecutor requesting charges for these incidents. The prosecutor filed two counts of child molestation in the first degree, a class B felony, and two counts of abuse or neglect of a child, a class C felony, on Thomas Wesley Brigance, age 43, of 22575 Redwood Drive, Richland, Missouri. The bond on Brigance was set at $250,000.

The evening of Nov. 16, 2012, Pulaski County deputies arrested Brigance on the warrant and served a search warrant at his residence seeking evidence in these cases. Brigance was taken to the Pulaski County Jail where he was booked into custody and then released a few hours later when he posted bond.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
Re: PCSD- Arrest Child Molestation First Degree
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »
Isn't he a prison guard?

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
If he is his future in taking a dump will be easy....Just sayin
Biscuit

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
... both children reported being struck with open fists...

How does one strike with an "open fist"?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
How does one strike with an "open fist"?

That's what I was going to ask.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
That is called failure to proof read with care.
JB

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
it could also be called an oxymoron

Offline jrlinlevett

• BE YOURSELF BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:31 PM »
yes he was a guard at jccc prison in jeff city

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
News Release
Arrest for Child Molestation & Abuse
Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King
Nov. 18, 2012

On Oct. 28, 2012, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office was notified of an allegation of child molestation and abuse involving a possible suspect and two minor female children. The investigation of this case was referred to the deputies of the Pulaski County Special Victims Unit. A child forensic interview was scheduled for Nov. 2, 2012, at Kids Harbor.

During the interviews at Kids Harbor both children reported being struck with closed fists and inappropriate sexual contact with the suspect on many occasions. Due to the nature of the allegations and the age of the victims (10 and 8) there will be no additional details of the allegations released.

At the conclusion of the investigation a statement of probable cause was sent to the Pulaski County Prosecutor requesting charges for these incidents. The prosecutor filed two counts of child molestation in the first degree, a class B felony, and two counts of abuse or neglect of a child, a class C felony, on Thomas Wesley Brigance, age 43, of 22575 Redwood Drive, Richland, Missouri. The bond on Brigance was set at $250,000.

The evening of Nov. 16, 2012, Pulaski County deputies arrested Brigance on the warrant and served a search warrant at his residence seeking evidence in these cases. Brigance was taken to the Pulaski County Jail where he was booked into custody and then released a few hours later when he posted bond.

Offline Beckett

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 08:11:54 PM »
Slapping is an example of striking with an open fist... It is important to know that only "charges" have been filed and a warrant issued. He has not been convicted. Our system works on a presumption of innocence. If he is found guilty the court system will charge him adequately. I have no time for a child molester, I have a child myself. I just want to becareful before I hang a title around someones neck that could be found to be not the case.  I believe there are times when there is more to the story than possibly was reported which is the purpose for a trial.   

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:40 PM »
Slapping is an example of striking with an open fist... It is important to know that only "charges" have been filed and a warrant issued. He has not been convicted. Our system works on a presumption of innocence. If he is found guilty the court system will charge him adequately. I have no time for a child molester, I have a child myself. I just want to becareful before I hang a title around someones neck that could be found to be not the case.  I believe there are times when there is more to the story than possibly was reported which is the purpose for a trial.   

Good post, especially about the "charges". In many ways I do not want to post anything on these cases but then the public screams for the info so I try to please the public  but I just cannot post many details on a case such as this because it can influence the trial.  Cases can get a little crazy at times. I recently acted as bailiff for an armed robbery change of venue trial from Phelps County. The defense for the case was the contention that the suspect had a legal right to use a gun while demanding repayment of a debt owned to him by the victim of the robbery at the gas station in open public view. Very interesting case and extremely interesting defense. However you may not want to use this defense the Judge was not amused by this legal approach and found the defendent guilty.
JB