Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: did the sequester end???  (Read 3540 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
did the sequester end???
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:56:34 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Kerry Announces Millions in U.S. Aid for Egypt
ny times ^ | 3/3/2013 | By MICHAEL R. GORDON
Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday that the United States would provide $250 million in assistance to Egypt after Egyptís president promised to move ahead with negotiations with the International Monetary Fund over economic reforms. In a statement issued after his two-hour meeting with President Mohamed Morsi, Mr. Kerry said the aid decision reflected Egyptís ďextreme needsĒ and Mr. Morsiís assurance that Egypt would reach an agreement with the I.M.F. after more than a year of talks over a $4.8 billion loan package. The statement issued by Mr. Kerry noted that he and Mr. Morsi had discussed the need to ensure the fairness of Egyptís coming elections, but it did not mention any specific political commitments the Egyptian president had made to receive the funds. Parliamentary elections are scheduled for April. Some opposition groups have said they will boycott the vote because of what they see as an effort by Mr. Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood movement to dominate Egyptian politics. American officials say that Mr. Kerry asserted that moving ahead with difficult economic changes in Egypt would require a degree of political consensus and was implicitly a promise of some political change.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
Re: did the sequester end???
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:56 AM »
Sure makes alot of sense doesn't it. These kind of decisions are part of the reason we are in this situation.
1*

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »
The problem is that the sequester does not affect the total budget just the discretionary spending infrastructure is what is being affected roads, airports, construction and  jobs that type of stuff.  When it should be the whole budget foreign aid should take a big cut. We borrow money from China then give back money in foreign aid, the same with oil countries we buy their oil then give them aid as well. This is not a party issue it is an American issue. I donít care who is in charge both parties the president and congress are wrong.  They are in this together and it has been going to for years and years.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
what party is kerry in? did he have approval before promising 250 million? where is the oversight? how did nobama come up with the $500 mil for fiskars? Solyndra? cash for clunkers? 800Mil. for stimulus, bail ou GM? that is why we are in the mess we are in . no approved budget since taking office. whatever is spent is the budget?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:44:10 PM »
Yes he did. You seem to forget that Congress controls the budget and that means foreign money as well.  The President may ask for it but it is congress that decides the budget.
Between 1948 and 2011, the United States provided Egypt with $71.6 billion in bilateral foreign aid, including $1.3 billion a year in military aid from 1987 to the present. Since 1979, Egypt has been the second- large recipient, after Israel, of U.S. bilateral foreign assistance. Go read Congressional Research Service. Bush increased what we give to Israel and didnít give a raise to Egypt but promised to keep the $1.3 billion for Military aid.
I donít see you complaining that Rubio (r) is backing and requesting sending money to Syria.
People like you are part of the problem. You worry too much about party and nothing else. All you have is what party does he belong to?  Letís put the blame where it belong, on Congress regardless of party of which party is in control they control the money. In 2014 and 2016 I will not vote anyone that aligns themselves with either party.  Oh and there was a budget in 2009 not one since. This why everyone seem to think Iím such a big Obama fan and Ďm not, but when people trot what party and itís all Obamaís fault I have to point the obvious which is you are wrong.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 07:08:37 PM »
we don't need to be sending 60 million to the syrian rebels either. the arab league needs to handle the mideast mess.

there has not been an approved budget. the dems would not even vote for it. that last approved budget nobama had was the one approved in W's last year.

I don't see the gop spending like mad. I also don't see them cutting as much as they should either. but it is the dems, whether you like it or not, that are doing the spending. where did nobama get the money for gm, fiskars,solyndra, cash for clunkers, if there was no approved budget? He took 700 million from medicare to fund nobamacare. what will the enforcement of all these gun bills be if passed cost? Who is proposing those bills?

nobama's latest possible compromise; cut ss benefits and medicare. now those are dumb cuts.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 11:10:32 PM »

nobama's latest possible compromise; cut ss benefits and medicare. now those are dumb cuts.

Isn't that what the GOP wants?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
I agree that cutting SS and Medicare is stupid and that Obama should not put it on the table by agreeing to compromise on them, however by agreeing to that compromise you do realize that means it is the GOP that first wanted  to cut these two programs.  Graham stated that he would be open to $600 billion in new revenue if Dems accepted significant changes to Medicare and Medicaid.
McConnell plan would lower cost of living for SS.
Now the 2009 budget may have started under Bush in June of 08 but was signed in April of 09 which means they both screwed the pooch on it. So they both are to blame for the deficit of that year.
As far as the $700 billion I need to look at that some more but I can find where it is not an actual cut and I can find that it is almost the same amount that the GOP wanted to cut from Medicare.   

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »
I think Fish is pointing out that Obama NEVER claims fault for any of his screw ups.  He always blames someone else. 
The first term, he blamed it all on Bush, forgetting he was a senator voting for much of what happened.  We all get tired of his finger pointing.

Offline fish

• View Profile

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
You are right, the 2009 budget was produced by Bush. All Obama did was sign it after congress approved it. Obama has yet to sign a budget since. Hell the Senate under Read can't make one eather. Congress at least has, and Obama did, but didn't even get a single vote from his own party on it. No budget means piss poor planning on all agencies because they get a can kicked down the road with just temp funding. The end of February was the date for Obama to submit his budget to congress. He still has not done so. If he was working anywhere else he would be fired.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »
But they cut whitehouse tours to save money. EVRYTHING SHOULD BE OK. they said it costs 70 grand a week to put tours on for kids. That job must be nice......lol
Biscuit

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:30 PM »

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »
Still no budget from OBAMA, he must really be busy or on vacation again. Never make in the civilian world.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!