Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: SQUARELY on Vicky Hartzler's Shoulders  (Read 6007 times)

Offline 2CardJohnE

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
SQUARELY on Vicky Hartzler's Shoulders
« on: March 13, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Community Call to Action

The United States Army is asking for public comment on its plan to reduce the total number of forces from 562,000 at the end of fiscal year 2012 to 490,000 by fiscal year 2020 and the realignment of its forces over the coming years. The plan will result in significant impacts on a variety of economic measures in communities neighboring 21 installations, according to an Army assessment of potential changes to the serviceís force structure scheduled to occur over the next seven years. This plan will have a significant impact on the socioeconomic status of our communities neighboring Fort Leonard Wood. The direct economic impacts could include reduced employment, income, regional population and sales.

Fort Leonard Wood Impact. The current permanent party force is 9,495 Soldiers and Army Civilians. This does not include trainees, students, family members, other Service members, contractors or non-full time employees.

The reduction for Fort Leonard Wood would be up to 3,900 soldiers and Army civilians. This would be a loss of 41% of permanent staff at FLW. The model the Army uses also projects a loss of 450 direct and 504 indirect jobs in the region.

The projected economic impact in the three county region (Laclede, Phelps and Pulaski) would be as follows:

Annual Sales               Annual Income           Employment                Population
   -$167.6M                      -$177.9M                    -4,818                         -9,729
       -8%                              -6.75%                      -11.21%                         -7.5%

There would also be a loss of almost 3,700 K12 students in the region.

The study also identifies a loss of 10% of training load and an unknown percent of Other Service members that are not factored into the analysis.

http://www.sustainableozarks.org/home
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
Re: SQUARELY on Vicky Hartzler's Shoulders
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:04:34 AM »
IKWOULD NEVER OF LET THIS HAPPEN...All of you who voted for Vicky, reap what you've sewn. 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:52:12 AM »
this isn't the first time the army or the fort reduced manning. won't be the last. what about the impact on the other services here? I was here when the marines and air force left. small number then but a much larger number when they returned.

It is more important for the surrounding areas to become more independent of the fort.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:08:27 AM »
this isn't the first time the army or the fort reduced manning. won't be the last. what about the impact on the other services here? I was here when the marines and air force left. small number then but a much larger number when they returned.

It is more important for the surrounding areas to become more independent of the fort.
  Are you for real !!!!    Independant of the Fort is a death sentance for Pulaski county.    You voted to support the farmer over the base, better get your Tiller out because growing your own is gonna be they most people are going to afford to eat.  Call Vicky and see if she can get ya a deal on a Tractor, your gonna need it

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:29 AM »
would less manning at the fort affect Lebanon? nope. they were smart enough do build a good manufacturing base when st bob and Waynesville were building houses and strip malls. how much money leaves the area because of not much to do? restaurants and motels are fine, but in an economic downturn they suffer first. pc should be attracting businesses that can create a good manufacturing base. how many restaurants have closed lately? how many empty stores and offices are there along the spur and over by price cutter. the proposed reduction hasn't happened yet. Gov't is not the answer. we have a bunch of degreed active, retired, and civilians here. 8 colleges on base. what good are they if they don't build economic growth here? relying on the military is not a solution.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:49:14 AM »

So you want your government money. Want someone to blame, blame the board of aldermen/Mayor/city leader. They are the ones who sucked on the teat of the fort for years.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
So you want your government money. Want someone to blame, blame the board of aldermen/Mayor/city leader. They are the ones who sucked on the teat of the fort for years.
  Vicky is to blame.   She took what Ike Skelton built for us in his many years of service and is gonna sit around and do nothing to stop it.   I also blame those who went to the polls
and voted for her based solely on the fact she had a R by her name on the ballot.   What is her stance on this?  why have we not heard from her ?   what is she doing these days?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
Ike caved and voted for nobamacare, that is what cost him the election.

It is the local officials that are responsible for the developement of pc, not the fort or the army. the chamber of commerce used to be pretty good at attracting new business. any news lately? there is developement over bu culvers planned, but what else is in the works?

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »
Where is the study? who is doing it? sounds like a sequester scare.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 03:29:15 AM »
Ike caved and voted for nobamacare, that is what cost him the election.

It is the local officials that are responsible for the developement of pc, not the fort or the army. the chamber of commerce used to be pretty good at attracting new business. any news lately? there is developement over bu culvers planned, but what else is in the works?
  Why dont you ask Vicky whats in the works, she should be able to tell you if she ever surfaces

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 03:33:21 AM »
Where is the study? who is doing it? sounds like a sequester scare.
  Click the link..its local business , Political leaders and concerned citizens who run the site..I heard it on local radio 2 days ago

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »
Why doesn't it show up on the official DOD or Army web sites.?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
This is true; however with this caveat, this may or may not happen. Page 1-17 under 1.6.1 Decisions to be made, line 19. (But it donít look good)  There are links at the bottom of the article provided in the post or you can go http://aec.army.mil/usaec/nepa/Army2020PEA-1.pdf  or type into your favorite search Army 2020 Force Structure Realignment.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
what are the plans of the chamber of commerce, the city council, committee of 50,etc...?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 09:30:39 PM »
I'm taking this as let's headed them off before anything comes of it. In all fairness Hartzler may not even be aware of yet. I'm going to talk to someone at city hall when I get chance.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
It all depends upon what we can afford.

Military   
A 2:1 ratio of preparation is sufficient for any allies to defeat enemies. We grossly exceed that.
Plan for the next conflict. MAD guarantees that major warfaring countries can't except the devastation of war.
But small, illogical players can and will except the loses if they could draw us into their problems.
At the moment our biggest problem is the cost of energy "oil"
And there are many players who will profit at our expense if we are not careful.

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:26 AM »
I'm taking this as let's headed them off before anything comes of it. In all fairness Hartzler may not even be aware of yet. I'm going to talk to someone at city hall when I get chance.
  Her committee asignments are Committee on Armed Services Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
 Subcommittee on Military Personnel
 Subcommittee on Readiness

Its her job to know !!

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
True it is her job to know, and I havenít tried to find out if she does know.  Even though this is just a study and it may or may not happen she does need to be addressing it. While St. Robert and the communities closest to post will be hurt most, all of the surrounding area will take it a hit.Ē It said in the report that other services have not finalized military end- strength reduction plans but these additional reductions would be anticipated to add to the impacts that are already expected to be significantly adverse.Ē page 4.15-15
State taxes will take a hit from $6.7 million to $10.9 million depending on model used.
This would be a good time for community leaders to start trying to bring in some type of manufacturing jobs.  Even if it doesnít happen.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »
your last line says it all Chas! people should not wait or rely on gov't. there have been many suggestions made on how to improve this are. a mall, more entertainment businesses, manufacturing. if the locals would develope or bring in businesses that would increase the amount of money spent here now, what might happen would not be as big a concern.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
I don't see how a mall or entertainment business would help if we did lose a big part of personnel on post. They would be nice to have but with a downsized post, there is not the population to support them since most businesses like those will not count post as part of the population  it is difficult if not impossible to bring in those types of business at least that is what I have always heard. We need a plant ( anywhere in Pulaski County) that could hire locals bring in more people to work there and pick up the economic slack that would be cause if the post did lose folks. The other part of bringing in a business aside from tax breaks from state and local governments is the fact we donít have a really large (working age) population base to begin with. A rough estimate 61% of Pulaski County is between the ages of 18-64.  And while we all agree that we need something donít forget that with post this area would be a whole lot smaller and poorer.  Little towns naturally grow around a base, both the ones that were there before the base and the ones that come after. If this does happen without something to take its place it will affect everyone.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 07:16:25 PM »
Fish, a mall, entertainment businesses, would be the last thing we need if post would close or cut back on employees.  There wouldn't be enough people to support them. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
Fish, a mall, entertainment businesses, would be the last thing we need if post would close or cut back on employees.  There wouldn't be enough people to support them.
   So True!  We would not be here if not for the Army. Ike spent his years growing the base and that is what she should continue doing.  Its something worth fighting for and i hope Vicky is beating down ever door trying to do just that!  You just don't pump Millions into a area and then start going backwards.  Every business we have we got because of the base growing.  Just word of this possibly happening is enough to stop what is being developed and that's the last thing we need

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »
and there you have it, small thinking. a mall would attract people from Lebanon to rolla.
if the population on base was reduced, the main mission would still remain, training. the basic and ait trainees have money to burn. how many are at the lake when it opens? There is a steady flow of that demographic in all the branches. they are here 5 wks to almost a year. there is actually more for them to do on base than off. bringing in entertainment that they will spend money on will increase jobs.  more payroll in the county, more sales, more sales tax. Manufacturing will bring jobs and much of the paycheck would be spent right here by the people living here. the ones from out of town that commute would still spend money here. developing the area is the best preparation for a world without the fort here. when you put all your eggs in one spot you are set up for failure. the room is here for a mall, light industry, entertainment. the sitting by doing nothing will only make things worse. There are a lot of retired folks here. That is a stable and growing population that can't be ignored either.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »
and there you have it, small thinking. a mall would attract people from Lebanon to rolla.
if the population on base was reduced, the main mission would still remain, training. the basic and ait trainees have money to burn. how many are at the lake when it opens? There is a steady flow of that demographic in all the branches. they are here 5 wks to almost a year. there is actually more for them to do on base than off. bringing in entertainment that they will spend money on will increase jobs.  more payroll in the county, more sales, more sales tax. Manufacturing will bring jobs and much of the paycheck would be spent right here by the people living here. the ones from out of town that commute would still spend money here. developing the area is the best preparation for a world without the fort here. when you put all your eggs in one spot you are set up for failure. the room is here for a mall, light industry, entertainment. the sitting by doing nothing will only make things worse. There are a lot of retired folks here. That is a stable and growing population that can't be ignored either.
   And there you have it NO THINKING...  Fish the study covers phelps laclede and pulaski counties.  Companies that want to put a business here look at JOBS in the area that would support them opening up.  You cant have a "build it and they will come " mentality as a business plan, dumb stratagy....We live and die by this military base and while the Majority in Pulaski county knew it and voted for Ike, The rest of you who voted for that R in front of the box sealed our fate.  Vicky just happened to have her name in front of that R and all she is worried about is her farms, she could care less about Pulaski County.  I sent her a link to this thread, lets see if SHE HAS THE BALLS to stop by and tell us her plan.    I aint holding my breath

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »
it wasn't the "R" that cost ike the election. obamacare. he is also up in yrs and frail after his wife's death. He may not have had the stamina for the tasks ahead. I voted for him until he caved.

before a business comes, they will do research for many details. what is the unemployment rate for those counties?

living and dying by the fort is a plan for failure. blame Vicky all you want, but ike would not be the answer either. the people and local developers are the answer. what are their plans?

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »
Has anyone looked at the population on the post over time you might be surprised?

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 07:34:12 AM »
I hate to say it but I warned you of this when ike lost the election. He had a point of taking care of us. Vickie dont give a shit. Plainly stating.
Biscuit

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
I hate to say it but I warned you of this when ike lost the election. He had a point of taking care of us. Vickie dont give a shit. Plainly stating.
  I agree.  She did not care about us then and she dont care about us now. 

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 03:47:28 PM »
it wasn't the "R" that cost ike the election. obamacare. he is also up in yrs and frail after his wife's death. He may not have had the stamina for the tasks ahead. I voted for him until he caved.

before a business comes, they will do research for many details. what is the unemployment rate for those counties?

living and dying by the fort is a plan for failure. blame Vicky all you want, but ike would not be the answer either. the people and local developers are the answer. what are their plans?
  This is what they will research and see.   and is why no one will want to put anything here
The projected economic impact in the three county region (Laclede, Phelps and Pulaski) would be as follows:

Annual Sales Annual Income Employment Population
-$167.6M -$177.9M -4,818 -9,729
-8% -6.75% -11.21% -7.5%

There would also be a loss of almost 3,700 K12 students in the region.

The study also identifies a loss of 10% of training load and an unknown percent of Other Service members that are not factored into the analysis.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
so why hasn't this area been booming with all what the army provides. lazy developers. it is more important to build houses than business or manufacturing that would build a solid economic foundation. no interest in making this a strong economic area. just rely on the army to provide all. that is the same mentality as the 47% relying on the gov't. and if, if this proposal goes through, how will the area respond? just whining on how the army /gov't let this area down? the fort isn't here for us. it is here to accomplish a mission. the economic affects over the yrs are just side benefits.