Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: City of Waynesville sued for alleged cover-up  (Read 30066 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: City of Waynesville sued for alleged cover-up
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2013, 03:37:15 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »

Updated May. 13, 2013 @ 11:44 am

The city of Waynesville released a statement Friday regarding a recent lawsuit.

The city of Waynesville and four current or former city employees are being sued for allegedly covering up the circumstances surrounding a death in 2010.

Kelsey West filed a civil suit on Thursday against former Waynesville Police officer Gary Brankel, Police Chief Robert Carter, Assistant Police Chief Clarence Liberty, dog catcher Brandon Robertson, and the city of Waynesville, accusing the city officials of covering up circumstances surrounding Rhonda West's death, which took place on Jan. 31, 2010.

The city of Waynesville said in the statement it “regrets the 2010 death of Rhonda West and sends our sympathies to her family.”

The city of Waynesville said that it had requested an independent investigation by the Missouri State Highway Patrol “as soon as these allegations came to light” and it is awaiting a final report from the investigation that has been going on for several months.

“The City also wants the truth and will request that appropriate authorities prosecute any possible criminal offenses,” the press release said. “However, we do not condone baseless accusations against innocent people and the damaging of their reputations.”

The City said it will make a full and complete report upon receipt of the MSHP report.
 :ehm:
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2013, 11:47:52 AM »
Sorry, I am just not seeing this conspiracy theory you speak of in either case.
^%^%$
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:26 PM »
LOL That's you and J.B.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline carpenter

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2013, 02:32:08 AM »
Sorry, I am just not seeing this conspiracy theory you speak of in either case.

And I have seen nothing that doesn't disprove one either.  Tell me how long it takes to conduct an investigation when they (Waynesvillle School District) already conducted one enough to know that the money was gone in the first place and even had a dollar amount ?  Hillman backed off due to his ties to the many of the folks involved (and this I CAN understand) but really....  how long does it take with no word, no updates, no nothing.  Then tell me something to make me believe that something isn't being done to cover something up... because I CAN tell you if it were anyone of lesser status in the community their name would be ALL OVER THE PLACE....... 
yeah whatever~*

Offline COUGAR59

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
I am with you Carpenter. I also believe in this town, it is not who you are but who you know. Sad but true. I also am waiting patiently on the outcome of both these cases and hope they will be solved soon.

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
Sad but I think this whole country has become who you know and who has the money. Morals and Honesty going down the tubes

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2013, 03:12:20 PM »
As far as the Waynesville school I see a HUGE cover up....How many people have been arrested as a "suspect" in a crime...and found not guilty later.. But their name(s) were already dragged through the mud?? Why hasn't this "person of interest" been arrested like any other Jane or John Doe in the county...and then have to prove her innocence if that is the case???
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline GladtoGo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
I might have misspoke--- I don't know of a change in venue, just saying there should be one.  Oh by the way, I don't stand to make one cent off of the lawsuit -       I was kind of wondering that myself, considering how personally ripped up some get.....      And as far as national coverage goes, already in the works.....  Ya don't get to say NO.       

Offline taximan

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Seems the practise of doing the 'ol shoulder shrug and saying "that's not my deparment, job, responsibility, concern, etc.." is still in full effect.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2013, 01:41:32 AM »
Seems the practise of doing the 'ol shoulder shrug and saying "that's not my deparment, job, responsibility, concern, etc.." is still in full effect.

Does that mean you think every department in the county should immediately jump on each and every case that every other department works? The whole idea of jurisdiction is to cut down on duplication of effort and make one department responsible for the case. I hate to say this but the fire fighters do not rush off to the next city for a fire without an invite and nobody jumps on them. (FYI, the fire depts. have an even more effective system of mutual aid then the police do but they usually do not have to worry about coverage on a future court day like we do.) I understand that many seem to be hacked off at WPD over this specific case and there are many critical remarks running about but some of the remarks posted so far are way off base.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
 If another dept. in the county has apprehended a 'jay-walker' you should probably let them handle it. But a dead body in the middle of Hwy. 17 should be of great concern to the county Sheriff!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
Well let us do some math. The SRPD has about 22 officers, WPD about 12, all other depts. in the county combined about 18 or so

But yes the PCSD 12 deputies should do all of the work on cases.

Are we also supposed to handle the major cases on Ft. Wood?

I should probably point out that the PCSD budget is a little thin to handle all of the above.

So I think we shall continue to let the officers within the jurisdiction where the crime happened handle the case.

In other words status quo.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
Still don't get why people are jumping on PCSD about this. Yes , I get that comments made about having to cover the whole county does in way open them up to this but the thing to remember is they are not the dept that has been accused of wrongdoing.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »
Still don't get why people are jumping on PCSD about this. Yes , I get that comments made about having to cover the whole county does in way open them up to this but the thing to remember is they are not the dept that has been accused of wrongdoing.

Yup got to agree with you. I find it is funny that the posting of the lawsuit and the selected bits of info they filed with the suit is stirring people up so much. There is always another side to a story.  Suspect when Waynesville is in a position to respond several things may get much clearer. At that time you may have enough info to form a reasonable opinion of this mess.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
You are right that until we can know both sides of the story we don’t know everything however  I do think there is something to this at the very least some unprofessional  acts by the WPD.  There are more than selected bits of info they filed, a person can read the whole lawsuit.  I also believe this the type of stuff that should stir people up. Anytime accusations like these are made about our public officials’ people should take notice.  I do have to say I don’t understand why you don’t think this should stir people up.  Small town, death, an alleged police cover that is a big pot that needs stirred or at least kept up with. What I don’t believe is people jumping on the PCSD for something that they were not involved in. PCSD was not named in the lawsuit but since you are on here it does make for an easy target. 

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »
You are right that until we can know both sides of the story we don’t know everything however  I do think there is something to this at the very least some unprofessional  acts by the WPD.  There are more than selected bits of info they filed, a person can read the whole lawsuit.  I also believe this the type of stuff that should stir people up. Anytime accusations like these are made about our public officials’ people should take notice.  I do have to say I don’t understand why you don’t think this should stir people up.  Small town, death, an alleged police cover that is a big pot that needs stirred or at least kept up with. What I don’t believe is people jumping on the PCSD for something that they were not involved in. PCSD was not named in the lawsuit but since you are on here it does make for an easy target. 

I do believe that the reported facts of this case should stir people up but I also believe that we should wait until these facts are proven or disproven before total war is declared. Asking questions about the case is one thing or expressing concern about the case is one thing. Making wild statements such as we have read on here without any idea if the rumor you heard is correct or reading something into written documents is another. Example the "dog catcher" issue. He may be a dog catcher now but he is (from memory) a class A certified POST officer. There is no higher ranking in the POST related laws. So slamming WPD because the "dogcatcher" did the investigation is BS. The real question should be did he do or not do an adequate investigation of the case based on the facts he had at hand. And for a clue to that you are going to have to wait because the city of Waynesville is not going to respond in a public forum until they have their facts lined up and the MSHP report in their hand.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
OK. What you say makes sense.The wild statements didn't bother me because one either the person who stated it I have never really took serious two I took them as people blowing off steam. It will be intersting  to see what is in the MSHP report.

Offline 2CardJohnE

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2013, 11:03:38 PM »
MSHP were at the scene and seemed to me were taking measurements with a transit today
John Wayne said it best, "I may not have voted for him, but he is MY President

Offline mikrzy55

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2013, 02:47:44 PM »
Seems like WPD has several folks that get along with the family of the deceased. Hmmmmmmm, maybe these are the good guys or maybe they're all wrong too??? Think about it............

Offline COUGAR59

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »
Just because you are sitting at the same table with other people does not mean you are in agreement with them. I'm sure most of us have sat at tables with people we do not agree with. JMO

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »
 That picture doesn't mean a thing. What is that picture suppose to make me thing about? That they were apparently at the same function, ok so what?

Offline mikrzy55

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »
Yes just a function with the man who got the ball rolling on this case. I still don't see why he is the one that is on administrative leave, but yet everyone else is still working. Just doesn't seem right???

Offline The Watchfull Eye

• Lurker
  • Life can be a Bowl of Cherries-Instead of the Pits
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »
When the question of police integrity is asked, as many of you are in this very disturbing event, I believe we must first ask for a true answer to this question:

Question:   Why do almost all Police officers carry a throw down weapon?
Answer:   In the event they need to cover up a wrongful death committed by a police officer!

This settles and makes mute any further discussion of Police integrity, doesn’t it?
 :runover:
It's Better to be Hated for What You Are,
Than to be Loved, for What You are Not.

People Who Lack the Strength to be Themselves,
are Always Trying to Tear Down Those Who Do.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »
When the question of police integrity is asked, as many of you are in this very disturbing event, I believe we must first ask for a true answer to this question:

Question:   Why do almost all Police officers carry a throw down weapon?
Answer:   In the event they need to cover up a wrongful death committed by a police officer!

This settles and makes mute any further discussion of Police integrity, doesn’t it?
 :runover:

Sure makes me proud to know I spent 43 years protecting idiots like this. Why don't you try the police academy and come out here and SHOW us how the job should be done. Got the balls to do that??
JB

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2013, 06:38:35 PM »
wait what?.....I thought your job wasnt to protect citizens...... And just because you arrest people who do bad things doesnt mean you protected everybody.  High horse much. God complex. Typical Cop complex? Its something to be sure.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
wait what?.....I thought your job wasnt to protect citizens...... And just because you arrest people who do bad things doesnt mean you protected everybody.  High horse much. God complex. Typical Cop complex? Its something to be sure.

You are also welcome to go to the academy and then come out into the real world and get an education.