Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: City of Waynesville sued for alleged cover-up  (Read 30025 times)

Offline The Watchfull Eye

• Lurker
  • Life can be a Bowl of Cherries-Instead of the Pits
    • View Profile
Re: City of Waynesville sued for alleged cover-up
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2013, 04:57:59 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Sure makes me proud to know I spent 43 years protecting idiots like this. Why don't you try the police academy and come out here and SHOW us how the job should be done. Got the balls to do that??
JB
JB - I am not an "Idiot", and there's no need to be rude by name calling. That was uncalled for.
Why such an angry response? A response which, by the way, was not a valid debate point in a reply to my post, about police integrity.
If I understand your reply correctly, you were telling me to go to police academy, and then become a police officer, and I would see that I would need to carry a throw down weapon also - to get the job done RIGHT?
So now I must ask: How does carrying a throw down weapon, have any affect on getting the job done RIGHT?
It's only possible effect would be - to get the job done WRONG - as in wrongful death!
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
In closing, I do want to thank you and policemen everywhere, for putting their life at risk while performing their duties.
Thank you.
It's Better to be Hated for What You Are,
Than to be Loved, for What You are Not.

People Who Lack the Strength to be Themselves,
are Always Trying to Tear Down Those Who Do.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
The problem is you hear more about bad cops than you do good cops and  there seems to be more and more bad cops. 

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
JB - I am not an "Idiot", and there's no need to be rude by name calling. That was uncalled for.
Why such an angry response? A response which, by the way, was not a valid debate point in a reply to my post, about police integrity.
If I understand your reply correctly, you were telling me to go to police academy, and then become a police officer, and I would see that I would need to carry a throw down weapon also - to get the job done RIGHT?
So now I must ask: How does carrying a throw down weapon, have any affect on getting the job done RIGHT?
It's only possible effect would be - to get the job done WRONG - as in wrongful death!
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
In closing, I do want to thank you and policemen everywhere, for putting their life at risk while performing their duties.
Thank you.

Yes, you tripped my anger button. Over 43 years in LE I have seen ten's of thousands of examples of officers doing the job above and beyond what was expected. I have only seen a handful of the "bad" cops in action and they piss me off as much as they do you. No, you did not understand my point. It was go to the academy and find out why you do not carry a "throw down" weapon. Your flat out statement that most cops carry one is not correct. There may be a few fools who do but that is stupid on their part. Why?

Simple, when it comes to the power of arrest there is no magic difference between you and me. You have the same power to arrest for both felonies and misdemeanors as I do. The diff is that the law confers upon the commissioned officer the "reasonable man" standard. Thus I can make an arrest that turns out not to be valid later but as long as the circumstances I cite for making the arrest are reasonable the arrested person will most likely not win the suit. Same with wrongful death. You may disagree with it but if the actions of the officer were reasonable then the death is not a crime. Now carry a "premeditated throw down weapon" and employ it in such a case and the officer will be charged with a crime. He just convicted himself even if the shoot was later determined to be reasonable because several other statutes were violated by the throw down. The courts have always recognized the inherent danger of the job and the vast majority of their rulings reflect that understanding of the danger thus there is no reason for a throw down. This is one of the lessons from the police academy.

One of the other lessons from the police academy is the rule of three. If somebody attacks you and tries to shoot you then; 1. You must first win the gunfight. 2. You must then be able to prove the shoot was reasonable to avoid a criminal charge. 3. You must win the wrongful death civil suit that some member of his family will file. Then and only then is the incident over. Most officers try their best not to get into the shootout and they wait way to long before taking action and they frequently get shot full of holes for that slow response to deadly force being used against them.

You on the other hand must win every case or lose the suit. Same for the death. You must be found to have been in full compliance of the law for your shoot.

I do not know where you got the idea most officers carry such a weapon but it is false. If you want to debate cite your sources that such action does happen with the frequency that you cited.

Are there officers who carry such a weapon? I am sure there are. We in LE must draw our recruits from the common public employment pool. We try hard not to hire a dud but we miss the mark sometimes. I am sure you have met a fool in every job out there at one time or another. Police work is the same.

I subscribe to several police only information sites that pass on the latest word in cases and incidents from around the USA every day. The vast, vast, majority of the cases and incidents cited show outstanding work by officers all across the USA. But they also pass on the bad cop stories and when you draw from all of the USA then yes there are several of them cited. I kind of agree with Chas in that it seems like you hear about more and more bad cops in the mainstream media every day. I do not like that trend.

I called you an idiot but you implied that I was a criminal who carried a "throw down." I made my statement in anger but I do not know why you made your statement.

JB

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2013, 10:03:03 AM »
I say if that is "The Watchful Eye's" real picture.....then who gives a crap if she's right or wrong?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2013, 01:08:12 PM »
JB,
  Kind of off topic but I will ask anyway.  Are LE Officers allowed to carry a "backup" weapon assuming it is legally registered.  I hate to get all "TV" on you but I can see where one would come in handy, more so for city cops than rural.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
JB,
  Kind of off topic but I will ask anyway.  Are LE Officers allowed to carry a "backup" weapon assuming it is legally registered.  I hate to get all "TV" on you but I can see where one would come in handy, more so for city cops than rural.

Yes, most (actually have never heard of one who would not) departments allow for a backup that has been qualified with on a dept. approved range session.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2013, 02:03:56 AM »
Hey conspiracy theorists, Division of Drug and Crime Control - State Highway Patrol has completed their investigation. I hear there will be a special city council meeting tomorrow night to announce they the Police department and it's officers are cleared of any wrong doing.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2013, 03:29:04 AM »
Steve Lawhead went around his chain of command to file a PC against Brankel and the Chief and Asst. Chief (Accused of filing a false report.) will be looking for work tommorow if anyone is looking for someone like him..

Offline RG

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »
    Many times we critique someone elses work when we have no idea as to what it is that they do.  It's an armchair quarterback thing.  Some do it occasionally, some more often.  I know many of these people and they have been good to their word.  Let's see what the courts decide.  As much as we like to take sides, we never win when we do that.  Without actually being there and seeing it for yourself you can only speculate.  Some tend to embellish as they have already made up their minds due to a previous encounter or even the encounter of a friend or relative.  The courts are supposed to be neutral and work with the facts only.  While it may not be perfect, it certainly is more fair and consistent  than being tried in the media and rumor mills.  When the results come in and no matter how they fall we must honor that decision.  I can certainly understand anger at the loss of a loved one.  In no way was this meant to diminish that fact.  However many lives, and futures are in the balance here.  Let's respect that too. 

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2013, 05:02:11 AM »
Glad to hear it. Now that I've held.my tongue...all this time.....some of you people can find.something else to attack....maybe.on a different.site.......so those of us who just.want.to.be.informed and.discuss shit can do that without idiotic attacks and baseless rumor mill "facts"
Biscuit

Offline mikrzy55

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
Hey conspiracy theorists, Division of Drug and Crime Control - State Highway Patrol has completed their investigation. I hear there will be a special city council meeting tomorrow night to announce they the Police department and it's officers are cleared of any wrong doing.
So you know this to be fact Rick??? How did you get your info so fast if it hasn't been released as of yet??? Or is this just anther secret of Pulaski Co that no one can know???

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »
Have I ever lied to you before?

So you know this to be fact Rick??? How did you get your info so fast if it hasn't been released as of yet??? Or is this just anther secret of Pulaski Co that no one can know???

Offline mikrzy55

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »
Have I ever lied to you before?
Heck I have no idea??? Maybe your just good. ;-)  http://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
Now, who's gonna jump on the bandwagon & trash Lawhead like Brankel & Robertson were? Or, is the MSHP now involved in the cover up? I've flipped between the Today Show & Good Morning America all morning, but can't seem to find this story on the National news...
C'mon, Brankel & Robertson are cold blooded, lying killers & Lawhead walks on water, right? There was a good amount of shit stirring before, why so quiet now? Still no reason for the great one to be on admin leave?
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
I waited until noon today to check this topic because I just knew there would be a whole bunch of comments and surprise! Just_A_Biker seems to have taken over the whole market all by himself. Got to agree with him where is everybody?

JB

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »
OK , I'll bite maybe the WPD is really good at cover ups and that is why MSHP didn't find anything.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
You did listen to the noon news today right? The story that detailed a number of facts that preclude a cover up?

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
No I didnít and just caught part of last night. I thought you wanted someone to start stirring again , so that is what I did.  Besides what does it matter whether I believe it or not? It is over nothing else will come from this.  I see nothing wrong with going around the chain of command if you think the chain of command is part of the problem, but you better be sure you are right.

Offline DUANE4043

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
I have stayed out of it. I typed a few things over the weeks just to delete them. I was on the side of WPD the entire time. But I am bias, I have known the West history since the father Ralph West worked at the Jungle Room and was with a guy that shot soemone years ago and turned States evidence.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »
Brankle passed a lie detector, the MSHP said he did not do the hit and run so they did not do an investigation in to a cover up since according to their finding there was nothing to cover up.  So doing what Just a biker asked. What about Lawhead?  What about the stuff he found was that explained and Lawhead is he mental, a rogue cop that for giggles thought he could bring down the WPD?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2013, 11:34:11 PM »
My condolences to the family, no matter what, someone here died and that's a crying shame..

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
Brankle passed a lie detector, the MSHP said he did not do the hit and run so they did not do an investigation in to a cover up since according to their finding there was nothing to cover up.  So doing what Just a biker asked. What about Lawhead?  What about the stuff he found was that explained and Lawhead is he mental, a rogue cop that for giggles thought he could bring down the WPD?

Well all I can say is that IF and I say IF, I were inclined to do a PC on a fellow officer and accuse the department of a cover up then I would want all of my ducks , after a triple check of the facts with no gaps, lined up and quacking in unison before such a PC was written.

1. The rumors started the night of the incident. Brankel was on the scene of the burglary helping PCSD. Several officers saw him there. He was there ahead of most of those officers. Nobody saw a damaged car that he was driving. And by the way he ran the wanted checks on several of the suspects at the burglary scene and can clearly be heard on the 911 radio traffic tape.

2.  After the rumors got going that night I know of at least two MSHP Troopers and one PCSD deputy who, acting independently of each other that night or early the next morning, inspected Brankel's car for damage and found none. All of this was fairly well known to local LE at the time of the incident and it should not have needed a major investigation to discover these facts and blow the PC out of the water.

3. And oh by the way Brankel was going north, the car that hit her was going south.

JB

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
And yet there will always be people who think our nation knocked down the twin towers, there was a gunman in the area of the grassy knoll etc..... They are called conspiracy theorists.

Well all I can say is that IF and I say IF, I were inclined to do a PC on a fellow officer and accuse the department of a cover up then I would want all of my ducks , after a triple check of the facts with no gaps, lined up and quacking in unison before such a PC was written.

1. The rumors started the night of the incident. Brankel was on the scene of the burglary helping PCSD. Several officers saw him there. He was there ahead of most of those officers. Nobody saw a damaged car that he was driving. And by the way he ran the wanted checks on several of the suspects at the burglary scene and can clearly be heard on the 911 radio traffic tape.

2.  After the rumors got going that night I know of at least two MSHP Troopers and one PCSD deputy who, acting independently of each other that night or early the next morning, inspected Brankel's car for damage and found none. All of this was fairly well known to local LE at the time of the incident and it should not have needed a major investigation to discover these facts and blow the PC out of the water.

3. And oh by the way Brankel was going north, the car that hit her was going south.

JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2013, 03:04:19 PM »
And yet there will always be people who think our nation knocked down the twin towers, there was a gunman in the area of the grassy knoll etc..... They are called conspiracy theorists.

You trying to say Al Gore did not crash the internet into the Twin Towers?