Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: “The Sheriff’s View” (#34)  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
“The Sheriff’s View” (#34)
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

“The Sheriff’s View” (#34)

The highlight of my week, and one of my tenure as your sheriff, was the awards ceremony that we had this past Thursday at the Pulaski County Courthouse. On this day, we honored eight brave law enforcement and fire service personnel for their meritorious services to our community. These men were recognized for saving the lives of numerous individuals during the flood last month, along with two other events prior to it. The ceremony was held in the largest courtroom in the building and still there was standing room only.

I must admit that few times in my law enforcement career have I felt so honored and humbled to be among such a large number of heroes as I did last Thursday. As Highway Patrol Captain Lee Ann Kenley, PCSD Chief Deputy Groves and I presented the awards, silence prevailed in the room but dry eyes did not. The officials and many citizens who attended heard stories about acts of bravery that would send chills down anyone’s spine. Without a doubt, the citizens of Pulaski County can be proud of those brave men and women who unselfishly protect them on a daily basis.

This week a two month investigation into the robbery and beating of World War II Veteran James Dunham led to a warrant being issued for the arrest of Graves King II for numerous felony offenses he is accused of committing against Mr. Dunham. King was an immediate suspect in this case, and has actually been in our custody for a separate felony offense since a few days after Mr. Dunham was robbed and severely assaulted. Due to the complexity of this case, it took some time to thoroughly investigate it. This investigation was led by Pulaski County Sheriff Department Detective Doug Reno, who was assisted by other members of the Sheriff’s Department, along with the Pulaski County Prosecutor’s Office.  This was a very involved investigation which took a lot of tenacity and perseverance, so many thanks to those who worked so hard to solve it. Mr. Dunham is still recovering at a medical facility in this State.

An old adage that I am a firm believer of states: “When it comes time to perform, it is too late to prepare.” Your Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department does its best to train and prepare for the many possible scenarios that could come our way. In doing so, this week the PCSD was the host to a training exercise involving Tactical (SWAT) units from multiple agencies throughout this region. These tactical teams prepare for possible situations such as barricaded individuals, hostage situations, school shootings, along with many other hazardous scenarios. These training exercises are very intense and prepare each deputy/police officer for difficult situations they may possibly encounter in the future. 

Last week our concentrated enforcement detail took us to the Dixon area, where multiple drug arrests were made in the vicinity of Highway D and Columbia Road. In one evening, five individuals were arrested for drug related crimes in this area which has recently seen an increase in property crimes. As we all know, illegal drug and property offenders are two synonymous terms, because drug addicts usually steal to support their habits.  Two other subsequent arrests will be made from information gathered during this detail, along with additional intelligence that will lead us to other offenders. Detectives from the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group (LANEG), sheriff deputies and municipal officers will continue these concentrated details throughout the county.

This past weekend we enjoyed seeing our friends at the Railroad Days festival in Crocker, so thanks to all who stopped by to visit the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department booth. For those who missed this event, we will also be at the Cow Day’s Festival in Dixon in a few weeks.

We also welcomed aboard our college intern, Alex Pfeffer, this past week. Intern Pfeffer will be working with us through December of this year. 

This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our Web-site at (www.pcsheriff2.com), or on Facebook.

As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.

Sheriff Ronald Long

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: “The Sheriff’s View” (#34)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
Sheriff we would like to know if you mover the prisoners during the bomb threat.  If not, why and who stayed with them?

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:59:35 PM »
The last sheriff wouldn't get off of the internet and the new one won't get on!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:19:47 PM »
The last sheriff wouldn't get off of the internet and the new one won't get on!

Yup and both sheriff's are criticized for their internet stance. Sort of a no win situation for the sheriff no matter what he does. Some people he is not going to make happy no matter what he does.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »
Why drag JB into this?   A lot of us appreciated JB getting on here as Sheriff, even if we disagreed with what he posted and his views at least he told us. I would like to see Sheriff Long answer some questions on here.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
Why drag JB into this?   A lot of us appreciated JB getting on here as Sheriff, even if we disagreed with what he posted and his views at least he told us. I would like to see Sheriff Long answer some questions on here.

It is most unfortunate that the new sheriff watched how you all treated the old sheriff on here

Why thank you for the kind words Sir!
JB

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
SHERIFF can you  talk

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »
SHERIFF can you  talk
At least J.B. had the cajones to get on here and try!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:04:11 PM »
 :karma: :th_police: sad

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
I dont believe, there is anything in the job description of sheriff that he has to go to a forum site and make post to people that do nothing but bitch about everything. Yes JB did and it was appreciatted, but he didnt have to. If this sheriff decides not to that is his right.  You do not have a right to have him come on here to answer your every whim

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 12:30:38 AM »
WELL SAID

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 02:07:26 AM »
I seem to remember a time when they were bitching about JB taking time away from his job to post on here. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »
I seem to remember a time when they were bitching about JB taking time away from his job to post on here. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Why YES, I seem to remember those nasty words also. I made a pledge during the run for office that I would keep you informed and I kept the pledge but boy did it blast me to small chunks at times.
JB

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
 +_+_+

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
to  dam sad

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 02:41:50 PM »
Without going back to check everything, didn’t the Sheriff say (and he had no problem with posting while running for office) that he would be posting on here?  I guess the Sheriff view counts as a post but usually leaves more questions than answers. Of course it damn if you do and damn if you don’t.  It is a public office that is never going to satisfied everyone.  If nothing else he should be on here for the fun of it. It wasn’t  all bad for JB he did get complements every now and then.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
Without going back to check everything, didn’t the Sheriff say (and he had no problem with posting while running for office) that he would be posting on here?  I guess the Sheriff view counts as a post but usually leaves more questions than answers. Of course it damn if you do and damn if you don’t.  It is a public office that is never going to satisfied everyone.  If nothing else he should be on here for the fun of it. It wasn’t  all bad for JB he did get complements every now and then.

Yes I did get kind words every once in a while in the public view on here. Got quite a few private messages from our members that really counted.