Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: “The Sheriff’s View” (#45)  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
“The Sheriff’s View” (#45)
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

“The Sheriff’s View” (#45)
Not always is the mention of “funding” a good thing when one is responsible for budgeting for an organization, but this week resulted in good news regarding money for your Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department. Last Thursday I received notification that we are the recipient of a $10,000 Federal Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG). These grants are usually aimed at assisting law enforcement agencies with the purchase of equipment or manpower needs.
This LLEBG will be available in six weeks, at which time we will immediately purchase (5) modern, trunked system mobile radios for our patrol cars. These new radios will be compatible with the new Missouri Statewide Interoperability Network (MOSWIN), which is a communications system that all emergency service organizations in this state will have access to. Once the new purchase is made, this will give us a total of (9) MOWSIN compatible radios that we have acquired without spending any monies from our budget. Two of these radios were received from a State grant this summer, and then the Pulaski County Law Enforcement Reimbursement Fund Board (CLERF) recently awarded us money for two additional radios. The necessary transition to a trunked MOSWIN compatible radio system is expensive, so these grants and awards are very much appreciated.
The grant research, writing and submission process can be very time consuming and tedious, but is well worth the benefits. This year your Sheriff’s Department has received numerous financial awards for equipment and overtime law enforcement projects that are much needed, but could not be afforded otherwise. Therefore, these grants are a necessary part of protecting or citizens and deputies so our grant writing endeavors will continue.
I have received numerous inquiries about the skeletal remains found near Dixon a few weeks ago. At this time there is limited new information to pass along, other than our aggressive effort to identify who this person is. Part of this process involved sending the skeletal remains to the University of Texas Health Science Center in Ft. Worth, Texas, for examination. This process will hopefully give us vital pieces of information, such as the age and gender of the deceased, along with a relatively close date of death. We are expecting to have this information back within a couple of weeks.
For those living in the Crocker area, over the past few weeks some of you have found yourselves victims of property crimes. Our detectives and patrol deputies have been working night and day to solve these crimes, whose hard work is paying off. On Friday, several suspects were arrested and found to be in possession of your stolen property, and several others are soon to be taken into custody. The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department certainly appreciates the passing of information and tips which has aided us in these investigations.
We are eagerly anticipating the delivery of another new patrol vehicle within the week. This car will replace one that was destroyed in the floods in early August. As this year’s budget year comes to a close, it appears the purchase of these new vehicles is not costing any more than the repairs made in the past on maintaining an older fleet. Therefore, buying these new patrol cars with 100,000 mile warranties is a money saving endeavor for our agency, and taxpayers. In addition, these vehicles give your patrol deputies safer, dependable and more versatile vehicles to respond to your everyday needs.
This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our Web-site at (www.pcsheriff2.com), or on Facebook.
As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.
Sheriff Ronald Long

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: “The Sheriff’s View” (#45)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:48:59 PM »
My guns?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline edward

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:14:21 PM »
SHERIFF LONG it is good to see new cars you are doing a good job ALL ARE LAST SHERIFF DID WAS CRY in 8 years how he could not do his job

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »
SHERIFF LONG it is good to see new cars you are doing a good job ALL ARE LAST SHERIFF DID WAS CRY in 8 years how he could not do his job

I am sorry I kept you informed of the problems and successes of the office. I see it went way over your head.

JB

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
JB, you did not inform me on much.  All you talked about was working on cars that had 120,000 miles on them.  No wonder the commissioners didn't give you any money, you didn't know how to use it!

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
JB, you did not inform me on much.  All you talked about was working on cars that had 120,000 miles on them.  No wonder the commissioners didn't give you any money, you didn't know how to use it!

You know your wrong he keep us informed about every single phone call and how much they could not  do because they were too busy keeping track of calls, with detailed ledgers, reporting on the web about all the problems with old cars, poor pay, lack of money and the need for all the bells and whistles you could pack into a car

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
I'm tired of people coming on here and giving excuses for JB.  The new Sheriff is running the office just fine and he don't have all these problems. He is getting new cars and equipment. He also doesn't come on here crying and complaining about not having new cars.  JB knew it was time for him to give it up.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
I'm tired of people coming on here and giving excuses for JB.  The new Sheriff is running the office just fine and he don't have all these problems. He is getting new cars and equipment. He also doesn't come on here crying and complaining about not having new cars.  JB knew it was time for him to give it up.

Edward if you ever get the chance ask Gene who gave him the contracts for the new cars to start the new car purchase process. Since you are hung up on that little point thought I would try to confuse you even more.
JB

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »
 +_+_+     

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »
JB the only thing that confuse me is you working on junk cars

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »

Simple answer; for the first 6 years I was in office my total budget to purchase cars with was $0.00. You can get a lot of good buys with that kind of money. I spent is as wisely as I could.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »

OK, how about you tell us your plan to supply the PCSD with 22 cars when your budget for 6 years was $0.00. Where did you plan to get your cars? Would you work on older cars?  How did you plan to get the cars? I cannot wait to see your plan of attack to this very minor problem. It probably would have been better to have had your superior planning ability on tap while I was in office but I am willing to learn late lessons from a master. So talk to us Edward.

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
I DONT BELEAVE THEY DID NOT GIVE YOU NO MONEY AND IF THEY DID THAT THEY WANT YOU GONE

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 02:32:34 AM »
I DONT BELEAVE THEY DID NOT GIVE YOU NO MONEY AND IF THEY DID THAT THEY WANT YOU GONE

Wrong on the first part go look up the budgets yourself but probably correct on the second part. Where was your plan of action??