Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: “The Sheriff’s View” (#46)  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
“The Sheriff’s View” (#46)
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

“The Sheriff’s View” (#46)
As many of you know (especially our military), General Orders and Policy and Procedures Manuals
are vitally important in military and law enforcement operations. Last week I was pleased to implement the
new Policy and Procedures Manual for our Jail and within the next week or two, a second General Orders
Manual will be implemented regarding the overall operations of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department. The
new manual for the jail replaced an already existing, older version and is comprised of over 200 pages of
operation procedures for the Jail. The upcoming General Orders and Policy and Procedures Manual for the
entire Sheriff’s Department will be a new, very comprehensive manual covering all operations of this agency.
The introduction of the new operation manuals is probably not the highlight of our employee’s week,
but they are very important in protecting our Sheriff’s Department staff. In addition, these rules and
regulations are beneficial to the individuals in this county when dealing with deputies, jailers and
administrative staff. These rules outline how employees of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department will
operate while acting in their official capacities. The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department strives to be a
professional agency in all aspects, and having a modern and comprehensive Policy and Procedures Manual is
an important step in achieving this.
Another area that your deputies are very busy in right now is training. Generally, the winter
months are a bit slower for most law enforcement agencies, allowing some deputies to take advantage of the
offer to attend specialty training schools they are interested in. Throughout the year, fees from Court cases
help finance our Law Officials Training Fund, which is dedicated monies that can only be used for training;
therefore, allowing employees to attend classes throughout our nation.
Recently, some of your deputies have attended schools in Kentucky, Kansas City and Arkansas; another is leaving in January for the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Academy in Quantico, VA. These are specialty schools with studies ranging from Homicide, Drug and Crime Scene Investigations, to Computer, K-9 and Juvenile Victim Crimes. I am a huge advocate of specialized training, which gives you a more professional deputy and proficient Sheriff’s Department. One of my favorite adages that applies here is, “When it comes time to perform, it is too late to train!”
On a sad note, despite our aggressive drug enforcement endeavors and elevated arrests numbers, we continue to see fatal heroin drug overdoses on a regular basis in Pulaski County. The return of heroin has hit this area with a vengeance, which is a trend that seasoned drug detectives and I thought was a ghost of the past. Without a doubt, the heroin we are seeing in this area is indeed a lethal potion, sending some addicts and first time users to their graves.
We can all agree that law enforcement is only one part of the overall solution to this problem. Education and Intervention are two key elements in suppressing this epidemic, along with asking the community to talk to suspected families members and friends about the dangers of illegal drugs, especially heroin. Regarding additional efforts to deter heroin usage, Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and I are brainstorming this dilemma and meeting with medical professionals in an attempt to develop other methods for deterrence.
One last note, if you are close to the St. Robert Wal-Mart store this Wednesday (11-27), please stop and visit the Pulaski County Shop with a Cop booth out front, and help make this Christmas a happier one for our underprivileged children this holiday season.
This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our Web-site at (www.pcsheriff2.com), or on Facebook.
As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.
Sheriff Ronald Long

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Re: “The Sheriff’s View” (#46)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
Thanks for another good report.