Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham  (Read 8944 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era? Leading creation apologist and bestselling Christian author Ken Ham is joined at the Creation Museum by Emmy Award-winning science educator and CEO of the Planetary Society Bill Nye.

http://debatelive.org/
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »
Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era? Leading creation apologist and bestselling Christian author Ken Ham is joined at the Creation Museum by Emmy Award-winning science educator and CEO of the Planetary Society Bill Nye.

http://debatelive.org/
Great debate, If one is truly interested in facts I would suggest you watch it. If you have made up your mind already it has nothing for you.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »
I was truly hoping that anyone who watched this debate would understand that both sides are preaching religious beliefs and there are no "facts" to support either side! Figures ebilly would be the first one to spout out the word "facts" THERE ARE NONE!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
I was truly hoping that anyone who watched this debate would understand that both sides are preaching religious beliefs and there are no "facts" to support either side! Figures ebilly would be the first one to spout out the word "facts" THERE ARE NONE!
Except that Nye used facts over and over again while Ham kept saying bible.
Except Ham couldn't explain basic mechanics of a giant boat filled with animals.
There were facts introduced, and sadly they didn't support your side. Hey you were the one who brought this up. I agreed and didn't spout a side. I stated that it was a interesting debate and you should go into it with a open mind. Thank you for admitting if you do it that way you could not leave thinking Ham won anything.

THANKS MARK.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 02:28:37 AM »
There are many Christians who have said Ham does not speak for them. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »
the age of the earth/universe is irrelevant. how it all got here is the important part. scientists still have not disproven God. Arguing about the mechanics of the ark is rediculus and just a distraction from the fact God created all.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 03:29:53 AM »
the age of the earth/universe is irrelevant. how it all got here is the important part. scientists still have not disproven God. Arguing about the mechanics of the ark is rediculus and just a distraction from the fact God created all.
You can't disprove anything, but to be fair until christians define god this is pointless. Ham got smoked, that is all

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 02:04:12 PM »
 Can you name a "fact" that was brought up?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
God is the Creator of all. What definition are you looking for?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 02:31:55 PM »
Michael Snyder
The Truth
 February 7, 2014

Did you get a chance to see the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye “the Science Guy” the other night?  It was definitely entertaining.  Unfortunately, it didn’t do much to clarify the issues that millions of Americans tuned in to learn more about.  In fact, viewers got a lot of information from Bill Nye that simply is not true. 

Image: Bill Nye (Wikimedia Commons).

For example, Bill Nye made it sound like science has discovered fossil layers all over the earth that are neatly stacked on top of one another with less evolved creatures in the earlier layers and more advanced creatures in the upper layers.  He also made the incredible claim that you cannot find a single fossil which is in the wrong layer.  This is such an elementary mistake, and exhibits such a complete ignorance of what the fossil record actually shows, that he should have been laughed off the stage.  This is exactly the kind of extreme anti-intellectualism that Nye was supposedly trying to warn people about.  Sadly, our society has been so “dumbed down” that there are lots of people out there that will actually believe him.

During the debate, Bill Nye said that if we could find “just one” fossil that was out of place that we could change the world.

Well, apparently he is either completely ignorant or he purposely told a huge lie to the American people.

According to Dr. Donald Burge, the curator of vertebrate paleontology at the College of Eastern Utah Prehistoric Museum, mammal fossils are found in nearly every dinosaur dig that he has ever been associated with…

“We find mammals in almost all of our [dinosaur dig] sites. These were not noticed years ago … . We have about 20,000 pounds of bentonite clay that has mammal fossils that we are trying to give away to some researcher. It’s not that they are not important, it’s just that you only live once and I specialized in something other than mammals. I specialize in reptiles and dinosaurs.”

By the way, Dr. Burge is an evolutionist.

Not only that, a whole host of modern creatures have been found in “dinosaur rock layers”.  The following is an excerpt from an article by Calvin Smith…

To the surprise of many, ducks,1 squirrels,2 platypus,3beaver-like4 and badger-like5 creatures have all been found in ‘dinosaur-era’ rock layers along with bees, cockroaches,frogs and pine trees. Most people don’t picture a T. rexwalking along with a duck flying overhead, but that’s what the so-called ‘dino-era’ fossils would prove!

In fact, a total of 432 different mammal species have been identified in rock layers containing dinosaurs.

So does that mean that mammals have been around for tens of millions of years?

No, what it could mean is that the way that evolutionists have been dating the dinosaurs is fundamentally flawed.

Most people do not realize this, but T-Rex bones have actually been discovered that still contain soft tissue inside of them.

If those bones truly were “millions of years old” that would be impossible.

And carbon dating also provides strong evidence that the evolutionary timeline is seriously messed up.

Due to the rate that it decays, there should be absolutely no measurable radioactive carbon left in any fossils that are “greater than 100,000 years old”.

No matter how much radioactive carbon was there in the first place, it should be completely gone from anything that was once living after 100,000 years.

But we find it in all of the ancient fossils that we dig up that get tested.  We even find it in coal, diamonds and in dinosaur bones.

If Bill Nye wants to believe in the theory of evolution that is his choice.  But he should quit calling it “science”.  Those that choose to believe in the theory of evolution are choosing to have blind faith in an ancient pagan religious philosophy despite what the scientific evidence actually demonstrates.

If the theory of evolution was actually true, there should be millions upon millions of transitional fossils in the rock layers that show the development of one species into another species.

Instead, we find just the opposite.

But don’t take my word for it.  Just check out what one of the most famous evolutionists in the entire world has to say about the matter…

The most famous paleontologist in the world, Harvard’s Stephen Jay Gould, said, “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.” (Note” “extreme rarity” is Harvard-speak for “nada, zilch, zippo.”)

So what does the fossil record actually show?

It actually contains remarkable evidence for a sudden creation.  The following is an excerpt from a recent article by Bryan Fischer…

What the fossil record teaches us, in contrast to the theory of evolution, is that increasingly complex life forms appear fully formed in the fossil record, just as if they were put there by a Creator. This is especially true of what is called the “Pre-Cambrian Explosion,” the vast, overwhelming, and quite sudden appearance of complex life forms at the dawn of time. Evolutionists are at a total loss to explain the Pre-Cambrian Explosion.

The biblical record indicates quite clearly that all things, including increasingly complex life forms, came fully formed from the hand of God.

Thus the fossil record is a powerful argument for the existence of a Creator or Intelligent Designer while at the same time being fatal for the theory of evolution.

Science is supposed to be about what you can observe, but nobody has ever seen Darwinian evolution take place.  You cannot see it in the fossil record and you cannot see it in the laboratory.

Just consider this quote from evolutionary microbiologist James Shapiro of the University of Chicago…

“There are no detailed Darwinian accounts for the evolution of any fundamental biochemical or cellular systems, only a variety of wishful speculations.”

And consider this one from University of Bristol scientist Alan Linton…

“Throughout 150 years of the science of bacteriology, there isno evidence that one species of bacteria has changed into another. None exists in the literature claiming that one species has been shown to evolve into another.”

For much more on all of this, please see my previous article entitled “44 Reasons Why Evolution Is Just A Fairy Tale For Adults“.

Once again, please feel free to believe whatever you want to believe.  Bill Nye certainly does and Pat Robertson certainly does.  I definitely strongly disagree with both of them.

But I hope that everyone out there will quit claiming that evolution is a “proven fact” like Bill Nye has been claiming.

He is only embarrassing himself in front of the entire country.

And the truth is that Bill Nye even admits that there is a vast array of things about human origins that he does not know.  Here is more from Bryan Fischer…

Where did the atoms that made up the Big Bang come from? Nye has no idea. Where did man’s consciousness come from? Nye has no idea. How can matter produce life? Nye has absolutely no idea. This surely is all one needs to know to recognize the utter bankruptcy of the theory of evolution.

In the end, by making a ridiculous spectacle of himself and mocking Christianity, Bill Nye is actually fulfilling Bible prophecy.  The following was written nearly 2000 years ago…

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forgetthat long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Bill Nye can scoff at the Bible all that he wants, but he can never change the truth.

So what do you think about all of these things?  Please feel free to share your thoughts by posting a comment below…

This article was posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 5:48 am
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
Blah Blah Blah ....useless debate, only serves to give nutjobs like Hamm credibility when he deserves none.  You can never change the mind of someone that believes this sort of stuff ever.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »
Blah Blah Blah ....useless debate, only serves to give nutjobs like Nye credibility when he deserves none.  You can never change the mind of someone that believes this sort of stuff ever.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »
keep typing on your computer made with scientific fact

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
keep typing on your computer made with scientific fact
You can't lump "technology" in with "molecule -to- man evolution"! Two different subjects. Let me guess Hi You didn't watch the debate or read the article I posted? Your just (as usual) making a lame attempt to stir the pot! Are we really more "evolved" by having computers, and poisoning our air and waters to run them? Are we smarter to use up all of our natural resources, and pave over all of our farmland? Bill Nye talked about grade school science at best and is either grossly misinformed....or a bold face lire!  He also made the incredible claim that you cannot find a single fossil which is in the wrong layer.  This is such an elementary mistake, and exhibits such a complete ignorance of what the fossil record actually shows, that he should have been laughed off the stage.  This is exactly the kind of extreme anti-intellectualism that Nye was supposedly trying to warn people about.  Sadly, our society has been so “dumbed down” that there are lots of people out there that will actually believe him.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »
Can you name a "fact" that was brought up?
Age of the earth, problems with the ark, how background radiation was discovered, what it means, that the universe is expanding, how we know how far away stars are. These are but a few.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:45 PM »
Michael Snyder
The Truth
 February 7, 2014

Did you get a chance to see the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye “the Science Guy” the other night?  It was definitely entertaining.  Unfortunately, it didn’t do much to clarify the issues that millions of Americans tuned in to learn more about.  In fact, viewers got a lot of information from Bill Nye that simply is not true. 

Image: Bill Nye (Wikimedia Commons).

For example, Bill Nye made it sound like science has discovered fossil layers all over the earth that are neatly stacked on top of one another with less evolved creatures in the earlier layers and more advanced creatures in the upper layers.  He also made the incredible claim that you cannot find a single fossil which is in the wrong layer.  This is such an elementary mistake, and exhibits such a complete ignorance of what the fossil record actually shows, that he should have been laughed off the stage.  This is exactly the kind of extreme anti-intellectualism that Nye was supposedly trying to warn people about.  Sadly, our society has been so “dumbed down” that there are lots of people out there that will actually believe him.
Yet when asked for a single one where you had a Precambrian rabbit, Ham was smoked.

During the debate, Bill Nye said that if we could find “just one” fossil that was out of place that we could change the world.

Well, apparently he is either completely ignorant or he purposely told a huge lie to the American people.

According to Dr. Donald Burge, the curator of vertebrate paleontology at the College of Eastern Utah Prehistoric Museum, mammal fossils are found in nearly every dinosaur dig that he has ever been associated with…
Yes Dinosaurs and mammals evolved side by side. The Ignorance here is over 9000. This is why mammals have larger brains, to outsmart there larger preadotors. 

“We find mammals in almost all of our [dinosaur dig] sites. These were not noticed years ago … . We have about 20,000 pounds of bentonite clay that has mammal fossils that we are trying to give away to some researcher. It’s not that they are not important, it’s just that you only live once and I specialized in something other than mammals. I specialize in reptiles and dinosaurs.”

By the way, Dr. Burge is an evolutionist.
Yes what is your point

Not only that, a whole host of modern creatures have been found in “dinosaur rock layers”.  The following is an excerpt from an article by Calvin Smith…

To the surprise of many, ducks,1 squirrels,2 platypus,3beaver-like4 and badger-like5 creatures have all been found in ‘dinosaur-era’ rock layers along with bees, cockroaches,frogs and pine trees. Most people don’t picture a T. rexwalking along with a duck flying overhead, but that’s what the so-called ‘dino-era’ fossils would prove!
Can we see any pictures of these jurassic ducks? A link perhapes.

In fact, a total of 432 different mammal species have been identified in rock layers containing dinosaurs.
Yes again Dino's and mammals co-evolved.

So does that mean that mammals have been around for tens of millions of years?
Yes

No, what it could mean is that the way that evolutionists have been dating the dinosaurs is fundamentally flawed.
NO

Most people do not realize this, but T-Rex bones have actually been discovered that still contain soft tissue inside of them.
Yes, and it was also discovered that it is due to how they fossilized. 

If those bones truly were “millions of years old” that would be impossible.
Nope

And carbon dating also provides strong evidence that the evolutionary timeline is seriously messed up.

Due to the rate that it decays, there should be absolutely no measurable radioactive carbon left in any fossils that are “greater than 100,000 years old”.
You are right, that is why they USE DIFFERENT RADIOACTIVE ISSOTOPES

No matter how much radioactive carbon was there in the first place, it should be completely gone from anything that was once living after 100,000 years.
Yes

But we find it in all of the ancient fossils that we dig up that get tested.  We even find it in coal, diamonds and in dinosaur bones.
Radioactive carbon =/= Regular carbon

If Bill Nye wants to believe in the theory of evolution that is his choice.  But he should quit calling it “science”.  Those that choose to believe in the theory of evolution are choosing to have blind faith in an ancient pagan religious philosophy despite what the scientific evidence actually demonstrates.
as bad as you have messed up maybe you should quite.
If the theory of evolution was actually true, there should be millions upon millions of transitional fossils in the rock layers that show the development of one species into another species.
There are.

Instead, we find just the opposite.
Nope
But don’t take my word for it.  Just check out what one of the most famous evolutionists in the entire world has to say about the matter…

The most famous paleontologist in the world, Harvard’s Stephen Jay Gould, said, “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.” (Note” “extreme rarity” is Harvard-speak for “nada, zilch, zippo.”)
Ah you want species to species and not transitioning to a new species. 

So what does the fossil record actually show?

It actually contains remarkable evidence for a sudden creation.  The following is an excerpt from a recent article by Bryan Fischer…
Except for the billions of years and all

What the fossil record teaches us, in contrast to the theory of evolution, is that increasingly complex life forms appear fully formed in the fossil record, just as if they were put there by a Creator. This is especially true of what is called the “Pre-Cambrian Explosion,” the vast, overwhelming, and quite sudden appearance of complex life forms at the dawn of time. Evolutionists are at a total loss to explain the Pre-Cambrian Explosion.
A period of nearly 500 million years. If this is sudden what is long term

The biblical record indicates quite clearly that all things, including increasingly complex life forms, came fully formed from the hand of God.

Thus the fossil record is a powerful argument for the existence of a Creator or Intelligent Designer while at the same time being fatal for the theory of evolution.
If you are blind it does

Science is supposed to be about what you can observe, but nobody has ever seen Darwinian evolution take place.  You cannot see it in the fossil record and you cannot see it in the laboratory.
Bannana anyone. A evolved fruit that man created by useing evolution... Oh snap. 

Just consider this quote from evolutionary microbiologist James Shapiro of the University of Chicago…

“There are no detailed Darwinian accounts for the evolution of any fundamental biochemical or cellular systems, only a variety of wishful speculations.”

And consider this one from University of Bristol scientist Alan Linton…

“Throughout 150 years of the science of bacteriology, there isno evidence that one species of bacteria has changed into another. None exists in the literature claiming that one species has been shown to evolve into another.”

For much more on all of this, please see my previous article entitled “44 Reasons Why Evolution Is Just A Fairy Tale For Adults“.
Or grab a textbook from someone who doesn't put a book before knowladge.

Once again, please feel free to believe whatever you want to believe.  Bill Nye certainly does and Pat Robertson certainly does.  I definitely strongly disagree with both of them.
It's sad mark when Pat is calling this bullshit. I mean It's like the Joker calling you crazy.

But I hope that everyone out there will quit claiming that evolution is a “proven fact” like Bill Nye has been claiming.
So you want us to pretend that a fairy popping all life on earth is a better idea. (Replace fairy with god. its the same thing.)

He is only embarrassing himself in front of the entire country.
Because believing in talking snakes and a 900 year old man building a boat is sno much beter.

And the truth is that Bill Nye even admits that there is a vast array of things about human origins that he does not know.  Here is more from Bryan Fischer…
I don't know is a much better answer than SANTA DID IT. (Replace santa with god)

Where did the atoms that made up the Big Bang come from? Nye has no idea. Where did man’s consciousness come from? Nye has no idea. How can matter produce life? Nye has absolutely no idea. This surely is all one needs to know to recognize the utter bankruptcy of the theory of evolution.
Again I don't know is a reasonable answer. 

In the end, by making a ridiculous spectacle of himself and mocking Christianity, Bill Nye is actually fulfilling Bible prophecy.  The following was written nearly 2000 years ago…

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forgetthat long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
Yes god knew that his bull would be found out. Maybe next time he should proof read his book. 

Bill Nye can scoff at the Bible all that he wants, but he can never change the truth.

So what do you think about all of these things?  Please feel free to share your thoughts by posting a comment below…

This article was posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 5:48 am
I think you need to go outside, get some fresh air and go to church, because we are laughing at you here. Look if you want to believe in a god that's fine, but don't go waving it in public demanding people to look at it.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 06:25:58 PM »
I can easily dispute ALL of your lame postings. (pick one) Yet, I ask myself why? You will still strut around holding hands with Bill Nye saying you have it right!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 07:40:10 PM »
I can easily dispute ALL of your lame postings. (pick one) Yet, I ask myself why? You will still strut around holding hands with Bill Nye saying you have it right!
I don't hold hands with Nye, I hold hands with the real world. I welcome you to join it.
but you said you could dispute any of my lame posting. Prove that god did it is a better answer than I don't know.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »
With my knowledge of science, the odds against any of this happening by chance, and the Bible.......I only have to look out the window! You on the other hand need some more knowledge! I have been trying and posting and trying again....but you chose to believe in the wrong religion! Here's a little something on the mathematical odds!
The Odds Against Life

Last week we discussed how unlikely Planet Earth is. Every facet of our planet—its solar system, and its galaxy—makes life possible. Change anything, and our planet would be as lifeless as space is.

What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study.They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance. 

NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert.  Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”

Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”

every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible.  If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.

He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”

It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies. (This does not say that life does not exist elsewhere. It just says that it could not exist by random chance.)

The study reminds me of the joke about Neal Armstrong’s first moonwalk. About 100 feet from the Lunar Lander, Neal stooped down and picked up a Rolex watch lying on the moon’s surface. It even had the correct time. Armstrong frantically radioed Houston and asked, “What do we do now? The camera was on me when I picked up the watch! People will think that we weren’t first to the moon. They may even believe the Russians beat us here!”  Houston radioed back, “Don’t worry. We already have a story that earth will believe. We’ll just tell them that the watch evolved on the moon!”

I enjoyed the movie “Contact” starring Jodi Foster. She played a SETI scientist. SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) uses an array of huge radio receivers that listen for “organized”

radio signals. If a signal is random static, it is natural. If it is organized, however, it was undoubtedly sent by an intelligent source. For instance, the signal “2 – 2 – 4″ (about 10 bytes of information) is intelligent. Although SETI has not yet heard any such signal in its 30 years, they keep listening.

By some stretch of logic, many of those same scientists say that a DNA molecule containing four billion bytes of perfectly arranged information did not come from a source of intelligence. It just “happened!”

Considering the odds against evolution being true, why is it so important to some folks that wedo believe in evolution? What does our belief in evolution make possible?
1.The discarding of “right and wrong.” If life is an accident of random atoms, does it really matter if a Boy Scout helps an elderly lady across the street or shoves her under a bus?
2.Abortion rights. If we are just an accident of physics, does it matter if we kill our preborn children? After all, they have no soul. They have no rights. They are just “tissue.” Call any Planned Parenthood abortuary to hear this firsthand.) Tell that to any expectant mother who has felt a kick, heard the heartbeat, or seen the sonogram.

The theory of evolution has put humanity on a slippery slope with no bottom. After all, if mankind becomes extinct through its own excesses, it’s all part of evolution. We just weren’t fit to survive. 
 Somehow, that last assumption seems logical. For if mankind clings to something so unproven, so impossible, and so destructive, perhaps “man wasn’t intelligent enough to survive.”

A fitting epitaph.

~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
With my knowledge of science, the odds against any of this happening by chance, and the Bible.......I only have to look out the window! You on the other hand need some more knowledge! I have been trying and posting and trying again....but you chose to believe in the wrong religion! Here's a little something on the mathematical odds!
The Odds Against Life
We don't full understand life yet, and have not even left this rock, but heck why don't we do the math anyway and make it up as we go

Last week we discussed how unlikely Planet Earth is. Every facet of our planet—its solar system, and its galaxy—makes life possible. Change anything, and our planet would be as lifeless as space is.
And last week I destroyed ever bit of your "MATH"

What about life itself? How did life come about? Could there be life elsewhere? NASA conducted an interesting study.They needed to know the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. Earth could not afford the danger if one of our space vehicles were to bring back a deadly microbe for which man had no resistance.
Yes this is important, but lets face it our solar system is quite itty bitty compared to the universe.

NASA hired Yale University’s Harold Morowitz, a theoretics expert.  Dr. Morowitz deals with “the laws of large numbers and probabilities.”

Here is how the probabilities theory works: you take a set of circumstances, and you scientifically determine the odds of a certain outcome. For instance, if you flip a coin, you have “even odds” of heads or tails. The more you flip it, the greater the odds are against it coming up “heads”
No, no it isn't. Past events do not predict future odds. Every time you flip a coin it is 49.9 to 49.9 (There is a small chance of it landing on its side.)

every time. Once you get to 1/1015, the probability of an event ever happening is negligible.  If you get to 1/1050, the event could not have happened even once in 15 billion-years. After studying the complexity of a protein molecule, Dr. Morowitz concluded that the probability of life occurring by chance is 1/10236. 1/10236 takes into account all the atoms in the universe, and the chance that the right ones came together just once to form a protein molecule.
Except this is not how math works. One in 1015 isn't really bad odds. If there are 3000 people in town it is very likely that it happened to 3 people. Even 1 in 10236 means that one person in springfield size town likely won. Do you mean 1/1*10^15 Even that is not that large a odd when you add the age of the universe. (13.8 trillion or 1.3*10^11 power + the size of the universe. 1.3*Pi ^3= 1.26 *10^13 power. So the odds of the universe having life is one in 10... Not bad odds all thing considered. 

He said “The universe would have to be trillions of years older, and trillions of times larger, for a protein molecule to have occurred by random chance.”
His math is off by a lot.

It’s a bit like throwing 4 billion pennies into the air and having them all land heads-up. Evolutionists tell us that given enough time, this could happen. But as we just learned, there wasn’t enough time and there weren’t enough pennies. (This does not say that life does not exist elsewhere. It just says that it could not exist by random chance.)
Except you forget we can destroy the pennies that are tales and keep throwing. Eventually all will be heads up.

The study reminds me of the joke about Neal Armstrong’s first moonwalk. About 100 feet from the Lunar Lander, Neal stooped down and picked up a Rolex watch lying on the moon’s surface. It even had the correct time. Armstrong frantically radioed Houston and asked, “What do we do now? The camera was on me when I picked up the watch! People will think that we weren’t first to the moon. They may even believe the Russians beat us here!”  Houston radioed back, “Don’t worry. We already have a story that earth will believe. We’ll just tell them that the watch evolved on the moon!”
I love the whole watch story, however watchs are not alive... If they were. Evolution IS a Blind Watchmaker

I enjoyed the movie “Contact” starring Jodi Foster. She played a SETI scientist. SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) uses an array of huge radio receivers that listen for “organized”

radio signals. If a signal is random static, it is natural. If it is organized, however, it was undoubtedly sent by an intelligent source. For instance, the signal “2 – 2 – 4″ (about 10 bytes of information) is intelligent. Although SETI has not yet heard any such signal in its 30 years, they keep listening.
At 30 years we are only searching for alien life within 30 lightyears of ourselves... In one direction... Hoping they are at our stage of evolution....and hoping they are not so far advanced that they are hiding there signals. Logic isn't a strong suit is it.

By some stretch of logic, many of those same scientists say that a DNA molecule containing four billion bytes of perfectly arranged information did not come from a source of intelligence. It just “happened!”
And 90 percent of that "Data" is meaningless. If it is a creator, must be a half retarded one.

Considering the odds against evolution being true, why is it so important to some folks that wedo believe in evolution? What does our belief in evolution make possible?
Why is it so important that your mythos be told. Evolution is tested and has been used for meds, oil drilling, and cloning. (Supporting the cattle industry) What has your god ever done.
1.The discarding of “right and wrong.” If life is an accident of random atoms, does it really matter if a Boy Scout helps an elderly lady across the street or shoves her under a bus?
It isn't a accident, it is a chemical reaction. Understanding that we are interconnected and as a society if we work together everyone does better... Yes it helps. But Mark why do you need god to be good?
2.Abortion rights. If we are just an accident of physics, does it matter if we kill our preborn children? After all, they have no soul. They have no rights. They are just “tissue.” Call any Planned Parenthood abortuary to hear this firsthand.) Tell that to any expectant mother who has felt a kick, heard the heartbeat, or seen the sonogram.
Brain waves are the only difference between lower and sapient life forms. Why should you care what a women does with her body. If no brain waves no person.

The theory of evolution has put humanity on a slippery slope with no bottom. After all, if mankind becomes extinct through its own excesses, it’s all part of evolution. We just weren’t fit to survive. 
And it is our fault. If we accept religion it is the act of god. Gives man motive to keep himself alive.
Somehow, that last assumption seems logical. For if mankind clings to something so unproven, so impossible, and so destructive, perhaps “man wasn’t intelligent enough to survive.”
I don't believe that Mark, religion is helpful to some. It just shouldn't rule the world of the 21 century.

A fitting epitaph.
It really is Mark, it's funny how you meant science but no mater how you wrote it I got religion was what we outgrew

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
evolution is a religion. but it does not explain life or provide a moral compass.

atheism is a waste of living. no belief system other than doing what a huiman wants to with no frame of reference for structure

Belief in God is logical. The bible and the christian religion provides structure for a productive and happy life.

man has proven many times he cannot be trusted to his own devices. God gives instruction and answers the question of life and how we ahould live it.

the age of the universe is a waste of time to debate. evolution is still an unproven theory.

Study the complexity of just one thing in the universe, and prove it all just "happened".

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 10:45:21 PM »
evolution is a religion. but it does not explain life or provide a moral compass.
Evolution is a fact. We use it to make vaccines. It does not explain life. That is abiogenises.4. How life began

atheism is a waste of living. no belief system other than doing what a huiman wants to with no frame of reference for structure
Well there is the whole what is best to survive, or just being a good person... But whatever.

Belief in God is logical. The bible and the christian religion provides structure for a productive and happy life.
Yes the Crusades prove how great a christian life can be. Or the witch trials, or all the deaths to heretics. The bible says that the earth is on pillars in Issah. 

man has proven many times he cannot be trusted to his own devices. God gives instruction and answers the question of life and how we should live it.
Man has also proved how we can be trusted at times. The fact that your god hasn't been here for 2000 years and we are now to the point to start to see the stars. WOW.

the age of the universe is a waste of time to debate. evolution is still an unproven theory.
Yes but the debate wasn't about proving evolution right. It was proving Ham was full of pork. A young earth is impossible.

Study the complexity of just one thing in the universe, and prove it all just "happened".
Study the Complexity of your God and prove it just happened.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 02:54:11 AM »
evolution is not fact. it is a theory that has not been proven

to be anti God is to denounce good. how can an atheist develop a moral compass? by their surroundings, Christian influences. How else will a person determine right from wrong?

there were also muslim crusades. no mention? skewing facts? yes there were dark days in Christianity, fuel by evil. those events happened how many hundreds of yrs ago?

when has man been shown to be trusted? God is an omnipresent God. He is the alpha and the omega. we are now to the point to see the stars? LOL LOL

define a "young" earth. the age of the earth is irrelevant. it is only important to those trying to disprove God and Christianity. There are Christians that are confused and try to put a time table on when the earth was made so date of the last days can be predicted.

nothing "just " happened. God created all, including all the details of each creation. that is why a belief in evolution is folly.

those trying to disprove God should approach the task scientifically. gather the facts, conduct experiments(like creating dirt from nothing) and let the conclusions make the point. Many cannot accept the fact there is a God that created all, because they approached the issue with an already decided bias.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 04:08:10 AM »
evolution is not fact. it is a theory that has not been proven
Yeah it kind of has. You know the flu vaccine...

to be anti God is to denounce good. how can an atheist develop a moral compass? by their surroundings, Christian influences. How else will a person determine right from wrong?
God... Good. Are you reading the same book that I am. You know the one where slavery and owning women was A-ok. The one were it was commanded to kill someone who doesn't believe in you and to kill your kids if they disobay. That is good? No thank you I will be evil and love my neighbors and help everyone thank you very much.

there were also muslim crusades. no mention? skewing facts? yes there were dark days in Christianity, fuel by evil. those events happened how many hundreds of yrs ago?
Yep followers of god killed followers of god. Yeppy. It still in happening. 9-11-2001, again christians vs Muslims.

when has man been shown to be trusted? God is an omnipresent God. He is the alpha and the omega. we are now to the point to see the stars? LOL LOL
I trust men, most are ok. There are some bad eggs but that happens.

define a "young" earth. the age of the earth is irrelevant. it is only important to those trying to disprove God and Christianity. There are Christians that are confused and try to put a time table on when the earth was made so date of the last days can be predicted.
It really doesn't matter, if you believe that god created earth first and stars second, than how could the stars be seen. If god created plants first and the sun second how did the plants grow.

nothing "just " happened. God created all, including all the details of each creation. that is why a belief in evolution is folly.
Never said nothing just happened. I said I don't know, a Viable answer.

those trying to disprove God should approach the task scientifically. gather the facts, conduct experiments(like creating dirt from nothing) and let the conclusions make the point. Many cannot accept the fact there is a God that created all, because they approached the issue with an already decided bias.
Anyone trying to prove god just needs to create a ounce of soil from nothing and everyone would believe. Oh that's right your god can't do that anymore.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »
You should use your "I don't know" answer more often ebilly!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 04:49:56 AM »
is the flu vaccine been proven 100% effective? evolution has not been proven either.

which verses? you can pick and choose all you want from the bible, but you need to study a bit what you are choosing. many slaves were the result of wars. many indentured themselves to pay a debt.

muslims are not followers of the God of the bible. muslims kill anyone not following allah.

ya better read Genesis again. God did not create plants first and the sun second. your ignorance is showing.

Then how was the universe created if God did not create it? When did evolution begin? what triggered it?

Finally, you just acknowledged God created the earth! LOL LOL

How do you know God can not make dirt anymore. to disprove God, scientists are the ones that need to create dirt from nothing. If man could create dirt or a human from nothing, than that would prove God didn't create us or the earth.

take  Mark's advice with the I don't know answer.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 05:22:46 AM »
is the flu vaccine been proven 100% effective? evolution has not been proven either.
Of course not, because the virus evolves. Thanks for proving my point.

which verses? you can pick and choose all you want from the bible, but you need to study a bit what you are choosing. many slaves were the result of wars. many indentured themselves to pay a debt.
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years.  Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom.  If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year.  But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him.  If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master.  But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children.  I would rather not go free.'  If he does this, his master must present him before God.  Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.  After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.  (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
this is your moral god, I don't care who a person is, you should never own another person. A god should be above this, but evidently basic human rights that even china has is to much for your god. Oh and you can beat them as well.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.  (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Keep excusing your god.

muslims are not followers of the God of the bible. muslims kill anyone not following allah.
Actually they are, maybe study what you say first. They both worship the god of Abraham.

ya better read Genesis again. God did not create plants first and the sun second. your ignorance is showing.
day 3 plants, day 4 the sun and moon.

Then how was the universe created if God did not create it? When did evolution begin? what triggered it?
The universe was created by a singularity expanding into the entire known universe. Evolution began when the first cell formed 4 billion years ago. Solar, volcanic and radiation.

Finally, you just acknowledged God created the earth! LOL LOL
A god that can't do anything might as well not exist. I gave you the benifit of the doubt.

How do you know God can not make dirt anymore. to disprove God, scientists are the ones that need to create dirt from nothing. If man could create dirt or a human from nothing, than that would prove God didn't create us or the earth.
You are the one making the claim that god can make earth, go ahead and prove it.... I am waiting.

take  Mark's advice with the I don't know answer.
When you ask a hard question I might. Now the answer you really deserve for your hard work...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 05:48:32 AM »
nope flus come and go they do not evolve

as it is stated in your post, many slaves willingly became slaves. slavery was also used as a judgment for the disobedient of God's ways. what did moses say? he led the jewish slave out of Egypt. God did not condone slavery, He allowed it for Hids purposes. Again, cherry pick all you want to stay ignorant.

big bang? LOL LOL where did that "known" universe come from? How did that first cell form? what caused the action? how did solar, volcanic, radiation come about?

Dance about all you want, you finally acknowledged God created the earth. There was no benefit(benefit) of the doubt! LOL LOL

The fact that man cannot create earth from nothing, proves God did!

You can't even answer the easy ones! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 06:26:26 AM »
"The universe was created by a singularity" Can you define singularity for me? (Grade school stuff at best)
~Teilhard de Chardin