Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Theolgy Thread, the problems with a good god.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Theolgy Thread, the problems with a good god.
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Trying to keep the ADHD down on the threads so we can actually argue properly.
Fish stated that Satan perverted god's work. However that said there is no reason Satan can do anything that god doesn't want him to. Satan therfor is either more powerful than god or doing gods work.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: Theolgy Thread, the problems with a good god.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 01:53:14 AM »
If God is all powerful and all knowing, why did he create Satan?
If there's only one God, why are we forbidden to worship another?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 02:19:43 AM »
God created us all as free to believe as we wish. There are consequences. read up on why satan fell from grace. satan believes he is God, but can only pervert what God has created.

Trying to analyze satan and why God allows satan to do what he does is stupid. The answers are in the bible. satan only does what God allows him to do.

Isaiah 45-7
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

The calamities God brings are judgements. God uses the evil in this world as instuments to do His will. Why did the assyrians attack Israel? why were they able to?

satan therfor (therefore) is not more powerful than God. God uses satan as an instrument. read about Job in the bible.

read the bible. and stop the stupid "philosophical" questions.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 03:05:04 AM »
God created us all as free to believe as we wish. There are consequences.
So we are free as long as we agree. Saying we have freedom and than executing those that use there freedom is not really freedom.
read up on why satan fell from grace.
Satan fell from grace (except he didn't as he is still in heaven) because he wanted to become greater than he was. He wanted to grow.
satan believes he is God, but can only pervert what God has created.
Not bad really, Damning 90% of mankind with such little work.

Trying to analyze satan and why God allows satan to do what he does is stupid
Not really. Analyzing is what we do, and why we have a brain in our head. Unlike you I do question everything. I want to know why, and I want to make sure that what I believe in is actually true and morally just.
. The answers are in the bible. satan only does what God allows him to do.
Than god is not a good god.

Isaiah 45-7
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

The calamities God brings are judgements. God uses the evil in this world as instuments to do His will. Why did the assyrians attack Israel? why were they able to?

satan therfor (therefore) is not more powerful than God. God uses satan as an instrument. read about Job in the bible.
Lets read Job, the good man. He did as god told him, was a rightous man and how was he rewarded. His kids were killed, his wealth was taken, and he was made sick... And why, because god wanted to be a jerk. There was no reason to do this to Job, there was no reason god couldn't have said. "Job look life is about to get tough but you will be rewarded. Nope, just curse Job and then tell him he should stop whining.

read the bible. and stop the stupid "philosophical" questions.
Philosophy is how we know what is right and wrong. Not what your book says. My morality helps others. Yours is true because your god says so, and no other reason.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
The title of this thread is about as stupid as it gets. pull your head out and get some air! instead of imitating oprah, read the bible for comprehension. You obviously have not read about Job. You trying to bs your way through college too? Stick with facts. Analyzing God? LOL LOL read the bible as you would read a text book, if you can read.
you are the epitome of stupidity!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »
The title of this thread is about as stupid as it gets. pull your head out and get some air! instead of imitating oprah, read the bible for comprehension. You obviously have not read about Job. You trying to bs your way through college too? Stick with facts. Analyzing God? LOL LOL read the bible as you would read a text book, if you can read.
you are the epitome of stupidity!
Oh really, So why did god make Jobs life terrible. What was the point. Yeah I can Analyze imaginary Characters. To bad you can't do the same. You can't Analyze god because there is no way to justify him.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
 You post clearly proves you did not read the story of Job. you are too lazy and want others to explain the why's of what Job went through.

If you would use a little initiative, and read the story of Job, you wouldn't be asking dumbass questions .

You would not be asking dumbass questions if you would read the bible first. Then if you still couldn't comprehend what you read, you might then be able to ask an intelligent question based on what you have read . the answers you will find or be given will come from the bible.   I know it takes a lot of effort, but you have to read to understand. maybe read first before posing a question? I know it is a stretch, but try it! LOL LOL

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
You post clearly proves you did not read the story of Job. you are too lazy and want others to explain the why's of what Job went through.

If you would use a little initiative, and read the story of Job, you wouldn't be asking dumbass questions .

You would not be asking dumbass questions if you would read the bible first. Then if you still couldn't comprehend what you read, you might then be able to ask an intelligent question based on what you have read . the answers you will find or be given will come from the bible.   I know it takes a lot of effort, but you have to read to understand. maybe read first before posing a question? I know it is a stretch, but try it! LOL LOL
I have read job. Satan comes to god and god brags about Job being a good man. Satan says he only does it because god gives him stuff. God takes it away (Well satan, but god tells him too) than satan returns and god brags about again about job. Satan says "Skin for skin" so god makes him ill.
Than Jobs friends come and tell him it's all his fault. One after another they call him a evil jerk. Finally god comes and says... Don't question me fool, I made everything" and gave Job all his stuff back.

How is this anything more than a spoiled God... INB4 I didn't read it. INB4 I didn't understand it. Fish either explain why I am wrong in my judgement or accept that your god is a jerk.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
inaccurate condensed version? LOL LOL inb4 what? You have difficulty telling time? LOL LOL you read a few passages maybe , and you think you know the whole story? LOL LOL You read a few passages and think you understand it? LOL LOL How did it end? maybe read chptr 42 : 10- 17. Your "judgement is flawed, you did not read the whole book of Job, or you don't want to reveal the ending because it disproves your statements, nothing new there! LOL LOL it is evident who the jerk is,  and it isn't God! LOL LOL

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
inaccurate condensed version? LOL LOL inb4 what? You have difficulty telling time? LOL LOL you read a few passages maybe , and you think you know the whole story? LOL LOL You read a few passages and think you understand it? LOL LOL How did it end? maybe read chptr 42 : 10- 17. Your "judgement is flawed, you did not read the whole book of Job, or you don't want to reveal the ending because it disproves your statements, nothing new there! LOL LOL it is evident who the jerk is,  and it isn't God! LOL LOL
The ending was god comes down from a tornado and instead of telling Job anything he tells him that he doesn't even have the right to know why he was being tormented. God brings up how he created the Elephant and the gator.
And I say that isn't good enough, saying you won't answer is the same as saying that you can't.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 01:50:52 AM »
you obviously didn't read the whole book of Job. If you want to lie, at least make it somewhat believable. You quoted from chapter 38, trying to lie your way out ... again.

THIS is how Job's torment ended: Job chapter 42 (the last chapter of the book of Job.)

42 Then Job replied to the Lord:
2 “I know that you can do all things;
    no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
    Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
    things too wonderful for me to know
4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
    I will question you,
    and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
    but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
    and repent in dust and ashes.”
7 After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. 8 So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.” 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite did what the Lord told them; and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer.

10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. 11 All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the Lord had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver[a] and a gold ring.

12 The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. 13 And he also had seven sons and three daughters. 14 The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch. 15 Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job’s daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.

16 After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. 17 And so Job died, an old man and full of years.

THAT was the result of God allowing satan to test Job's faith. Maybe pull your head out and read before spouting off.

Truth wins again! LOL LOL

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:09:33 AM »
This reminds me of the "Stockholm syndrome"
Mentally and physically abuse someone, then reward them so they will worship and follow you.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 02:27:33 AM »
not even a credible comparison.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:19 AM »
not even a credible comparison.
I see it as well. Without the threat of hell and the belittling of it's members there would be a lot fewer christians out there.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 04:33:45 AM »
who does the belittling? atheists? more lies

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 04:44:17 AM »
who does the belittling? atheists? more lies
We atheist actually believe humans are worth something and can do good deeds on there own. We aren't the ones telling everyone they are like dirty rags and deserve hell. We aren't the ones who judge people for the way they are born. We don't tell people who they can and can't fall in love with.
We judge people by the merits of there deeds. You judge all have sinned and fall short the glory of god.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 05:11:39 AM »
I don't judge anyone. I state facts. such as you are a liar when it comes to the bible and what it says. you have been caught lying on this thread.

who is telling people they are dirty rags and deserve hell? Proof??

People are born in sin. People are not born as criminals or homosexual. they choose that life. All atheists support the homosexual lifestyle? Proof??

You want to be homosexual, go ahead with your abnormal lifestyle

It isn't judging to say we have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. It is a fact! If you would read the bible you just might learn something. we are not condemned , we have a Savior, sent by God. your choice to accept Him or not.

this is not new to you. you choose to not believe and judge those that choose to accept God's gift of a Savior. YOU are the one condemning yourself by refusing to believe in God and accept Jesus. This just another broken record as there are many threads on here stating the same, and you still refuse to believe. your choice, but a dumb one.