Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: what happened to religious freedom?  (Read 9530 times)

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: what happened to religious freedom?
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2014, 01:49:22 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

again you show that you DON'T know the bible inside out as you said you did. None of us are going to heaven. The believers will be in God's kingdom, which is on earth.

Another lie ebilly! LOL LOL

Let me get this strait. Those who believe as you aren't going to heaven?
They will stay on earth? Are you sure your following the right Messiah?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2014, 02:43:21 AM »
truth hurts? LOL LOL

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
try reading the bible for comprehension. your ignorance is running neck and neck  with your stupidity. maybe have a nice bible study with ebilly? LOL LOL

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
Rapture? Where does the bible say "rapture" Prove it! let's see the verse.
The ones that die before the tribulation will be in the company of God without a body? LOL prove it. what verses?
Read about the resurrections.
John 5:28-29 
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
the people that have died over the centuries are dead in the ground.
Being in the body means alive on earth. at home with the Lord means to be with Jesus, it doesn't state  where Jesus is.
Who declared? Elsewhere he declared, “I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far” . Sloppy cut and paste again? LOL LOL
Paul is saying he wants to be with Jesus instead of on earth; depart means no longer alive on earth.

Read Revelation 20. Billy is off a bit.

keep lying about knowing the bible! LOL LOL I don't mind stating I don't know it all. That is why I read it a lot. you should try it!
Doesn't believe int the rapture, believes in a new earth. Doesn't believe the old testament is relevant, hates homosexuality. Fish are you a electron cause you at two places at the same time.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
Once everyone finally learns we are no more than worm food when we die we can get on to doing good things instead of argument and war.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:44 PM »

A Facebook story about a guy who prayed for a car.
March 6, 2014 at 8:24pm

I typically pride myself in my ability to have effective, non-confrontational religious debates online.

This last example, however, left me a bit disappointed in myself. How would you have responded to this all-too-common and all-too-disappointing argument in favor of the power of prayer?

Here’s an example in my life. A few years ago I needed a “new” car. I had very specific criteria. It needed to be safe, fuel efficient, low mileage and under $6000. I also had some things I wanted it to have: cruise control and a manual transmission (not often found together), a CD player, manual locks and windows, not be red and have a sun roof. I realized it was highly unlikely that I was going to get everything or almost everything I was looking for.

After much prayer and “challenging” God, I went out looking. After making several stops, a sales exec at a dealership said “I think I have something.” He pulled up a blue Ford ZX2 with 32,600 miles on it – just back on lease return. The car met all my needs, had all my “wants” except the sun roof and was the right price. It was also a few days from being sent to auction because it had been on the lot a while.

We put a deposit down so they would hold the vehicle while I continued to look. There was nothing like it in the whole city and I even had other dealers tell me that offer was impossible. In some ways, it sounded too good to be true. And yet, it was.

Do I think it was coincidence that I got that car? Not even a little bit.

Seven years later, the car is still running. I put over 80,000 miles on it. We’ve replaced mostly minor things and only had one major repair due to negligence on the part of a repair shop. My sister now has the car.

It was a direct blessing from God. A miracle maybe even. You may consider it a “lucky coincidence” but I couldn’t have gotten a better vehicle if I’d designed it myself. I see the hand of God in it. You can see whatever you want.

And here is my admittedly reactive response.

That’s arguably one of the most petty, laughable, shallow, and pathetic examples for the power of prayer that I’ve ever come across. I’m hoping you’re being deliberately ironic and in which case, I applaud you! If not, you have to realize that in you’re saying that god cares whether or not you have a manual transmission and a CD player. Meanwhile, infants are being raped by family members in Uganda. Maybe you should start praying for things that matter instead of your petty desire for a sweet ride. You are morally hideous.

When did God appear as a used car salesman anyhow?

Yes, I definitely let my fury get the better of me, and I should know better. Nothing good comes from it in a forum such as Facebook. But COME ON — sometimes enough must simply be enough! It feels to me that any level of sugar coating would have been patronizing.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
more lies ebilly. you have not proven the bible teaches a rapture. the word rapture is not in the bible. why didn't you prove it?  can't? LOL LOL
where have I said the ot is irrelevant. Prove it! More lies. Yes I hate homosexuality, not the homosexuals. the sin not the sinner, remember? If you know the bible inside out as you say you do , you would know this to be true! LOL LOL I can understand your love for homosexuality as you say you were born that way. Where in the bible does it state homosexuality is ok? prove it!
 the bible does not condone homosexuality, it is an abomination! abomination is a word used in the bible to describe homosexuality? If you know the bible inside out as you say you do , you would know this to be true

You have refused to prove any points you made about the rapture, the dead before the truibulatuion! Why? Can't? LOL LOL If you know the bible inside out as you say you do , even you would know you are lying again. no surprise.

again, just lip service. you are a fraud. you do not know the bible inside out as you say. otherwise you would be able to prove your points. the fact is you post very few verses and you do not understand what you have posted.

shady's turn now! LOL LOL

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
An abomination to the guys that wrote it, Jesus said nothing on the matter, and that is the only thing that matters.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
can't get any plainer!
"And He answered and said, 'Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,' and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH?'" - Matthew 19:4-5

Mark 7:21-23; 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy,slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

Jesus  did not speak about pedophilia or bestiality, so they are ok?

the apostles preached about the evils of homosexuality. Jesus was their teacher. are all of the apostles wrong? don't think so.

Offline Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »
no your translation is wrong.........king james wasnt very good at hebrew

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »
it's not kjv

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2014, 03:39:28 AM »
When did God appear as a used car salesman anyhow?

I've never met God selling used cars.
Many of the preachers I've known were also used car salesmen.
Both occupations require the same skills
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
it's not kjv
That's right, just our of context. Jesus was asked about divorce, it starts at verse 3, not 4. It is talking about marriage and wives. Jesus is asking a direct question here.
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c]

And fish, I never mentioned the word Rapture, that was your word.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
Just our (out) of context? LOL LOL nope verses from the bible. why did you omit verse 6? "Consequently   they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." nas  bible. God has NOT joined together homosexuals.

I usually use the nas bible I have, (including kjv). I have others but the nas bible I have, has an index and concordance to the  testaments . There isn't much difference in the meaning of the verses from other versions of the bible, for someone that can read. Surely a dacs can understand! LOL LOL maybe you should let your son explain the words! LOL LOL

better check post #87 ebilly

"As for anyone that dies before the Tribulation and rapture they will be in the company of god without a body".
YOU are the one that posted rapture! Rapture is YOUR word! The proof is in YOUR post! Got caught in another lie! LOL LOL LOL

you have not provided the verse that states there will be a RAPTURE! the word YOU used is not in the bible! LOL LOL

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2014, 01:00:26 AM »
Freedom of religion or freedom from it?
Historically, the mixing of religion and politics, has a bad track record
If you want to change my mind?
Show me a good example of a theistic government.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2014, 03:10:06 AM »
we have both freedom of, and freedom from. Christianity is part of the history of our government. God is on our money, in gov't oaths, many places in our daily life. Where do many many people go when disasters such as hurricanes, 9/11 go? To church.
 the atheists are the ones forcing their beliefs when they file lawsuits over 10 commandment displays, nativity scenes, etc... some people need to just ignore something's and let others observe their religious beliefs or not. If the atheists would do a little research, they would know christmas and easter are pagan rituals, as is Halloween. I don't celebrate any of those and don't care if someone else chooses to.
our elected officials are to tend to the citizens well being. nobama is a great example of self serving elected officials. God will judge those people as they have a responsibility to take care of the citizens. there is nothing wrong with politicians using their wisdom,based on God's laws, to benefit the citizenry.

there is no changing a made up mind. a person needs to have the willingness to change and you do not.  no amount of proof will convince you.

There are examples in the bible. David, Solomon. things went awry when people went against God's laws. This country has gone downhill from where it used to be.
the problem is not the presence of God in our government, it is the lack of following God's laws. our laws are based on the 10 commandments. If everyone in the country was law abiding, followed the laws, there would be no crime. Would you walk the streets in east saint Louis at this hr or Waynesville?

not good results, but iran is a theocracy. I am guessing they have a pretty low crime rate given the penalties publicized that are exacted on criminals.

Israel follows the Torah pretty well.

most of the middle east is theocratic. there are not many deviations from the muslim religion in their government