Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Questions for Atheists  (Read 23407 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Questions for Atheists
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Questions for Atheists

1. Are you absolutely sure there is no God? If not, then is it not possible that there is a God? And if it is possible that God exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

2. Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

3. Would you agree that nothing cannot produce something? If so, then if the universe did not exist but then came to exist, wouldn’t this be evidence of a cause beyond the universe?

4. Would you agree with me that just because we cannot see something with our eyes—such as our mind, gravity, magnetism, the wind—that does not mean it doesn’t exist?

5. Would you also agree that just because we cannot see God with our eyes does not necessarily mean He doesn’t exist?

6. In the light of the big bang evidence for the origin of the universe, is it more reasonable to believe that no one created something out of nothing or someone created something out of nothing?

7. Would you agree that something presently exists? If something presently exists, and something cannot come from nothing, then would you also agree that something must have always existed?

8. If it takes an intelligent being to produce an encyclopedia, then would it not also take an intelligent being to produce the equivalent of 1000 sets of an encyclopedia full of information in the first one-celled animal? (Even atheists such as Richard Dawkins acknowledges that “amoebas have as much information in their DNA as 1000 Encyclopaedia Britannicas.” Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker (New York: WW. Norton and Co., 1996), 116.)

9. If an effect cannot be greater than its cause (since you can’t give what you do not have to give), then does it not make more sense that mind produced matter than that matter produced mind, as atheists say?

10. Is there anything wrong anywhere? If so, how can we know unless there is a moral law?

11. If every law needs a lawgiver, does it not make sense to say a moral law needs a Moral Lawgiver?

12. Would you agree that if it took intelligence to make a model universe in a science lab, then it took super-intelligence to make the real universe?

13. Would you agree that it takes a cause to make a small glass ball found in the woods? And would you agree that making the ball larger does not eliminate the need for a cause? If so, then doesn’t the biggest ball of all (the whole universe) need a cause?

14. If there is a cause beyond the whole finite (limited) universe, would not this cause have to be beyond the finite, namely, non-finite or infinite?

15. In the light of the anthropic principle (that the universe was fine-tuned for the emergence of life from its very inception), wouldn’t it make sense to say there was an intelligent being who preplanned human life?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: Questions for Atheists
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:59 AM »
Guess it depends on what you call a god.
Would that be a superior being?
There's possibly an unlimited number of those in the universe.

Or are you talking about an all powerful God that created everything?
If that's the case are you worshiping the right God?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:00:51 AM »
nope, there is only one God. God is a superior being. some people worship some things as if they are gods; sports, fishing boats, cars, money, material things.

But there is only one God that created the universe. there are many false gods. The God of the bible created the universe, He is the only true God.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:42:24 AM »
Ok there is only one God.
What is his name?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 02:59:18 AM »
how does the Lord's prayer begin?

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 03:54:47 AM »
how does the Lord's prayer begin?

Our father who Art in heaven...

Art! His name is Art! Praise Art!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
read your post again.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »
His name is God with a capital G. He will spank your little bottom for being disrespectful!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 12:22:23 AM »
His name is God with a capital G. He will spank your little bottom for being disrespectful!
No, just no. He is Elohim, Yhwh... Or Jehovah if you wish, The Great I Am, The Alpha and Omega, The God of Abraham Issac and Moses. God is just so informal really.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:49 AM »
god is informal, God is not.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »
Our father who Art in heaven...

Art! His name is Art! Praise Art!

Wait a minute, there is more to the first lines.

Our father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name...

Hallowed? What kind of name is that?!?

I think I will just refer to him as Hal....
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »
yep,looks like a littlebit post made at 2:43:48 AM

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »
yep,looks like a littlebit post made at 2:43:48 AM

Missouri time maybe, but I am far away from home.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
doesn't matter!

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »
You made a it a thing by posting the time, and now you make another post saying it doesn't matter?

Typical fish double talk.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 01:23:35 AM »
nope, it shows the caliber of the person posting. no matter what time of day, it is bound to be a nonsensical post! you didn't state with your post why you posting at that time, so it is reasonable to believe a 2:43:48 AM post will be something to not take seriously.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 04:05:27 AM »
nope, it shows the caliber of the person posting. no matter what time of day, it is bound to be a nonsensical post! you didn't state with your post why you posting at that time, so it is reasonable to believe a 2:43:48 AM post will be something to not take seriously.

Oh, I did not realize that I needed to give a reason as to why I was posting at an odd Missouri time. My apologies.

I think we all know what you are fish....

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »
Oh, I did not realize that I needed to give a reason as to why I was posting at an odd Missouri time. My apologies.

I think we all know what you are fish....

Lol, great post

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
 Got to admit the Troll with "the butt shaped mouse" cracked me up! And its OK to make fun of Fish or me. (We ALL make mistakes) But not God. His name is Holy! He is to be worshiped... for our benefit not His! When you disrespect God.....any thinking person can clearly see that you are demonically possessed! (and you don't even realize it!)  God = Good,  Devil = Bad!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
nope, I think you got it backwards! LOL LOL you don't have to give a reason for the time, but you are posting in OUR time zone and it shows up at 2:43:48 AM. might make people question your sobriety, or the caliber of the post, think (if you are able to) about it! . think what you want! LOL LOL

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
How do you explain the high degree of design and order in the universe if there is no God?

How do you account for the vast archaeological documentation of Biblical stories, places, and people?

Since absolutely no Bible prophecy has ever failed (and there are hundreds), how can one realistically remain unconvinced that the Bible is of divine origin?

How do you explain David's graphic portrayal of Jesus' death by crucifixion (Psalm 22) 1000 years before Christ lived?

How do you explain that the prophet Daniel prophesied the exact YEAR when the Christ would be presented as Messiah and also prophesied that the temple would be destroyed afterwards over 500 years in advance (Daniel 9:24-27)?

How could any mere human pinpoint the birth town of the Messiah seven full centuries before the fact, as did the prophet Micah?

How do you account for the odds (1 in 10 to the 157th power) that even just 48 (of 300) Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus Christ?

How was it possible for the Old Testament prophet Isaiah to have predicted the virgin birth of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14) 700 years before it occurred?

How can anyone doubt the reliability of Scripture considering the number and the proximity to the originals of its many copied manuscripts?

In what sense was Jesus a "good man" if He was lying in His claim to be God?

If the Bible is not true, why is it so universally regarded as "the Good Book"?

Did you know that the Bible has been the number one bestseller almost every single year since the 1436 invention of the Gutenberg printing press?

If God does not exist, then from where comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

Can you explain how personality could have ever evolved from the impersonal, or how order could have ever resulted from chaos?

If Jesus' resurrection was faked, why would twelve intelligent men (Jesus' disciples) have died for what they knew to be a lie?

How do you explain the fact that a single, relatively uneducated and virtually untraveled man, dead at age 33, radically changed lives and society to this day?

Why have so many of history's greatest thinkers been believers?

Have you ever wondered why thousands of intelligent scientists, living and dead, have been men and women of great faith?

If time never had a beginning, but rather goes backwards infinitely or has gone through an infinite number of cycles, then how is it possible that we are here today?

How can something as small as a brain understand extremely complicated aspects of the universe, even though it is (supposedly) just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical signals? But at the same time, this brain can’t create another brain like itself, so how can nature, that has no brain, create a brain?

Everyone knows Mount Rushmore was the result of intelligent design. Do you think the human body is the result of intelligent design?

When you look at a lot of creatures such as zebras, turtles, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, leopards, etc., you will notice amazing color patterns designed into them. Who came up with those? Does nature have a “taste” in colors , and does it know which colors go together nicely?

How do you account for the origin of life considering the irreducible complexity of its essential components?

How can the Second Law of Thermodynamics be reconciled with progressive, naturalistic evolutionary theory?

How do you reconcile the existence of human intelligence with naturalism and the Law of Entropy?

How come there are some things on our planet seem that they are especially designed for us? For example, the 2 most comfortable colors are blue and green , which happen to be the color of the sky and most of the nature around us. Who chose those colors to be there , before earth even existed?

Why does the Bible alone, of all of the world's holy books, contain such detailed prophecies of future events?

Is it absolutely true that "truth is not absolute" or only relatively true that "all things are relative?"

Is it possible that your unbelief in God is actually an unwillingness to submit to Him?

Does your present worldview provide you with an adequate sense of meaning and purpose?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

Why and how has the Bible survived and even flourished in spite of centuries of worldwide attempts to destroy and ban its message?

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity is the only religion whose leader is said to have risen from the dead?

How do you explain the empty tomb of Jesus in light of all the evidence that has now proven essentially irrefutable for twenty centuries?

If Jesus did not actually die and rise from the dead, how could He (in His condition) have circumvented all of the security measures in place at His tomb?

If the authorities stole Jesus' body, why?

Why would they have perpetrated the very scenario that they most wanted to prevent?

If Jesus merely resuscitated in the tomb, how did He deal with the Roman guard posted just outside its entrance?

How can one realistically discount the testimony of over 500 witnesses to a living Jesus following His crucifixion (see 1 Corinthians 15:6)?

If all of Jesus' claims to be God were the result of His own self-delusion, why didn't He show evidence of lunacy in any other areas of His life?

Is your unbelief in a perfect God possibly the result of a bad experience with an imperfect church or a misunderstanding of the facts, and therefore an unfair rejection of God Himself?

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?

Because life origins are not observable, verifiable, or falsifiable, how does the theory of "evolution" amount to anything more than just another faith system?

What do you make of all the anthropological studies indicating that even the most remote tribes show some sort of theological awareness?

If every effect has a cause, then what or who caused the universe?

How do you explain the thousands of people who have experienced heaven or hell and have come back to tell us about it?

How do you explain the countless people who have received miracles from God?

Is there any evidence that would satisfy you and persuade you to become a believer, or are you just going to believe what you WANT to believe?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »
How do you explain the high degree of design and order in the universe if there is no God?What would be a example of a universe without design?

How do you account for the vast archaeological documentation of Biblical stories, places, and people?Can you show us some archaeological proof of even one miracle?

Since absolutely no Bible prophecy has ever failed (and there are hundreds), how can one realistically remain unconvinced that the Bible is of divine origin?Can you point to a individual Prophecy that came true that the bible itself did not prove come true.

How do you explain David's graphic portrayal of Jesus' death by crucifixion (Psalm 22) 1000 years before Christ lived?Can you prove that Jesus existed? Making up a person and saying they fulfilled a prophecy is easy.

How do you explain that the prophet Daniel prophesied the exact YEAR when the Christ would be presented as Messiah and also prophesied that the temple would be destroyed afterwards over 500 years in advance (Daniel 9:24-27)?71 years now equals 66 years?

How could any mere human pinpoint the birth town of the Messiah seven full centuries before the fact, as did the prophet Micah?When someone writes fiction it is real easy

How do you account for the odds (1 in 10 to the 157th power) that even just 48 (of 300) Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus Christ?Again bible proves the bible right?

How was it possible for the Old Testament prophet Isaiah to have predicted the virgin birth of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14) 700 years before it occurred?Actually he didn't, and it supports my fiction hypothises. The original text it was not virgin but young women. The Hebrew word in Isaiah 7:14 is "almah," and its inherent meaning is "young woman."

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/virgin-or-young-woman.html#ixzz32HHgOzwY

How can anyone doubt the reliability of Scripture considering the number and the proximity to the originals of its many copied manuscripts?So because a lot exist is it ok?

In what sense was Jesus a "good man" if He was lying in His claim to be God?Even a good man can lie if it is for a good cause. Besides fish admits Jesus isn't god.

If the Bible is not true, why is it so universally regarded as "the Good Book"?Quran has just as many followers.

Did you know that the Bible has been the number one bestseller almost every single year since the 1436 invention of the Gutenberg printing press?And your point?

If God does not exist, then from where comes humanity's universal moral sense?Dude we have never had a universal moral code. Name a sin, evil, abomination and I can point not only a point where is was legal, but where it was moral.

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?If you are nothing but a pawn in a galactic game of chess...

Can you explain how personality could have ever evolved from the impersonal, or how order could have ever resulted from chaos?Animals have personality,

If Jesus' resurrection was faked, why would twelve intelligent men (Jesus' disciples) have died for what they knew to be a lie?Maybe because they believed in the message?

How do you explain the fact that a single, relatively uneducated and virtually untraveled man, dead at age 33, radically changed lives and society to this day?How do you explain that there is not one piece of secular evidence for his existence. 

Why have so many of history's greatest thinkers been believers?Well how about Aristotle? History remembers the winners. If christianty is correct why are most great thinkers today non religious?

Have you ever wondered why thousands of intelligent scientists, living and dead, have been men and women of great faith?Ever wonder why it is not continuing today?

If time never had a beginning, but rather goes backwards infinitely or has gone through an infinite number of cycles, then how is it possible that we are here today?Time started at the big bang. If god is eternal how is he here today?

How can something as small as a brain understand extremely complicated aspects of the universe, even though it is (supposedly) just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical signals? But at the same time, this brain can’t create another brain like itself, so how can nature, that has no brain, create a brain?How can a chip much smaller do the same thing?

Everyone knows Mount Rushmore was the result of intelligent design. Do you think the human body is the result of intelligent design?Did you know the mountain of the 5 chiefs was created by nature and turned into mount rushmore?

When you look at a lot of creatures such as zebras, turtles, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, leopards, etc., you will notice amazing color patterns designed into them. Who came up with those? Does nature have a “taste” in colors , and does it know which colors go together nicely?Yes it does, there is a reason for the design.

How do you account for the origin of life considering the irreducible complexity of its essential components?There are no irreducibly complex things.

How can the Second Law of Thermodynamics be reconciled with progressive, naturalistic evolutionary theory? According to you it happens all the time. Intelligence doesn't change that. Now learn what the second law means please. 

How do you reconcile the existence of human intelligence with naturalism and the Law of Entropy?Not understanding entropy. In general the universe becomes more disordered, but there can still be clumps of order.

How come there are some things on our planet seem that they are especially designed for us? For example, the 2 most comfortable colors are blue and green , which happen to be the color of the sky and most of the nature around us. Who chose those colors to be there , before earth even existed?Green is the most energetic wavelength, and plants absorb it. Food is green thus conforting. Water is blue... Same thing.

Why does the Bible alone, of all of the world's holy books, contain such detailed prophecies of future events?Again can you point to one that is not fulfilled in the bible?

Is it absolutely true that "truth is not absolute" or only relatively true that "all things are relative?"is it true that god can not make a rock he can not lift? Yeah don't make a sentence like that. There are things that are true, but most are assumptions. I think therefor I am is one of the worlds few truths.

Is it possible that your unbelief in God is actually an unwillingness to submit to Him?Nope. All you would have to do is provide proof and evidence. Is it possible that your belief in god is actually an unwillingness to accept blame for your own actions?

Does your present worldview provide you with an adequate sense of meaning and purpose?Yes

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?How do you explain the millions that haven't changed?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?No can you provide a link?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?That they had a christian bias.

Why and how has the Bible survived and even flourished in spite of centuries of worldwide attempts to destroy and ban its message?How has the Quran? The Torah, the epic of Gilgamesh?

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity is the only religion whose leader is said to have risen from the dead? Hercules would like to talk to you? Osirus?

How do you explain the empty tomb of Jesus in light of all the evidence that has now proven essentially irrefutable for twenty centuries?Bible proving the bible again. Show us the documents that prove the location of Joseph of Artemisia's tomb was. It was a legal transfer of land, where is the receipt? 

If Jesus did not actually die and rise from the dead, how could He (in His condition) have circumvented all of the security measures in place at His tomb?You have to prove he existed first.

If the authorities stole Jesus' body, why?To give reason to attack jewish or roman land

Why would they have perpetrated the very scenario that they most wanted to prevent?

If Jesus merely resuscitated in the tomb, how did He deal with the Roman guard posted just outside its entrance?

How can one realistically discount the testimony of over 500 witnesses to a living Jesus following His crucifixion (see 1 Corinthians 15:6)?So you have a signature of each one?

If all of Jesus' claims to be God were the result of His own self-delusion, why didn't He show evidence of lunacy in any other areas of His life? Prove he existed.

Is your unbelief in a perfect God possibly the result of a bad experience with an imperfect church or a misunderstanding of the facts, and therefore an unfair rejection of God Himself?Nope

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?the fact that it all jewish people wrote it.

Because life origins are not observable, verifiable, or falsifiable, how does the theory of "evolution" amount to anything more than just another faith system?But creation also has not been observed. That said we are on the same boat except your whole story rides on the creation. ther eis no more story but that. We can pinpoint genetic mutations that allowed for evolution.

What do you make of all the anthropological studies indicating that even the most remote tribes show some sort of theological awareness?You mean a belief in a superman. Society must start with a god, it just doesn't need one after it grows up. 

If every effect has a cause, then what or who caused the universe?You don't believe it yourself, or else what about god? As for the universe... We don't know yet.

How do you explain the thousands of people who have experienced heaven or hell and have come back to tell us about it?How do you explain that everyone has their own experience of god heaven and hell?

How do you explain the countless people who have received miracles from God?How do you explain other gods making miracles come true?

Is there any evidence that would satisfy you and persuade you to become a believer, or are you just going to believe what you WANT to believe?
Actually a lot. Find the Ark of the covenant and do test on it, Have god send down his own fire for a burt sacrafice. Any deed he did in the bible, if he would do it today then It sure would help. I do want to believe... Being a christian is a lot easier.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
Again, you have failed each question! Miracles are done every day...you need only to open your eyes. There were countless eyewitnesses who saw Jesus before and after the resurrection! Hundreds of Bible prophecies have come to fruition. "Animals have personality" Where did it come from?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »
 Find the Ark of the covenant and do test on it, Have god send down his own fire for a burt(burnt) sacrafice(sacrifice) suggesting nonsensical experiments?? just stupid

You don't want to believe, you just want to ridicule! believing in God is easy, ridiculing God and christianity is the coward's way out!

if being a christian is a lot easier, why aren't you one??

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 01:25:57 AM »
If I claimed an all seeing invisible man told me what to do, They would examined me to be sure I wasn't dangerous.
But most religions are based on that which can't be seen or measured.
Most of them believe, if you don't believe as they do, you are doomed.
Many Religions want to control governments, armies, militias and terrorist organizations.

"A question for Atheists"
Which Religion will get enough power to control everything first.
And what will they do to those that don't agree.
The problems in the middle east are a good example of religions gone wild.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 02:53:18 AM »
most science is based on what can't be seen or measured.

it is perfectly logical to believe God created all.

which religions want to control governments, armies, militias and terrorist organizations. ?

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 04:43:47 AM »
Again, you have failed each question! Miracles are done every day...you need only to open your eyes. There were countless eyewitnesses who saw Jesus before and after the resurrection! Hundreds of Bible prophecies have come to fruition. "Animals have personality" Where did it come from?
I failed each question, really, how? If miracles are done every day show me just one. In Fact I will sell everything I own and give to the first person to show a real one. It can not be repeatable by science. This seems simple enough.
The only proof of the prophecies coming true in the bible is because the bible says it happened.
Animals personality evolved to better survive. Look at each branch of life, Mammals have the most complex, the reptiles, Amphibians, Fish... ECT It's almost like you could graph the growth of personalities of the development of brains, seeing a pattern of more complex brains becoming more personality impressive... Almost like evolution.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »

Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors.

(The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!

God is not the only one, however, who uses forecasts of future events to get people's attention. Satan does, too. Through clairvoyants (such as Jeanne Dixon and Edgar Cayce), mediums, spiritists, and others, come remarkable predictions, though rarely with more than about 60 percent accuracy, never with total accuracy. Messages from Satan, furthermore, fail to match the detail of Bible prophecies, nor do they include a call to repentance.

The acid test for identifying a prophet of God is recorded by Moses in Deuteronomy 18:21-22. According to this Bible passage (and others), God's prophets, as distinct from Satan's spokesmen, are 100 percent accurate in their predictions. There is no room for error.

As economy does not permit an explanation of all the Biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled, what follows in a discussion of a few that exemplify the high degree of specificity, the range of projection, and/or the "supernature" of the predicted events. Readers are encouraged to select others, as well, and to carefully examine their historicity.

(1) Some time before 500 B.C. the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26). He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem. Abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ. The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued by Persia's King Artaxerxes to the Hebrew priest Ezra in 458 B.C., 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee. (Remember that due to calendar changes, the date for the start of Christ's ministry is set by most historians at about 26 A.D. Also note that from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. is just one year.) Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in 70 A.D. came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)*

(2) In approximately 700 B.C. the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel's Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)

(3) In the fifth century B.C. a prophet named Zechariah declared that the Messiah would be betrayed for the price of a slave—thirty pieces of silver, according to Jewish law-and also that this money would be used to buy a burial ground for Jerusalem's poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13). Bible writers and secular historians both record thirty pieces of silver as the sum paid to Judas Iscariot for betraying Jesus, and they indicate that the money went to purchase a "potter's field," used—just as predicted—for the burial of poor aliens (Matthew 27:3-10).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1011.)

(4) Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah's death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion (Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10). Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1013.)

(5) The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1015.)

(6) Mighty Babylon, 196 miles square, was enclosed not only by a moat, but also by a double wall 330 feet high, each part 90 feet thick. It was said by unanimous popular opinion to be indestructible, yet two Bible prophets declared its doom. These prophets further claimed that the ruins would be avoided by travelers, that the city would never again be inhabited, and that its stones would not even be moved for use as building material (Isaiah 13:17-22 and Jeremiah 51:26, 43). Their description is, in fact, the well-documented history of the famous citadel.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 109.)

(7) The exact location and construction sequence of Jerusalem's nine suburbs was predicted by Jeremiah about 2600 years ago. He referred to the time of this building project as "the last days," that is, the time period of Israel's second rebirth as a nation in the land of Palestine (Jeremiah 31:38-40). This rebirth became history in 1948, and the construction of the nine suburbs has gone forward precisely in the locations and in the sequence predicted.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1018.)

(8) The prophet Moses foretold (with some additions by Jeremiah and Jesus) that the ancient Jewish nation would be conquered twice and that the people would be carried off as slaves each time, first by the Babylonians (for a period of 70 years), and then by a fourth world kingdom (which we know as Rome). The second conqueror, Moses said, would take the Jews captive to Egypt in ships, selling them or giving them away as slaves to all parts of the world. Both of these predictions were fulfilled to the letter, the first in 607 B.C. and the second in 70 A.D. God's spokesmen said, further, that the Jews would remain scattered throughout the entire world for many generations, but without becoming assimilated by the peoples or of other nations, and that the Jews would one day return to the land of Palestine to re-establish for a second time their nation (Deuteronomy 29; Isaiah 11:11-13; Jeremiah 25:11; Hosea 3:4-5 and Luke 21:23-24).

This prophetic statement sweeps across 3500 years of history to its complete fulfillment—in our lifetime.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 120.)

(9) Jeremiah predicted that despite its fertility and despite the accessibility of its water supply, the land of Edom (today a part of Jordan) would become a barren, uninhabited wasteland (Jeremiah 49:15-20; Ezekiel 25:12-14). His description accurately tells the history of that now bleak region.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)

(10) Joshua prophesied that Jericho would be rebuilt by one man. He also said that the man's eldest son would die when the reconstruction began and that his youngest son would die when the work reached completion (Joshua 6:26). About five centuries later this prophecy found its fulfillment in the life and family of a man named Hiel (1 Kings 16:33-34).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 107).

(11) The day of Elijah's supernatural departure from Earth was predicted unanimously—and accurately, according to the eye-witness account—by a group of fifty prophets (2 Kings 2:3-11).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 109).

(12) Jahaziel prophesied that King Jehoshaphat and a tiny band of men would defeat an enormous, well-equipped, well-trained army without even having to fight. Just as predicted, the King and his troops stood looking on as their foes were supernaturally destroyed to the last man (2 Chronicles 20).

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 108).

(13) One prophet of God (unnamed, but probably Shemiah) said that a future king of Judah, named Josiah, would take the bones of all the occultic priests (priests of the "high places") of Israel's King Jeroboam and burn them on Jeroboam's altar (1 Kings 13:2 and 2 Kings 23:15-18). This event occurred approximately 300 years after it was foretold.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1013).

Since these thirteen prophecies cover mostly separate and independent events, the probability of chance occurrence for all thirteen is about 1 in 10138 (138 equals the sum of all the exponents of 10 in the probability estimates above). For the sake of putting the figure into perspective, this probability can be compared to the statistical chance that the second law of thermodynamics will be reversed in a given situation (for example, that a gasoline engine will refrigerate itself during its combustion cycle or that heat will flow from a cold body to a hot body)—that chance = 1 in 1080. Stating it simply, based on these thirteen prophecies alone, the Bible record may be said to be vastly more reliable than the second law of thermodynamics. Each reader should feel free to make his own reasonable estimates of probability for the chance fulfillment of the prophecies cited here. In any case, the probabilities deduced still will be absurdly remote.

Given that the Bible proves so reliable a document, there is every reason to expect that the remaining 500 prophecies, those slated for the "time of the end," also will be fulfilled to the last letter. Who can afford to ignore these coming events, much less miss out on the immeasurable blessings offered to anyone and everyone who submits to the control of the Bible's author, Jesus Christ? Would a reasonable person take lightly God's warning of judgment for those who reject what they know to be true about Jesus Christ and the Bible, or who reject Jesus' claim on their lives?

*The estimates of probability included herein come from a group of secular research scientists. As an example of their method of estimation, consider their calculations for this first prophecy cited:
•Since the Messiah's ministry could conceivably begin in any one of about 5000 years, there is, then, one chance in about 5000 that his ministry could begin in 26 A.D.
•Since the Messiah is God in human form, the possibility of his being killed  is considerably low, say less than one chance in 10.
•Relative to the second destruction of Jerusalem, this execution has roughly an even chance of occurring before or after that event, that is, one chance in 2.

Hence, the probability of chance fulfillment for this prophecy is 1 in 5000 x 10 x 2, which is 1 in 100,000, or 1 in 105.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »
so much for wanting to believe in God.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 02:33:24 AM »
If having religion in control is such a good idea.
Were are the good examples?