Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Questions for Atheists  (Read 23418 times)

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atheists
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

"Cause(because) the bible is not a good enough answer. Cause(because) you can't think of any way else it could happen is not proof. These are logical fallacies. (Circular reasoning and arguing from ignorance.)"

no answer is good enough for you
Than one without evidence... Yes. I would rather not know then believe something that has no evidence for it.
! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL you refuse to believe truth and logic, only your fairy tales that are unproven theories!
Dude every religion that dies becomes a fairy tale. Science will always exist, but your god and religion is on the downswing already.

I am not making fun of somebody's child. prove it!
I don't have to, everyone already remembers you calling a toddler a bastard for no reason.

at least we agree my "insults" point out the obvious! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Yes that you obviously are to dumb to actually debate.

you are delusional. you are a pathological liar! your lies have been proven many times. you think denying them makes them go away?? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Where is one of my lies, I am not denying... I am asking for proof.

nope, engineering got the rocket up there!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Oh god, where do you think engineering came from. Engineers build from what science finds.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
Wow.. One thing I will say it evolution was named a theory when it was a theory, it has been proven in court.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2014, 02:37:01 AM »
your son IS a bastard. that is the term for an illegitimate child. a child born out of wedlock. look it up! you are the cause of it, not your son. look up the word "bastard" or do I have to do it for you again?

I don't have to debate when you agree with me! LOL LOL LOL LOL

You are crying out to God???????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

yes , engineers build on FACTS. A person has an idea(theory) does research, comes up with a conclusion that is a fact based on evidence( not computer models).

none of the creation "theories" have been proven as facts? the experimentation continues. still no facts!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2014, 02:43:42 AM »
why is it still called the "theory of evolution or the evolution theory.

a synonym for evolution is change. many things change  over time form age, environment, diet...etc. cars change, computers change...

but dna doesn't change ,we did not "evolve" from a single cell. species do not change into a new species.

yeah, the courts are  reliable proof!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:27 AM »
your son IS a bastard.
And it was a tangent not having to do with the topic. You used it because you wanted to cause anger. You had no other reason then to hurt... Because you knew you could not win with your arguement.
that is the term for an illegitimate child. a child born out of wedlock. look it up! you are the cause of it, not your son. look up the word "bastard" or do I have to do it for you again?
Look you homo Sapien Sapien. Why don't you just maskate a huge tube steak and shut up.

Glad we agree that you can't win.

No I used the lower case g, idiot. I was crying out to the FSM. (Because you don't understand that it was a cry of how stupid people are.

yes , engineers build on FACTS. A person has an idea(theoryHypothises) does research, comes up with a conclusion that is a fact based on evidence( not computer models)And call it a scientific theory.
FTFY

none of the creation "theories" have been proven as facts? the experimentation continues. still no facts!
None of the religions have, but the big bang has left evidence behind. We have the smoking gun. Still waiting for the back ground speech record. Why can't we find any radio waves that say let there be light out at the birth of the universe.
Because you don't understand what a theory is. A theory is a Scientific law. While it may not be complete, it is accurate to determine how the universe works on a field that we are looking at. (Musical theory, Mathmatical theory, Cooking Theory.... Herp derp to you.

a synonym for evolution is change. many things change  over time form age, environment, diet...etc. cars change, computers change...

but dna doesn't change
It changes all the time. Ever heard of mutations?
,we did not "evolve" from a single cell
Well not all at once we didn't but we all started as a single cell. That isn't even a question, it has been observed.
. species do not change into a new species.
All the time, dude. There are even dogs that could be counted as new species as they no longer can breed with wolves. (Mostly the pet poodles ect variety)

Glad you agree.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2014, 07:28:56 PM »

but dna doesn't change ,we did not "evolve" from a single cell. species do not change into a new species.

YOu call it that not me.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
your son IS a bastard. that is the term for an illegitimate child. a child born out of wedlock. look it up! you are the cause of it, not your son. look up the word "bastard" or do I have to do it for you again?

yes , engineers build on FACTS. A person has an idea(theory) does research, comes up with a conclusion that is a fact based on evidence( not computer models).

How do you know your dad is your dad? Did you have a blood test?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »

More proof than your book some guys wrote you are sure is true.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
simple logic proves the bible yet the most complicated scientific study still can't prove evolution, bbt, etc...

it is common to refer to evolution as "the theory" of evolution. it isn't refered to as the facts of evolution!

A blood test wasn't necessary for a legitimate birth!

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »

Jesus Christ was born from Marry.
Joseph was the husband of Marry.
God was the father of Jesus, not Joseph.
Joseph was  cuckolded  by God
Jesus was a bastard.

Pick another religion.
We can take a close look at it.
Then use logic to tear it apart.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:13 AM »
Jesus was born of Marry(mary)
Joseph was the husband of Marry(Mary)

Joseph and Mary were married when Jesus was born. Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit. Read Matt. 1: 18

you can degrade the birth of Jesus all you want shady, but the fact is Joseph and Mary were married when He was born. Jesus was not born a bastard, unlike others.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2014, 05:06:39 AM »
Jesus was born of Marry(mary)
Joseph was the husband of Marry(Mary)

Joseph and Mary were married when Jesus was born. Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit. Read Matt. 1: 18

you can degrade the birth of Jesus all you want shady, but the fact is Joseph and Mary were married when He was born. Jesus was not born a bastard, unlike others.
Doesn't matter, Jesus was not Josephs baby, and god never married Mary. Thus Jesus is a bastard child.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »
This stupid argument has went on for 14 years on my web page, nothings changed.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2014, 11:59:29 AM »
 Atheism is a Religion! Anyone with two brain cells can figure this out! The Supreme court has ruled it a religion! If your an atheist....you are simply following the wrong religion!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
Mark you are an idiot anyone who knows you knows that. I get tired of reading your stupid shit... Here is an article that fit you guys well..

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/america-dumbs-down/

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
Atheism is a Religion! Anyone with two brain cells can figure this out! The Supreme court has ruled it a religion! If your an atheist....you are simply following the wrong religion!
Lets look at that, what is a religion.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods (Nope we have a lack of belief in god or gods. We don't think they exist)

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods (No ceremonies or worship here.)

: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group (You might be right here, but that would mean that sports is also a religion and politics, card games, tabletop games and money, also the reason it is important is because there are people shoving there faith in our throats.)

So it looks like a fail here. Sorry Mark, maybe if you had only 2 brain cells you would believe it, but I have billions and can critically think about what I do.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:57 PM »
rationalize it all you want ebilly. joseph and mary were married when Jesus was born. He is not a bastard. your son? were you and the mother married when he was born? Nope, that makes him the bastard, although you called him a mistake!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
that  website is a bit short on facts!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
rationalize it all you want ebilly. joseph and mary were married when Jesus was born. He is not a bastard. your son? were you and the mother married when he was born? Nope, that makes him the bastard, although you called him a mistake!
So Mary was not a virgin and Joseph was the father. LOL great way to explain it away. Now not only is jesus not god but he isn't even god's son. I mean according to you if my ex married... Of course not, Jesus was an illegitimate child of Mary. Joseph did not matter, he was not the father. Rationallize that all you want. YOUR SAVIOR IS A BASTARD CHILD

The condition before the law, or the social status, of a child whose parents were not married to each other at the time of his or her birth.

(Jesus's parents were Mary and God, not Joseph... So either Joseph was the father or Jesus is a bastard child, and you are following a bastard religion... Or maybe we can just end the name calling)

The term nonmarital child is also used inter-changeably with illegitimate child.

English Common Law placed harsh penalties on an illegitimate child, denying the child inheritance and property rights.

(even more interesting is that Jesus had no rights to forgive sins as he had no inheritance (Similar to Abraham's first child.) Thus he broke a law (Sinned) to forgive sins. Thus not only had jesus no right to forgive sins (As a bastard and all) he also broke the law by using his estranged fathers powers. He had no rights to them. This is hilarious.)

Modern law has given the nonmarital child more rights but still differentiates between the marital and nonmarital status. In addition, a rising level of out-of-wedlock births in the United States has drawn the attention of politicians and policy makers.

that  website is a bit short on facts!
How so Fish. You are countering his claim, do it with evidence.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2014, 06:45:14 PM »
Trust me somewhere along the line of your grandpappys many of them were bastards, who gives a f**k?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:27 PM »
The supreme court has ruled it a religion, LOL.. Let's hear this one dummy? LOL. Stop believing what idiots write on message boards or fake news sites.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
The supreme court has ruled it a religion, LOL.. Let's hear this one dummy? LOL. Stop believing what idiots write on message boards or fake news sites.

Atheism is a Religion Says US Supreme Court
December 01, 2009 10:07 AM EST (Updated: December 01, 2009 10:44 AM EST)
views: 4115 | 1 person recommends this | comments: 176
Up until yesterday, I had been totally unaware that there was a case adjudicated in 2005 in Wisconsin, Kaufman v. McCaughtry. This case involved an Atheist inmate who filed a grievance as a result of being denied to form a study group for Atheists in his prison on the grounds that his First Amendment rights were thwarted by denial to form the group by the prison authorities. In order to understand how this was adjudicated, we need to know exactly what  the First Amendment regarding religion says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

This amendment has two clauses. The first clause is referred to as the establishment clause, as you see the word establishment used in the first clause of the sentence that creates the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the US. The second clause is referred to as the free exercise clause, as you see the phrase free exercise noted in the second clause. This is the law that judges use to determine cases where freedom of religion is an issue. They interpret the law according to the evidence of the case that is under consideration. Whatever they decide sets precedence, a rule of thumb, so to speak, or a preceding condition of judgment that determines the way subsequent or following cases will be interpreted.

When this atheist plaintiff’s case was presented to the lower court, it was thrown out of court because the prisoner was asking to form a group that was not based on religious beliefs, but was considered by prison officials to be a request to form a non-religious group that was considered to be an activity group. At the time of his request, the prison authorities, defendants in the case, said that no other activity groups were permitted to be formed at that time, so the denial of his request by the prison officials was considered legitimate. The plaintiff himself did not see his atheism as any more than really just an opposition to religion so there had been no violation of either his right to establish the group or to exercise any religious belief.

The atheist was still not satisfied, so he appealed the case. When the case was brought before the higher court, it was further considered, that although the prison officials did not deem atheism a religion, perhaps it should have been considered a religion because it was a group that was "religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being." The case, therefore, was finally judged by the State Supreme Court as not being in violation of free exercise because the atheist would still be able to practice his atheism whether or not he was allowed to form the group, however, his right to establishment of that group that was religious in nature was denied, and thus a violation of his First Amendment rights. This case sets precedence that atheism is considered a religion by the United States Supreme Court.

This ruling raises a lot of issues and some questions. One of the questions that immediately comes to mind is that if the Supreme Court has declared Atheism to be a religion, then why are atheistic philosophies like Darwinism, whether taught in science class or not, still an atheist philosophy, allowed to be propagated in schools without also the creationist aspect of religion also allowed in the curriculum? It seems to me that atheists are being allowed to establish and practice their religion in their secularist and humanist curriculum in our public schools without allowing either the establishment or free exercise of any other religion but their own. They seem to be able to do this because they claim theirs isn’t a religion, but the Supreme Court has declared that it is.
Another article!

LAW OF THE LAND

Court rules atheism a religion

Decides 1st Amendment protects prison inmate's right to start study group

Published: 08/20/2005 at 1:00 AM

Printer Friendly

Text smaller

Text bigger

A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday Wisconsin prison officials violated an inmate’s rights because they did not treat atheism as a religion.

“Atheism is [the inmate's] religion, and the group that he wanted to start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being,” the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said.

The court decided the inmate’s First Amendment rights were violated because the prison refused to allow him to create a study group for atheists.

Brian Fahling, senior trial attorney for the American Family Association Center for Law & Policy, called the court’s ruling “a sort of Alice in Wonderland jurisprudence.”

“Up is down, and atheism, the antithesis of religion, is religion,” said Fahling.

The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described “secular humanism” as a religion.

Fahling said today’s ruling was “further evidence of the incoherence of Establishment Clause jurisprudence.”

“It is difficult not to be somewhat jaundiced about our courts when they take clauses especially designed to protect religion from the state and turn them on their head by giving protective cover to a belief system, that, by every known definition other than the courts’ is not a religion, while simultaneously declaring public expressions of true religious faith to be prohibited,” Fahling said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/#TLiRuqqFdb2MPBG1.99

~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »
Lets look at that, what is a religion.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods (Nope we have a lack of belief in god or gods. We don't think they exist)

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods (No ceremonies or worship here.)

: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group (You might be right here, but that would mean that sports is also a religion and politics, card games, tabletop games and money, also the reason it is important is because there are people shoving there faith in our throats.)

So it looks like a fail here. Sorry Mark, maybe if you had only 2 brain cells you would believe it, but I have billions and can critically think about what I do.

Atheism is a religion too! For a theist there’s nothing quite like watching an atheist get an intellectual walloping from a preacher. There’s just something apocalyptic about it, and it most easily occurs when the atheist tries to chop up religion to irrelevancy without realizing that he is himself awfully religious.

It happened again recently at the Cambridge Union debating society when former Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams took on the best known name in contemporary atheism, Richard Dawkins. They were debating whether religion has a role in the 21st century.

Dawkins said it didn’t.

Williams said it did.

Everyone needs and everyone has a “God.” That’s why we’re so religious.

In the end, Williams was handed a decidedly strong victory with more than two times as many votes from the audience as the infamous atheist, Dawkins. It was a triumphant day for the faithful and a shameful one for the irreligious.

But actually no one really is irreligious.

This world beats to the rhythm of religion in a thousand ways, and absolutely everyone is religious -- including atheists.

Religion certainly includes an idea of a God under whom man is inherently subservient, but religion also governs the belief system undergirding the way people think about, and live, their lives.

It tells them who their authority is and it informs their values and behavior. It gives them their sense of morality and goodwill, and it guides them in the way they treat themselves and others. Religion does nothing less than construct one’s view of the world.

Atheists are, in fact, some of the most religious people.

First, they have a functioning God under whom they are subservient (normally it’s science or rationality, but mainly themselves), and that idea of God informs the way they live and interpret their lives. It informs their biases and determines their values, and governs any sense of morality or ethics they adhere too, or ignore.

Once that’s all settled all that’s left is the preaching.

And they preach all the time.

This new breed of atheists is obsessed with the idea of God. They write books, deliver speeches, comment-bomb the evangelical blogosphere and generally rant on ad nauseam about the ills of believing in God.

Honestly – comically – some atheists must type the word “God” on the Internet five times more often than most Christians I know and they do it with the fury of a fire-and-brimstone zealot!

Maybe no one invokes the name of “God” more than they, and they are doing so in more and more virulent ways such as the shocking moment when Dr. Dawkins recently told Al-Jazeera television that he believed being raised Catholic was in itself even more psychologically damaging than being abused by a priest!

Instead of just ignoring God, or the idea of God, atheist preachers feel somehow compelled to rid the Earth of him; so they argue endlessly that theists can’t prove God exists without confessing that they can’t prove he doesn’t either.

Occasionally, some of them discover that they do indeed worship a God, but it is an insufficient one.

They worship a God that loses his car keys when they are in his hand, or that misplaces the glasses on his face – a God filled with flaws and inadequacies, and a God (themselves) whose probability of helping them supernaturally is absolutely zero.

Everyone needs and everyone has a “God.” That’s why we’re so religious.

It’s a matter of which religion is yours.

One of the nice things about the Christian God is that he seems to be as concerned about those that do not believe as those who do.

Or as one skeptic-turned-believer has said of the Him, “a young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. There are traps everywhere – God is, if I may say it, very unscrupulous.”

He knew it well.

For C.S. Lewis, the iconic British scholar, was himself a convert from the religion of the atheism to the religion of Christianity because, as he later said: “atheism turns out to be too simple.”

Oddly enough, atheists often accuse theists of being the simple ones. We are “anti-intellectual,” they say, and in so doing they become exactly what they accuse us of being.

It must be an unfortunate plight to be both anti-intellectual and religious!

God help them.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »
Atheism is a Religion Says US Supreme Court
December 01, 2009 10:07 AM EST (Updated: December 01, 2009 10:44 AM EST)
views: 4115 | 1 person recommends this | comments: 176
Up until yesterday, I had been totally unaware that there was a case adjudicated in 2005 in Wisconsin, Kaufman v. McCaughtry. This case involved an Atheist inmate who filed a grievance as a result of being denied to form a study group for Atheists in his prison on the grounds that his First Amendment rights were thwarted by denial to form the group by the prison authorities. In order to understand how this was adjudicated, we need to know exactly what  the First Amendment regarding religion says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

This amendment has two clauses. The first clause is referred to as the establishment clause, as you see the word establishment used in the first clause of the sentence that creates the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the US. The second clause is referred to as the free exercise clause, as you see the phrase free exercise noted in the second clause. This is the law that judges use to determine cases where freedom of religion is an issue. They interpret the law according to the evidence of the case that is under consideration. Whatever they decide sets precedence, a rule of thumb, so to speak, or a preceding condition of judgment that determines the way subsequent or following cases will be interpreted.

When this atheist plaintiff’s case was presented to the lower court, it was thrown out of court because the prisoner was asking to form a group that was not based on religious beliefs, but was considered by prison officials to be a request to form a non-religious group that was considered to be an activity group. At the time of his request, the prison authorities, defendants in the case, said that no other activity groups were permitted to be formed at that time, so the denial of his request by the prison officials was considered legitimate. The plaintiff himself did not see his atheism as any more than really just an opposition to religion so there had been no violation of either his right to establish the group or to exercise any religious belief.

The atheist was still not satisfied, so he appealed the case. When the case was brought before the higher court, it was further considered, that although the prison officials did not deem atheism a religion, perhaps it should have been considered a religion because it was a group that was "religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in a supreme being." The case, therefore, was finally judged by the State Supreme Court as not being in violation of free exercise because the atheist would still be able to practice his atheism whether or not he was allowed to form the group, however, his right to establishment of that group that was religious in nature was denied, and thus a violation of his First Amendment rights. This case sets precedence that atheism is considered a religion by the United States Supreme Court.

This ruling raises a lot of issues and some questions. One of the questions that immediately comes to mind is that if the Supreme Court has declared Atheism to be a religion, then why are atheistic philosophies like Darwinism, whether taught in science class or not, still an atheist philosophy, allowed to be propagated in schools without also the creationist aspect of religion also allowed in the curriculum? It seems to me that atheists are being allowed to establish and practice their religion in their secularist and humanist curriculum in our public schools without allowing either the establishment or free exercise of any other religion but their own. They seem to be able to do this because they claim theirs isn’t a religion, but the Supreme Court has declared that it is. What’s wrong with this picture?

You should read your cut n pastes.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
What piece of crap message board did you get this from? Why do you believe what idiots write about religion and not what smart people write about atheism?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
One guys version of what he thinks the supreme court said is not a fact. Just like nothing you write are facts.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2014, 07:37:23 PM »
What piece of crap message board did you get this from? Why do you believe what idiots write about religion and not what smart people write about atheism?
Kinda figured you would blame the source so I added a second source! Look it up for yourself brainless!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
Atheists consistently attempt to take the higher ground by pointing fingers of accusation at theists and accusing theists of committing all sorts of human rights violations in the name of "cultish religions," as they are fond of putting it. According to atheists, it is the belief in God that has caused people to commit the various atrocities common to mankind. Remove religion, belief in God, and belief in the Bible, etc.--the atheists argue--and the world will be a better place. This latter conclusion is mortally flawed for the following reasons:

1. Atheists have committed human rights violations en masse throughout history. For instance, Joseph Stalin--the atheist--ordered the deaths of between 40 million to 62 million people (20 million of which were everyday Soviet civilians), compared to the 6 million killed by Adolph Hitler the Roman Catholic "Christian."

In other words, the problem is not the Bible or God. The problem is people, including those in false religions which have failed to teach the masses Biblical truths. An appreciation for Biblical truths and  standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations. Blaming God for the crimes of false Christians is an attempt at passing the buck.

"See! This only I have found, that the true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans." (Ecclesiastes 7:29)

"They have acted ruinously on their own part; they are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!" (Deuteronomy 32:5)

2. Atheism is itself a religion aka a cult. While atheist will argue that they don't believe in any god, the issue is not merely non-belief in God or gods but in having ANY sort of belief system. The belief system of atheism is centered around the philosophy of "secular-humanism."

3. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin federal court ruling as well as the U.S. Supreme Court—the highest court in the land.
~Teilhard de Chardin