Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Questions for Atheists  (Read 23446 times)

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atheists
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

No water in space? I figured a seasoned scientist would know this?
Never said there was no water, I said in space there is no liquid water.

Jupiter’s icy moon Europa squirts water like a squishy bath toy when it’s squeezed by the gas giant’s gravity, scientists say.
And that is a planet/moon correct, not the vacuum of space?
Using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, they caught two 124-mile-tall geysers of water vapor spewing out over seven hours from near its south pole.

The discovery, described in the journal Science and at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco, shows that Europa is still geophysically active – and that this world in our own solar system could hold an environment friendly to life.

"It’s exciting," said Lorenz Roth, a planetary scientist at the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio and one of the study’s lead authors. "The results are actually more convincing than I would have thought before."

Europa isn’t the only squirty moon in our planetary system: Saturn’s moon Enceladus has also been caught shooting water out of its south pole in so-called tiger stripes. These pretty plumes are caused by tidal forces. Just as our moon’s gravity squeezes and stretches the Earth a bit, causing the oceans to rise and fall, Saturn’s massive gravitational pull squeezes and stretches its tiny moon, causing cracks on its icy surface to open and allowing water to shoot out.

Scientists have long wondered whether something similar was happening on Jupiter’s moon Europa. After all, its surface is about 65 million years old, which is extremely young by our solar system’s standards, little more than 1.5% of the solar system’s age. This should mean that some geophysical processes must be constantly renewing the surface.

But over several decades, researchers repeatedly failed to catch the moon in action, said Robert Pappalardo, a Jet Propulsion Laboratory planetary scientist who was not involved in the study.

When the Voyager spacecraft, launched in 1977, flew by Europa, it caught a tiny blip on the moon's edge that people thought might be a plume, but it could not be confirmed. Then the 1989 Galileo spacecraft saw a potential plume of its own. But this turned out to be digital residue, traces of a previous image, Pappalardo said.

Even Hubble probably wasn’t able to properly see such plumes until space shuttle astronauts on the very last servicing mission for the iconic space telescope in 2009 fixed one of its cameras. Even now, looking for water vapor in the ultraviolet wavelengths of light tests the limits of Hubble’s abilities, scientists said.

To catch Europa in the act, the researchers also knew they had to time their observations right. Saturn's icy moon, Enceladus, shoots water near the farthest point in its orbit from Saturn, when the tidal forces cause cracks at the moon’s south pole to open. Around Jupiter, Europa was probably doing the same thing.

Sure enough, when the scientists looked at Europa when it was close to Jupiter in its orbit, they saw nothing. But in December 2012, when the ice moon was at its farthest point from the gas giant, they caught a pair of plumes bearing clear signs of oxygen and hydrogen – the components of water vapor – shooting from near the southern pole.

Scientists can’t say exactly where the plumes are coming from. It could be that they’re going directly from solid ice to gas, as Europa’s ice sheets rub against each other. But it could also be that the these plumes of vapor may be coming from the ocean of liquid water thought to lie under the moon’s frozen surface.

If the moon is still geophysically active, that could make it a prime environment for life.

Another study out of this week’s American Geophysical Union meeting found signs of clays on Europa’s surface. Clays are often associated with organic matter, which is why NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity is headed to Mt. Sharp, whose clay-rich layers could hold signs of life-friendly environments.

Those clays were probably brought to Europa by comets or asteroids, and if such material was able to make it into Europa’s subsurface ocean, it could provide the nutrient-rich soup that could allow life to emerge.

"We’re trying to understand, could this be a habitable environment today? Could there be life there today?" Pappalardo said. "At Europa, it seems the processes that could permit habitability may be going on now."

Perhaps future studies can analyze all the contents of that watery plume and see if there are any signs of organic matter, Pappalardo said. Perhaps a future mission to Europa could fly through the plume and directly sample its contents.

For now, it’s important to replicate the results, he added.

"I will sleep better knowing that there are follow-up observations that confirm it," Pappalardo said.

[For the Record, 3:53 p.m. PST Dec. 13: An earlier version of this post in one instance referred to Europa as a planet. It is a moon.]

ALSO:

Saturn's icy moon Enceladus squirts water from 'tiger stripes'

Harrowing: Italian astronaut describes nearly drowning in space

Mars and your sweaty armpits may have something in common

Eureka! NASA's Curiosity rover finds ancient, life-friendly lake on Mars

Scary smart! Alligators and crocodiles use sticks to lure birds

Email

FEATURED

Death of Scott Sterling, son of Clippers owner, ruled accidental

Bree Walker talks about her sobriety, her arrest, and that mug shot

How not to say the wrong thing

MORE:

Mayor feels a `sense of failure' in marital split

Seizure Led to FloJo's Death

His 104 scores make his case

Brutal Murder by Teen-Age Girls Adds to Britons' Shock
And how does this prove anything. I stated in outer space, not on planetoids/moons. Of course there are planets with liquid water, we live on one. Now how about proof of liquid water in SPACE, Not on a planet, not in a spacecraft, IN SPACE.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »
there is no way the authors of the book could possess the knowledge of what they wrote.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Bible proves the bible is true. LOL

still can't show your notes , studies, peer reviews on any work(?) you did on any scientific experiment?????

but you want me to prove my statements? LOL LOL LOL LOL what a hypocrite!

"There would be no way to know that. If the bible is the ravings of a madman or the word of god, how could anyone ever know?"

so you were lying when you said you know the bible inside out? every chapter , every verse? not a surprise! LOL LOL LOL LOL
So no proof, just your a liar response. Prove the bible is not a lie without using just the bible. Prove that the writers were not the biggest liars on earth.

show your notes, studies and peer review of your published work on the electromagnetic theory! theories are not facts, but show YOUR work on the subject!
I put water in a freezer, it froze at 32 degrees F. I put Water in the fridge, it froze at 32 degrees F. My brother put water in a freezer in Colorado. It froze at 32 degrees F. Are you really questioning what temp water freezes at? I also sucked out the air in a glass jar. As the PSI went down, so did the temp. This you can try for yourself.

all water freezes at 32 degrees anywhere on earth?

meteors are ice? explain meteorites found on earth!
Rub your hands together fast, feel the heat, its called friction. Now notice that air is made out of atoms. Imagine rubbing your hands at 45 meters per second per second. You can imagine that the water does a thing called evaporate.

you are a pathological liar
That is quite a charge. We can disagree but calling me a liar is just rude.
, you just can't stop. when challenged to prove your statements with notes, studies, peer reviews of your work to support your statements, you  change directions! what a coward!
I have sent notes and you ignore them. You have yet to give one piece of evidence.

healed amputee? maybe look up the wounded warrior ? military vets that lost arms and legs and now have arms and legs. they were healed by the knowledge God gave to drs and engineers. not the same as a miracle of God healing an amputee? I think they would disagree.
No we dug that knowledge out with our bare hands not god phasing it into our brains.

http://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2008-02/prosthetics-va-past-present-and-future

the civilian world has also had prosthetics for yrs!
of course you didn't break a sweat! you can't prove any of your statements, it is easier to lie!!LOL LOL LOL

hang it up. you are a lost cause that can't prove any of your statements but want everyone else to prove theirs. a hypocrite and a pathological liar!LOL LOL LOL what a combo!LOL LOL LOL LOL
Wow, when you can't win, insult. I think it is easy to tell that you have nothing to add. But please if you continue one piece of evidence, just one for god.

Water in Space: What Happens?
Posted by Ethan on June 29, 2009
(33)
  Share on email More »
The Earth is one of those extremely rare, special places in the Universe where water can exist, stably, as a liquid. So much of it exists here on Earth, that if you were to add up all the oceans on Earth together, it would weigh more than 10^18 tonnes, more massive than the biggest asteroid ever, and about as massive as Pluto’s giant moon, Charon.

But water only has a very small window in which it can be a liquid. For instance, if you took some warm water up to a very high elevation, it would start to boil, and become a gas! The higher up you took it, the lower and lower your boiling point would be.

Why? Because higher altitudes on Earth mean lower pressure. If there’s not enough force pressing the water into a liquid phase, then there’s no force binding the water molecules together. If you simply allow them to diffuse away, they will. And that’s the definition of a gas, which is what you’ll wind up with.

On the other hand, water has no business being a liquid at low temperatures, either. You can see — from this diagram below — that if you start with liquid water, you can turn it into a gas by lowering the pressure, but you can also turn it into a solid by lowering the temperature.

So my question is this:

If you took a glass of water into outer space, would the water freeze or would the water boil?

This is a question that seems awfully tough, because in addition to knowing about water:

We also need to know about outer space. Space is a lot of things: cold, dark, and empty come to mind right away. And they come to mind, pretty much, as soon as you leave the Earth.

Well, the temperature of space is, at its coldest, just the temperature of the leftover glow from the Big Bang. This radiation, known as the Cosmic Microwave Background, bathes the entire Universe in a temperature of only 2.7 Kelvin. That’s less than 3 degrees above absolute zero, or -455 degrees Fahrenheit! But there’s also — literally — no pressure in space. So, what happens? Who wins? Does the water freeze or boil?

Oddly enough, the answer is first one, and then the other! It turns out that having a pressure vacuum will cause the water to boil almost instantly. In other words, the effect of boiling is much, much faster than the effect of freezing.

But the story doesn’t end there. Once the water has boiled, we now have some isolated water molecules in a gaseous state, but a very, very cold environment! These tiny water vapor droplets now immediately freeze (or, technically, desublimate), and become ice crystals.

We’ve observed this before. According to astronaut observations, where they’ve observed their urine get expelled from the ship:

When the astronauts take a leak while on a mission and expel the result into space, it boils violently. The vapor then passes immediately into the solid state (a process known as desublimation), and you end up with a cloud of very fine crystals of frozen urine.

Sounds like it would be a fantastic thing to watch, doesn’t it? Well, we’ve done almost the same thing on Earth. What happens if you take boiling water and, on a very, very cold day, throw it up into the air?

The water finishes boiling and becomes a gas, the gas freezes (or desublimates), and ice crystals — a.k.a. snow — results! And that’s what happens to water in space. Oh, to be able to try this at home…

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
not insulting, stating facts. your posts prove you are a pathological liar. you refuse or can't prove your statements at the same level you demand others

putting water in a freezer! LOL LOL real big important experiment!!LOL LOL LOL was the freezer set at 32 degrees?

meteors become a solid as they are plummeting to earth???LOL LOL LOL they start out as ice and friction makes them a solid???LOL LOL LOL
ever see a meteorite????

rude????? you living in a glass house????? LOL LOL LOL LOL

the writers were writing what God told them to write, you read the bible(so you say) right????????????
 salt water freezes at 32 degrees?

you have sent notes??????LOL LOL LOL  where??? your responses did not contain your notes studies or peer reviewed published work!!!

you have to cut and paste someone's work????????LOL LOL LOL LOL can't put your notes, studies or peer reviews from your published work on here??????????LOL LOL LOL LOL what a surprise!!

hang it up. you are a lost cause that can't prove any of your statements but want everyone else to prove theirs LOL LOL LOL

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »
no more ignorant than you rick. we believe in different views on the creation of the universe. we weren't there when the universe was created we both trust and have faith in what we read and that it is accurate. the difference is your belief is based on man made experiments. man is fallible. computer models cannot even predict accurate weather forecasts, yet much of the data for the universe creation theories is based on computer models .

a person has to study and have a background of math, science and other disciplines to fully understand the scientific theories.

It only takes logic to understand the truth that the universe was created by a Creator. An illiterate person can do that as well as a scientist and those in between.

the bible has not been disproven .  theories have not been proven, not one. to believe in what has not been proven is ignorance. 
Who refered to any theory?  All you have is faith no proof of anything, besides the Romans created Jesus to calm the undereducated masses, and boy did it work..

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Sam Harris, Dawkins and Hitchens, listen to them, they are way over your head but might be able to clarify to you how insane believers are, try it chickens..

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 12:48:40 AM »
not insulting, stating facts. your posts prove you are a pathological liar. you refuse or can't prove your statements at the same level you demand others
You haven't given any evidence, none.

putting water in a freezer! LOL LOL real big important experiment!!LOL LOL LOL was the freezer set at 32 degrees?
There is a invention called a thermonitor. By looking at the samples every 30 min I could make notes. If froze in the 7visit it took 3 and a half hours the temp was 32 degrees and in a semi ice form.

meteors become a solid as they are plummeting to earth???LOL LOL LOL they start out as ice and friction makes them a solid???LOL LOL LOL
ever see a meteorite????
Meteors are made up of ice, rock, iron and Organic material. The water melts off and evaporates before it hits earth. Like those rocks covered in ice that hit you as a kid.

rude????? you living in a glass house????? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Projecting much. I know everything I accuse you of I do. Nothing is ever soley your fault. Get your own life dude and stop copying me then.

the writers were writing what God told them to write, you read the bible(so you say) right????????????
 salt water freezes at 32 degrees?
Is it regular water. NO. It's salt water and to know the temp I need to know how much salt is in the sample. That is why I said Water... Not that it matters as in space the water would boil away from the salt and then freeze.

you have sent notes??????LOL LOL LOL  where??? your responses did not contain your notes studies or peer reviewed published work!!!
I will sent the notes about water, in fact I will make a youtube video so you can watch water freeze if you do one thing. Give me a single piece of evidence that god exist.

you have to cut and paste someone's work
You asked for a paper, I tried to walk you through it. What the hell do you want. You want me to prove water will boil away and then freeze on earth. You have yet to even give a good reason out side the bible for god to exist.
????????LOL LOL LOL LOL can't put your notes, studies or peer reviews from your published work on here??????????LOL LOL LOL LOL what a surprise!!

hang it up. you are a lost cause that can't prove any of your statements but want everyone else to prove theirs LOL LOL LOL
Herp derp, not knowing how water freezes. How dumb are you. Does someone dress you in the morning. I am not joking, you asked me to prove that water freezes at 32 degrees F

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 01:02:46 AM »
 the Romans created Jesus to calm the undereducated masses??LOL LOL that's a new one!

truth and logic win again! LOL LOLO LOL

speakers against christianity and God,just like theories. one isn't proven, just come up with another.

How does he now why God created the universe? he puts the ass in assume! you Have to believe in God to get everlasting life? Nope, there is more to it than that. satan believes in God, what is his fate?

to have a career in politics you have to believe in the God people think is the the God of the bible?seen some of the congressmen lately, nobama certainly dispels that myth!

no evidence, just his opinion. that is all this youtube is. an overpaid pliosopher wannabe.

This youtube shows the power of God. when people(some educated) have to go to such lengths to try to disprove God, ridicule anyone that CHOOSES to follow God and His ways in the bible.

I have yet to see these type of people ridicule other religions. they are threatened for whatever reason by Christianity.

I love it! this youtube should be shown more often!!!

hitchens starts out describing muslim behaviors he doesn't agree with, he was against islam?.  Jehovah witnesses do not refuse medical treatment for their children, I don't scientologists do either

hitchens didn't understand history. the west bank was legally captured lands by Israel during the 1967 arab/Israeli war. Israel told Jordan if it stayed out of the war the west bank would be left alone. the yom kippur war was waged against Israel by Egypt, Syria, and Jordan to recapture those lands.
the spoils of war, remember? Israel was attacked, not the attacker.

but it's ok to fund the Syrian government and al queda with tax payer money??

I do believe church's should be taxed though.

there is historical proof of Jesus' existence.http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.4223639/k.567/Ancient_Evidence_for_Jesus_from_NonChristian_Sources.htm

thought crime??? LOL LOL hitchens certainly does not understand the teachings of Jesus. to covet goes beyond just wanting what someone else has. Jesus taught just thinking about adultery is breaking the 6th commandment, being pure in thought is what He was teaching. when a person wantsa what their neighbor or anyone else has, it does also lead to that person getting a job and working for it.

he has a bias and is matching HIs opinions to act as facts. he is truly delusional to believe what he is spouting. any average person reading the bible, whether they believe in God or could make short work of his statements. I don't think hitchins has actually read the bible, or at least past the old testament for content.

he makes it up as he goes! slavery is mandated??

he strays off talking about practices of other religions without stating Christianity does not practice the rituals of other religions, genital mutilation for one example. he rails against Christianity without stating it. he says "religion" as a general term , but it is clear where his bias lies.

hitchens  is fulfilling his ultimate purpose now! instead of spewing fertilizer, he is fertilizer!

this youtube should be shown often also.

he thinks mother Theresa is hell's angel????LOL LOL LOL LOL how many people did he help the way she did?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 01:25:17 AM »
"Ice cubes freeze at 32 degrees anywhere on earth. Space, being a vacuum is colder than 32 degrees. Thus water is ice in space...
Meteors come from space, meteors are made of ice. Water must exist as ice in space."

got caught in 2 lies here. salt water does not freeze at 32 degrees.
now you say meteors are made  up of ice, rock, iron and Organic material? LOL LOL LOL will the lying ever quit?????????????????

where did I say I didn't know how water freezes? Lying still!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I'm copying you?????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

look at the bastard(the one you called a mistake) you helped create, look in the mirror. you want to believe both of you evolved from apes?

I asked for YOUR notes, studies, peer reviews of YOUR work, not "a" paper
now lets see the notes , studies, peer reviews of your work; not a cut and paste of someone else's work

nope again, I asked if "all" water froze at 32 degrees. you claimed it did, you are repeating yourself ....again!LOL LOL LOL LOL

no God? no us. pretty simple to most!

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 01:40:13 AM »
"Ice cubes freeze at 32 degrees anywhere on earth. Space, being a vacuum is colder than 32 degrees. Thus water is ice in space...
Meteors come from space, meteors are made of ice. Water must exist as ice in space."

got caught in 2 lies here. salt water does not freeze at 32 degrees.
Nor did I ever say it did. I said water, meaning only Bihydro monoxide. Soda, antifreeze and oj also freeze at different temps.
now you say meteors are made  up of ice, rock, iron and Organic material? LOL LOL LOL will the lying ever quit?????????????????
Name where I said metors were only made of ice.

where did I say I didn't know how water freezes? Lying still!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
You want me to prove it, thus you don't believe water freezes at 32 degrees.

I'm copying you?????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

look at the bastard(the one you called a mistake) you helped create, look in the mirror. you want to believe both of you evolved from apes?
Again the insults, can't even debate right. Again where is that piece of evidence.

I asked for YOUR notes, studies, peer reviews of YOUR work, not "a" paper
now lets see the notes , studies, peer reviews of your work; not a cut and paste of someone else's work
Ok as soon as you provide a single piece on none peer reviewed, none tested, Idea that could even show that the god of the bible exist without using the bible as the proof.

nope again, I asked if "all" water froze at 32 degrees. you claimed it did, you are repeating yourself ....again!LOL LOL LOL LOL
All pure water freezes at 32 degrees, all you have to do is show one point where it does not.

no God? no us. pretty simple to most!
You can't even imagine a world without god, you truly are a idiot. not because you can't prove, but you can't even imagine a world without a god.

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »
there is historical proof of Jesus' existence.http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.4223639/k.567/Ancient_Evidence_for_Jesus_from_NonChristian_Sources.htm
Lets look at the evidence. Nero points to a Guy named Christus, I mean that isn't Jesus of Nazareth
Pliny the Younger was written 100 years later and only mentions the followers of Jesus.
Josephus is tampered with work, ever scholar agrees with this. How much is true, we may never know. Unfortunately we have to toss it all
 The Talmud was written between 70 and 200 ad, less than a year after 9-11 we have had a conspiracy theory about what happened. if in a high tech world we can be so confused how can we expect anything to survive legends 2000 years ago if it is 200 years after the event. Lacuin didn't even name jesus just they had a human leader.   

he thinks mother Theresa is hell's angel????LOL LOL LOL LOL how many people did he help the way she did?
I think if she was good she would have tried to ease the suffering of people instead of worshiping the pain.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:26 AM »
actually ice cubes are already frozen at 32 degrees. I gave you a pass that you meant water! LOL LOL none of those other liquids were mentioned! nice tap dance though!!!

try post #58- you posted:
Meteors come from space, meteors are made of ice. Water must exist as ice in space.

I asked if ALL water froze ate 32 degrees, not all PURE water! you sure are wrapped up in getting caught about something simple as water freezing! LOL LOL LOL LOL

no God no world. to try to imagine a world without God is an exercise in futility. whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not , God is!

the fact that there are so many posts on God, Jesus, the bible, Christianity, proves God exists, because try as they might, non believers can not get rid of that FACT! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Offline fish

• View Profile

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 03:09:33 AM »
maybe read about Mother Theresa before making stupid assumptions???????????????

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
"I also sucked out the air in a glass jar. As the PSI went down, so did the temp. This you can try for yourself." LOL Sorry ebilly no one sucks as good as you!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
No one can prove he does or does not exist, you won't ever get it because you are obviously slow.
some more video's of your God Rick!  http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=richard+dawkins+admits+god&qpvt=richard+dawkins+admits+God&FORM=VDRE
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
actually ice cubes are already frozen at 32 degrees. I gave you a pass that you meant water! LOL LOL none of those other liquids were mentioned! nice tap dance though!!!

try post #58- you posted:
Meteors come from space, meteors are made of ice. Water must exist as ice in space.

I asked if ALL water froze ate 32 degrees, not all PURE water! you sure are wrapped up in getting caught about something simple as water freezing! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Water can only exist in it's pure form in a vacuum. Asking anything else is a tangent. (Something you are very good at)

no God no world. to try to imagine a world without God is an exercise in futility. whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not , God is!
So that is it. There are none as blind... You can't even try to think of a way the earth could exist without the bible. I have never met anyone so brainwashed. I almost feel sorry for you.

the fact that there are so many posts on God, Jesus, the bible, Christianity, proves God exists, because try as they might, non believers can not get rid of that FACT! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Ok deal. Anything popular is real. Star Wars, harry potter, lord of the rings, People they all exist, because they are poppular. Also god didn't exist until 300 ad when christianity became the roman religion. 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2014, 01:44:23 AM »
the same could be said for you rick.

the atheists( anti-theists) and the Christians all believe the books they have read to be absolutely factual and true.
many atheists weren't there when the experiments scientists say proves the universe happened on it's own were conducted and aren't qualified to judge the validity of the experiments. they take it on blind faith that what they read and believe is true

Christians read the bible. we weren't there when the universe was created. we have never seen God. History confirms Jesus.

the difference between the atheists and Christians?

the atheists have faith in their beliefs and think they are correct

Christians have faith in their beliefs and know they are right

in the end what happens to the atheist when proven wrong? that the person was lied to all their life? they are banished to hell? nope, they will get one more chance during the judgment, and they will know they were wrong all along

in the end what happens to the Christians if proven wrong? nothing, no one will know.

The Christians have faith in God for everlasting life in His kingdom

a great quote, Albert Camus :
I would rather live my life believing there is a God and die to find out there isn't than live my life believing there isn't a God and die to find out there is

read Pascal's Wager. it is far deeper than the youtube clowns, harris,dawkins and hitchens .

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2014, 02:01:15 AM »
can't answer....again. no surprise. define "pure" water! not the chemical composition, examples.

"Ok deal. Anything popular is real. Star Wars, harry potter, lord of the rings, People they all exist, because they are popular(popular). Also god didn't exist until 300 ad when Christianity(Christianity) became the roman religion. 

well now we know your sources of wisdom! LOL LOL LOL LOL

God didn't exist until 300 ad??????????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

"So that is it. There are none as blind... You can't even try to think of a way the earth could exist without the bible. I have never met anyone so brainwashed. I almost feel sorry for you. "

the world exists because of God, not the bible!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »
1.How would you define atheism?
2.Do you act according to what you believe (there is no God) in or what you don't believe in (lack belief in God)?
3.Do you think it is inconsistent for someone who "lacks belief" in God to work against God's existence by attempting to show that God doesn't exist?
4.How sure are you that your atheism properly represents reality?
5.How sure are you that your atheism is correct?
6.How would you define what truth is?
7.Why do you believe your atheism is a justifiable position to hold?
8.Are you a materialist or a physicalist or what?
9.Do you affirm or deny that atheism is a worldview?  Why or why not?
10.Not all atheists are antagonistic to Christianity but for those of you who are, why the antagonism?
11.If you were at one time a believer in the Christian God, what caused you to deny his existence?
12.Do you believe the world would be better off without religion?
13.Do you believe the world would be better off without Christianity?
14.Do you believe that faith in a God or gods is a mental disorder?
15.Must God be known through the scientific method?
16.If you answered yes to the previous question, then how do you avoid a category mistake by requiring material evidence for an immaterial God?
17.Do we have any purpose as human beings?
18.If we do have purpose, can you as an atheist please explain how that purpose is determined?
19.Where does morality come from?
20.Are there moral absolutes?
21.If there are moral absolutes, could you list a few of them?
22.Do you believe there is such a thing as evil?  If so, what is it?
23.If you believe that the God of the Old Testament is morally bad, by what standard do you judge that he is bad?
24.What would it take for you to believe in God?
25.What would constitute sufficient evidence for God’s existence?
26.Must this evidence be rationally based, archaeological, testable in a lab, etc., or what?
27.Do you think that a society that is run by Christians or atheists would be safer?  Why?
28.Do you believe in free will?  (free will being the ability to make choices without coersion). 
29.If you believe in free will, do you see any problem with defending the idea that the physical brain, which is limited and subject to the neuro-chemical laws of the brain, can still produce free will choices?
30.If you affirm evolution and that the universe will continue to expand forever, then do you think it is probable that given enough time, brains would evolve to the point of exceeding mere physical limitations and become free of the physical and temporal and thereby become "deity" and not be restricted by space and time?  If not, why not? 
31.If you answered the previous question in the affirmative, then aren't you saying that it is probable that some sort of God exists?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
1.The lack of believe in god or gods
2. both if others make laws that force religious belief's down others throats.
3.It is never wrong to question reality, if it is real it will survive.
4.I believe that science is the only way to identify reality.
5.I welcome being wrong, nothing is wrong with that.
6.The truth is reality, we have yet to discover all the truth but we are working on it.
7.Claims require evidence, Extra ordinary claims require extra
8.I don't know. I am open for anything with evidence.
9.No, but I believe most atheist do share a world-view. Reason is good
10.It's interesting that you bring that up. We could argue who threw the first stone but how many post have you put up to attack atheism?
11.The fact that I want to know the truth. I couldn't keep justifying the bible against what the world actually showed.
12.No, but I would think it would be better without a need of religion to be accepted.
13. I don't know, could christians accept that there book is not the end all of all debates?
14.No, but I do think that it is illogical
15.There is no other way we can know knowledge. Even if you came up with a way you would have to prove it through the scientific method. ?
16.If a god interacts with the world we should be able to test his effects.
17.We define our own purpose
18. See above
19. Society
20.Things that keep humanity alive. Genocide is always a bad thing
21.No Genocide, don't make earth unlivable, Nucking canada.
22.Things that kill of humanity.
23.Mine.
24.Any evidence that could not be refuted. IE if humans had a genome sequenced in primary numbers.
25.Again anything that could not be refuted.
26.Any of those would work.
27. Neither, Society needs all kinds of nuts.
28.Yes, but I don't have a choice to say so . 
29.Computers using based laws are able to create random patterns. If computers can have free will why not humanas.
30.I don't know, maybe. I have no idea and maybe it happens, but we don't have any evidence
31. Sure, not a problem. Maybe we have a universes of Q's. However is there a personal god is a different question.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »
Flunked another test. What are you doing in school again?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
can't answer....again. no surprise. define "pure" water! not the chemical composition, examples.
What, if you are two dumb to understand H20 we have nothing more to talk about.

"Ok deal. Anything popular is real. Star Wars, harry potter, lord of the rings, People they all exist, because they are popular(popular). Also god didn't exist until 300 ad when Christianity(Christianity) became the roman religion. 

well now we know your sources of wisdom! LOL LOL LOL LOL
You said because something is popular it is real.

God didn't exist until 300 ad??????????????LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Acording to your logic the christian religion wasn't popular until 300 ad when it was made into the empires religion. This is your words.

"So that is it. There are none as blind... You can't even try to think of a way the earth could exist without the bible. I have never met anyone so brainwashed. I almost feel sorry for you. "

the world exists because of God, not the bible!
No, you can't even define god.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2014, 02:11:54 AM »
can't  give an example of "pure" water?????????? LOL LOL LOL because it will show you either don't know what you are talking about or you lied......again!
"Water can only exist in it's pure form in a vacuum" that is a lie. rain water is the only "pure" water. It does not exist in a vacuum! LOL LOL LOL did you gather rain water for your "experiments"? LOL LOL LOL tap water is not "pure" water! Water out of the garden hose is not "pure" water!
Caught lying again! what a surprise!!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Show the post where I said" because something is popular it is real."
you keep proving that you are a pathological liar, you just can't stop!

show the post where I said this, liar! "Acording(according) to your logic the christian(Christian) religion wasn't popular until 300 ad when it was made into the empires religion! This(these are) is your words."

I have defined God many times, liar. you simply don't accept the truth!