Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 5-12-15-Sex Offender Gets 25 Yrs in DOC  (Read 857 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
5/12/15
Sex Offender Sentenced to Twenty-Five Years in
the Department of Corrections

Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney, announces that Jeremiah Elam of Swedeborg, was sentenced to a total of twenty-five years in prison after being found guilty at a jury trial on the charges of Statutory Rape and Statutory Sodomy.  The case was tried in Phelps County after a change of venue from Pulaski County on March 24-25, 2015.  Circuit Judge John Beger sentenced the defendant on May 11, 2015 to fifteen years on Statutory Rape and ten years on Statutory Sodomy, with the sentences to run consecutive.

“I am very happy that this sexual predator is off the streets and in prison where he belongs for a long time,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman. “These cases are the most difficult to investigate and the most difficult to win a conviction on and I commend the investigators, child advocacy center staff, and my prosecutors who worked very hard and came together to obtain this conviction.”

This case was investigated by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and Kids Harbor Child Advocacy Center.  The case was prosecuted at trial by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton and Katie Croker.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman