Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: “The Sheriff’s View” (#126)  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
“The Sheriff’s View” (#126)
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

“The Sheriff’s View” (#126)

Well, it does appear as if the “Dog Days of Summer” have arrived in Pulaski County. Along with the longest day of the year, the summer equinox brought to this area some hot and muggy temperatures. For a quick history lesson, the Greeks referred to the Dog Days of Summer as the period it was the hottest in their land, which caused dogs to behave abnormally. With the number of bizarre incidents your Sheriff’s Department has been handling lately, I do believe that the Greeks would have included abnormal human behavior to their list. Actually, when the temperatures are hot, my German shepherd contradicts the above by getting lethargic and lazy; it’s just too bad some of our citizens who demonstrate bad behavior during these times can’t do the same!

Last week the Sheriff’s Department received some great (and long awaited) news from a local medical provider regarding the availability of Naloxone (Narcan) to the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department. Thanks to State Representative Steve Lynch, and the many others who helped support this legislation, both the House of Representatives and Missouri Senate passed a statute last fall which allows first responders to carry the drug Narcan with them during the course of their duties. This means that law enforcement and fire officials that are not medical professionals can carry and administer Narcan to individuals who have overdosed on an opiate based drug, namely heroin.

Your Sheriff’s Department is now on the fast track of training deputies to administer Narcan, when needed. This will only be done when a medical professional is not on-scene, such as a Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician. Once the deputies are trained, then Narcan will be placed in a number of patrol vehicles. The purchase of Narcan will be made from a financial donation from two concerned local citizens. Once this program is activated, I have been told that this department will be the first law enforcement agency in Missouri to have such.

Another endeavor is now being undertaken by the Sheriff’s Department to help deter crime and solve criminal cases in Pulaski County. A local retired law enforcement officer has decided to partially come out of retirement and assist this agency to develop a Crime Stoppers program. I am sure that many of you have heard of Crime Stoppers but for those who need further explanation, this is a community-based program where private citizens and local businessmen/women assist law enforcement agencies to combat crime. Crime Stoppers is operated by a board of individuals that collect monies and offer financial rewards to persons that wish to help law enforcement solve crimes. Crime Stoppers is a very successful nationwide program that has aided officers in solving thousands of criminal cases.

The above mentioned volunteer has generously agreed to take on the role of coordinating this effort. In the near future, he will attend a nationwide Crime Stoppers conference, where he will receive training to implement the program. I am very excited about the possibility of having a Crime Stopper’s program in Pulaski County, due to seeing how successful it has been for me personally in the past when working for agencies that utilized the Crime Stoppers program.

This concludes another week’s summary as your Pulaski County sheriff, and I hope to see you here again next week. For more information about the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department and other related items of interest, please visit our website (www.pcsheriff2.com), or on Facebook.

As always, stay safe and do something positive for your community.

Sheriff Ronald Long