Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: Why Bush will be a winner  (Read 15794 times)

Offline JETECK

• View Profile
Re: Why Bush will be a winner
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »

Share/Bookmark

An armed public are called citizens...an unarmed public are called subjects.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2007, 01:30:03 AM »
 During a speech in front of the largest teachers union in the us, she stated a plan to give every state $28 billion to allow state pre-schools to now become government run preschools. Many pre schools are businesses,why kill a person's business and have the government take it over? I guess because government does such a good job already. In effect she would take all the hard work people put into their business and make it government owned. My queation is where will she get the $28 billion per state?

Clinton: "Something Has to be Taken Away from Some People"
By Amanda Carpenter
Monday, June 4, 2007

During a nationally broadcast forum Monday evening on faith and politics Sen. Hillary Clinton (D.-N.Y.) attacked the free market and told listeners in that order to attain energy independence and provide universal health coverage, it would be necessary to “take away from some people.”

“An uninsured person who goes to the hospital is more likely to die than an insured person,” Clinton said. “I mean, that is a fact. So what do we do? We have to build a political consensus. And that requires people to give up a little bit of their own turf in order to create this common ground.”

She went on, “The same with energy. You know, we can’t keep talking about our dependence on foreign oil and the need to deal with global warming and the challenge that it poses to our climate and to God’s creation and just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people.”

Clinton made these comments near the end of her allotted 15-minute portion of the event.

Clinton also said that “the adult society has failed” young people “who are tremendously influenced by the media culture and by the celebrity culture.”

“I think that we have failed them in our churches, our schools and our government,” she said. “And I certainly think the free market has failed. We’ve all failed.”

The New York senator said something similar to “taking things away from some people” at a June 2004 private fundraising event in San Francisco. There, Associated Press reporter Beth Fouhy wrote that Clinton told attendees Democrats should take money back from taxpayers who benefited from President Bush’s tax cuts.

Clinton told her donors, “We're not coming to you, many of whom are well enough off that actually the tax cuts may have helped you, and say 'we're going to give you more.' We're saying, 'you know what, for America to get back on track and be fiscally responsible, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you.”

She added, “We’re going to take things away form you on behalf of the common good.”

On the campaign trail, each of the three leading Democrats running for their party’s nomination for President, Clinton, former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards and Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.), have said he or she would repeal the Bush tax cuts to help finance universal health care.

The June 4 event was hosted by Sojourners, a social justice movement for progressive Christians. Founder Jim Wallis is the author of “God’s Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It.”

CNN’s Soledad O’Brien moderated the forum. It aired on that station Monday evening from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Edwards and Obama also participated

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2007/06/04/clinton_something_has_to_be_taken_away_from_some_people?page=2

It is not a theory , it is a fact. She will take from some and give to others. It isn't a form of benevelance,it is control.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
As i have said to many people, obama is not muslim trained, he is but a christian and was raised this way, maybe you should read up on him. Just because someone has a last name from africa and a first name you might not be familiar with..seeing as most people from here dont get out much, no offense you might not be from here, he is very much so christian. And i take offense to this matter when people say he is muslim, i think he would make a very good president, why because he is part black he can be the head man of this country, that is wrong of everyone to say.
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
Doesn't matter what he is, he's way out of his league.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2007, 04:10:28 PM »
How is he way out of his league ? Because he is black ? Let me re-phrase that half black ? With a different type of name ? That means nothing. He has good values and makes good points, watch a democratic debate sometime, he makes great points.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »
NO..not because he's "black".  Because he hasn't been around as long or made his platform well known.  Being "good" doesn't cut it in the big league.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »
Really ? I think that he has made his platform very well known. Or maybe its because im always watching the democratic debates.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
So what is his platform?

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2007, 02:13:35 AM »
Well we can start with the fact that he is a liberal democrat(part of the reason i like him), so most of the things he is big on is obvious if you are big in politics. He is big on global warming(but no al gore, thank god!) but is a big believer in it. He is also supports abortion as a mothers right and homosexuality as a right, seeing as most people that are big on the bible,still commit crimes as adultery(so a big debated shouldn't be made out of this) What else would you like to be known about this great candidate for president ? He doesn't support Regan,or wasnt much of a fan of him i should say(but hey most people arn't) Loves Ford and hates Bush...this is my kind of canidate for president ! And lets not take out my karma for my political beleifs.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2007, 05:03:13 AM »
Sway, I added Karma back for anyone who took it, and I am glad to know I'm not the only person who supports a platform like that, but I do hope you'll consider whether a vote for Obama will ensure that Republican will get into the White House. Hillary may be despised by some, but she's showing stronger in the polls and if she has to share the votes with Obama, then there will be no Democrat elected. (Gripes my tail that the people who dislike her don't seem to have many real solid reasons, though. There are a few who do, but mostly I just see mudslinging and namecalling.) Obama's pretty untested still, and I'd like to see him have some more experience before becoming the most powerful person in the world.

Hillary's statements above are common sense. If you want to pay for these things, might have to stop spending on these. Works that way in every household I know if they don't want to get overwhelmed with debt, and it works for local governments, federal ones, and everything between.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

shadylane

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Bush is a winner for the most days on vacation.

Bush is a winner for the lowest approval rating for a president on record.

Bush is a winner for waisting the most money on a foreign country.

Bush is a winner for ignoring the separation of power between the three branches of the government.

But America and the GOP are the losers.

I don't mind the GOP getting what it deserves for allowing itself to be hijacked by the bush dynasty.

But I love my country and hate to see it sold to the highest bidder.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2007, 04:31:24 PM »
Plus karma, Shady.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2007, 05:01:22 PM »
OMG You are so brainwashed.

Well we can start with the fact that he is a liberal democrat(part of the reason i like him), so most of the things he is big on is obvious if you are big in politics. He is big on global warming(but no al gore, thank god!) but is a big believer in it. He is also supports abortion as a mothers right and homosexuality as a right, seeing as most people that are big on the bible,still commit crimes as adultery(so a big debated shouldn't be made out of this) What else would you like to be known about this great candidate for president ? He doesn't support Regan,or wasnt much of a fan of him i should say(but hey most people arn't) Loves Ford and hates Bush...this is my kind of canidate for president ! And lets not take out my karma for my political beleifs.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
OMG You are so brainwashed.

Strong statement there... What is it about that post that makes you say that?

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
HAHAHA, karma to shady ! that is great. I am brain washed ..haha thats right society has done me in....

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2007, 08:10:36 PM »
Abortion is murder, clear and simple and homosexualty is an abomination not matter how you look at it.  So why does Obama like Ford??  What did Ford do that was so spectacular?  He was never elected President or even Vice President by the people.  Electoral votes in that election were Reagan 489 to Ford 49.  So hmmm?  Seems like Obama is rooting for losers. 
Strong statement there... What is it about that post that makes you say that?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »
And Obama, like Red Hillary is anti-Constitution.  Well, let's put it this way,  They are for the parts that they like and anti for the rest of it.  I can't begin to imagine the damage either would do to this country with Congress as it is today.  Obama WAS brought up in a Muslim country and WAS in a Muslim School.  So, take offense.  He was trained as a Muslim.  Converted?  Well, we shall see.  I flat don't trust any of them on either side of the political fence.

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »
What else would you like to be known about this great candidate for president ?

What else?

How about what makes him a great canidate for president?  In your post about his platform I think it is interesting that you start your response by saying well, "he's a liberal democrat".

Vote the issues, please, not the party.  That is your responsibility as an American.

We are a nation at war, and you support this guy beause he's a liberal democrat, supports abortion, supports gay people, and don't like Regan....wow.
Never mind the international aspects of what the next president needs to be prepared to deal with....

*sigh*
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2007, 10:09:11 PM »
HA, you think i like him because he is but a liberal democrat and didn't like Regan ? Not so much i do support the issues at hand. I support abortion as a mothers choice.What constitutes as to say that abortion is murder ? And homosexuality is very acceptable in almost all countries but prude America. And i too support this,as horrible as this may sound but go on and do your history homework, during the time of the bible people were OPENLY gay, I'm not one to judge on top of that, really who cares, is it really effecting your life that terribly bad ? i think not, as you were taught as a kid if you don't like it, don't watch it. And i am very aware as what my duties are as an American, and if for some odd reason i would like to vote for someone because they are Democrat, well thank god this is America and you are not Hitler, because i can make that choice without repercussion.

And thank you for noticing we are this great nation at war, you see because i too am aware of this,god never mind my husband is getting ready for his third tour to iraq. But i support a pull out of that god forsaken country and their stupid civil war. I find no reason to keep us over there playing "boss" when there is nothing that can stop different relgions from killing each other.

O and just in case you never did pay attention in government class, in order to be president you must be born in this country and not of foreign soil , there for there is a flaw in your statement. And for the record his dad was muslim, this does not make him muslim.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »
 what is obama's record. What legislation has he authored?  What are his qualifications? There were an awful lot of dems that voted for ronald reagan(called the reagan democrats). Look at how much he won by.
 How is he qualified for foreign policy decisions? Homeland security,keepeing a strong economy going(the result of ronald reagan's tax cuts)?

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2007, 01:26:52 AM »
Sway, you seem to be responding to about 3 different people in your last post - so I don't know if you were referring to me or not when you made your pointed remark about paying attention in history class.  If you were talking to me, I did pay attention, in all of them - Graduated with honors and a dual BA in history and political science.

My education gave me a good enough understanding of what this country is, and where it came from that I take my vote very seriously.

20 years in the Army defending others right to vote irresponsibly only reinforces my sense of what it is to be American.

Please, don't insinuate I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm not the one that can't explain why I'll vote for Obama without a google search for "Obama's platform" and a quick scan of the democratic underground.

You said -

HA, you think i like him because he is but a liberal democrat and didn't like Regan ?

Which strikes me as odd, because in your second to last post you said Well we can start with the fact that he is a liberal democrat(part of the reason i like him), - these are your words.....not mine.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2007, 02:02:48 AM »
Strictly Confidential, you would know that i was not implying you not knowing your government if you would have read the rest of the post, you never did state that he was raised in a foreign country now did you ? And i beleive i did state parts of his platform,WITHOUT some google search you would also know this if you would have read my above post of watching ALL of the democratic debates, go figure ? I mentioned it was part of the reason i liked him, not the "sole" reason i will vote for him, i relize what i said no need to choke on my words, and i ment it.

And for some reason i don't understand why you think i know nothing of politics and the democratic party ? You seem to beleive you know who i am, and i what i have done in my life which i personally find very amusing.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
Sway - I think SC meant to ask you to base your opinion on Obama's stance on specific issues that are likely to be addressed if he's in office, not that he was insulting you.

To everyone else:

I think it's important not to vote for someone based on their likeability, but it's also important not to vote based strictly on the "issues." The issues ARE important, but I think it's even more important to consider which candidate will be most willing to consider the people's opinions, and to use sound judgment in finding solutions that will work in ten or twenty years as well as today. It's my opinion that the Clinton crew did that better than any other politician that I can recall, and certainly better than Bush. I believe Perot might have, but that's a moot point. Any other candidates in the running for this? I can't think of any.

Offline skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
 I support abortion as a mothers choice.What constitutes as to say that abortion is murder ?
[/quote]

Lucky for you Sway that your mother didn't feel this way or you and your sisters might not be here. Also, isn't this the first presidential election you will be old enough to vote in? You may  feel differently about things after you've been around the block a time or two.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Don't worry Sway.  I went to college too.  Then I grew up and became conservative over the years.  More settled if you will.  I do not believe in Socialism (govt oversight into our lives) as the dems do.  I served during the cold war and Viet Nam.  I believe we were and are against socialism.  It was the USSR.  Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.  We are one Republic and do not deserve to be socialized byt the govt.  Look back at the damage done previously by dems, Johnson,Carter, Clinton.  It was the republicans getting us out of hard times economy and war wise too.  Johnson lied about Tonkin Gulf and immersed us in Viet Nam all the more.  Carter failed to act when Iran took hostages out of our Embassy.  Clinton failed to take out OBL when he had the chance(s).

retired1_us

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2007, 05:23:43 PM »
And Obama, like Red Hillary is anti-Constitution.  Well, let's put it this way,  They are for the parts that they like and anti for the rest of it.  I can't begin to imagine the damage either would do to this country with Congress as it is today.  Obama WAS brought up in a Muslim country and WAS in a Muslim School.  So, take offense.  He was trained as a Muslim.  Converted?  Well, we shall see.  I flat don't trust any of them on either side of the political fence.

That is one of the things that bothers me about him - too much speculation and not enough hard truth.  Born in Honolulu but not there long after......OK, his being born on American soil allows him the right to run for President.....hmmmmm....and he definitely had Muslim influence in his background. 

I guess here goes my tin hat side - it's real easy to get a college degree these days - less than the cost of the paper it's printed on.  Sure would like to see a Birth Certificate.......but would that be enough to convince me?  Where the hell is all of his money coming from?  Any of it from the Middle East?  Or companies with Middle Eastern ties?  Show me one, and I will guarantee there are a hundred just not so easily traceable.

He has no political track record to qualify him for ANY of the tasks he will be responsible and held accountable for.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2007, 05:48:02 PM »
I do not believe in Socialism (govt oversight into our lives) as the dems do. 

I have a hard time seeing democrats as socialists. There are socialized aspects to it, yes. But at the same time, to say that this is government oversight in our lives contradicts the democratic platform in so many ways! I consider the Republican platform to be much more intrusive into our lives because they regulate morals so much more so than the Democrats.

I guess here goes my tin hat side - it's real easy to get a college degree these days - less than the cost of the paper it's printed on. 

Will you PLEASE go tell this to the folks at Mizzou? Because they're sure costing me a minor fortune for my daughter.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »
Well there is socialized medicine coming at us if Red Hillary has her way.  Hubby certainly signed off an NAFTA so we can now look at the NAU and become a socialist nation with Mexico and Canada and give up our Republic and Constitution.  The dems want to make the rich take care of the poor.  What ever happened to the tithe?  The entire system as set up by dems is socialist in nature.  Remember dems voted along with the rest to support the unconstitutional patriot act.  The most intrusive of all laws on the books.  Never saw a law get passed so fast.  Collusion?  I noticed you did not address comments (facts) about Clinton,Carter or Johnson.  But facts they are and cannot be put aside.  AS I said, I trust neither side of the political fence.  Poor choices all around with both parties.  Guess I will vote Libertarian.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »
Well there is socialized medicine coming at us if Red Hillary has her way.  Hubby certainly signed off an NAFTA so we can now look at the NAU and become a socialist nation with Mexico and Canada and give up our Republic and Constitution.  The dems want to make the rich take care of the poor.  What ever happened to the tithe?  The entire system as set up by dems is socialist in nature.  Remember dems voted along with the rest to support the unconstitutional patriot act.  The most intrusive of all laws on the books.  Never saw a law get passed so fast.  Collusion?  I noticed you did not address comments (facts) about Clinton,Carter or Johnson.  But facts they are and cannot be put aside.  AS I said, I trust neither side of the political fence.  Poor choices all around with both parties.  Guess I will vote Libertarian.

I didn't get into specifics because I didn't see a need. I agreed that there are certainly socialist aspects. My personal thoughts are that we need to look out for one another, but it's also possible to go too far with it. It's also possible to govern too much, which at present I feel is the greater risk and coming from the Republican side of the house. Like you, I don't trust either side, but I'm leaning toward the Dems strongly at the moment.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2007, 06:34:53 AM »
I support abortion as a mothers choice.What constitutes as to say that abortion is murder ?

Lucky for you Sway that your mother didn't feel this way or you and your sisters might not be here. Also, isn't this the first presidential election you will be old enough to vote in? You may  feel differently about things after you've been around the block a time or two.

o i am so proud that you seem to know so much about me ? And its not the point if this is to be the first election i vote in , are you to say i don't know my politics ? Apperently you don't know me as well as you think you do, but thank for the concern.

That is one of the things that bothers me about him - too much speculation and not enough hard truth.  Born in Honolulu but not there long after......OK, his being born on American soil allows him the right to run for President.....hmmmmm....and he definitely had Muslim influence in his background. 

I guess here goes my tin hat side - it's real easy to get a college degree these days - less than the cost of the paper it's printed on.  Sure would like to see a Birth Certificate.......but would that be enough to convince me?  Where the hell is all of his money coming from?  Any of it from the Middle East?  Or companies with Middle Eastern ties?  Show me one, and I will guarantee there are a hundred just not so easily traceable.

Yes born in hawaii, but lived there most of his life, his father who is the muslim in this picture, was only there for a short amount of time and then went back to kenya, and his mother raised him, they went to indonesia for about 3 years then moved to new york, and NO WAY went to harvard...now i don't see you with a degree from that high standerd college(who knows maybe you do !?) but i don't think its very easy to get a college degree, and it isnt cheap at all? But hey ill foot you the bill maybe you have 4,000 dollars every semester to dish out and thats just for classes.