Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: New Waynesville City Hall?  (Read 13130 times)

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
New Waynesville City Hall?
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Does anyone know anything about the status of the building the City of Waynesville has or will purchase from Mr. Anderson.  From what I've observed there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of clearing of old machines and other equipment going on.  However, looks sometimes can be deceiving.  Several months ago the city showed plans of how the building would look after it is refurbished, but nothing has come out recently to my knowledge.  Anyone with any information, please post it so others like myself can see what the status of this project is!

MBRwife

Re: New Waynesville City Hall?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
They have purchased the property and are waiting for the final architectural plans to be approved.   It will be a great building.  Bruce Harrell is the one that worked on the plans to have City of St. Robert's building done.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
That will be so nice and add so much to the community!
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »
I saw in the paper today in the article about a robbery at Waynesville City Hall, it said "future site of Waynesville Police."  That isn't right is it.  Looks like they have cleaned up the Anderson property pretty good.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:36:31 AM »
I think the Anderson property is going to be city hall and the old city hall will become the police station.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 12:40:28 PM »
Some of the crap around that building has been cleaned up, however, there are still old vending machines on the docks and around the lot.  There are still old vehicles parked around and other stuff as well.  Does anyone happen to know when the city will take control of the building?

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »
I think the building the city is purchasing is on the south side of Historic.  The mess is on the north side?

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »
Maybe the city can buy the north side also and clean up the whole mess 

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »
The vending machines on the other side weren't Owned by Art. He and his Brother Norman operated the business as one company but one side was Arts and the other Normans. Normans is still in operation. We have 2 of their machines in our shop. The business is being ran now by Normans Grandson Kevin .
Biscuit

Offline cynicistforever

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
Maybe the city can buy the north side also and clean up the whole mess 

Now that's a good idea.  Let's have the City spend money and buy every piece of property when they can't make the owner obey the ordinances.

Nanna

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 08:08:24 PM »
Very point
You get in trouble is YOU don't cut your grass but the Anderson's can have a place that looks like crap and nothing is done about it.
what's up with that?  anyone know

zarkee

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »
No guts by the Mayor or Council to clean it up. Home owners are easier targets. When you get the home owners clean up then you can claim success in getting the city cleaned up. Bunch of gutless cowards if you ask me. Show some leadership and go after the commercial stuff that needs to be fixed.

Offline cynicistforever

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 04:01:14 AM »
No guts by the Mayor or Council to clean it up. Home owners are easier targets. When you get the home owners clean up then you can claim success in getting the city cleaned up. Bunch of gutless cowards if you ask me. Show some leadership and go after the commercial stuff that needs to be fixed.

I would say I agree with your voice; the only thing is we could rant all day and they don't care.  They have nice little tight circle; Anderson, Ransdall, Hammock, Skelton, etc.  Our opinions mean nothing; their pocket books are the only things that mean anything.  They sit back and laugh at us for even thinking that how we feel matters.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »
Very point
You get in trouble is YOU don't cut your grass but the Anderson's can have a place that looks like crap and nothing is done about it.
what's up with that?  anyone know

I think the city's handling it pretty well, actually. When you think about it, the city can't really buy out individual homes, right? But having those cleaned up will help everyone in the area by making it a more attractive place for businesses and individuals. That means more tax revenue down the line, and more improvements. By buying the business for conversion, it eliminates a source of tension, prevents a (possible) major controversy, and lets the city stop renting property and instead develops an asset.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 10:30:04 PM »
I know alot of people complain about the Anderson's vending sites but really Its their business. They own and have owned those properties long before Waynesville ever started growing, and its their lively hood. when they started that business west Waynesville was the part of town acceptable for those machines. nothing much else was there. Unfortunately Waynesville grew around them , Its not their problem that people don't like where they are at, or how they keep the property. each one of those broken machines are there for parts needed to maintain there machines and continue business. While they aren't very pretty to look at, they are needed and so they will be on the property
Biscuit

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 07:41:04 PM »
No guts by the Mayor or Council to clean it up. Home owners are easier targets. When you get the home owners clean up then you can claim success in getting the city cleaned up. Bunch of gutless cowards if you ask me. Show some leadership and go after the commercial stuff that needs to be fixed

I would say I agree with your voice; the only thing is we could rant all day and they don't care.  They have nice little tight circle; Anderson, Ransdall, Hammock, Skelton, etc.  Our opinions mean nothing; their pocket books are the only things that mean anything.  They sit back and laugh at us for even thinking that how we feel matters

I clipped both of the above, Won't have to try and answer both separately.  I suppose I could have asked that the 1st one be deleted......Name calling......Besides, I didn't hear anyone asking you.  Do either of you, actually attend any Council or Committee meetings?, Do you bother to express your opinion to a member of thee City Council, or is it easier for you to sit back and call names like a 5 yr old.  If you have a solution, let someone know, don't just sit back and take potshots

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »
Its not their problem that people don't like where they are at, or how they keep the property. each one of those broken machines are there for parts needed to maintain there machines and continue business. While they aren't very pretty to look at, they are needed and so they will be on the property

My personal thoughts on it are that the condition of the property *is* their problem, and their responsibility since it can hurt neighborhood price values. It's not that expensive to put up a fence, after all. I am not picking on them, because there are a lot of other places that could use a coat of paint, new signs, etc. But we all have to adjust to change, and if that part of W'ville was perfect for it at one time, but no longer is, then they need to adapt to the city, not have the city adapt to them.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »
My personal thoughts on it are that the condition of the property *is* their problem, and their responsibility since it can hurt neighborhood price values. It's not that expensive to put up a fence, after all. I am not picking on them, because there are a lot of other places that could use a coat of paint, new signs, etc. But we all have to adjust to change, and if that part of W'ville was perfect for it at one time, but no longer is, then they need to adapt to the city, not have the city adapt to them.

I have to beg to differ on the price of the fence.  Two different places have quoted me for a fence and it was about $6000 for just a tiny yard.

I'd love to see it cleaned up or fence put up too though.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
I think the building the city is purchasing is on the south side of Historic.  The mess is on the north side?

That building looks like a warehouse to me, are you sure it's the building on the South side of the street. 

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 04:33:45 AM »
I have to beg to differ on the price of the fence.  Two different places have quoted me for a fence and it was about $6000 for just a tiny yard.

I'd love to see it cleaned up or fence put up too though.

I didn't say it was cheap to put up a fence. I said it wasn't that expensive because 1. It's a deductable business expense in this instance and 2. It's just a tiny area that needs it, something like 100 linear feet or less.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 02:54:31 PM »
I guess your right about the building on the South side of Old Route 66 being the one the city is purchasing.  I drove by again and  took a closer look and it has been cleaned up pretty well.  I would hope the city plans on refurbishing the outside (roof and brick) because it doesn't look all that great.  Does anyone know when they plan to start getting it ready to move into?

melissaking

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 03:49:20 AM »
I hope they have friendly employees at the new City Hall!! 

Offline ATSME

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »
I hope they have friendly employees at the new City Hall!! 
No, they will just move them in, like the furniture

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:14 PM »
Are they moving city hall or is this just going to be the police department?
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
On dollies, in the back of a u-haul. (lol)

No, they will just move them in, like the furniture
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ATSME

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
On dollies, in the back of a u-haul. (lol)

That is too funny! lol

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »
Last I was told City Hall to the new bldg. and Police to the old City Hall.

Offline Citizen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
Yankee Trader you are correct...the moves should happen in May..

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 01:47:12 AM »
Seems like the new building would be better for police.  More room for parking cars, more room for cells, etc.  Easier access to major road.  oh well they didn't ask me so....

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 01:57:32 AM »
Seems like the new building would be better for police.  More room for parking cars, more room for cells, etc.  Easier access to major road.  oh well they didn't ask me so....

I believe that was the original plan and it got changed.